If you want to renovate your doors, you can buy door foil. Such a door film can be processed with relatively little effort. The result of a renovation with door foil is excellent. In the picture on the left you can see my old bathroom door before the renovation with door foil, so all other doors in my apartment look similar.
|Final format 88cm x 200cm - SELF-ADHESIVE wallpaper - No additional tools required||【Immersive Jungle Landscape】 Get access to nature, let trees hug you, refresh and relax and enjoy your beautiful life||Final format 88cm x 200cm - SELF-ADHESIVE - No additional tools required||Final format 88cm x 200cm - SELF-ADHESIVE - No additional tools required||Final format 88cm x 200cm - SELF-ADHESIVE wallpaper - No additional tools required||Final format 88cm x 200cm - SELF-ADHESIVE - No additional tools required|
|Each motif consists of ONE PART and can therefore be applied seamlessly||【Safe & Durable Material】 The door wallpaper is made of PVC, which is easy to clean and install, removable, durable, pressure resistance, shock resistance, moisture resistance||Each motif consists of ONE PART and can therefore be applied seamlessly||Each motif consists of ONE PART and can therefore be applied seamlessly||Each motif consists of ONE PART and can therefore be applied seamlessly||Each motif consists of ONE PART and can therefore be applied seamlessly|
|1. June 2023 21: 01||1. June 2023 21: 01||1. June 2023 21: 01||1. June 2023 21: 01||1. June 2023 21: 01||1. June 2023 21: 01*Advertising|
Buy door film - tips
When buying door film there are a few things to look out for. First of all it is necessary that you measure your doors. This is how you can find out how much door film you need. In this work step, it is also immediately clear whether the width of the door foils corresponds to your doors.
Please also note that a roll of door film is usually only sufficient for one side of the door. Most interior doors are 90 cm wide and about 2 m high. So you need two rolls of door film for one door. If you have doors in your apartment that are provided with glass, please also allow for a corresponding waste.
Here I can recommend buying an additional roll of door film. It can become a real annoyance if you find in the progress of the work that you are missing a strip of foil on the last door. The pictures you see here show my doors before and after the renovation with self-adhesive door foil. I have the dc-fix, foil, beech wood planked medium, 90 cm x 210 cm used. You can see the result of the renovation a little further below.
Materials and tools required
As you have already noticed, some materials and tools are required to process the door film. You will need one or two different screwdrivers. The type and shape of the screwdriver depend on whether there are cross or slotted screws on your door. A hammer and small pliers can be helpful. You need sandpaper with a medium grain size between 150 and 180. You also need a rubber squeegee to smooth the film onto the surface. With this tool, all air pockets that arise when gluing the door are prevented. Scissors, a tape measure and a ruler are also necessary. You should have a pencil or ballpoint pen close at hand.
If you Buy door film and processing there is a tool that is indispensable. This tool is called the Stanley knife, also known as a craft knife. With this knife it is possible to cut off the protruding edges of the film. If you buy a Stanley knife make sure it is made of metal.
Prepare the doors for gluing
If you click on the photo a new window opens and you can see the door a little bigger. That we understand each other correctly at this point, I want to emphasize once again that this is a self-adhesive door film. For this reason it is also important that you prepare the surfaces of your doors for the foil. First unscrew all door handles (handle sets).
Next, remove all fittings and the lock. It is also necessary that the surface of the door that you want to stick on is free of grease, dust and dirt. The photo on the left is my living room door after pasting the door film.
From my own experience, I can recommend roughening the surface of the door a little with fine sandpaper. For this I use an ergonomic sandpaper holder, which enables fatigue-free work for long periods of time. Such a sanding block also protects your fingers and hands. With this step you guarantee the perfect hold of your new door film. The door must then be cleaned accordingly. Ideally with a sponge, lukewarm water and a cleaning agent. The door must be dry before the door film is processed. The door film from dc-fix can also be used to glue the door frame, so this should also be lightly sanded.
Covering the door with door film
To actually cover the door with door film, it is best if you unhook the door and place it on two wooden trestles. The door is easier to work on when lying down. First cut the door film to size. Please note that the door foil may have to be glued around an edge. So it's better to cut something bigger than too little. Use this for this Grid on the back of the film for cutting in cm intervals.
Now remove approx. 20 cm of the carrier film from the door film. Now place the door film precisely on your door. Use the rubber squeegee to apply the surface to the surface. Remove air inclusions (air bubbles) with the rubber squeegee towards the outer edge. The last step is to glue the door foil around all the outside edges. It may be necessary to make light cuts with the Stanley knife.
The door frame is one of them
Before you hang up the door again, turn to the door frame. This is a job that takes a little time. But the result is impressive, you will be surprised. In order to cover the door frame with door film, it is an advantage if you have a hair dryer ready. You can use the hair dryer to slightly heat the door film where necessary, making it easier to pull it around corners and edges. A soft cloth (microfiber cloth) is also advantageous for this work. The hair dryer is also advantageous for processing on the door frames and frames if the door film does not really want to adhere in some places.
In order to avoid difficulties with unhooking and hanging the door, I use the unhooking aid set from Fried Elements. Anyone who has ever had to unhook a door knows how difficult it can be. Hanging the door is even more difficult, but no longer a problem with this ingenious tool. You will be amazed by the ease of use.
Buy the appropriate door film
The slide of dc-fix is not only suitable for gluing doors. Furniture and kitchen fronts can also be easily renovated with it. Let yourself be inspired by the different designs. Different pieces of furniture can be edited and upgraded in no time at all. Most pieces of furniture cannot be seen after the beautification that they have been covered with furniture foil. This door film is really great. You can process them really well. It is easy to care for and looks like real. My example of a successful door renovation on six doors presented here has been around for three years. The foil on the bathroom door also holds up perfectly. To date I haven't found a corner or edge that is starting to peel off. That encourages further projects.
Door foils at Amazon
Of course there is a large selection of door foils, door posters or door wallpapers on Amazon. It is always worth looking at my overview that I have put together for you. Just follow that Link to be inspired. After all, you may be stimulated to come up with completely new ideas to make your home even more beautiful.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling door foil products 2022 on Honest Tests
- high quality decorative adhesive film in matt plain colors
- tear-proof, robust and 160µ (0,16 mm) thick
- high water and heat resistance and without harmful plasticizers (phthalates free)
- Fast & easy to stick - self-adhesive, supple, high-quality film, looks like wallpapered. Removable & dry bonding
- Size: 90 x 200 cm - suitable for all types of doors: lacquered, glass, wood, plastic or metal. For kitchen, children's room, living room,...
- High quality from the brand WandFXPro
- DECORATIVE SELF-ADHESIVE FILM: Creates a unique, customized look on any flat, clean surface. She is sure to...
- FAST AND EASY APPLICATION: There are grid lines on the back of the self-adhesive film, which make cutting and sticking ...
- NO RESIDUE: Simply lift corner and pull. Use warm water or a heat gun/hair dryer to soften the film...
- 1 roll 90 x 210 cm!
- ideal Möbefolie - easy to work
- Effect: The new door wallpaper for your doors gives every room a special decorative effect
- Material: The door wallpaper is made of PVC, which is easy to clean and apply, durable, perfectly removable and no residue.
- 3D Adhesive Door Wallpaper：Idear as adhesive door murals for living room, bedroom, dining room, bathroom, covers. Save...
- [NEW DESIGN FOR YOUR DOOR] The new door wallpaper for your doors gives every room a special decorative effect - whether it's a children's room, ...
- [SIMPLE, FAST AND WITHOUT ADHESIVE] Remove the handle - stick it on the grease-free and dust-free door like a sticker or sticker -...
- [FITS EVERYWHERE - REMOVEABLE WITHOUT RESIDUE] Door films fit as a picture on any standard door and can be removed at any time without leaving any residue ...
- Adhesive sheet gray matt 1. Light gray 40 cm x 3 m, PVC material, easy to stick, practical and quick
- Adhesive film gray matt 2. Simply peel off and stick on! Suitable for most smooth and clean surfaces for quick and...
- Adhesive Film Gray Matt 3. This wallpaper is ideal for most rooms in any home, a very nice decoration due to the base color
- Overall size 88 x 200cm - "Ruck-Zuck" to apply - self-adhesive - door foil can be attached WITHOUT paste
- Delivery in ONE BOW: No annoying transitions - printed ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
- Removable without leaving any residue - robust German PREMIUM material - waterproof and washable
- Material: PVC, 61 X 500cm. Self-adhesive film without drilling, there are almost no gaps when pasting, and it is not easy to create bubbles.
- This self-adhesive wood wallpaper film is thick, quality improved, waterproof, oil-proof, anti-fouling, easy to clean. Glue...
- Easy to Install: It is very easy to install, you just need to cut it to the size you want. The wooden wallpaper...
- ❤Made of environmentally friendly PVC material stickers for doors, self-adhesive material, easy to use, just peel off and ...
- ❤Simulated 3D Pattern Design - Ideal to decorate your door. Make more room impression in your home and achieve a new...
- ❤DIY Design -You can freely mix and match these door stickers and paste them as you like. Simply peel and stick. Easy...
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | Fitness | You like product testing read?
- Test: The perfect EMSA thermal mug for the car | Travel Mug Grande
- Test: Syntrox sandwich maker with ceramic coating for 4 sandwiches
- Test: iRobot Roomba 980 vs. Xiaomi Roborock S6
- Test: WEISIJI diving mask - snorkeling mask - full mask | Foldable | super 180° field of view | with camera pose | silicone | Anti-fog and anti-leak
- Powerbank - Aukey PB-N36 20000mAh with USB / Lightning
- Test: BODY'S PERFECT capsules - weight loss & wellbeing
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 2.06.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs