The Koenig KB20 ice cube machine automatically delivers ice cubes for the home. The machine creates ice cubes with a daily capacity of up to 12 kg. The ice cubes are in one 10-13 minute cycle produced, which means that ice cubes of different sizes are available at any time. With this ice cube machine, there should be more space in the ice compartment, as the device can be stored externally. The practical design means that you can always see how much ice has already been produced.
Koenig ice cube machine KB20 in comparison
Technical data: Koenig ice cube machine KB20
- Item dimensions: 24 36 x x 32 cm
- Product weight: 10 kg
- Performance: 120 watts
- water tank: 2,1 liter
- capacity: 12 kg
- Production time: 10-13 minutes
- Material: stainless steel
Impression | Installation | Koenig ice cube machine KB20
The Koenig KB20 ice cube machine makes one chic, stable impression. It is actually bigger than I initially expected. Unpacked, you only find the device itself and the instructions for it. The first thing I did was look for a place where the ice machine could be placed without it looking too bulky and without taking up too much space.
Consequently, the ice machine due to the coolant for a day without electricity stand still. The instructions prescribe that the device should now also be thoroughly cleaned because ice cubes are luxury foods and logically must be free of dirt. The corresponding container can now be filled with water. There is a limit that should not be exceeded.
A small ice scoop is included in the scope of delivery for the ice cubes.
So far I can judge the first steps to be very easy, but now I'm curious to see how the ice cubes will be produced. I am particularly interested in how fast production really is and how the noise level expresses itself in everyday life.
Pictures | Koenig ice cube machine KB20
First use of the Koenig KB20 ice cube machine
Operation seems to be very simple thanks to a digital display and limitation to just two buttons. I find them Clarity very well succeededn.
In view of the fact that the machine is only supposed to produce ice cubes, I rate the operation as particularly simple and understandable compared to other models (Media Markt, Aldi, Lidl, Klarstein).
Before the first test, the manufacturer clearly states that the Koenig KB20 ice cube machine only with tap water may be operated. Other liquids, such as Coca-Cola, would cause the machine to malfunction.
I had to quickly find out that with initial production no "quick" ice cubes be available. After I have switched on the device, the first thing you can hear is the compressor, which at first but quite loud sounds. I have the machine in the utility room, so I don't care about the noise level. But I can imagine that the volume of production in the kitchen can be disturbing.
The manufacturer Koenig himself states that after about 10-13 minutes the first ice throwsl be produced. After this given time, I could only see minimal ice development. The first ice cubes were actually used for the first time ready after about 60 minutes and were deposited in the designated ice cube tray.
It took about 75 minutes to fill the first glass with ice cubes. However, if a certain "ice level" is reached (for me this was after the 75 minutes mentioned), the production is much faster, so that actually one ice cube per cooling stick every 10 minutes (there are 5 of them available). Are resulting 5 ice cubes per 10 minutes available.
An integrated Water level indicator serves as a visual aid and gives an overview of the remaining water. I think this function is great because you can see the water level without opening the device. The finished ice cream can be removed at any time using the ice tray.
In my test, the Koenig KB20 ice cube machine did a good job, if you have a little patience.
Cleaning | Koenig ice cube machine KB20
The KB20 ice cube machine can be cleaned easily when it is switched off and disconnected from the electricity. I roughly cleaned the machine when it was frozen and thoroughly cleaned when it was defrosted.
The resulting condensation is usually deposited in the ice collecting tray and can therefore be conveniently disposed of.
I also have the machine inside disinfected regularly. This is not necessary, however, as the housing is self-contained and dirt usually cannot penetrate. However, since it is still a luxury food, the manufacturer recommends regular cleaning.
- Planned ice available
- continuous production
- more space in the freezer
- Easy to use
- ideal for celebrations
- increased noise level
- lengthy initial production of ice cream
- increased price segment
Tips for the Koenig ice cube machine KB20
The production of ice cubes is real a bit louder, I expected. It therefore makes sense not to place the device directly in the kitchen.
My test has shown that it takes a long time for the first ice cubes. So if a larger amount is needed, the device makes sense earlyat least two hours in advance. Continuous production is then up-to-date.
Since ice cubes are a luxury item, regular cleaning is definitely a good idea.
Conclusion: Koenig ice cube machine KB20
The Koenig KB20 ice cube machine offers the comfort of having a large number of ice cubes continuously available on a regular basis. Apart from the higher price segment and the increased production volume in some cases, the device offers absolute convenience, simple operation and a permanent supply of ice cubes. The device passed my test and it is highly recommended.
The device is currently available in stores for 139,90 euros and is a very helpful gadget for celebrations and larger events.
Recommended reading: You can choose which ice machine to make your own ice cream here .
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling ice cube machine products 2023 on Honest Tests
- The COCA-COLA ICE CUBE machine is stylish and portable. This combines the classic look of your favorite beverage with the functionality...
- The practical ice cube maker is easy to use. An extra water supply line is also not required
- Simply fill the water tank with water and you will soon have ice cubes for your drink of choice. The device is very space-saving...
- 【EFFICIENT ICE MAKING】 Ice cube machine can make 6 ice cubes in just 13-9 minutes and produce 12 kg of ice cubes every day, ...
- 【AUTOMATIC CLEANING FUNCTION】Ice machine has an automatic cleaning function. Turn on the ice machine...
- 【COMPACT DESIGN】 Small household ice cube machine test winner, which is suitable for placement on most countertops and ...
- ❄ COMPACT ICE MACHINE AND WIDE APPLICATIONS: FREE VILLAGE portable ice machine has wide applications with compact size 31.3 (D) * 22.2 ...
- ❄ FAST ICE IN 6-10 MINUTES: The FREE VILLAGE quick ice maker machine works quickly, only 6-10 minutes, to make 9 pieces of spherical ...
- ❄ TWO SIZES OF HEALTHY ICE: FREE VILLAGE ice cube makers can make two sizes of spherical ice cubes (small & large) ...
- 💙Easy to use: put water in the 2.2 L ice cube machine, press the switch, select the size and then start production...
- 💙2 sizes to choose from: the thickness of the ice cubes varies depending on the size you choose, it takes a while for the shape of the ice cubes...
- 💙Transparent observation window: You can follow the production progress at any time. When the ice cubes are made,...
- Ice cube maker for approx. 12 kg ice cubes of different sizes in 24 hours, with 2,2 liter water tank, viewing window and indicator lights,...
- For quick cooling: Make ice cubes spontaneously for your next party and enjoy the first results after ten...
- The right ice cubes for every drink: With the MEDION ice cube maker, you can choose from two different ice cube sizes depending on the glass and ...
- Daily production capacity: 12 kg
- Water bowl capacity: 2L
- Production cycle: 6 to 13 minutes
- HAVE AN ICE DAY: This ice cube maker can make large, medium and small ice cubes to complete a drink. Our...
- ICE IN A FEW MINUTES: Our small ice cube maker works so quickly that you can hardly keep up with drinking. Simply fill in water...
- 12 KILO ICE PER DAY: In about a day, our small ice cube machine easily creates 12 kg of ice cubes. Thanks to the spacious water tank with...
- EUHOMY Mini Ice Cube Maker: This 24cm(D) x 32cm(W) x 32cm(H) small ice maker can produce about 12kg of ice per day. In just 8 minutes...
- CARTRIDGE-SHAPED ICE: Through the transparent window you can see the process of ice making for clear ice cubes in the ice cube machine ...
- CONTROL PANEL: Euhomys ice cube maker has two optional ice cube sizes, so you can choose between different sizes of ice cubes according to ...
- DIY torches | Do it yourself torches | OIL or Wax?
- Tested: Green Tea Lavender | Eau de Toilette Spray | Elizabeth Arden
- Test: best thermal container for food? | warm meals for on the go
- Electric Japanese Teppanyaki griddle for roasting and grilling
- Test: cocoa with caffeine? Koawach brings the caffeinated cocoa in the morning
- Test: love balls with remote control - Vibroei with remote control
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 11.12.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs