The mountains of laundry are piling up, it's time to do laundry - but how does it actually work? What should be noted that there are no surprises? Here is a little laundry guide with 7 things you should consider when washing your laundry.
|ÖkoMix - effective premixing of detergent and fabric softener. More thorough cleaning and ideal care||Accelerate the washing process with the varioSpeed option by up to 65%||7 kg capacity|
|ÖkoPower - the everyday program for thorough, energy-saving cleaning and ideal care in just one hour||A +++ -10%: washes 10% more efficiently than the A +++ energy efficiency threshold||Energy efficiency class D / 1200 revolutions per minute|
|The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon|
|1. April 2023 23: 12||1. April 2023 13: 22||1. April 2023 23: 12||2. April 2023 1: 59||1. April 2023 13: 22||1. April 2023 23: 12||1. April 2023 13: 22*Advertising|
The following categories can be important when sorting the laundry:
- Sort your laundry in advance
- Color of the textiles
- Washing temperature
- Condition / material
- Degree of pollution
Of course, your sense of washing aesthetics plays a role in some aspects. For example, it is up to you whether you strictly separate according to whites / coloreds (e.g. towels, bed linen ...) and outerwear, for example, or mix everything, but some principles should be observed if you want a good wash result without unfortunate discoloration or aims at surprising reduction of the original size. If you sort the laundry by color, you should make sure that there are no excessive contrasts. This is particularly important with new textiles and intense colors. Roughly, you could form a pile with light and one with dark laundry and then possibly sort again.
As a rule, laundry items have a label with the recommended maximum washing temperature. The most common are:
- 95 ° C (e.g. kitchen towels)
- 60 ° C (e.g. towels, bed linen, occasionally underwear and socks)
- 40 ° C (e.g. outerwear, T-shirts, jeans, sweaters, etc.)
- 30 ° C (also outerwear, T-shirts, jeans, sweaters, jackets, woolen blankets and other woolen textiles)
The Washing temperature-Recommendations are - as the name suggests - recommendations. One can say: What can withstand 30 ° C in the washing machine will also survive 40 ° C without damage. Of course, you can also exercise caution and still make the separation, but especially with T-shirts, jeans and similar normal clothing, the difference will hardly affect the result. With wool it's something else, but more on that later.
Towels, kitchen towels and bed linen can certainly also be washed at 40 ° C, but it should be noted, especially with kitchen towels, that they often contain grease stains and food residues that are difficult to remove, which can be easily removed at 60 ° C or 95 ° C.
Bed linen and towels should be washed at least occasionally at 60 ° C in order to kill possible mites and germs in the case of bed linen, for example. Underwear and socks can also usually tolerate these temperatures, unless they are sensitive, lacy and lacy clothing or the like. acts.
- As far as the texture is concerned, you should especially consider delicate textiles and fabrics (wool, silk ...). Some items of laundry should be washed in a special program and need a special detergent.
- Heavily soiled textiles should also be washed separately. More on this in the section on loading the washing machine.
- Check the laundry for items that you would rather not wash.
Trouser pockets in particular should be checked and, if necessary, emptied before washing. If there are candy wrappers, coins or jewelry in it, this is not necessarily further tragic, but it could be the end of your mobile phone and even car keys with an integrated chip probably do not tolerate the detergent solution
- Turn the laundry inside out.
This is necessary to prevent the colors and prints from being rubbed off by other items of laundry, zips and buttons.
- Close zips and buttons
This is particularly important for larger pillow and duvet covers, as otherwise other items of laundry may twist into the cover during the washing process. In this way, a large ball of laundry forms in the drum, which is difficult to distribute during the spin cycle.
- Choose the right load for the washing machine.
You should avoid the following extremes:
- Do not overload the machine. In theory, the maximum recommended load for normal household washing machines is five to six kilos. But with heavily soiled laundry, the washing result is severely impaired by overloading, there may be difficulties with the water drainage and the even distribution of the laundry in the spinning process is more difficult, even if the washing machine has an imbalance control.
It makes most sense to put the laundry into the drum in such a way that the washing machine is full, but the laundry items are not stuffed, but lie loosely in the drum.
- Do not wash your socks individually. Even if many washing machines have an integrated automatic volume control, a certain minimum amount of laundry should be available when you use the machine. Newer models adjust the amount of water and the washing time to the amount of laundry in the drum. You can easily wash a kilo of laundry.
- Put the correct amount of the correct detergent in the Washing machine for washing clothes
Of course, the first thing to do is to find the right detergent for washing clothes. There is a great variety for different types of textiles and types of laundry. You could probably have a separate can or bottle with a specially made detergent for each item of clothing if you wanted. A commercially available colored detergent is perfectly suitable for normal whites / coloreds or common clothes. It does not normally matter whether it is put in the drawer provided for this purpose or directly in the drum, but especially in the case of tabs, care should be taken to ensure that they are not placed on the rubber flap right at the beginning of the washing process, out of reach of the water and the rotating ones Land laundry.
The amount of detergent depends on the amount and degree of soiling of the laundry as well as the hardness of the water in your area. As a rule, dosage recommendations can be found on the containers of the respective detergent.
Select the appropriate program for washing clothes
Commercially available washing machines for washing clothes usually have the programs whites / coloreds, easy care, delicates and possibly short programs. There are also various temperature levels, setting the highest spin speed and possible economy and additional programs. For "normal" whites / coloreds and items of clothing, the "whites / coloreds" program with the highest possible spin speed is suitable. Some consumers would rather choose the easy-care program for outerwear. Set the temperature according to the laundry to be washed (see the section on pre-sorting the laundry) and select additional programs as required depending on the quantity, condition or soiling.
Depending on the model, washing takes less than one to over two hours. After washing, check the rubber coating on objects and remove any hair that has been rinsed to the edge. It is best to leave the porthole and the drawer slightly open so that the drum can air out and dry properly, unless the next wash cycle is to take place immediately. Then all over again ...
Find in the top🔟 the best & best-selling detergent products 2022 on Honest Tests
- Huge washing power: Fresh and spotlessly white laundry thanks to intensive washing power
- 5-fold stain remover: the washing powder makes even stubborn stains disappear
- High yield: the detergent concentrate allows up to 100 wash loads
- All good things come in 3+1 - Spee Aktiv Gel Universal offers the liquid solution for purity, radiance, freshness for white and light...
- Fresh scent - Thanks to the perfume technology, the liquid detergent from Spee gives the laundry a long-lasting fresh scent
- Powerful formula - The gel detergent ensures effective stain removal when washing clothes even at low temperatures, ...
- Weißer Riese Color Pulver is extra strong against stains and extra productive thanks to its giant washing power and ensures hygienically clean and...
- Particularly economical and extra strong against stains thanks to active stain removers that remove even the toughest dirt - ideal for families with children
- The color protection formula of Weißer Riese Color Powder protects against color transfer and ensures an excellent color result
- Clean laundry with the Ariel All in One Pods: 1. Stain removal 2. Radiant purity 3. Fresh scent 4. Fiber care 5. Effective from 20 ° C
- Incredible cleaning power in a small POD
- Ariel PODS ensure that your laundry is sparkling clean and smells pleasant
- Perwoll Renew and Repair - The liquid detergent offers optimal care, refreshes the color of all colorful textiles and wraps the ...
- For all bright colors - The Perwoll liquid detergent improves and protects the color intensity of colored laundry
- Modern fiber care - With the repair complex, the gel detergent strengthens fiber elasticity, repairs micro-damage and thus prevents ...
- For fiber depth, hygienic cleanliness
- Fantastic freshness from Lenor
- Heavenly softness
- Spee Color Gel - the liquid solution for radiantly pure and fresh colored laundry at a smart price
- Thanks to the perfume technology, the detergent from Spee gives your laundry a long-lasting fresh scent
- The ideal and versatile color detergent - suitable for 20 ° C - 60 ° C laundry - good washing results can be achieved at 20 degrees
- Irresistible formula - With natural essential oils and an intensive freshness effect, the detergent caps ensure clean, fragrant ...
- Intensive freshness effect - Thanks to improved perfume technology and the aromatic essence, the heavy-duty detergent also spoils you with ...
- Essential oils that are 100% natural - Thanks to nourishing essential oils*, the Weißer Riese detergent ensures that after washing the clothes...
- Powerful stain removal - the detergent with 2-chamber technology offers active stain remover and Persil luminosity formula in a practical ...
- Radiant purity - Thanks to their innovative formula, the detergent caps keep white and light-colored laundry radiant even after frequent washing ...
- Long-lasting freshness - With an active freshness effect, the Persil Caps ensure pleasant and long-lasting freshness when washing the laundry...
- Powerful stain removal - the washing powder with Tiefenrein-Plus technology penetrates deep into the fibers and removes even the most stubborn ...
- Radiant purity - Thanks to its innovative formula, the detergent powder keeps white and light-colored laundry even after frequent washing ...
- Long-lasting freshness - With an active freshness effect, the powder ensures pleasant and long-lasting freshness for ...
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | Fitness | You like product testing read?
- Electric Japanese Teppanyaki griddle for roasting and grilling
- Test: iRobot Roomba 980 vs. Xiaomi Roborock S6
- Test: iPad Pro keyboard | Apple Magic Keyboard vs. Logitech Slim Folio Pro
- Test: LG GSL 561 refrigerator | Side by side
- Test: TP-Link TL-WA860RE WLAN repeater with socket
- Test: pull-up bar by Pullup & Dip | Wall Mount & Detachable | Indoors & Outdoors
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 2.04.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs