Buying Guide: E-Scooter | Electric scooter
It's not quite that far yet, although some of them are already on the road. After almost endless debates, the decision was made: The e-scooter or the electric scooter may be on the road. The companies currently (as of August 2019 *) still have a little to do. Your models must be approved in order for them to be sold.
This gives us consumers a little time to deal with the e-scooter and to answer basic questions. What is an e-scooter anyway? Are there certain obligations? Do you have to wear a helmet or does it have to be insured? - Guide: e-scooter
* Changes are reserved *
**Attention! This guide is about an electric scooter. Not an e-scooter / electric moped! These unmistakably have a seat! **
Guide: e-scooter - in comparison
What is an e-scooter?
A scooter is a scooter with a motor. It consists of two tires over which a standing surface is mounted. A handlebar is attached to it, which ends in a handlebar. In addition a brake, the motor and the battery. Basically that's it. The electric scooter is ready. The materials differ slightly and differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Carbon is particularly light and stable. Like one Electric skateboard Also, the material of the tread and the tire may vary.
The range depends on several factors. Your weight, the surface, the incline and what tires you have. The battery also plays a crucial role. More on that later.
|1||MEGAWHEELS Electric Scooter Adult Electric Scooter, Foldable...*||€319,99||to the offer ➤|
|2||M MEGAWHEELS Electric Scooter adult 3...*||€349,00 €311,37||to the offer ➤|
|3||M MEGAWHEELS electric scooter adults,Electric Scooter with...*||35 Reviews||€393,69||to the offer ➤|
Statutory regulations Electric scooters
No new idea, without which the legislator prescribes rules. So here too. Even if some things are not clear at the moment, you can get used to a lot.
The most important things you need to know, we have put together here.
If you have an e-scooter | E-scooters with electric drive buy, you do not need a driver's license, as long as he is not faster than 20 km/h moves.
There is also a performance of maximum 500 watts .
At least you have to drive an electric scooter on public roads 14 years his. When you are younger, you are only allowed to ride on private grounds under adult supervision. You should stick to it. Otherwise no insurance is available. Why only 14 years? At that age, you're so far from your development that you can operate the scooter, driving ahead, and the legislature gives you the responsibility to do it. He trusts you that you do not endanger yourself, other people or animals.
You can use it on the bike path, but not on the sidewalk drive, If there is no bike path, you have to go on the road.
A Helmet you do not need by law. We of e-tests, however, urgently recommend one for adolescents and adolescents, Also, savers that protect your joints from complicated injuries.
You also need brakes for your e-scooter, front and rear. The manufacturers will obstruct this. It should definitely be disc brakes. Pay attention to a good braking performance, because you will have to react very quickly.
Light is mandatory, also front and back.
Violations cost you about 20 €.
** This also applies to alcohol! Here applies, as with a driver's license in the first two years, an absolute ban on alcohol. The same applies to you when you are under 21. If you have a driver's license and are out of your probationary period, the upper limit is 0.5 per thousand for you. **
You need one Insurance for your e-scooter, Otherwise you are not allowed on the street with it. If you do it anyway, this offense will be expensive. Fines and driving bans threaten. Your scooter can be retained if necessary. Legally, this simply means driving without insurance cover. The penalties are sensitive.
How expensive is insurance? That's not out yet. Similar to a scooter, the protection should cost 40 - 90 € a year. The small insurance label must also be mounted on the electric scooter.
What else do you need? Many things like lamps and brakes are mandatory. We recommend you for your electric scooter:
- a robust bicycle lock
- Knee and elbow pads
- LED lighting (which you can easily lose)
- a good bell> electric bell
- Fenders front and rear
And if you have to carry the eRoller times? Then there is a practical carrying handle or a strap. So you can take your vehicle with you into your apartment or on the bus, without it being too cumbersome. Like the bike you can do one Bike Phone Mount , or Cup holder assemble. So you can let it go well on the way to work. Maybe your e-scooter has a porter? Excellent! Because then you can of course attach a bicycle bag or a basket to it. Special, but doable. What you will discover only after the manufacturers and companies have launched their scooters on the market are scooter tires. These have different degrees of hardness and dimensions. For the different surfaces you can now choose. This can have a positive effect on your reach.
And last but not least, something for you, if you like to keep an eye on everything, you can buy a bike computer for your electronic minicar if it is not already pre-assembled. This keeps track of your distance and allows you to see how far your battery will last.
Everything that has been engineered is capable of tuning. It does not matter if it's an e-bike or an e-scooter. The technology is not exhausted by the manufacturer and has to comply with legal requirements. This means that, of course, there will be tuned phrases and also chips and there will be a lot more once the market has been enriched with electric scooters. In that Guide Tuning E-Bikes we have written you everything you need to know about tuning.
What you should pay attention to when buying
What should you pay particular attention to when buying e-scooters? Are there special conditions?
★ If you want to drive your scooter in public space, pay attention to the speed limit and the 500 watt limit
★ Your scooter needs all traffic related gadgets like Bell, light, brakes
★ You absolutely need an insurance
★ Look for the right accessory
★ Also for spare parts such as brakes or tires
★ Pay attention to the manufacturer's information about the load capacity (on average 100 kg)
★ You need high quality material especially in the field and also, if you want to use the e-scooter daily to work
★ Does the battery have an adequate range?
★ How long are the loading times?
★ Can you remove the battery?
★ How heavy is the scooter (maybe you have to carry it around)
Battery electric scooter
Currently, the scooters that are currently on the market, have a range of about 20 km, That's enough maximum 500 W strong electric motor out. The battery works on the power, without making you tired before. The technology is getting better.
Depending on the manufacturer, the loading times will vary. Currently it is about 2-6 hoursuntil the battery is full again. But not only the performance and the battery play a role, but also the technology and the software that detects pitch. The smarter the technology, the more it can adapt to the circumstances.
But: 20 kilometers are already a lot and everything under 10 km is easily accessible with this e-scooter.
Batteries hate stark temperature differences, This is not so dramatic in summer, but already in winter. It may be that your battery in the cold season just makes you tired. If possible, take him to the apartment and never let him stand in the frost, When you charge it, take it from the stream. That's how he is not under continuous load and lasts longer. If possible, always leave it Run completely empty and then fully recharge it in one go, Leave yours Battery at high temperatures not in the sun otherwise it threatens overheating.
Advantages and disadvantages
And? Did the electric scooter convince you? Here we have the advantages and disadvantages summed up. Maybe this list will help you make a decision.
Advantages of electric scooters
â € œYou can already m the scooterdrive it 14 years ago, This allows you a self-drive to school or to your friends
â € œYou need no driver's license, just a cheap insurance
â € œThe Range up to 20 km allows you to work most of the time
"You can with the Scooters ride on bike paths
â € œThat is safer, in the city
âœ "The battery is recharged quickly
"Essential cheaper than a car
âœ~ Less useful in winter, as you do not have weather protection
âœ~ 20 km can sometimes be too short range
â~~ Not suitable for very stable people
âœ~ You have to make the scooter roadworthy
Order, apply for insurance, affix badge and go. An electric scooter will soon be on the streets and will bring some benefits, at least in the city. You should let tunes be. You donâ € ™ t need a helmet or any other escortsâ € "we would recommend them. ein accident with 20 km / h or below can transport you to hospital. Pay attention to the things that are defined in the legislation and Buy an e-scooter that is suitable for traffic, Then you will enjoy a high quality device.
We wish you a safe journey!
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling e-scooter products 2022 on honest tests
- Ride the Rainbow: Rainbow LED lights flash next to the kids scooter's pedals. The beautiful and dynamic light bar makes...
- 3 speeds and LED display: just short press the power button, you can set the top speed of 8km/h, 12.8km/h...
- Adaptive height on 3 levels: As your child grows, the scooter develops with the young rider. The handlebar height can vary depending on your height...
- Odys NEO e100 foldable e-scooter with street legal & app connection (max. 20 km / h, up to 100km range, up to 140kg approved ...
- E-scooter with road approval (ABE) for use on public roads (data confirmation included in the scope of delivery with details of the...
- 675Wh/12500mAh lithium ion battery with a long range of up to 100km at a tire pressure of 3,5 bar (also depending on...
- High quality scooter scooter made of aluminum
- High driving pleasure thanks to low-lying running board & slim, fast 205 BigWheel wheels
- Easily foldable, height-adjustable handlebars from 79 to 104 cm and adjustable shoulder strap
- Motor: The brushless 350W motor with 600W peak power ensures optimal thrust when starting, even when climbing up to 18%
- Safety: With a unique brake lever, you control two independent drums, front and rear, the safety with every braking...
- Comfort: The rear suspension and 10-inch wheels allow you to have a stable and comfortable ride, even with slight bumps from the ...
- Wide range of uses: This is a very popular sport scooter for any child, teenager or small adult with a ...
- High quality and high comfort：The scooter has new high quality painting mat non-slip handlebars. And a sturdy aluminum deck and...
- Robust & light: One-piece approx. 42cm handlebar and 360° T-handlebar / T-bar, with extra stable triple screwed clamp, steel fork, / ...
- 【E Scooter with road approval ABE】 E9 Max E-Scooter with road approval (ABE) for use on public roads (data confirmation ...
- 【Lithium battery】 36V/10Ah battery allows a range of up to 30 - 40 km (Please note that this depends on the weight of the driver, the ...
- 【Honeycomb Tires】E9 Max adult electric scooters ride comfortably and safely for long periods of time with 10 inch non-slip honeycomb rubber tires. The...
- Long mileage - Depends on the road and driver's weight, adult electric scooter with, 48 V, 18 Ah, strong driving force, maximum load 150 ...
- 10" off-road wide tires e cooter - The front and rear wheels are equipped with spring shock absorbers, and the electric scooter has...
- Lighting system - electric scooter equipped with rear lights, indicators, running lights, brake lights and electronic...
- Say hello to your new best friend, the Digger ES1! This chic little electric scooter is 100% mobile, which means you can take it anywhere and...
- This electric scooter is perfect for teenagers, commuters and short distance riders. It is equipped with a small, lightweight battery that can be...
- The Digger ES1 is equipped with two independently acting brakes as well as front and rear lights, so you can rest assured...
- WITH road approval - (New E9 / E9 pro) E Scooter from electric scooter with the general operating permit (ABE, eKFV) by the ...
- ANTI-PANCTURE SOLID TIRES - The electric scooter uses 8,5-inch honeycomb shock-absorbing tires with high elasticity and wear resistance.
- 350W POWERFUL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - E-scooter is equipped with 350W brushless silent motor. The maximum speed can be 20km/h...
- Electric scooter has a dc brushless honeycomb hub motor, the 36v 7,5ah motor makes it effortless to climb hills and your main travel circuit...
- 8 inch honeycomb tires e scooter: Adult electric scooters are equipped with 8 inch honeycomb tires, which can save you from the problems of inflatable...
- E scooter Fast folding, stable and comfortable: The newly developed folding frame, one-step folding, flexible and convenient, solves ...
- Wildlife camera Apeman H60 in the test | Camera trap for animals
- White tea | Silver Needle from Bouna Classic
- Bluefin vibration plate: lose weight at home
- Drinking tube for PET bottles - water at hand at all times
- Portable air purifier with rechargeable battery + washable air filter | Against dust and pollen for clean indoor air
- Test winner mounting gloves
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2022. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to an e-scooter test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a e-scooter If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Buying an e-scooter – How to find the best e-scooter product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the "e-scooter" product I'm looking for?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. Regardless of what you are looking for or want to use the e-scooter product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the e-scooter products you found. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers and brands are available for "e-scooter"?
If you are looking for an "e-scooter" product and want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed down your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & condition do I need and which do not?
Find and choose the best e-scooter product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about e-scooter products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests for e-scooter?
You now have a few e-scooter products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong e-scooter product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the e-scooter product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the e-scooter product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will give you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and use of your upcoming e-scooter purchase.
Where can I find ratings, recommendations, reviews, tests, reviews, solutions and tips from other buyers?
⭐ Ask people around you about e-scooters or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ Honest tests' top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular e-scooter products with links to ratings & reviews, where you'll find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find an e-scooter test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with e-scooter test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here e-scooter test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example e-scooter test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest e-scooter test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing e-scooter test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here e-scooter test check.
Where can I find e-scooters to buy? 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for e-scooter products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others . All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for e-scooters are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying an e-scooter?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your e-scooter product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your e-scooter product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are satisfied with the e-scooter product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
honest-tests.de can you do good Order e-scooter products online at good prices – Buy e-scooters online. Simply order e-scooters online, find e-scooter products and Buy e-scooter products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or order e-scooter products on the Internet. buy an electric scooter: Order good products like e-scooter online - at a good price! Search for e-scooters – find e-scooters – order e-scooters online!
The Honest Tests Website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as e-scooters at good prices on the Internet and to order e-scooter products directly to your home.
If you want to order e-scooters online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying e-scooter products is so easy! - Super easy to order e-scooter products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 4.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs