Buying guide 3D printer
- Buying guide 3D printer
- 3D printers - in comparison
- How does a 3D printer work?
- 3D printer software
- 3D printer filament
- 3D printer different possibilities
- 3D printer accessories
- 3D printers in the future
- What you should consider when buying a 3D printer
- 3D printer advantages and disadvantages
- Conclusion: Buy a 3D printer
- Recommended 3D Printer - Top 10 Topseller List
- 3D printer - purchase advisor
No screw? No jewelry to match your outfit? Is a component missing? Has the cabinet lost its knob? Want a new mobile phone holder? With the 3D printer ( Stereolithography ) you can do almost everything yourself. High level printer for home use: how does a 3D printer work? What do you need for that? Where does the printer get its information from? And how expensive is the piece of the Eigenprint brand in the end? Do you still have to follow up? Exciting, such a 3D printer! Let's take a look at your new hobby. Honest tests: buying guide for 3D printers-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
3D printers - in comparison
|【Quick start】 ANYCUBIC MEGA-S Size: 210 x 210 x 205mm; Modular construction for quick assembly lets you start printing faster||【Easy to use slicing software】 ELEGOO Mars 3D printer comes with the latest version of the CHITUBOX slicer software, which gives you a pleasant user experience. This...||The digitally translated copy of the user manual is on the SD card | Technical support: Live chat Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m. PST & Email support@Monoprice.com||【Quick start】 ANYCUBIC MEGA-S Size: 210 x 210 x 205mm; Modular construction for quick assembly lets you start printing faster||Flashforge Dreamer 3D printer - dual extruder - size 230x150x140mm - layer thickness 0.1 - 0.5mm - extruder temp 220 ° C||Max Printing Object Size: 200 x 200 x 175mm||Supported filament: Eco-ABS, nylon, PETG, PLA in different colors; 1x black Eco-ABS and 1x transparent PETG filament spool included in the set||All metal shell + CNC aluminum parts: All metals one-piece shell, strengthening the frame structure, reduce resonance, CNC aluminum parts cutting process high quality, more durable.|
|【Precision】 ①Two synchronized Z-axis stepper motors make leveling easier and improve printing results. ② The rigid metal frame improve the stability of the machine and ...||【Save 3D printing materials】 Thanks to the CHITUBOX, you can simply hollow out your models before cutting, which could save you the resin. This 3D printer is equipped with 40W ...||Support of all filament types with a thickness of 1,75 mm - Thanks to a heated build plate, this printer works with every type of filament, starting with simple filaments such as ABS and PLA||【Precision】 ①Two synchronized Z-axis stepper motors make leveling easier and improve printing results. ② The rigid metal frame improve the stability of the machine and ...||for ABS / PLA / PVA etc. 1.75mm filaments - heated printing plate with auto-temp 110 ° C for ABS / 50 ° C for PLA - printing accuracy approx. 0.1mm||Layer: 0.02mm - 0.2mm||Built-in RFID technology for automatic detection of the filament used for automatic, recommended print settings and for monitoring the amount of filament still available on the spool||Easy leveling patented design: lower the printing platform to 2K screen, keep a distance of - A4 paper, and lock the steel ball to level the ...|
|318,99 €||199,99 €||175,45 €||319,99 € statt 329,99 €||802,00 €||518,00 €||1.269,58 € statt 1.699,00 €||688,70 €|
|10,00 €||429,41 €|
|25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10||25. October 2020 20: 10*Advertising|
How does a 3D printer work?
Layer by layer: 3D printers are able to print three-dimensional objects. At the same time, it consolidates the layers so that they can no longer be recognized. The information that the 3D printer needs for this is obtained from a corresponding file. You can also get this software on your computer and use it to print your own ideas. The objects require materials that the 3D printer can process.
These filaments, as they are called, are sold in different colors and strengths. There are still differences, because not every 3D printer can process every filament and you need different filament for a toy than for a screw. Once the printed one is finished, you may have to remove it and rework it. There are again various options available to you, which we will explain in more detail below in the text.
What do you need a 3D printer for?
The areas of application of the printer are not only practical. You can use them for many projects and hobbies. We have suggested a few areas to you here:
- Making jewelry (either as a whole or small elements
- Game pieces (an army soldiers, chess pieces, game pieces, decorative animals and much more)
- Brackets for the cell phone
- Repair - pieces for larger parts
- Picture Frame
- Screws / technical things
- Missing stones for building blocks
- Specially created Kitchenware (Cookie molds or for filled pasta
You can make delicious pasta quickly and easily with your own Pasta maker do it yourself!
The imagination knows no limits. What is too big can be printed in two or more pieces and put together at the end. In theory, you could also print large projects like shelves yourself - but that takes time and the question is also how expensive it will be in the end.
3D printer sizes
Small desktop printers are available for relatively little money. They are very suitable for household use, but cannot process every material. In the middle class there are 3D printers that can print 10 cm plus in width, length and height. That is enough, for example, for smaller projects such as buttons, mobile phone holders or toy figures. The larger and more sophisticated the printers are, the more they make a difference: 70 cm in width, for example, are no longer an issue.
The choice of printer for private use is perhaps more based on the costs or the tasks that have to be mastered. If you want to print your own screws or tools, you need a printer that can process the appropriate materials.
3D printer and scanner
Those who cannot or do not have to fall back on the usual templates have to scan in what they need or want to create themselves. Some 3D printers can also scan. If you don't want to use it, you have the option of taking care of the scan yourself with free apps and appropriate software. As a rule, this data can then be passed on to the 3D printer as a file relatively easily.
Of course, there are also “correct” scanners on the market. You place your desired object on the surface and the scanner then creates a file from it, which you can then configure with software.
3D printer software
Almost all 3D printers have a clear touch screen on which you can make your settings. They also have a USB connection, here you can enter the file that the printer is to print (like a photo printer). But sometimes that's not enough and you want to answer it yourself. No problem. All you need is printing software, which printer dealers often provide for free. These run very easily via Android, Microsoft or Apple. So all you need is just a computer or tablet.
3D printer filament
Filament is the material that the printer needs to print in 3D. There are differences in both texture and color. Here is an overview:
- ABS : Toys, figures / 220 - 260 ° C
- SO : Exterior components / 230 - 260 ° C
- Green-Tec : Models / 170 - 230 ° C
- Nylon : Tools, functional models / 230 - 270 ° C
- HIPS : ABS - alternative / 220 - 230 ° C
- TPU / TPE : Housing, toys / 190 - 245 ° C
- PVA : Support material / 180 - 210 ° C
- PLA : Models, beginners / 190 - 210 ° C
- PP : Household appliances / 220 - 240 ° C
- PETG : Mechanics / 190 - 230 ° C
- PMMA : Acrylic glass, toys / 230 - 260 ° C
- PC : Mechanical components / 250 - 310 ° C
As you can see here, you need different filaments, depending on what you want to print. For beginners, it is worthwhile to start with inexpensive filaments, then you can familiarize yourself with the 3D printer at your leisure. PLA, Green-TEc or PETG, for example, would be recommended to start with. Often there are the different filaments, like with "real" printer cartridges to buy in a set. These are usually cheaper then.
3D printer different possibilities
Still don't have a real idea what to do with your 3D printer? You can use it for private use or actually as a business. Maybe you can earn some money on the side, because the printer prints by itself. All you have to do is feed him with appropriate information. People who like to learn something new will quickly be fascinated by the endless possibilities.
3D printing in the private sector
3D printing has a huge number of uses in the private sector. You can make your own jewelry and also incorporate small souvenirs in it. Brooches or pendants with your favorite stone from the beach, for example. Or a keepsake from your grandparents. Who does not know that, a board game is missing a piece, a ball, a stone. You can do that yourself and don't have to buy it again. Minor repairs to doors, cupboards or household appliances? No problem. Markers for plants or pretty decorations for flower pots? Even in the bathroom, you can make your own towel hooks or toothbrush holders quickly and personalized.
3D printing in the commercial sector
A small business signed up quickly. For starters, this is probably more than enough for you, should you have another job. Another small business to a main or secondary business is also possible. But you have to monitor your income!
Jewelry can be wonderfully created by yourself and various materials can be used artistically. You could use it to go to the market or set up a lucrative online shop.
The same can be done for small artistic figurines or lucky charms. Guardian angels or lucky beetles are always given away on a variety of occasions.
Advertising : With a 3D printer you can produce special advertising material for other companies. Perhaps as the company's mascot, or the logo as a key ring or a shopping cart chip. Even small figures with the names of the employees as place cards are possible.-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
3D printer accessories
There are some important accessories that may not be included with your model. This includes:
Heated pressure board
You need this building board if you don't want the filament to dry and cool down so quickly. This way you avoid bulges and distortions that you don't want to have. If you work with ABS or PETG filament, you will rarely get around the heated pressure board.
Tool to solve
After your printed one is ready, you will need to remove it from the printer. The manufacturer usually provides suitable tools here. Otherwise you can simply buy them later.
Cleaner for 3D printers
Every now and then you have to clean your 3D printer and also the nozzles. Take a look at the manufacturer's recommendations. The suggested cleaners are precisely tailored to the printer. Sometimes it is also necessary to see whether the cleaner can loosen the filament that was last used.
Files, glue, paint: you have to or want to rework some parts. For this you need special colors and glue that does not attack the processed filament. Which is best for what would go too far here - take a look at forums, many hobbyists reveal their secrets there.
3D printers in the future
These examples of the possibilities listed by us can be accommodated well in society. It is different with printing meat or human cells. In a few years, artificial meat, printed from a printer, based on living cells (which were cultured in advance) should already be in the retailers' refrigerated counters. Medicine, too, sees its chance. Instead of a cow, you could also print humans in 3D and then use this printed matter to save human lives. Or to create a new skin after a burn. Or, or ... Many people have to make an effort here, where does ethics begin?
What you should consider when buying a 3D printer
In order to be able to choose your perfect 3D printer for you, these points are decisive for you:
- Which materials should the printer be able to process?
- Do you need software?
- How many accessories does the printer come with?
- A scanner?
- How big should the area of the printer be?
- How fast should it print?
- How expensive can the filament be?
- How often do you need the printer?
- What can the printer cost?
- What do users say about the device?
Once you've figured out what your work area is, and maybe even considering using the printer commercially, get high quality equipment that allows you to do more.
What you should consider when buying filament
There are the main points that you should pay attention to:
- The material
Your printer has to be able to process the material, the color has to match your project and the diameter has to be right - that's it! Your manufacturer will tell you the correct information about the materials and the diameter.
3D printer advantages and disadvantages
What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a 3D printer?
3D printer advantages
✔ You can print your own designer pieces
✔ You can also earn money with it commercially
✔ You can print spare parts and tools
✔ There are filaments for every area
✔ There are no more limits to your imagination and creativity
3D printer disadvantages
✘ The acquisition costs can be very high depending on the size and quality
✘ The filament can be correspondingly expensive
✘ You should be able to get enthusiastic about your own programming
Conclusion: Buy a 3D printer
Quickly print a screw or surprise the children with a new set of soldiers or bears. All of this is no longer a problem with a 3D printer. Jewelry or commercial items - items are made quickly - and with a little practice you can print your own things. You need a bit of specialist knowledge about the various filaments, their application and distribution, you need the appropriate software and the device for it. And otherwise? Fun with the thing, the will to learn something new and ultimately a large portion of creativity.-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
Recommended 3D Printer - Top 10 Topseller List
The most popular 3D printer products | 3D printer offers with discounts to save money
- High quality 3D printer with integrated HEPA filter for clean ambient air. Closed pressure housing with locking sensor and heatable, ...
- Online surveillance camera integrated in the housing to monitor the printing process externally. Operation via intuitive touch display with connection ...
- Maximum print size: 150x150x150mm. Software: Flashprint. File formats: Input: 3MF / STL / OBJ / FPP / BMP / PNG / JPG / JPEG Output: GX / G. Operating system: Win ...
- 【Quick start】 ANYCUBIC MEGA-S size: 210 x 210 x 205mm; Modular construction for quick assembly lets you print faster ...
- 【Precision】 ① Two synchronized Z-axis stepper motors make leveling easier and improve printing results. ② The stiff metal frame ...
- 【Powerful extruder】 The strong extruder helps to achieve a better printing result. The extruder precisely feeds the material through the solid ...
- 【Two in one device】 ANYCUBIC cleaning & hardening device: Helps to clean and harden print objects, more prints, less effort ....
- 【Easy to use】 Cleaning: 115 * 65 * 165mm. Through hardening: 140 * 165mm. Rotatable hardening platform: 360 ° rotatable during UV exposure the objects ...
- 【16 pcs LED UV lamps】 8 pcs 365nm LED lamps with 8 pcs 405nm lamps. 16 long-life LED lamps are evenly distributed around the resin ...
- High-precision print head: The printer's nozzle uses a professional all-metal nozzle to ensure the best printing temperature and reduce the risk ...
- Fast heating: X1 printers are much easier to use than their printers. It comes with a unique button system that lets you get started, ...
- Quiet printing: The printer moves smoothly during printing and ensures stable printing speed and quality as well as ...
- 【Easy-to-use slicing software】 ELEGOO Mars 3D printer comes with the latest version of CHITUBOX Slicer software, giving you a ...
- 【Saving 3D Printing Materials】 Thanks to the CHITUBOX, you can simply hollow out your models before cutting, which could save you the resin ....
- 【Smart and Convenient】 The 3,5 color touch screen, equipped with the latest ELEGOO CHITUBOX 5.0 system, makes offline printing ...
- [Enhanced Version of Creality Ender 3] - Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL certified power supply that will protect your printer from unexpected ...
- [DIY Semi-finished Kits] - The easy-to-install kit is delivered pre-assembled. You can start immediately with the basic design of ...
- [Power Supply] Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL certified power supply that protects your printer from unexpected power surges and the hotbed ...
- Printing temperature: 230 ℃ -250 ℃
- Filament diameter tolerance +/- 0.02mm
- Weight of the net 1kg PETG 1 spool in vacuum packaging
- 【Quick start】 ANYCUBIC MEGA-X size: 300mm * 300mm * 305mm; Larger construction volume than the I3 Mega S, more space for creativity. Modular ...
- 【Improved precision】 ①Two synchronized Z-axis stepper motors make leveling easier and improve printing results. ②The two Y-axes ...
- 【Powerful extruder】 The strong extruder helps to achieve a better printing result. The extruder precisely feeds the material through the solid ...
- Full color touchscreen: no threshold, that's friendly and easy to use
- Engraving: Very good for engraving objects such as wood, plastic, leather, paper and even for cutting thin materials such as plastic
- Detect filament: If the bobbin runs out during printing, the machine pauses automatically so that you can insert a new bobbin. This is...
- Safety-protected power supply, only requires 5 minutes for the heating bed to reach 110 ° C.
- Easy and quick installation: It comes with several assembled parts, you only need about 30 minutes to assemble well.
- Resume Print: Ender 3 can continue printing even after a power outage or loss.
Did you not find or found the right 3D printer product? Then click here for even more products!
Share the 3D printer contribution.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 25.10.2020/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate Links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible.