WPC - Everything you need to know
More durable than wood, easier to maintain and still a natural look: whoever deals with WPC will quickly be convinced of its positive properties. In this guide, we address the most important questions about the composite material: What is WPC? What do you need WPC for? Are there special WPC tools and how does it work? On top of that, we will give you the best care tips. Ready for the new terrace? - WPC-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
WPC products - in comparison
|QUALITY: Our wood tiles offer the highest quality at an unbeatable price-performance ratio!||HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Recyclable, dimensionally stable & robust thanks to non-slip WPC composite (made of approx. 60% wood & 40% plastic) - 1. choice||Robust, durable material: terrace tiles are made of wood plastic composite, 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, rough surface, durable and environmentally friendly. You are...||Robust, durable material: terrace tiles are made of Wood Plastic Composite, 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, rough surface, durable and environmentally friendly||Robust, durable material: terrace tiles are made of Wood Plastic Composite, 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, rough surface, durable and environmentally friendly. You are...||Robust, durable material: terrace tiles are made of Wood Plastic Composite, 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, rough surface, durable and environmentally friendly. You are...||made of 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, frost-proof, weather-resistant|
|OPTICS: The noble wood look is not only a real eye-catcher, but also easy to care for and weatherproof. You do not need any special care products, cleaning with normal water is sufficient.||SPLITTER FREE - Barefoot-friendly & crack-free, the high plastic content of the patio slabs additionally ensures resistance to fungal and insect attacks||Quick and easy laying: WPC click tile is easy to lay using a plug-in system; the integrated click system means that even larger areas can be laid quickly and easily||Fast and easy installation: WPC click tile is easy to install using the plug-in system, and the integrated click system means that even larger areas can be installed quickly and easily||Fast and easy installation: WPC click tile is easy to install using the plug-in system, and the integrated click system means that even larger areas can be installed quickly and easily||Fast and easy installation: WPC click tile is easy to install using the plug-in system, and the integrated click system means that even larger areas can be installed quickly and easily||The plastic tiles in wood look, perfect for patios, balconies, bathrooms|
|879,90 € statt 1.160,90 €||1.272,00 €||N/A||N/A||32,99 €||36,99 €||31,99 €||32,99 €|
|25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55||25. October 2020 14: 55*Advertising|
What is WPC?
The material WPC is a composite material consisting of wood and plastic. WPC is short for Wood plastic composite. What sounds half-baked is particularly well received outdoors, and can shine with durability class 1. The WPC material consists of 60% wood fibers, 40% polyethylene and other composites. This conjures up a very special look in the garden and on terraces: natural like wood, but much more durable. WPC is available in a wide variety of colors. That gives a lot of leeway!
If you want to lay and assemble WPC, you will find many practical and easy-to-implement ideas on the market.
WPC tiles are good as Click tiles available. Similar to laminate, you can quickly and easily plug these into each other. In addition, side parts are available that create a good finish. If the tiles are too long, you can simply use a wood saw shorten. What else do you need? One Hammer and screws, as well as one Cordless Screwdriver. For the substructure, keep in mind that the tiles must not be wet. A lot of weight in one spot causes the tiles to sag. That’s for example with one umbrella stand or a heavy table. The WPC tiles are suitable for smaller terraces and areas due to their size.
WPC planks are almost like tiles, only longer. You can use it for a lot of space, similar to Laminate, embarrassed. This is the right material if you are planning a large terrace. You only need the tools hammer, saw, nails and a cordless screwdriver. Under - Relocate WPC - we have listed even more helpful tips and tricks for you!
Planks and tiles are available in a wide variety of colors - in a very creative phase, you could perhaps cleverly combine different shades. So your WPC terrace is very special!
|1||WPC decking boards Basic Line - complete set light gray | 12m² (4m x 3m) wooden board planks | ...||5 Reviews||642,00€ 490,00€||To offer*|
|2||casa pura WPC terrace tiles Prestige | Decking boards 60x30 cm | click tile in wood look | ...||79,99€||To offer*|
|3||20 pieces Eurotec pedestal ECO M 3,5-6,5 cm||41,00€||To offer*|
WPC privacy screens
The WPC privacy fence may not fit anywhere - smaller areas in particular often appear locked in. Individual elements, however, can also be used wonderfully for demarcation in your own garden. On a terrace they also look good as a wind protection element. The fences are available in many different versions, in different sizes and colors. They are easy to assemble, but require good preparation for construction. Privacy walls can deform and often require a reinforcement profile. If the floor is soft, supports must be placed. The wind can exert enormous pressure on the walls.
Depending on the project, you also need some accessories. This can include:
- Substructure connector (aluminum)
- Pads and
- Finishing profiles
- Sealing material
If you are not sure what you need in which form, get help from a professional so that your project is definitely stable.
Relocate WPC - Here's how
You can tell whether WPC is correct when the water wins! This could be the top WPC rule, because assembly is essential. The composite must be built in such a way that the water can drain off easily, for example on the terrace. When laying, make sure that no underground moisture can hold, so that everything can always dry nicely.
WPC planks lay tips
Here are a few tips to help you avoid the biggest mistakes:
If you have to screw your WPC boards in place, the screws must not sit too deep, this will damage the material and water can penetrate, and they cannot look out of the wood - this increases the risk of injury. It is advisable to use screws made of V2A material - these do not oxidize with the tannic acid of the wood. Do not poke the screws into the wood - too much torque or screwing speed can cause the screws to start glowing and damage the wood in this way.
WPC is a natural material. And natural materials are not static, they react to moisture and temperature. It is generally known that material expands when it is warm, and contracts when it is cold. WPC also works, of course - the joints are the natural stretch line where the material works. When laying, make sure that the joints are neither too wide nor too narrow.
You usually don't need any special tools to block your WPC materials. What you should have at home are:
WPC is very durable! This makes maintenance of the material very easy. Some surfaces even have a dirt-repellent effect! But there are differences. The weather not only ensures that the planks and tiles are color-mature - it also makes minor scratches or stains disappear over time. So if the covering is under one roof, for example in a winter garden, individual stains and scratches will remain for a significantly longer time. This is also noticeable in the care, which can be significantly more complex with the material under the roof. But first:
The basic cleaning
To clean your WPC wood flooring, warm water is usually sufficient, in which you can add a little dishwashing liquid if necessary. Of course, you should have swept the floor beforehand to free it from coarse dirt. The WPC floor can now be cleaned easily with a simple wooden brush and water. If you have used a little washing-up liquid, wash the floor afterwards with clear water.
DANGER: don't use any Pressure Washer to clean the floor! The high pressure can damage the covering - this makes the WPC floor less durable.
WPC special cleaner
Some manufacturers offer special cleaners that you can use for maintenance. This is good if you are struggling with oil or petrol stains. If you have burn marks or deep notches in your floor, it often only helps to replace the individual elements.
It is often not necessary to impregnate the WPC from time to time, but it does no harm. To do this, the floor must be thoroughly cleaned and dried again in advance. When using the impregnating liquid, make sure that the fluid has time to soak and dry well. Always apply a thin layer and repaint if necessary.
What should you look for when buying WPC?
There are a few things to consider, we have summarized them briefly:
- Pay attention to the quality of the WPC and make yourself smart about the manufacturer
- Compare users' reviews online
- Read the product returns carefully
- If you're not sure how to do certain steps, ask a professional. This saves you money and also time.
WPC advantages and disadvantages
What are the advantages of WPC? Tea terrace planks are of course also available in solid wood.
✔ In many cases, WPC is cheaper than real wood
✔ WPC is extremely easy to care for and
✔ easy to process
✔ No special requirements are required
✔ Is suitable for covered and also
✔ covered areas
✔ The material is prefabricated and available in many variations
✘ WPC needs a dry and well prepared base
✘ Screen walls must be able to withstand considerable pressure
WPC is used in many pieces of furniture. You can find WPC in tables, grill tables, benches and chairs.
Recommended reading: Rattan furniture for patio or garden?
Conclusion: WPC guide
Wood is a fantastic, versatile, but also maintenance-intensive raw material. Wherever it is exposed to the weather, it needs a lot of care. WPC manages the balancing act by combining wood and plastic. This means that the WPC needs far less maintenance, but can be handled just like real wood.
The WPC privacy fence is set up similar to privacy screens made of normal wood. The same applies to the WPC floorboards and the WPC tiles - you have to bring a little skill, stick to a few things. But when your heart project is finished, it's a wonderful thing with endurance.
Recommended WPC terrace - Top 10 top seller list
The most popular WPC terrace products WPC terrace offers with discount to save
- made of 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, frost-proof, weather-resistant
- The plastic tiles in wood look, perfect for patios, balconies, bathrooms
- DIY tiles, easy installation with click system, no extra substructure necessary
- WPC terrace tiles / 11 pieces = 2 square meters / brand: VENTANARA
- Material: WPC (Wood Plastic Composites) wood / plastic mixture (60% / 40%)
- Dimensions: 30x60cm / height: 2cm / color: gray
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Recyclable, dimensionally stable & robust thanks to non-slip WPC composite (made of approx. 60% wood & 40% plastic) - 1. choice
- SPLITTER FREE - Barefoot-friendly & crack-free, the high plastic content of the patio slabs additionally ensures resistance to fungal and insect attacks
- SPECIAL QUALITY - Free of toxic substances, the garden beams of the terrace floor are particularly easy to clean & up to -30 ° C frost-proof
- Adjustment range 2,5 - 4,0 cm
- Load capacity: 2,2 kN
- Base plate diameter: 9cm (can be expanded to 15cm with the lower part for Eco S)
- ✅ Perfect underlay with pads for decking or decking tiles and all types of floor and paving slabs that can be walked on
- ✅ Effective footfall sound insulation for patios, balconies and garden sheds - simply use the pads as a substructure or underlay and it’s quiet
- ✅ Rubber pads as spacers for the substructure of terraces or as a pool mat for pools, whirlpools, jacuzzis and paddling pools
- THE MULTI-TALENT: The electric brush quickly and efficiently removes weeds, moss and dirt on sidewalks, patios, paving stones and ...
- TOOL-FREE REPLACEMENT OF TOWERS: Up to seven different attachments can be easily and conveniently installed.
- FLEXIBILITY IN USE: The infinitely variable speed control in the handle area can be operated with one hand and at any time on the surface ...
- VERSATILE USES - The 3mm terrace pads serve as perfect base plates. A terrace pad is 60x90 mm and as a base for the ...
- WATER-RESISTANT - The terrace pads offer protection against waterlogging, provide a moisture barrier and serve to compensate for small bumps, protection ...
- DURABLE & ROBUST - The terrace pads are weatherproof from -40 ° C to + 120 ° C and can withstand loads of up to 250t per m² - Perfect property as ...
- ✅ Large & flat support surface - The support surface has a diameter of 130 mm - suitable for all beams. The high quality in processing ...
- ✅ Large & stable foot - The foot has a diameter of 200 mm and thus ensures optimum stability. No hole in the floor & can therefore be used without pads ...
- Belast High resilience - Our feet can be loaded up to 1200 kg per foot - No breaking & warping of the material, so your terrace remains ...
- Brand owner TÜV-Süd QM ISO9001 certified with No. 12 100 59626 TMS for quality management in Germany
- Scope of delivery: 11x WPC tiles each 30x30cm = 1m² | Premium up to 2000 kg / sqm, base resilient up to 1200 kg / sqm | Base with cavity, premium without cavity ...
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 2x30x30cm | Material: WPC | Color: WPC panels: gray - joints: black
- Robust, durable material: Terrace tiles are made of the composite material Wood Plastic Composite, 60% wood fiber and 30% plastic, rough ...
- Quick and easy installation: WPC click tile is easy to install using a plug-in system, thanks to the integrated click system, even larger ...
- Versatile: ideal for a simple and fast design of garden, terrace, balcony and almost all other flat surfaces in the interior.
Not found the right WPC terrace product or been there? Then click here for even more products!
Share the WPC contribution.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 25.10.2020/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate Links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible.