Guide: Bike carrier for car
- Guide: Bike carrier for car
- Bicycle carriers for cars - in comparison
- Possibilities to transport the bicycle
- E-bike bike carrier
- General information and regulations
- What you should consider when buying a bike rack
- Advantages and disadvantages Bike carrier for car
- Conclusion - bike rack for car
- Recommended bike racks for car - top 10 top seller list
- Bicycle rack car - buying guide
Always driving the same routes is boring in the long run. Also, if you have one trainers owns. Your bike must be with you if you want to explore new routes by car. But how do you do that best? Pushing the wheel comfortably into the car rarely succeeds. It is also not safe to drive and if the bike slides back and forth ... No, another solution has to be found. A right. Ergo. You need a bike rack. Just which one? You have several options. You can put your bike on the roof, at the rear, on the Trailer hitch, transport in the interior or on the drawbar. What's with e-bikes? Are there special conditions?
In this guide you will learn everything you need to know. - Bicycle rack for your car Top 10
Bicycle carriers for cars - in comparison
+ Large view comparison +
|Thule 924001 bike rack ...||Atera 022686 bike rack ...||Thule 915020 915 EuroPower XNUMX ...||EUFAB 11523 rear carrier ...||FISCHER 18092 roof lift ...||MENABO 000039200000 Logic 3 ...||Bike carrier tailgate for ...||Witter Towbars ZX202EU ...||MENABO Race 3 rear rack ...||Atera 022701 bike rack ...|
|◼️ Max. Number of bicycles 2, max. Weight per bicycle 25 kg||◼️ Comfort carrier made of steel / aluminum for 2 bicycles, ...||◼️ Convenient charging of bicycles using removable ...||◼️ Suitable for vehicles with extremely large ...||◼️ horizontal transport of the bicycles||◼️ Max. Load: 45 kg, max. Weight per bike: 15 kg||◼️ N / A||◼️ Easy handling: The low mounting height of the Universal ...||◼️ A triple carrier is supplied to transport up to ...||◼️ Rear rack made of steel / aluminum in a modern design for ...|
|◼️ Max. Load 46 kg||◼️ Carrier weight only 14,9 kg, payload up to 60 kg||◼️ High loading capacity (2 x 30 kg) for the transport of ...||◼️ E-bike suitable for a max. Payload of 60kg||◼️ suitable for all types of frames including oversize and Y-frames||◼️ Bicycles can be easily positioned in the rails, ...||◼️ N / A||◼️ Thanks to the built-in gripper, any ...||◼️ incl. 3 bike racks, with EEC approval,||◼️ Carrier weight 19,8 kg, high payload up to 66 kg|
|Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings|
|To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*|
Possibilities to transport the bicycle
You have five different options available. All have their advantages and disadvantages, which we briefly list at every opportunity. Which option is "yours" depends a bit on which bike you have and how much space your car has.
Bicycle rack on the roof
A roof rail has many cars and you can easily screw on a bike rack. If your car does not have a rail, then there is a base carrier that you could mount before, The advantage: if you own this basic carrier, you could not only get your bikes, but also Roof transport boxes attach to it. Depending on which adventure you want to go to. The straps are made of lightweight and durable material and distribute the weight on the roof very well.
** The manufacturer specifies a maximum load, please do not exceed this **
The wheels actually travel quite well on the roof. The difficulty for many people is getting the wheels on the roof, holding them and fixing them at the same time. It is best if you are with two.
In underground garages you could also get problems with the height.
With the roof rack you have two options: Either you use a two-point system or a three-point system. In which Two-point system The front wheel must be dismantled and stowed in the car. Advantage: the overall height is lower and the additional fuel consumption drops a bit. That's at the Three-point system the entire wheel is on the roof and is firmly installed. Here you do not need to disassemble anything, but have a higher height - and accordingly a little more consumption.
Advantages Bicycle roof rack
✔ You can use the whole car with its interior
✔ This works for almost every car
✔ Good security
✔ Roof bike carriers are relatively cheap
✔ The dirt from the bike stays outside
Disadvantages bicycle roof rack
✘ You have to balance the wheels on the roof
✘ Underground garages borderline or not passable
✘ Vehicles depend on the car
✘ Increased fuel consumption
✘ Changed driving behavior (especially in wind or after overtaking a truck)
✘ High wind noise
Bicycle carrier at the rear
A Bike carrier at the rear of your car attaching is another way to transport your bike. That is suitable especially good for mini vans or vans. The carrier is mounted by means of tensioning device and hinged holders on the trunk lid and body. This can be a bit complicated and carries the risk of paint damage. The tailgate is synonymous for the first time so not to use.
Advantages bicycle rear carrier
✔ Great if you do not have a trailer hitch
✔ You have no problems with underground garages
✔ Less weight in handling
✔ Not too high additional fuel consumption
Disadvantages bicycle rear carrier
✘ Depending on the vehicle, your view is restricted
✘ Can cause high wind noise
✘ Your vehicle is getting longer - do not forget that if you have to drive backwards!
Bicycle rack on the trailer hitch
To transport a bicycle on the trailer hitch is still the best and most stable. These bike carriers can also be folded down when you have to go to the trunk. Good carriers are higher in the price range. They are made of good and light material and are of high quality. But what you need for these bike carriers is a license plate. You can just do that at your local traffic office.
Always make sure that the technology works. The load capacity of your ball head is just as crucial. This type of variant is particularly suitable for e-bikes, as they are heavier like normal bikes.
Advantages bike carrier AHK
✔ A safe and good option, best suited for the e-bike
✔ Fast and easy installation
✔ Bike carrier can be folded easily
✔ The bike carrier can carry a lot in relation
✔ Little extra consumption
✔ Easy loading
✔ Some carriers are also collapsible and can be transported in the trunk
Disadvantages bike carrier AHK
✘ You need a third license plate
✘ These bike carriers are relatively expensive
✘ You have a long overhang
✘ For longer trips, your bike is pretty eingesaut
Bicycle rack on the drawbar
This option is wonderful if you have a drawbar. Then you can attach a bike rack and you can make the most of the space. Once installed, it can basically stay there - unless you have to go to the service door of your caravan. But there are already drawbar carriers that you can fold down.
The drawbar carrier is also not in the way when steering. And you always have your bikes in view through the rear-view mirror.
Advantages bike carrier drawbar
✔ You do not need extra space but use the one that already exists and is "dead"
✔ The carriers are available from as little as 100 €
✔ You always have your bikes in view
✔ Also for E-Bikes suitable
✔ The carrier does not prevent you from steering
Disadvantages bike carrier drawbar
✘ You do not automatically come to the service cover of your caravan, but you can buy a carrier that you can fold down
✘ With very tight bends, it could be tight with the wheels
Transport in the interior
If you do not want to turn your bike under the weather, you'll probably have to stash it inside the car. With very few wheels, you will need to disassemble the front wheel in most cases and maybe even lower the saddle to the lowest position. So that the wheel is also solid in the interior, there are various mounting systems that you can attach between the rear seat. Now the fork of your bike is fixed in it and the rest of the bike is attached. Nothing can slip.
A big advantage: your bike is protected from theft, does not get dirty and you always have it with you.
✔ The dimensions of your car do not change
✔ You have no higher fuel consumption
✔ Your bike will not get dirty
✔ Your bike is already well protected against theft
Kaum You have barely room for luggage or people
✘ You have to disassemble your bike
✘ You may have the dirt in the car
E-bike bike carrier
What do you have to pay attention to with your e-bike? In our Guide for e-bikes we have written you the necessary basic knowledge about the joint-saving bicycle. E-bikes are heavier than normal bikes. Your mountain bike or your racing bike made of carbon, you can easily strap on a roof rack. This is even more difficult with an e-bike, even if that would be possible in principle. The best way to do it is to use a carrier for your trailer hitch. There are also special ramps, which makes it easier for you to fix the bike.
You can Save weight when you take the battery out of your e-bike, Maybe you should do that anyway. In the car is better off. And at the same time protected against theft.
Pay attention to the weight! Two e-bikes on a trailer hitch are possible.
If your ebike is extra wide, has bulky handlebars, then better buy a carrier that's geared for three bikes. This may save you a lot of fumbling.
General information and regulations
What should you pay attention to?
- Always keep in mind the specified axle load - of everything that is loaded - carrier as well as AHK or roof
- If you have a Fatbike or a voluminous bike, make sure that you have separate and therefore larger adjustment possibilities for the tires or the fixations to secure your bike well
- With some carriers you can have a say in the distance between rails
- If you have a delicate bike, there are schooners to buy that protect your bike at the fixation points
- There are pockets where you can put your disassembled front wheel to protect your car
- Remove small parts and battery before driving so far that nothing can be lost
- No matter which carrier system you choose, you should drive a maximum of 130 km / h
- Note the changed driving behavior of your car, especially in windy or tight corners
- On the sides, the wheel and / or the carrier may not exceed a maximum of 20 cm
- The manufacturers have come up with some ideas against theft. Some porters have locks, you can also buy these locks extra. Also cable tie-like are possible
What you should consider when buying a bike rack
No matter which system you choose, you should pay attention to a few things before buying:
- Buy a carrier that has the lowest possible weight
- Buy one that is of high quality and also has a quality seal
- The wearer must have no sharp edges or protruding screws
- How do you store the carrier when you do not need it?
- Can you fix your bike alone if necessary?
Advantages and disadvantages Bike carrier for car
You don't have that many options if you want to transport your bike safely and neatly from A to B. Unless you just throw it on the platform 🙂 - please do not forget your tension belt. We have already listed the individual advantages and disadvantages for you above, in the individual sections. But in general:
Advantages bike carrier
✔ The interior of your car will not be used
✔ Just important for a holiday with a child
✔ The dirt of the wheel stays outside
✔ Hinged carriers have the advantage that you still come to the trunk
✔ They do not necessarily have to be expensive
✔ You are safe with your bike
✔ There are many accessories also in terms of theft protection
✔ Well-groomed porters sell well again
Disadvantages bike carrier
✘ Depending on the car and model you need another system
✘ Some porters are rather cumbersome to assemble
✘ Changed driving behavior and
✘ increased fuel consumption
✘ The carrier must be stored somewhere
Conclusion - bike rack for car
If you want to explore new areas often and often with your bike, a bicycle rack is of enormous benefit. Your bike goes with you, without it falls in terms of space. You should pay attention to a few little things. A Cruising speed of more than 130 km / h is no longer in it - in view of the permanent construction sites and traffic jams on our roads is that anyway rarely the normal speed. Abroad, 120 km / h often ends.
Five ways to transport your bike or e-bike or both are at your disposal. Which is your favorite?.
Recommended bike racks for car - top 10 top seller list
The most popular bike carriers for car products Bike rack for car deals with discount to save
- Max. Number of bikes 2, max. Weight per bike 25 kg
- Max. Payload 46 kg
- Weight kg 14.2
- In only 5 steps ready to use
- Max. Payload: 60kg, therefore ideally suited for e-bikes
- With quick release for closing and folding mechanism
- Assembly: For 2 bikes on the trailer hitch | foldable
- Safety: Quick Release | Folding mechanism | lockable theft protection Theft protection
- Extra: Sturdy V-rail for even more stability of the wheels
- suitable for electric bicycles
- Double-tube steel rails
- Max. Payload: 60 kg
- Max. Number of Bicycles: 2, Max. Weight Pro Bike: 24 Kg
- Max. Load: 46 Kg
- Product weight: 13.4 kg
- Installation: For a bicycle or an e-bike on the trailer coupling
- Security: quick release lock | lockable anti-theft device
- Extra: Oversize and Y-frame suitable
- Bicycle rack for 2 bikes
- Space-saving storage in the included bag, simply fold up the carrier
- with quick release for closing and folding mechanism
- "Efficient" rear carrier made of steel for 3 bikes or 2 e-bikes, expandable to 4 bikes
- maximum payload 66,9 kg, for all bike sizes and tire sizes
- For frame diameter of 25 80 mm, rail distance 180 mm, net weight 17,9 kg
- Material: steel
- Anti-theft device of the carrier: lockable
- Max. Payload: 70 kg
- With the coupling bike carrier made of steel, 3 bikes or 3 e-bikes (payload: 60kg) with a frame of 6 cm ...
- When folded, it is approx. 77 x 22 x 61 cm and weighs 17, 38kg.
- Ramp rails for bicycles and electric bicycles are available as accessories
Not found or found the right bike rack for your car product? Then click here for even more products!
Share the bike rack car post.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 25.11.2020/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate Links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible.