As an environmentally conscious consumer, everyone wants to take advantage of the benefits of renewable energy while optimizing their electrical energy consumption. A great way to do this is with balcony power plants. In this blog post I will introduce the four best balcony power plants with which you can achieve optimal energy production. From small footprint to easy installation, there are numerous factors to consider to find the perfect solution for your balcony. Let's get started now and discover the best balcony power plants.
1. DUR-line balcony power station 850Wp complete set
The DUR-line balcony power plant 850Wp | 600W complete set is a mini solar system that was specially developed for use on the balcony. It consists of two high-quality glass-glass solar modules with a total output of 850Wp (2x425Wp) and an APSystems inverter whose output can be expanded from 600W to 800W. The set also includes a 10m long connection cable for easy plugging into the socket. The bifacial PV output makes it possible to produce electricity even in the evening.
Remote monitoring via WiFi enables easy monitoring of the system. Customers report that the inverter was easy to install, good performance and the product was delivered quickly. Some customers wanted longer connecting cables between the modules and real-time reading of the inverter. Overall, however, the DUR-line balcony power plant receives positive reviews for its performance and quality.
Advantages of the DUR-line balcony power plant
- High performance with up to 1100 Wp bifacial PV power
- Easy to set up inverter and good quality solar cells
- Fast delivery and well packaged delivery
- Possibility of remote monitoring via Wifi
- The module connection cables are too short if the inverter is not to be positioned directly under the module
- The product does not contain a certificate
2. Solakon® balcony power plant complete set
The Solakon® 850W balcony power plant is a complete solar system equipped with bifacial solar modules. These solar panels enable increased energy production because they can utilize both sunlight from above and reflected light from below. With an output of 800W, which can be increased to 850W in the future via a software upgrade, this balcony power plant is ideal for generating electricity on your balcony or patio roof.
The TSUN inverter is included in the set and can easily be connected to the modules. A 5 meter long cable allows for flexible installation. The complete set also includes accessories such as brackets and a TSUN app for monitoring power generation. According to customer reviews, installation is straightforward, the app is user-friendly, and energy production is efficient.
- Simple setup of the system
- High energy input, even in cloudy weather
- Compatibility with the app, easy user registration
- Good performance of the system, up to 4,2 KW per day
- Fast customer service, quick answers to questions
- Some of the reviews from customers highlighted a few disadvantages of the Solakon® 850W balcony power plant. Here are a few points:
- The app only shows the current values when you change views or restart the app, which can be a bit cumbersome
- The maximum energy production varies depending on weather conditions and the orientation of the system. This may mean that the performance produced may not always meet expectations
3. BKW-830/600 balcony power plant: Ready-to-plug 830W solar system including WiFi and upgrade option
The balcony power plant 830 W / 600 W solar system is a plug-and-play system from VESKA that can be easily connected in just a few minutes. With the option of a software upgrade, the output power can be increased from 600 W to 800 W, making your system future-proof. The system is versatile and offers good quality. The inverter complies with regulations and has excellent performance that can be controlled via the app.
Delivery is quick and safely packaged. Please note that it may require some patience to set up, but it is still doable. App connectivity can be curveball, but there are ways to solve this. Overall, the balcony power plant is an excellent option for permit-free, plug-in photovoltaic systems.
- Good quality PV system with a powerful inverter
- Fast and neat delivery
- Possibility to set up via an app
- Connecting to the app is difficult as it cannot connect via Bluetooth or AP
- Setting up the system requires time, patience and energy as well as knowledge in the field
4. Pianeta balcony power plant 850W bifacial
With the premium PIANETA 850 bifacial solar balcony power plant you can immediately generate your own electricity. Depending on the location and orientation, the balcony power plant produces between approx. 750 - 1200 kWh per year. Place it in a sunny location without shade for maximum efficiency. The balcony power plant consists of 2 x 425W Yes solar modules, an inverter from Hoymiles HM-800 and a Hoymiles Wlite DTU with WiFi function, as well as a 5 m Schuko cable.
Installation is relatively easy and quick. Please note, however, that the documentation and assembly instructions provided are not sufficient and you will need to download additional material from the internet. The system achieves a decent yield. However, the app software has some flaws and requires a connection to a Chinese server. Unfortunately, the cables from the solar panels are too short, so extension cables are required. Overall, however, the system is user-friendly and efficient.
Efficient energy production
- High power production on clear days
- Excellent inverter
- Simple setup of the system
- Working software for mobile phones
- SMA Solar Technology AG
- Fronius International GmbH
- ABB Group
- SolarEdge Technologies Inc.
- Delta Electronics, Inc
- KOSTAL Solar Electric GmbH
- Growatt New Energy Technology Co., Ltd
- KACO new energy GmbH
- Zeversolar (subsidiary of SMA Solar Technology AG)
- MetaSole Energias Alternatives SL