Buying Guide: E-Scooter | Electric scooter
- Buying Guide: E-Scooter | Electric scooter
It is not quite there yet, although some of them are already on the road. After seemingly endless debates, the decision was made: The e-scooter or electric scooter is allowed on the street. The companies still have a bit to do (as of August 2019 *). Your models must be approved so that they can be sold. This gives us consumers a little bit of time to deal with the e-scooter and to answer fundamental questions. What is an e-scooter anyway? Are there certain obligations? Do you have to wear a helmet or do things have to be insured? - Adviser: E-scooter
* Changes are reserved *
**Attention! This guide is about an electric scooter. Not an e-scooter / electric moped! These unmistakably have a seat! **
Guide: e-scooter - in comparison
+ Large view comparison +
|MEGAWHEELS Electric Scooter ...||Viron Electric Scooter 700 W ...||CityBlitz E-Scooter Moove, ...||E-Scooter (ABE) with ...||MEGAWHEELS electric scooter, ...||CityBlitz E-Scooter Flash, ...||Electric scooter for ...||KUKUDEL electric scooter ...||Electric scooter for ...||Freego electric scooter with ...|
|◼️ ▲ High-performance motor: The brushless 250 watt motor ...||◼️ Electric scooter - XI-700pro with powerful 700 watts ...||◼️ Tire size: 8 inches||◼️ E-scooter "Futura MF365" from electric scooter Futura with the ...||◼️ N / A||◼️ Tire size: 10 inches||◼️ ★ Road permit: U1 electric scooter ...||◼️ 【Reichweite】 - Der Elektroroller kann über 27 km...||◼️ ☛Road approval: According to the StVZO, the e.Gear ...||◼️ 【APPROVAL】 The E-Scooter from U1 has a general ...|
|◼️ ▲ Large capacity battery: The LG ...||◼️ 36 V Li-Ion battery with 7,8 Ah, ranges up to 30 kilometers||◼️ Permissible weight: 120 kg||◼️ Full performance package: thanks to the 350 watt motor power ...||◼️ N / A||◼️ Permissible weight: 120 kg||◼️ ★ Removable battery and USB charger: The one with the ...||◼️ 【LED headlights and LED brake light】 - Before ...||◼️ ☛ Removable battery: Integrated battery, light ...||◼️ 【Battery】 The new design of the removable ...|
|Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings|
|To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*|
What is an e-scooter?
A scooter is a scooter with a motor. It consists of two tires over which a standing surface is mounted. A handlebar is attached to it, which ends in a handlebar. In addition a brake, the motor and the battery. Basically that's it. The electric scooter is ready. The materials differ slightly and differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Carbon is particularly light and stable. Like one Electric skateboard Also, the material of the tread and the tire may vary.
The range depends on several factors. Your weight, the surface, the incline and what tires you have. The battery also plays a crucial role. More on that later.
|1||M MEGAWHEELS S10 electric scooter 250W adult e-scooter folding scooter with 8,0 "...||179,35€||To offer*|
|2||TREKSTOR e.Gear EG3178 e-scooter street legal (eKFV), 350 W motor, 270 ...||589,99€ 540,00€||To offer*|
|3||Razor Children's Electric Scooter Power Core E90, Green, Not Applicable||150,98€ 149,95€||To offer*|
Statutory regulations Electric scooters
No new idea, without which the legislator prescribes rules. So here too. Even if some things are not clear at the moment, you can get used to a lot.
The most important things you need to know, we have put together here.
If you have an e-scooter | E-scooters with electric drive buy, you do not need a driver's license, as long as he is not faster than 20 km / h moves.
There is also a performance of maximum 500 watts .
At least you have to drive an electric scooter on public roads 14 years his. When you are younger, you are only allowed to ride on private grounds under adult supervision. You should stick to it. Otherwise no insurance is available. Why only 14 years? At that age, you're so far from your development that you can operate the scooter, driving ahead, and the legislature gives you the responsibility to do it. He trusts you that you do not endanger yourself, other people or animals.
You can use it on the bike path, but not on the sidewalk drive, If there is no bike path, you have to go on the road.
A Helmet you do not need by law. We of e-tests, however, urgently recommend one for adolescents and adolescents, Also, savers that protect your joints from complicated injuries.
You also need brakes for your e-scooter, front and rear. The manufacturers will obstruct this. It should definitely be disc brakes. Pay attention to a good braking performance, because you will have to react very quickly.
Light is mandatory, also front and back.
Violations cost you about 20 €.
** This also applies to alcohol! Here applies, as with a driver's license in the first two years, an absolute ban on alcohol. The same applies to you when you are under 21. If you have a driver's license and are out of your probationary period, the upper limit is 0.5 per thousand for you. **
You need one Insurance for your e-scooter, Otherwise you are not allowed on the street with it. If you do it anyway, this offense will be expensive. Fines and driving bans threaten. Your scooter can be retained if necessary. Legally, this simply means driving without insurance cover. The penalties are sensitive.
How expensive is insurance? That's not out yet. Similar to a scooter, the protection should cost 40 - 90 € a year. The small insurance label must also be mounted on the electric scooter.
What else do you need? Many things like lamps and brakes are mandatory. We recommend you for your electric scooter:
- a robust bicycle lock
- ones have a Helmet
- Knee and elbow pads
- LED lighting (which you can easily lose)
- a good bell> electric bell
- Fenders front and rear
And if you have to carry the eRoller times? Then there is a practical carrying handle or a strap. So you can take your vehicle with you into your apartment or on the bus, without it being too cumbersome. Like the bike you can do one Handyhalterung or Cup holder assemble. So you can let it go well on the way to work. Maybe your e-scooter has a porter? Excellent! Because then you can of course attach a bicycle bag or a basket to it. Special, but doable. What you will discover only after the manufacturers and companies have launched their scooters on the market are scooter tires. These have different degrees of hardness and dimensions. For the different surfaces you can now choose. This can have a positive effect on your reach.
And last but not least, something for you, if you like to keep an eye on everything, you can buy a bike computer for your electronic minicar if it is not already pre-assembled. This keeps track of your distance and allows you to see how far your battery will last.
Everything that has been engineered is capable of tuning. It does not matter if it's an e-bike or an e-scooter. The technology is not exhausted by the manufacturer and has to comply with legal requirements. This means that, of course, there will be tuned phrases and also chips and there will be a lot more once the market has been enriched with electric scooters. In that Guide Tuning E-Bikes we have written you everything you need to know about tuning.
What you should pay attention to when buying
What should you pay particular attention to when buying e-scooters? Are there special conditions?
★ If you want to drive your scooter in public space, pay attention to the speed limit and the 500 watt limit
★ Your scooter needs all traffic related gadgets like Bell, light, brakes
★ You absolutely need an insurance
★ Look for the right accessory
★ Also for spare parts such as brakes or tires
★ Pay attention to the manufacturer's information about the load capacity (on average 100 kg)
★ You need high quality material especially in the field and also, if you want to use the e-scooter daily to work
★ Does the battery have an adequate range?
★ How long are the loading times?
★ Can you remove the battery?
★ How heavy is the scooter (maybe you have to carry it around)
Battery electric scooter
Currently, the scooters that are currently on the market, have a range of about 20 km, That's enough maximum 500 W strong electric motor out. The battery works on the power, without making you tired before. The technology is getting better.
Depending on the manufacturer, the loading times will vary. Currently it is about 2-6 hoursuntil the battery is full again. But not only the performance and the battery play a role, but also the technology and the software that detects pitch. The smarter the technology, the more it can adapt to the circumstances.
But: 20 kilometers are already a lot and everything under 10 km is easily accessible with this e-scooter.
Batteries hate stark temperature differences, This is not so dramatic in summer, but already in winter. It may be that your battery in the cold season just makes you tired. If possible, take him to the apartment and never let him stand in the frost, When you charge it, take it from the stream. That's how he is not under continuous load and lasts longer. If possible, always leave it Run completely empty and then fully recharge it in one go, Leave yours Battery at high temperatures not in the sun otherwise it threatens overheating.
Advantages and disadvantages
And? Did the electric scooter convince you? Here we have the advantages and disadvantages summed up. Maybe this list will help you make a decision.
Advantages of electric scooters
â € œYou can already m the scooterdrive it 14 years ago, This allows you a self-drive to school or to your friends
â € œYou need no driver's license, just a cheap insurance
â € œThe Range up to 20 km allows you to work most of the time
"You can with the Scooters ride on bike paths
â € œThat is safer, in the city
âœ "The battery is recharged quickly
"Essential cheaper than a car
âœ~ Less useful in winter, as you do not have weather protection
âœ~ 20 km can sometimes be too short range
â~~ Not suitable for very stable people
âœ~ You have to make the scooter roadworthy
Order, apply for insurance, affix badge and go. An electric scooter will soon be on the streets and will bring some benefits, at least in the city. You should let tunes be. You donâ € ™ t need a helmet or any other escortsâ € "we would recommend them. ein accident with 20 km / h or below can transport you to hospital. Pay attention to the things that are defined in the legislation and Buy an e-scooter that is suitable for traffic, Then you will enjoy a high quality device.
We wish you a safe journey!.
Recommended e-scooter - Top 10 top seller list
The most popular e-scooter products e-scooter offers with a discount to save
- E-scooter with road approval (ABE) for use on public roads
- Maximum speed of 20km / h
- 275Wh lithium-ion battery with a long range of up to 30km (depending on road conditions, body size & ...
- Portable folding design - Weighs only 11 kg, is easy to store or carry by hand, up to 120 kg load capacity, ...
- Lighting system - function LCD screen + LED light for front lighting with high brightness + rear lights with ...
- Max. Mileage: 30 km (depending on road and driver weight), 3-speed operating mode (15 km / h, 25 km / h, 30 km / h), ...
- E-scooter with road approval (ABE) for use on public roads
- Maximum speed of 20km / h
- 474Wh lithium ion battery with ultra long range of up to 45km (depending on road conditions, body size & ...
- [MAGNIFICATION POWER] - The 350 W motor integrated in the scooter gives the electric scooter enough power so that you can ...
- [PORTABLE FOLDABLE DESIGN] - As a portable scooter, it is foldable and ultra-light. The storage is at home or at ...
- [APP FUNCTION] - Download APP with the QR code in the user manual and you can use Bluetooth to ...
- E-scooter WITHOUT street approval (ABE) for exclusive use on private property
- Maximum speed of 25km / h
- 280Wh lithium-ion battery with a long range of up to 30km (depending on road conditions, body size & ...
- Particularly high quality scooter scooter made of high quality aluminum (made of cast PU, 87 A ball bearing ABEC 5, chrome)
- High driving pleasure thanks to low-lying running board & slim, fast 205 BigWheel wheels
- Easily foldable, height-adjustable handlebars from 79 to 104 cm and adjustable shoulder strap
- ★ Lightweight and Foldable: 24 pounds light for max. Load on 265lb. With folding buttons you can use this scooter in just two ...
- ★ Solid Tires: Ride comfortably and safely for long periods of time with 8,5 inch non-slip solid rubber tires, providing a ...
- ★ LCD display: shows speed, battery condition and trigger distance. And turn on the horn, headlights and ...
- 【Solid tires】 This solid scooter tire is suitable for replacing the front and rear wheels 8 1 1 / 2x2 (8,5 ...
- 【High quality soft rubber - high elasticity】: Mini tire changes are made of high quality, soft natural rubber and ...
- 【Strength and durability】 The inside of the massive wheel is designed with honeycomb ventilation. This MINICOO tire is ...
- Electric scooter - "VIRON" with powerful 800 Watt electric motor
- 36 Volt battery pack with 12 Ah, reaches up to 20 kilometers
- Full suspension - Front fork and two rear shocks
- Main parameters - castors: 100mm diameter, 5K PU, core material aluminum / ABEC 7 ball bearings / 50cm steel handlebar / TPR ...
- Steel tube thickness: 1,8mm. The reinforced material is rotatable handlebar - Steel Y handlebar, width: 50cm height: 60cm diameter: ...
- Integrated headset - headset integrated directly into the deck. More stable and reliable than a screwed headset. The...
Not found the right e-scooter product or been there? Then click here for even more products!
Share the e-scooter article.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 24.11.2020/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate Links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible.