Guide: Buy a baby bed
The children's room is set up: cabinets, Toys, changing table, crib, The basics are clear, the cabinets screwed tight, one cozy carpet waiting to be played and crawled on. The room is designed to be suitable for children. This is particularly the case in the first few years Cot (next to the Wickelkommode) is the center of the room. What should parents pay attention to? We have written the right guide for new parents. Here we will look at the different options. The right place for the baby bed, what equipment the baby bed needs, what advantages and disadvantages the different possibilities of the baby beds have.
- Guide: buy a baby bed
Buy baby bed - in comparison
|✓ Give your child a peaceful and helathic sleep: Coconut mat offers a flat, hard, but also elastic support for the body while sleeping, perfect air circulation ...||Essor Montessorii children's bed - a bed that accompanies your children as they grow up and helps them to develop their independence.||Solid wood painted white||The CoZee side bed is suitable for newborns up to 6 months.||💛 SAFETY, the bed has rounded edges that ensure safe use||The ZEHNHASE children's bed is made of environmentally friendly and soothing HDPE + PP material and is characterized by good resistance to cold and heat, durability, environmental protection and cleanliness.||the bed can be converted into a junior bed with a practical separate chest of drawers||Beautiful cot for your little sweetheart with foam mattress MAXI 10 cm high.||Can be used as an extra bed for parents' bed, room bed and children's bed with a fabric wall or with side rails. The adjustable bed can be easily and ...||THE ROBA STUBENBETTEN 'BABYSITTER 4IN1' are practical and versatile companions for the first few months in the lives of our little ones|
|✓ No more worries about the comfort of your sleeping child: polyurethane foam stabilizes the mattress and offers elastic support for the back, so that the child can change its position freely ...||🔝 Highest quality - every wooden bed is unique because it has been handcrafted and hand-sanded with the greatest care.||3 Slip Sticks||It can be used as an extra bed, as a baby bed or as a travel bed. Thanks to a folding mechanism, it is child's play to assemble in just 30 seconds, making it a practical ...||💛 COMPLETE SET, the set includes an 8cm foam mattress with zipper (so the cover can be washed easily), a rollable bed box (ideal for stowing ...||Multifunctional ZEHNHASE children's beds can be used in different modes for different age groups. Offer your baby a suitable entertainment room. You can do it from ...||5 spacious drawers for clothes and toys||Unique design due to its grid side and fronts with a beautiful motif||The bed surface of the room bed 60 x 120 cm can be optimally adjusted to the height of the parent mattress in 6 steps. With the included wheels, it becomes a mobile bassinet or baby bed||THEY ACCOMPANY MOTHER AND CHILD IN THE NIGHT AS AN EXTRA BED next to the parents' bed and during the day as a crib or cradle. Later this convertible item will be used as a bench for the toddler|
|99,00 €||209,99 €||131,99 €||188,42 €||234,99 €||119,99 €||299,99 €||129,97 €||199,90 € statt 329,90 €||215,95 €|
|21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30||21. October 2020 15: 30*Advertising|
Important for the baby bed
With the furnishing of the room the question arises where the right place is for the baby bed. It should be possible to maintain some stability in terms of light and temperature. That means that Cot not directly on one radiator or under one Window should stand. Standing in a corner, the two walls give the baby appropriate "protection".
The room temperature should be between bedtime 16-18 degrees be.
Pillow and blanket ? D rather not. We recommend one for the baby Sleeping bag to buy. Anything that is too much and too soft can be dangerous for your child. Breathing backlogs and overheating may result.
Perhaps it is possible to put the baby bed in the parents' bedroom for the first few months? Then the way is not far if the infant needs to be breastfed at night.
Equipment baby bed
The baby bed itself is ideally made of wood. When buying, make sure that the wood is smooth. The best is a bed without Painting. If the bed is painted, the paint must be saliva resistant. On TÜV certificate signals that all parts of the bed are child-friendly.
The bars are the protection so that your child cannot fall out of bed or roll over. To avoid injury, the bars should be between 4,5 and 6,5 cm be apart. It is advantageous to have 2 - 3 sticks that you can take out of bed later. The child is protected at night, but can independently get out of the bed and back in again.
The mattress must be free of all pollutants. If you have the opportunity, you can do good biological Mattresses for the child to buy. The Mattress should also breathable and not be too soft. Quality Matratzen have air channels. This prevents the baby from overheating; the mattress should be about 10 cm thick and a little firmer on the sides. This prevents rolling around.
Important: The Reference, It should be removable and washable (hot wash). In addition, a material saver that is breathable and waterproof at the same time could prove very helpful.
An adjustable slatted frame is excellent - the baby doesn't care in the first few months, but your back will thank you. When adjusting the slatted frame, make sure that you have at least 30 cm to the top edge of the bars. If your child is older, they must be at least 60 cm so that they are safely stored in their cot.
Mobile, Teddy, Sky, Crib Sheets, There are all sorts of accessories for the baby bed. Here the spirits argue. Some believe that a sky above the bed is a danger, others see it as a comfort factor. The same applies to mobile, teddy and Co.
The fact is: often less is more. And that may also vary from baby to baby. Do not pack the crib too full and see for yourself what your child can most relax with.
There are many baby beds that have roles. This can be practical, maybe you want to take the child with you into the living room or bedroom. If you choose a baby bed with castors, make sure that they are stably mounted and that the brakes are on.-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
Baby bed options
The classic bed is not the only option you have. There are a few very practical alternatives. We have presented the most beautiful ones to you here.
Classic baby bed
The classic baby bed makes the most sense if it simply stays in the children's room. Sure - you can have castors and move the bed from one room to the other. But it is most stable if it stays on site and is an integral part of the room. At the latest, when the child crawls around, hops, wants to move and the bed is only used for sleeping, it can stay there - in the children's room.
Advantages baby bed
✔ In most cases, the slatted frame can be adjusted in height. This protects your back, which can be very accommodating, especially shortly after birth
✔ Some beds also have roles, so you can take your child with you throughout the apartment - and then they can sleep too
✔ The bars can be removed from good models - this creates a separate entrance that the child can manage himself
Disadvantages baby bed
✘ Many baby beds are built to last in the next few years. That makes them very stable but also clunky
✘ New cots can be very expensive
A Baby cradle is, let's be honest: pretty cute. Unfortunately also small, about 80 x 50 cm. So the usable time for your baby is about half a year. It is not very long. But stop, stop: the cradle also has advantages:
Advantages baby cradle
✔ Used as a bassinet, you can rest in the living room and rock and keep the baby in the cradle
✔ Babies often feel particularly good precisely because it is so narrow - this reminds them of the womb
✔ A cradle is small - and there is also space at the dining table or maybe in the bathroom - that could give you 10 minutes more shower time 🙂
Disadvantages baby cradle
✘ New cradles are often expensive
Important is of course also with the baby cradle that you can wash the cover of the mattress properly and that the cradle and mattress are completely free of toxins.
The best and most practical if you have an infant at home is that Rollaway, The parents' bed is actually only enlarged by a little space. This Rollaway can just stay in place. The bed is closed on three sides - only the fourth side is open and you have the baby with you in bed - on the bed. So to speak. It is protected but it is not difficult for you to put on at night. This is also possible in half sleep. In order to avoid drafts, the beds are protected on the three sides.
Advantages Disadvantages extra bed
✔ Right on the bed, without any danger to the baby
✔ No problems with breastfeeding at night and little effort
✔ The baby is always in contact with the parents
✔ The bed hardly takes up any extra space
✔ Some side beds have castors and the third, missing side can be added - this makes the side bed a bassinet
Disadvantages extra bed
✘ Most of the extra beds can only be used as such and cannot be converted into a youth bed
What you should consider when buying a baby bed
A TÜV certificate shows that the baby bed, mattress and accessories are safe. If you opt for 2-1 beds, take a closer look that the models cannot be injured by the interchangeable elements / rails / etc. For reasons of hygiene, the bed should always be easy to clean. Avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning.
- The baby bed should be saliva-proof and
- be pollution-free
- The same applies to the mattress
- Bed base and edge of bed must be 30 cm for infants - 60 cm for large babies
- No hard edges, gaps, sharp or pointed elements
- Stable installation without protruding screws or the like
- Spacing of bars should be between 3,5 and 6,5 cm
- Existing roles must have a brake
- Wood is always preferable to plastic because of its naturalness
- Weighing must be stable
Recommended reading: Baby monitor with camera for safety
Conclusion - buy a baby bed
A cot lives a lot from nothing. Not too much, not too pompous, less is more. So that your child can sleep safely, it is also advisable to have the child close to you for the first few months. Your natural instinct will ensure that at least half of your brain listens at night. The baby relaxes and you don't have to run to another room forever if you need to breastfeed the little one. An extra bed is suitable for this.
Maybe a cradle for the room and for the day? The dwarf's own room only becomes interesting if he can actively perceive his surroundings.
Then an adjustable baby bed is a real help - with bars that you can remove, with the height that can vary.
Speaking of adjusting: Better you put the slatted frame down a few centimeters a little early. If the head can look over the bars, the child can theoretically climb out.-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
Recommended baby bed with grille - Top 10 top seller list
The most popular baby bed with lattice products Baby bed with grille offers with discount to save
- The adjustable cot with three height positions. It can very easily be converted to a junior bed.
- Dent rails for the protection of sensitive baby teeth.
- 6cm foam mattress with luxurious hypoallergenic, antibacterial aloe vera cover. Mattress cover removable and washable.
- Prevents falling out of bed. Suitable for use from 18 months to 5 years
- Compact foldable for easy storage and transport. Length of mobile bed rail: 66 cm
- Bed rail can be folded down, so the child just managed to get into bed and out again
- NIGHT BED: Take your baby to nurse or calm down when it screams. So you can react quickly and ...
- STUB CARTS FOR THE DAY: During the day, simply slide the side rails upwards and have a secure baby cot. Thanks to the wheels you can ...
- FITS STANDARD AND BOXING SPRING BEDS: The reclining height is 5 adjustable. This makes the Vario suitable for parent beds with a mattress height ...
- Cocon side bed by littleworld with three-way height-adjustable floor, castors and fastening straps
- The cot provides plenty of space for the little ones and adapts exactly to the parents' bed
- Breastfeeding mothers can bring their offspring to themselves easily and without having to get up
- Scope of delivery: Additional bed, mattress and cot
- Beistellbett made of solid beech, surface painted white
- Infinitely height-adjustable slatted frame from 26 cm to 52 cm
- Bed screen with folding mechanism for safe sleep of your child and carefree nights of parents
- Overall dimension (W x H x D): approx. 180 x 42 x 2cm; With an extra brace in the middle for even more stability
- Suitable as a grid for beds, family beds, cribs, cots for the home and when traveling
- With this high-quality bedstead, you can customize your child's room to fit perfectly with you and your child.
- The wooden slats of this children's bed are made of 100% solid wood and are particularly child-friendly due to their nature.
- Dimensions: 148 x 125,5 x 76 cm (WxHxD)
- Bed screen with folding mechanism for safe sleep of your child and carefree nights of parents
- Overall dimensions (W x H x D): approx. 180 x 52 x 2 cm; With an extra strut in the middle for even more stability
- Suitable as a grid for beds, family beds, children's beds, baby beds for the home and when traveling. Can be used with box spring beds.
- CONTINUOUSLY ADJUSTABLE IN HEIGHT - Thanks to the high construction and the individual height adjustment, the side bed can be exactly attached to the box spring bed ...
- FLEXIBLE - babybay box spring has a special belt attachment and can be easily and quickly attached to the parents' bed. Because of the ...
- DURABLE & VERSATILE CHANGEABLE - babybay grows with you: You can turn the side bed into a bench or a game table in no time and with ...
- Dimensions: 135 x 50 cm (LxH)
- For secure attachment with fastening straps (between slatted frame and mattress or under the mattress)
- Folding mechanism (completely hinged)
Didn't find or found the right baby crib with mesh product? Then click here for even more products!
Share the baby bed contribution.
* Product images & links lead to Amazon | Source: Amazon | Update: 21.10.2020