Absorber cool box - what is it?
If you are looking for a suitable cool box, the range on the market can sometimes be overwhelming. There are now many different types and models of cool boxes to buy. In order to find the right model for yourself, it is important to be well informed and to compare. A particularly flexible cool box is the so-called absorber cool box. But what exactly is an absorber cool box?
|✅ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄 𝐊Ü𝐇𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐆: Thanks to modern compressor technology, the box reaches temperatures of up to -22°C.||Two cooling systems: compressor and thermoelectric||Absolutely noiseless operation||Cooling up to 30 ° C below ambient temperature||Net capacity: 39 liter||Cools up to 20 °C below outside temperature.Input frequency 50/60 Hz|
|✅ 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐍𝐆: Operation is possible via 12, 24 or 230V at home or on the go in the car.||Electric cool box for 12 V DC / 230 V AC||With integrated receptacle for a gas cartridge||Can be operated with gas, 12 V direct current and 230 V alternating current - guaranteed energy supply for maximum freedom!||Cool to 20 ° C below ambient temperature||Mini fridge for car, office, home and garden, sturdy, unbreakable aluminum housing|
|479,00 €||N/A||224,00 €||279,99 €||274,00 €||79,30 €||134,80 €|
|10. December 2023 19: 05||10. December 2023 19: 05||10. December 2023 19: 05||10. December 2023 19: 05||10. December 2023 19: 05||11. December 2023 15: 07||11. December 2023 15: 07*Advertising|
This type of cool box can run on both electricity and gas. It is particularly quiet and is suitable for connection to a 230 volt socket. Since it is also equipped with a 12/24 volt connection, it can also be operated in a vehicle. Therefore, it is particularly suitable for campers or caravan vacationers.
How does the cool box work?
The cool box consists of four main components:
1. the expeller
2. the absorber
3. the evaporator
4. the capacitor
The principle is similar to a cool box equipped with a compressor. However, the cooling in an absorber cool box is not done by an electronically operated compressor, but the cold is generated thermally. This is called a so-called "two-component system", which consists of a refrigerant and a solvent. Here, one liquid is finally absorbed by another liquid and then separated from one another again.
The way it works is that the solvent and refrigerant are heated in the expeller and thus separated from each other. The resulting ammonia vapor reaches the separator and is freed from the remaining solvent by the condensation there.
The vapor of the refrigerant is now cooled in the condenser. This is done by releasing the heat to the heating water. The steam liquefies. Inside the cool box there is a throttle, which ensures that the liquid refrigerant is slowed down. This leads to a reduction in pressure and temperature.
The refrigerant then reaches the evaporator. There it evaporates because air and water are supplied to it and the cooling effect occurs.
The solvent pump then returns the solution to the expeller and the cycle starts all over again.
⇒ MORE ON THE TOPIC
- Carpet sweeper ⇒ Carpet sweeper without electricity
- Immersion heater ⇒ Immersion heater from 350 watts
- Electric grill ⇒ Electric grill for balcony and garden
Difference to other cool boxes
The biggest difference is that an absorber cooler can be operated not only with electricity, but also with gas. Furthermore, you can connect them in a vehicle, which is important for a camping or caravan vacation. The way they work also differs from conventional cool boxes, as the cold is generated thermally. The dual-fuel system means that no electric compressor is required. Another advantageous difference is that an absorber cool box makes almost no noise.
Advantages of an absorber cool box
Since this cool box does not require a compressor or a pump, it is maintenance-free. It regulates itself and therefore works almost without any disturbing noises. When used on vacation, this is particularly beneficial when it is supposed to run overnight. It is also very practical that you do not need a power connection. All that is needed is sufficient gas or solar energy. This makes it particularly beneficial when the outside temperature is high, as the box uses this heat to heat the system.
What do you have to consider when buying?
If you decide to buy an absorber cool box, you should think about the filling volume you need. The boxes can be bought with three different connections for the gas cartridge. There are cool boxes with piercing cartridges, with screw valve cartridges and with bayonet valve cartridges. Depending on the vehicle and location or occasion of use, you have to choose the most suitable version for yourself.
Find in the top 🔟 the best & best-selling absorber cool box products 2023 on honest tests
- Silent absorber cool box for car, socket and gas connection (50 mbar)
- Absorber box 12 Volt, 230 Volt and gas 50 mbar
- Robust housing and functional design; Truck and outlet
- Cooling up to 30 ° C below ambient temperature
- Can be operated with gas, 12 V direct current and 230 V alternating current - guaranteed energy supply for maximum freedom!
- Absolutely quiet operation avoids any noise nuisance
- 23 Qt storage: This portable refrigerator with a capacity of 22 L / 23 Qt is large enough to store 32 cans of coke (330 ml / 11,1 ...
- Efficient Cooling: With compressor cooling technology, this 12v car freezer could achieve fast cooling from -20℃-20℃/-4℉...
- Perfect Structure: Our car refrigerator is designed with animated details. The digital display can adjust the temperature;...
- POWERFUL COOL BOX: With our app-controllable ICEBOX 40 you get a mobile compressor cool and freezer box with enormous ...
- FLEXIBLE COOLING MODES: You can easily set the various cooling modes on the LC display; the MAX mode enables a particularly fast...
- COOL BEVERAGES AND FOOD: Thanks to the generous temperature range from -20 to +20°, you can ...
- Independence: the cool box can be operated with gas, 12 V direct current and 230 V alternating current - guaranteed energy supply for maximum ...
- Plenty of space for cold drinks: it holds, for example, 53 cans or eight upright 1,5 liter bottles and cools down to 30 °C below...
- No noise pollution: the stylish mini fridge runs absolutely silently and can even be placed in the bedroom!
- Two cooling systems: compressor and thermoelectric
- Electric cool box for 12 V DC / 230 V AC
- Cooling and freezing from +10 ° C to -15 ° C
- COOLING AND FREEZING: Excellent cooling results even at extremely high outside temperatures, adjustable from +10 °C to -18 °C
- BATTERY PROTECTION: The three-stage battery monitor prevents your vehicle battery from discharging
- SPACIOUS: 18 liters of useful capacity offers space for 1,5 liter bottles standing upright
- 70L capacity: 17 (11+6) traditional 1,5L bottles or 100 cans (60+40; 330mL)
- Two storage compartments with independent temperature control
- Trouble-free temperature setting between +20 °C and -18 °C
- ❄【Single Zone Fridge】Single zone design, the capacity is 20 liters. You can buy drinks, meat, baby food and...
- ❄【Fast Cooling】Compressor cool box cools in the range of +20 to -20 degrees Celsius. In summer, you can quickly switch to the desired...
- ❄【Automotive voltage protection system】 If the output voltage is not sufficient, the refrigerator will automatically close to ...
- Holds a complete beverage crate (30 x 40 x 32 cm)
- Electric cool box for 12 V DC in the car and 230 V AC socket
- 2 sturdy wheels, fold-out handle for easy transport, removable grille
- Test: Tefal OptiGrill + | Contact grill
- Test: Stihl hedge trimmer HS 45
- Test: Bosch scarifier UniversalVerticut 1100 | Scarify the lawn perfectly
- Test: Kärcher high-pressure cleaner K3 | Premium Power Control
- Test: Philips Avent Baby Monitor SCD503 | many functions
- Test: ENDERS radiant heater | Gas heater for warmth in the garden
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 11.12.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs