Buying guide 3D printer
No screw? No jewelry to match your outfit? Is a component missing? Has the cabinet lost its knob? Want a new mobile phone holder? With the 3D printer ( Stereolithography ) you can do almost everything yourself. High level printer for home use: how does a 3D printer work? What do you need for that? Where does the printer get its information from? And how expensive is the piece of the Eigenprint brand in the end? Do you still have to follow up? Exciting, such a 3D printer! Let's take a look at your new hobby. Honest tests: buying guide for 3D printers
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics here.!
3D printers - in comparison
How does a 3D printer work?
Layer by layer: 3D printers are able to print three-dimensional objects. At the same time, it consolidates the layers so that they can no longer be recognized. The information that the 3D printer needs for this is obtained from a corresponding file. You can also get this software on your computer and use it to print your own ideas. The objects require materials that the 3D printer can process.
These filaments, as they are called, are sold in different colors and strengths. There are still differences, because not every 3D printer can process every filament and you need different filament for a toy than for a screw. Once the printed one is finished, you may have to remove it and rework it. There are again various options available to you, which we will explain in more detail below in the text.
What do you need a 3D printer for?
The areas of application of the printer are not only practical. You can use them for many projects and hobbies. We have suggested a few areas to you here:
- Making jewelry (either as a whole or small elements
- Game pieces (an army soldiers, chess pieces, game pieces, decorative animals and much more)
- Brackets for the cell phone
- Repair - pieces for larger parts
- Picture Frame
- Screws / technical things
- Missing stones for building blocks
- Specially created Kitchenware (Cookie molds or for filled pasta
You can make delicious pasta quickly and easily with your own Pasta maker do it yourself!
The imagination knows no limits. What is too big can be printed in two or more pieces and put together at the end. In theory, you could also print large projects like shelves yourself - but that takes time and the question is also how expensive it will be in the end.
3D printer sizes
Small desktop printers are available for relatively little money. They are very suitable for household use, but cannot process every material. In the middle class there are 3D printers that can print 10 cm plus in width, length and height. That is enough, for example, for smaller projects such as buttons, mobile phone holders or toy figures. The larger and more sophisticated the printers are, the more they make a difference: 70 cm in width, for example, are no longer an issue.
The choice of printer for private use is perhaps more based on the costs or the tasks that have to be mastered. If you want to print your own screws or tools, you need a printer that can process the appropriate materials.
3D printer and scanner
Those who cannot or do not have to fall back on the usual templates have to scan in what they need or want to create themselves. Some 3D printers can also scan. If you don't want to use it, you have the option of taking care of the scan yourself with free apps and appropriate software. As a rule, this data can then be passed on to the 3D printer as a file relatively easily.
Of course, there are also “correct” scanners on the market. You place your desired object on the surface and the scanner then creates a file from it, which you can then configure with software.
3D printer software
Almost all 3D printers have a clear touch screen on which you can make your settings. They also have a USB connection, here you can enter the file that the printer is to print (like a photo printer). But sometimes that's not enough and you want to answer it yourself. No problem. All you need is printing software, which printer dealers often provide for free. These run very easily via Android, Microsoft or Apple. So all you need is just a computer or tablet.
3D printer filament
Filament is the material that the printer needs to print in 3D. There are differences in both texture and color. Here is an overview:
- ABS : Toys, figures / 220 - 260 ° C
- SO : Exterior components / 230 - 260 ° C
- Green Tec : Models / 170 - 230 ° C
- Nylon : Tools, functional models / 230 - 270 ° C
- HIPS : ABS - alternative / 220 - 230 ° C
- TPU / TPE : Housing, toys / 190 - 245 ° C
- PVA : Support material / 180 - 210 ° C
- PLA : Models, beginners / 190 - 210 ° C
- PP : Household appliances / 220 - 240 ° C
- PETG : Mechanics / 190 - 230 ° C
- PMMA : Acrylic glass, toys / 230 - 260 ° C
- PC : Mechanical components / 250 - 310 ° C
As you can see here, you need different filaments, depending on what you want to print. For beginners, it is worthwhile to start with inexpensive filaments, then you can familiarize yourself with the 3D printer at your leisure. PLA, Green-TEc or PETG, for example, would be recommended to start with. Often there are the different filaments, like with "real" printer cartridges to buy in a set. These are usually cheaper then.
3D printer different possibilities
Still don't have a real idea what to do with your 3D printer? You can use it for private use or actually as a business. Maybe you can earn some money on the side, because the printer prints by itself. All you have to do is feed him with appropriate information. People who like to learn something new will quickly be fascinated by the endless possibilities.
3D printing in the private sector
3D printing has a huge number of uses in the private sector. You can make your own jewelry and also incorporate small souvenirs in it. Brooches or pendants with your favorite stone from the beach, for example. Or a keepsake from your grandparents. Who does not know that, a board game is missing a piece, a ball, a stone. You can do that yourself and don't have to buy it again. Minor repairs to doors, cupboards or household appliances? No problem. Markers for plants or pretty decorations for flower pots? Even in the bathroom, you can make your own towel hooks or toothbrush holders quickly and personalized.
3D printing in the commercial sector
A small business signed up quickly. For starters, this is probably more than enough for you, should you have another job. Another small business to a main or secondary business is also possible. But you have to monitor your income!
Jewelry can be wonderfully created by yourself and various materials can be used artistically. You could use it to go to the market or set up a lucrative online shop.
The same can be done for small artistic figurines or lucky charms. Guardian angels or lucky beetles are always given away on a variety of occasions.
Advertising : With a 3D printer you can produce special advertising material for other companies. Perhaps as the company's mascot, or the logo as a key ring or a shopping cart chip. Even small figures with the names of the employees as place cards are possible.
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics here.!
3D printer accessories
There are some important accessories that may not be included with your model. This includes:
Heated pressure board
You need this building board if you don't want the filament to dry and cool down so quickly. This way you avoid bulges and distortions that you don't want to have. If you work with ABS or PETG filament, you will rarely get around the heated pressure board.
Tool to solve
After your printed one is ready, you will need to remove it from the printer. The manufacturer usually provides suitable tools here. Otherwise you can simply buy them later.
Cleaner for 3D printers
Every now and then you have to clean your 3D printer and also the nozzles. Take a look at the manufacturer's recommendations. The suggested cleaners are precisely tailored to the printer. Sometimes it is also necessary to see whether the cleaner can loosen the filament that was last used.
Files, glue, paint: you have to or want to rework some parts. For this you need special colors and glue that does not attack the processed filament. Which is best for what would go too far here - take a look at forums, many hobbyists reveal their secrets there.
3D printers in the future
These examples of the possibilities listed by us can be accommodated well in society. It is different with printing meat or human cells. In a few years, artificial meat, printed from a printer, based on living cells (which were cultured in advance) should already be in the retailers' refrigerated counters. Medicine, too, sees its chance. Instead of a cow, you could also print humans in 3D and then use this printed matter to save human lives. Or to create a new skin after a burn. Or, or ... Many people have to make an effort here, where does ethics begin?
What you should consider when buying a 3D printer
In order to be able to choose your perfect 3D printer for you, these points are decisive for you:
- Which materials should the printer be able to process?
- Do you need software?
- How many accessories does the printer come with?
- A scanner?
- How big should the area of the printer be?
- How fast should it print?
- How expensive can the filament be?
- How often do you need the printer?
- What can the printer cost?
- What do users say about the device?
Once you've figured out what your work area is, and maybe even considering using the printer commercially, get high quality equipment that allows you to do more.
What you should consider when buying filament
There are the main points that you should pay attention to:
- The material
Your printer has to be able to process the material, the color has to match your project and the diameter has to be right - that's it! Your manufacturer will tell you the correct information about the materials and the diameter.
3D printer advantages and disadvantages
What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a 3D printer?
3D printer advantages
✔ You can print your own designer pieces
✔ You can also earn money with it commercially
✔ You can print spare parts and tools
✔ There are filaments for every area
✔ There are no more limits to your imagination and creativity
3D printer disadvantages
✘ The acquisition costs can be very high depending on the size and quality
✘ The filament can be correspondingly expensive
✘ You should be able to get enthusiastic about your own programming
Conclusion: Buy a 3D printer
Quickly print a screw or surprise the children with a new set of soldiers or bears. All of this is no longer a problem with a 3D printer. Jewelry or commercial items - items are made quickly - and with a little practice you can print your own things. You need a bit of specialist knowledge about the various filaments, their application and distribution, you need the appropriate software and the device for it. And otherwise? Fun with the thing, the will to learn something new and ultimately a large portion of creativity.
Find the top 10 best & best-selling 3D printer products 2022 on Honest Tests
- 【Quick start】 ANYCUBIC I3 Mega S Size: 210 x 210 x 205 mm; Modular structure for quick installation and quick printing.
- 【Precision】 ①ANYCUBIC Mega S has two synchronized Z-axis stepper motors that make leveling easier and the ...
- 【Powerful Extruder】 ANYCUBIC Mega S features a Powerful Extruder, which helps achieve better printing results. The...
- 【More function of Mega S】 ①ANYCUBIC Ultrabase print bed: strong adhesion, easy removal of the object after cooling, can ...
- Kreilaus, Marcel (Author)
- Multifunction printer - 3D printing and laser engraving in one device. The conversion between 3D printing and laser engraving can be done with just a few...
- Functions - Quiet printing thanks to the TMC2208 driver, thanks to the more precise control of the stepper motors, the noise level is greatly reduced. Of the...
- Multiple colors with just one print nozzle - Printing can be stopped at a specific layer number to change the filament. This...
- Construction - Sturdy rigid metal frame, the rigidity of the frame favors detailed prints. The modular structure...
- Thomas Kaffka (Author)
- Vintage Warning 3D Printing In Progress Nerdy 3D Printer Tee Gift Her work is additive manufacturing and modeling with 3D printers. Here...
- This graphic t-shirt is a great outfit or clothing for people who love 3D printing with 3D printer filament, 3D printer pen for...
- Classic cut, double stitched hem.
- Includes 3D printing tools to optimally prepare and validate your designs to make them 3D print ready
- Simple, understandable and intuitive to use: Precise 3D design for optimal results
- Perfect start with a German manual and English video tutorial
- Extensive 2D drawing tools (text, dimensions, 3D to 2D, cost calculator)
- Package: 1 piece of casual shirts. If you want to feel more relaxed, you can choose one size larger or two sizes larger than...
- Men's tank top t-shirt muscle shirt print motif sport style tank top tank shirt undershirts spring summer sleeveless letter print vest 3d ...
- men's t-shirts men's shirts men's long-sleeved men's long-sleeved men's shirt long-sleeved long-sleeved bicycle jersey men's summer long-sleeved shirt men's...
- elegant long black pink tight summer knee-length transparent striped bottom red white long-sleeved lace light cocktail dress blue large sizes...
- 【Intelligent 3D printer with automatic leveling】: Anycubic newly updated Kobra 3D printer, equipped with the self ...
- 【Ultra smooth and fast 3D printing】: Kobra 3D printers have a maximum printing speed of 180 mm/s (80 mm/s average, 167% ...
- 【Large Printing Volume】: Kobra's printing size is 220x220x250mm, which is larger than Mega S and Mega Pro. The print volume...
- 【Magnetic platforms made of spring steel】: Anycubic Kobra 3D Printer's printing platform has strong adhesion and excellent ...
- 👍[3D printer for beginners] Out of the box and fully assembled 3D printer, speedy printing 3D printer is super easy to use and ...
- 👍 [Automatic leveling and magnetic platform] The small 3d printer does not have to be leveled manually, the intelligent ...
- 👍[Double Z Axis Rails] High-precision printing is the most outstanding feature of Tina2. The dual Z-axis design ensures that...
- 👍 [Compact Design] This is a lightweight and minimalistic desktop 3d printer, the size of the mini 3d printer is 8,3 x 8,3 x 11,4 ...
- Kaffka, Thomas (Author)
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2022. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a 3D printer test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a 3D-Printer If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Buy a 3D printer - How to find the best 3D printer product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the "3D printer" product I'm looking for?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. However, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the 3D printer product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare your found 3D printer products. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers and brands are available for "3D printers"?
If you are looking for a "3D printer" product and want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed down your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & condition do I need and which do not?
Find & choose the best 3D printer product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about 3D printer products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests for 3D printers?
You now have a few 3D printer products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong 3D printer product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the 3D printer product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the 3D printer product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will bring you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and use of your upcoming 3D printer purchase.
Where can I find ratings, recommendations, reviews, tests, reviews, solutions and tips from other buyers?
⭐ Ask people around you about 3D printers or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ The top 10 list by Honest Tests takes you to the best and most popular 3D printer products with links to ratings & reviews, where you can find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a 3D printer test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with 3D printer test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here 3D printer test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example 3D printer test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest 3D printer test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing 3D printer test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here 3D printer test check.
Where can I find 3D printers to buy? 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for 3D printer products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others . All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for 3D printers are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money with the 3D printer?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your 3D printer product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your 3D printer product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the 3D printer product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
honest-tests.de can you do good Order 3D printer products online at good prices – Buy 3D printers online. Simply order 3D printers online, find 3D printer products and Buy 3D printer products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or order 3D printer products on the Internet. Buy a 3D printer: Order good products like 3D printers online - at a good price! Search 3D printer – find 3D printer – order 3D printer online!
The Honest Tests Website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as 3D printers at good prices on the Internet and to order 3D printer products directly to your home.
If you want to order 3D printers online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying 3D printer products is so easy! - Super easy to order 3D printer products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 26.09.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs