The Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li is ideal for smaller areas - gardens, patios. It powerfully removes the annoying leaves on terraces and garden areas. The ALB 18 LI gives you the freedom to work anywhere in the garden and, thanks to its cordless use, offers maximum freedom of movement. In addition, the cordless leaf blower can be stored in a space-saving manner thanks to the removable blower tube.
The practical leaf blower for the garden is currently available for € 89,00.
I have tested the battery-powered blower and now report on my experiences.
Battery leaf blower in comparison
First impression | Installation Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
Immediately after unpacking, you notice that the blower only consists of the motor unit, the battery, the blower tube and the instructions. Everything together was after in my case about 4 minutes assembled. Particularly noteworthy is the amazing one Leichtigkeit of the Bosch leaf blower. With 1,8 Kg it is very light in the hand and makes a great first impression.
I previously had a model with a petrol engine, which I found rather cumbersome in practice, for this reason I am happy and at the same time excited about the use with battery operation.
After the battery is plugged in, the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li is ready for use. I find the handle to be durable and not a hindrance in the long term. The blower can be switched on at the push of a button. This can also be clicked into place for relief so that it does not have to be pressed permanently. With a size of 89 x 16 x 22 cm the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li also has a good, handy size and at first glance it is very suitable for smaller gardens and areas.
I honestly did not use the enclosed instructions at all, as the structure and commissioning are self-explanatory. Only the battery has to be fully charged before it is used for the first time.
Use | How is the suction power ?
Now I was excited about the first use and wanted to test the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li directly. Similar models from Stihl, Makita and Husqvarna also have battery technology, but are priced higher.
The 18 Volt battery was after about 1 Hour already charged and ready for use by the lithium ions. In contrast to gasoline-powered blowers, you can immediately notice after switching on that the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li very quiet and calm is working. I was immediately impressed in the first test. In particular, I find it particularly pleasant that the wind instrument runs very quietly and free of vibrations. This means that you can blow for the full battery life without causing pain or discomfort.
Now I was curious about the suction power. It should be quick and functional, especially in autumn, when the trees are throwing leaves. The manufacturer Bosch provides the suction power 210 Km / h at. And the Bosch wind instrument actually delivers a great and strong performance. The speed is of course not measurable for me, but leaves and even hedge trimmings can be blown to the side surprisingly well and over a large area.
The powerful Bosch 18 volt lithium-ion battery with 2,5 Ah should according to manufacturer 17 Minutes create. In my test it was even 21 minutes, but with short breaks in between. Nevertheless, I think that Bosch is doing quite well in the specification with this battery specification.
The blower tube was also manufactured in such a way that blowing can be easily controlled through an opening that is becoming increasingly narrower. Thus, the full power is concentrated on a small opening at the pipe's entrance.
After work is done, you can Tube even removed storage space is thus possible without the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li taking up a lot of space in the shed.
Overall, I'm with very satisfied with the first test of the Bosch ALB 18Li leaf blower.
What advantages and disadvantages ?
- Very easy
- Battery operated (environmentally friendly)
- High blowing speed
- Removable blower tube
- Good price segment
- Low battery life
- No speed regulation
Worth mentioning & tips for Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
This Bosch leaf blower can be purchased with batteries of different strengths. On the one hand as 18 volt variant with 2,5 Ah and on the other hand as 36 volt variant with 2,6 Ah. For this purpose, before buying, you should consider which area you want to free from leaves, for example. The battery life is very different in this case.
The ALB 18Li model is sufficient for smaller gardens and areas, but the ALB 36Li model should be considered for larger areas. In my opinion, it makes sense that this Bosch model should already have a speed control. Otherwise, especially with piles of leaves, it happens that they are blown away again at too high a speed.
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories for optimal use. I always recommend one second battery to buy so that a full battery is always available.
Bosch itself also offers a quick charger at. Whether you really need it is an open question, as the charging process is already completed after 1 hour.
The storage should basically Dry respectively. The manufacturer specifies that the battery in particular should be stored warm at very low temperatures so that the cold does not destroy the technology.
Accessories - Bosch leaf blower ALB 19Li
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories. In principle, anything can be bought that breaks down over time. In the long run, the first wear part will always be the battery. However, as described, this can be recruited.
The The blower tube is made of plastic and thus scratches or damage are unavoidable. The blower pipe can also be reordered if necessary, which I do not consider necessary, however.
If it has to be quick, it can quick charger can be obtained. The conventional charging process takes about 1 hour. It should be done quickly with the quick charger.
Overall, this model can also be purchased as a starter set for € 144, which includes an additional battery with a second charger.
If you want to buy the device even without a battery, you only have to pay € 59,90.
Recommended reading: Buy a leaf blower? .!
Summary: Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
The Bosch ALB 18Li leaf blower, with its very light weight and battery operation, is ideal for smaller gardens or terraces. The suction power is good and absolutely sufficient for normal operation. The battery could last a little longer in my opinion, but a second battery is fine for all of the work.
I think the current price of 89 € is in line with the market and absolutely okay.
With regard to the storage of the fan, I find it very helpful to remove the fan tube.
So if you are looking for a good leaf blower that is powered by a powerful battery, you won't go wrong with this model.
Perhaps Bosch will still be able to regulate the speed of this model as well.
further cordless leaf blowers
Buy popular battery-powered leaf blowers | Buy battery-powered leaf blowers online at low prices
Top 10 - Laubbläser mit Akku
- Powerful despite its light and handy design
- With electronic speed control
- The soft grip and the handy, lightweight construction ensure a ...
- The Power X-Change family: One battery for everyone
- The cordless leaf blower ALB 18 LI - for all cleaning work ...
- Easy removal of leaves from sidewalks, driveways and ...
- The battery offers flexibility - suitable for all DIY and ...
- Comfortable working thanks to the ergonomic handle and low ...
Current savings offers
- Environmentally friendly and cost-saving 2x18 V-drive
- Ideal for use in noise-sensitive environments such as ...
- 3 adjustable telescopic blowpipe
- Powerful fan with adjustable air volume and ...
- Wattage: 72.0
- Voltage: 36.0
- Energy source: battery operated
- Pack Weight: 3.86 kg
- For a clean and tidy garden: leaf blowers for ...
- Fast results: Thanks to a blowing speed of 190 km / h ...
- Easy handling: Thanks to the low weight of 1.8 kg and ...
- Can be used conveniently anywhere: leaf blowers for the garden, driveway ...
- The Einhell 18 volt 3,0 Ah PXC starter kit is the ideal set ...
- Maximum safety even during lengthy operations ...
- The 3-stage LED system enables constant rapid ...
- During the charging cycle, the intelligent charging management ensures ...
- Compact: leaf vacuum, leaf blower and chopper in one device - ...
- The cordless vacuum cleaner and blower is ideal for driveways, ...
- Thorough: With a high blowing speed of 218km / h ...
- Ultimate user control: Handy, lighter and cordless ...
- The air broom is ideal for terraces, driveways, ...
- Thorough dirt removal: With the high blowing speed ...
- Quiet, comfortable and long runtime: Special housing design ...
- Ultimate user control: Handy, lighter and cordless ...
- The compact leaf blower for order in yard and garden
- Integrated speed control and soft grip for comfortable ...
- Small and handy design for easy handling
- Powerful performance: blow air flow 210 km / h
- One push of a button and the dirt gets to the collar. The...
- The 180 watt leaf blower is still ...
- Due to the aerodynamic channel formation, the mobile ...
- Thanks to intelligent control electronics, Brandson ...
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
- DIY torches | Do it yourself torches | OIL or Wax?
- Test: Stihl hedge trimmer HS 45
- Test: Carrera RC - Turnator Glow in the Dark
- Test: ENDERS radiant heater | Gas heater for warmth in the garden
- Tested: Blackboxcam - table clock with HD camera
- Test: best thermal container for food? | warm meals for on the go
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 6.12.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs