The 5 in 1 Abox laminator OL381, has various built-in functions. The device also serves as a paper cutter, ruler, corner rounder and already has 16 laminating foils in the set when you buy it. After only 3 to 5 minutes of preheating, lamination should be possible for 30 minutes at a time. Due to the flexible application possibilities and the fast lamination, the laminating device should be ideally suited for school and office use.
Laminator in comparison
First impression | Handling
The first impression is very handy. The interface seems to be clear and limited to the minimum that is needed. With the dimensions of approx. 43 x 15 x 8 cm, this is a comfortable size to be able to stow it in the closet. What is immediately noticeable at the beginning is that the laminator is very versatile at a hunt.
For example, a paper cutter and ruler are integrated with which the foils or paper can be cut directly to size. I used to do this process afterwards with a pair of scissors. The OL381 therefore does some work for me.
But what interests me first is what the device does better than for € 54,99 other, cheaper models.
According to the operating instructions, the device has a 2-roller system, which is an amazing one Lamination speed of 250 mm per minute and a qualitative good lamination results guaranteed.
To start up, the device is first switched on. Attention: This gets very hot very quickly, the housing can also get very warm. You can now select which mode is to be used. A decision can be made between the Cold and warm mode. In my case, the first thing I'm interested in is the hot mode. To do this, you have to wait 3-4 minutes until the device is hot. This is done by LED
displayed. Now the film can be pushed in along the edge, the pulling in then works automatically. Once the document is fully laminated, it can now be pulled out and cut if desired.
The Laminating temperature is up to 135 degrees.
The laminator can basically be used for cold and warm lamination. With warm lamination, it takes about 3 minutes until the device is ready for use at a hunt.
With a maximum laminating width of 330mm, the ABOX OL381 Laminator enables the overlaying of other documents of other sizes such as postcards, business cards, photos and posters. The Abox laminator OL381 can therefore laminate different sizes. These include the following sizes: A3, A4, A5 and A7.
As already mentioned above, the laminator also has a Cutting function. With this, the foils can be cut directly to the required size. The so-called is also integrated Corner rounder, with which the partly sharp corners of the finished laminated foils are rounded off. This minimizes the risk of injury, especially with children, if the films are also used in schools.
What has worked very well is the safe one Use without paper jam. The integrated cutter with lockable design prevents children from injuring themselves and enables 8 A3 sheets to be cut at the same time. All you have to do is press the ABS button if the paper is not inserted correctly or is jammed to eject and protect the documents at the touch of a button.
The first use | Quality assessment
For my first test, I laminated a classic document in A4 format. As already mentioned, the device was ready for use after a short warm-up phase. During the lamination process, I was very pleased with how quickly the lamination went. The 2-roller system guarantees an astonishing lamination speed of 250 mm per minute.
I also felt the first lamination was sehr einfach. The device is absolute self explanatoryif you already have previous knowledge. Alternatively, the instructions can be used as an aid.
That is definitely worth mentioning Heating system for removing bubbles. The thermal conductivity tube made of pure aluminum ensures that the laminating materials are heated evenly and effectively prevents the formation of bubbles and wrinkles.
Overall, the Abox laminator OL381 absolutely convinced me, even if it was Price a bit high is located. The lamination is done in a quiet way, which impressed me.
Video | Abox laminator OL381
Advantages and disadvantages Abox laminator OL381
- Fast lamination
- Very quiet
- Protection against injuries
- No bubbles
- High price segment
Conclusion: Abox laminator OL381
My conclusion on the test of the Abox laminator OL381 is definitely positive. Handling and lamination is easy and quiet. At first I smiled at the integrated tools, such as paper cutters and corner rounders, but I use them quite regularly. The lamination is very quick and the warm-up phase takes on average, like other models (Lidl, Real).
The price is a bit high at € 54,99, even if the overall result is very well processed. The case is heat-resistant and protection against injuries has also been considered.
So if you are looking for a reliable and well-working laminator, you will do everything right with this model.
Recommended reading: E-scooter guide here!
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling laminator products 2023 on Honest Tests
- High security: automatic switch-off in case of overheating
- Fast problem solving with jam release lever
- Product Details: Power supply
- 【0-second quick warm-up laminator】 BONSEN 0-second warm-up inlet size is 230mm laminator, it has a ...
- 【4-in-1 laminating machine kit】 The laminating machine kit contains 1 thermal laminator, 50 laminating pouches (A4 pockets), 1 corner rounder and 1 ...
- 【ABS Anti-Jam Function】This A4 thermal laminator is equipped with a quick release button, the "ABS" button. Press at...
- User-friendly model that is easy to use and maintain
- Compact size for easy storage
- Feed width of the laminator 230 mm - laminates documents up to A4 format
- A4 laminator with laminating films: The laminating set for A4, A5, A6 or smaller, laminated to protect against dirt, moisture and wear
- Laminating device: The A4 foiling device is a small laminating device and a quick laminating device that is practical, especially for hot lamination for...
- Laminator A4: The laminator DIN A4 with cold lamination for temporary protection and removability of the film, the laminator with...
- Unique, improved design: The compact, lightweight and portable starter set contains a laminator and 10 laminating sleeves (5*A5, ...
- Two Roll Hot and Cold Lamination System: Hot lamination is ideal for adding a professional finish to general documents and...
- Fast laminating: The 2-roller system with its quick warm-up time of 1-2 minutes and a laminating speed of 320 mm/min...
- Olympia Laminator A 230 Plus: hot and cold laminating. Formats up to A4 possible. Compact, modern design. Jam release button....
- Warm-up time: 2 minutes. Lamination speed: 400 mm/min. Foil thickness: 75-125 microns. High quality heating system prevents blistering
- Corner Rounder: Evenly round the corners of documents, photos, images, etc.
- 📺 [Multi-Platform Compatible]: Wireless headphones for watching TV with wider compatibility. Equipped with 3 universal...
- 🎧 [2-in-1 Wireless TV Headphones]: These wireless headphones for TVs with Bluetooth 5.0 transmitters work great together...
- ✐ [BT 5.0 with wireless charging station]: The Bluetooth transmitter of the wireless TV headphones can also be used as a wireless charging station....
- Laminator with foils: The scope of delivery not only includes the laminator, but also a cutting board with ruler/angle function, ...
- Laminator a4 is very handy and compact. A switch can be used to switch between hot and cold lamination. It is very...
- Laminator a4 test winner is equipped with a protractor. It also cuts very well. With one cut two were on top of each other...
- 【Fast preheating and laminator】 The laminating films only need 3 minutes to preheat, then the laminator can be used all day with ...
- 【Hot and Cold Press Laminator】 This laminating machine supports two ways of laminating, thermal and cold mode. She...
- 【Wide inlet sizes and portable design】 Thanks to its compact size and its ultra-light quality north of the portable ...
- Test: Makita DF330DWE cordless drill
- Test: Philips Avent Baby Monitor SCD503 | many functions
- Portable air purifier with rechargeable battery + washable air filter | Against dust and pollen for clean indoor air
- Test: Bosch robot lawn mower Indego S + 350 with app | How good is the robotic lawnmower?
- Test: TP-Link TL-WA860RE WLAN repeater with socket
- Test: Inkbird vacuum sealer - film sealing device for dry and moist food
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 11.12.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs