Practical aids for elderly and sick people in the bathroom
Age brings with it that at some point we are not so mobile anymore and everyday things are harder for us. Even when we are ill, many things are agony. This guide is about how older people and those affected can benefit from new technology. Which gadgets are there? What should you pay attention to when buying? Can you even save in the long run? We've put together good alternatives for you to simplify your or your loved one's life.
Bathroom gadgets for the elderly and sick people.
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Bathing aids for older and sick people - in comparison
What must or should a senior-friendly bathroom accommodate? Many seniors can not move so well and have problems with the demands of everyday life. In order to provide the dignity and autonomy that is due to the elderly, you can change the bathroom so that, despite physical limitations, they can do most of the necessary things themselves.
But that's not all. Maybe you have elderly grandparents and would like to support them from afar? Smarthome theme is becoming more current. This allows you to control various devices from your smartphone.
Toilets with tools
If the joints are no longer so articulated and you may have problems with dizziness or with the toilet in old age, then a barrier-free toilet with appropriate handles for support is recommended. Even getting up can be difficult. If a person is no longer able to go to the bathroom alone, that's a major limitation that also nag your self-esteem.
Toilets are something very intimate. Something where one relies reluctantly on assistance.
In order to give the person back this freedom, there are various possibilities:
- Toilets that open the lid via the sensor and also rinse or clean yourself>
- Grab handles help to sit down and get up, Some elderly people become dizzy themselves when going to the toilet. Also handles can give the necessary support
- The toilet paper should always be within reach without the elderly person having to bend awkwardly when he needs it
- Maybe there is also one Toilet with BD function at. One Washlet is very modern. Whether it is suitable also depends on the mental flexibility of the person concerned
A sink should from the outset, if a conversion is necessary anyway, be planned so that it is in doubt to use with a wheelchair. One Faucet that turns on and off automatically, is helpful to save water. Also in the context of a developing dementia! Those affected can not forget to turn off the tap. A simple one Stool and any attached grab handles in front of or next to the sink complements the bathroom.
Soap dispensers are suitable for the shower and also for the washbasin. A piece of soap may fall off. When trying to pick up the soap bar, it is possible that the elderly person injured. The soap dispensers are available as either Soap dispenser with infrared sensor or with a lever. During the conversion, however, care should be taken to ensure that the person recognizes and accepts the soap dispenser as such.
|1||Automatic soap dispenser, Dalugo 300ml Touchless...*||27,14 €||Amazon|
|2||Sagrotan No-Touch Automatic Soap Dispenser White - Incl....*||Amazon|
|3||AHUIFT Soap Dispenser Automatic 400ML Touchless...*||Amazon|
Over time, some people's eyes are getting worse. A good Lighting of the bathroom becomes necessary. Clever here is an indirect lighting equal in a generous mirror. The lighting must not dazzle and some eyes do not tolerate the LED light. There is Daylight - LED lampswhose red content is increased. This makes it easy to see and the light does not hurt the eyes less or not at all.
Shower with tools
shower stool is there either to fold out or to put in place. In principle, the mobility of an elderly person should be preserved as long as possible, but under no circumstances should it come to an over-exertion and or endangerment. If man is strong enough, a fold-out seat may suffice. One non-slip surface helps to avoid accidents. Offers a fixed mount Soap and or shampoo dispensers at? These can not accidentally fall off.
Handles placed in and around the shower provide additional security.
If possible, the entire shower should be at ground level.
Bath with bath lift
Also, a bathtub can be rebuilt for seniors. If you have problems with getting in and out, you can turn your bathtub into a shower.
Perhaps it is worthwhile if necessary, the agreement with the landlord and permission is given to rebuild the bathtub for a walk-in shower.
If the elderly person likes to bathe but has difficulty getting out of the tub, it is a good idea when lift at. This seat is mounted in the bathtub and can simply be raised and lowered by pressing a button.
|1||Sporlastic Kasseler Patellar Tendon Bandage Active*||Amazon|
|2||Bellavita 4127 class Drive bathtub lifter with Classic ... *||204,23 €||Amazon|
|3||Bath lift Invacare Aquatec KOGIA incl. cover set white (...*||369,00 €||Amazon|
In the washing machine, especially the operability is important. With which model can the older gentlemen best identify? Too many buttons and settings are more irritating. In old age we do not learn so fast anymore and forget more. In addition, so that the restricted person does not have to struggle, it is also advisable to Washing machines - Underframe to use. This makes it easy to set the machine at a height that is very low on the back and on the joints. That's a great option, not only for seniors!
The Trash can belongs in every bathroom, There is always something to dispose of. Important: The bucket should be easily accessible. Good is one pedal bin, Better one Dustbin with infrared sensor, This raises and closes the lid by itself. That is very hygienic!
Also, the ceiling light should be lit so that the whole bathroom is well visible. Especially with older people, often younger, who like to forget something, offers itself Light with motion detector at. The light comes on when entering the bathroom and the sensor switches off automatically when no one is in the bathroom. LED is very economical, but not tolerated by every eye. take LED in the "daylight" variant, This is generally gentler.
* Attention funding! Under certain circumstances, you will be supported in the conversion! Inform and save money! **
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
The layout of the bathroom
Less is more - traps should be avoided. Anti-slip mats should be designed so that the person can not trip over it. If a washing machine takes up a lot of space or is unfavorable, look for another place. Maybe there is room in the kitchen or in the basement - or the laundry can be completely outsourced. Because with the washing it is not done - the laundry must also be dried. This can mean a huge effort in old age.
Cleverly distributes handholds around the room, ensuring that nothing can go wrong on the go.
The sensor technology is practical, but it is hygienic but not suitable for every elderly person. Some diseases such as dementia or Alzheimer's do not allow new learning and trust. It is quite possible that the person can not make friends with the new technology - in the worst case, it is afraid because it does not understand how "a thing can move alone". Just try it out with the person, see how she reacts and if she can handle the technique.
- automatic toilet lid
- automatic rinsing
- automatic soap and shampoo dispensers
- automatic trash cans
- Light with motion detector
- automatic taps
- Air dryer / blower
other practical aids in the bathroom
If the elderly person lives in a rented apartment, vor a renovation and remodeling necessarily the landlord be asked.
Specific Promotions from the state sometimes add a nice cash injection.
If it is property, you can make the bathroom so that if necessary, the handles and the like can be restored, or vice versa, that bathroom too can be used with a wheelchair.
When the elderly person begins to become frail, it is the worst for the person in the first second. He'll find that he's getting old, that his surroundings may be acting strangely. With the physical afflictions may come forgetting and thus the fear is in the door. And that fear can make you aggressive. A vicious circle. It is all the more important to take (at least try) this fear and help it to remain independent for as long as possible and also to prevent accidents. Loving encouragement is also part of managing things for as long as possible. Early "getting used" to things like sensor technology can also help to handle it better later. A person who already has dementia will have a harder time than someone who is still vigorous.
Pros and cons senior-grade bathroom
Maybe it looks like a lot of work at first glance. But it may be worth it, right?
✔ Older people can stay independent longer
✔ people in need of care live longer in their own home
✔ With a modernization, the value also increases
✔ the hygiene can be improved
✔ and safety as well
✔ maybe also: who is not happy about a nice new bathroom?
✘ For rented flats, one depends on the "good will" of the landlord
✘ despite subsidies, modernization can be costly
✘ the bathroom is not useful for the time of the renovation
What to look for when buying senior-friendly products
Quality and stability are always ahead of quantity. Things that are not working properly or that are shaky can be dangerous. Do you buy high quality items, the resale value is higher.
Conclusion - Age-appropriate bathroom Bad gadgets
Grow older with dignity. The law is for everyone. As long as it is possible to live in your own home, is unfortunately a gift today. A present, which we should give away more often. A senior bathroom can be the best present. Washbasin, toilet, shower, bath, various gadgets with infrared sensors, grab bars and anti-slip mats help, so that the persons concerned can care for a long time independently in their bathroom and can also visit the toilet independently.
Find the best & best-selling bathrooms for seniors in the top🔟
Products 2023 on Honest Tests
- Newthinking Suction Bathroom Grab Bars give you steady confidence in a slippery area. The strong suction cup design works on...
- Portable grab bar with safety grip with suction cup attachment and quick release! Useful disability and mobility aid for...
- Textured, contoured rubber provides a comfortable, non-slip grip, stays in place even when wet, and provides security in bathrooms,...
- Shapely and versatile shower and bath stool
- Feet with non-slip rubber caps for a secure fit
- 5-fold height adjustment from 38-48 cm seat height
- 【High quality material】 Our shower handles are made of antibacterial nylon for the surface and stainless steel for the inner tube....
- 【Excellent Design】Convex particles on the outer tube surface help prevent slipping and make the grip more secure....
- 【Safety Support】 Our handrails can prevent the elderly and children from falling or slipping when they ...
- 【Safety & non-slip】 The hand grip shower without drilling with display is made of plastic, with two suction cups with high performance, very ...
- 【Easy to install】 The grab bars for seniors without drilling is easy to install, and it only takes 10 seconds to ...
- 【Comfortable & firm】 The hand grip shower without drilling and showers have an easy grip of handles that have a non-slip ...
- 304 STAINLESS STEEL SHOWER HANDLE: The material of the grab bar is 304 stainless steel, so there is no doubt about its strength and safety. Of the...
- Robust multi-purpose design: The shower grab bar can not only be used for bathtubs and showers to protect your safety, ...
- Suitable for everyone: This safety wall handle is suitable for the elderly, children, the disabled and people with limited mobility...
- ✅ STACKABLE & EXPANDABLE: Thanks to the clever product shape, the step stool can be easily stacked and hooked together. One...
- ✅ ANTI-SLIP: Wet feet are no problem! Thanks to the soft and comfortable anti-slip surface and feet, the step ensures a...
- ✅ FOR EVERYONE: Ideal stool for seniors and children. The entry aid promotes safety and independence in the bathroom with...
- ANTI-SLIP // The surface with anti-slip coating offers you safety even with wet feet when getting into your bathtub or ...
- STACKABLE & EXPANDABLE // Thanks to the clever product shape, the step stool can be easily stacked and connected with hooks. A step...
- NEW FREEDOM // The step stool is suitable for seniors and anyone who needs help getting into the bathroom. Design your...
- 【SAFETY & Fluorescence】Stainless steel inner tube and nylon surface, have a texture that makes it easy to grip. Nylon The handle...
- 【Top material & strong load】 With high-quality material and secure wall mounting offers you a secure hold in the shower. In order to...
- 【Easy to Install】 Comes with screws for easy mounting on almost any surface, like bathroom wall. with fastening material...
- The scope of delivery included 1 bathroom grab bar made of stainless steel and the associated fastening material. It is around 30cm long, has a...
- The Abimars 300mm bath handle made of 304 stainless steel with a non-slip grip area. The non-slip grip area has...
- The handles are attached with 4 screws on each side for added strength and security. Screws and dowels are included....
- Height-adjustable shower stool: This height-adjustable shower stool is perfect for any body size and is the perfect ...
- Bathroom stool white, 110 kg: The white shower stool can be loaded up to 110 kg. Therefore, the bath stool is also suitable for heavy people.
- Stool for shower or bathtub: Due to the light weight of only 1,5 kg, the bath stool can be easily carried and moved. The seat aid...
- Test report: iPhone 12 from Apple
- Test: Tefal OptiGrill + | Contact grill
- Review: Primal Berries - Red Berry Smoothie | Primal State
- Portable air purifier with rechargeable battery + washable air filter | Against dust and pollen for clean indoor air
- Fast charging with Power Delivery | USB-PD | 65W UGREEN Fast Charger
- Review: Huawei Watch GT2
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a bathroom for seniors test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Bathroom for seniors If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
How to easily find the best bathroom for seniors product for you!
What exactly do I expect to buy from the bathroom for seniors product?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. However, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the bathroom for seniors product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the bathroom products you found for seniors. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers or brands produce bathrooms for seniors?
If you are looking for a "Bathroom for Seniors" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & condition do I need for bathrooms for seniors and which do not?
How to choose the best senior bathroom product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about bathroom products for seniors, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Bathroom for seniors reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few Senior Bathroom products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative bathroom for seniors reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong bathroom product for seniors or who didn't get the right information and were disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the bathroom for seniors product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the bathroom product for a long time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Perhaps it will bring you further insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming senior bathroom purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for senior bathroom problems?
⭐ Ask people around you about bathrooms for seniors or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ Honest Tests top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular senior bathroom products with links to ratings & reviews, where you can find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a bathroom for seniors test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Bathroom for seniors test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Bathroom for seniors test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Bathroom for seniors test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Bathroom for seniors test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Bathroom for seniors test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Bathroom for seniors test check.
How to buy bathrooms for seniors! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular retailers for bathroom products for seniors could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others . All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for bathrooms for seniors are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying a bathroom for seniors?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could put a price alert on your bathroom for seniors product. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your bathroom for seniors product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the senior bathroom product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
On honest-tests.de can you do good Order bathroom products for seniors online at good prices – Buy bathrooms for seniors online. Simply order bathroom for seniors online, find bathroom for seniors products and Buy bathroom for seniors products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or order bathroom products for seniors online. Buy bathroom for seniors: Order good products like bathrooms for seniors online - at a good price! Search bathrooms for seniors – find bathrooms for seniors – order bathrooms for seniors online!
The Honest Tests Website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as bathroom for seniors at good prices on the Internet and to order bathroom for seniors products directly to your home.
If you want to order bathrooms for seniors online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying bathroom products for seniors is so easy! - Super easy to order bathroom products for seniors online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 11.12.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs