Electric skateboard - longboard for a lot of fun
Did you or did you have a skateboard? Can you remember how cool that was? Climb up and down to the slopes. Tricks over, fall down and get up again?
Skateboards were and are cool, but they also go with the times. They already flew in "Back to the Future II". We're not that far, but Marty Mcfly would have had as much fun on an electric longboard as on a hoverboard. Every bet!
This buying guide is about the "predecessor" of the "Hoverboard" from the science fiction story, because that's bound to come. We're writing the year 2019 and that's why we're talking about the electric skateboard.
What are the differences, what you should pay attention to when buying, where the law provides the framework and which features are waiting for you. - electric skateboard - longboard
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Elektro Skateboard - Longboard - in comparison
What is an electric skateboard?
That's what surfers basically invented, in the 50 years. They were looking for a way to surf, if the sea did not play along. Four wheels under a small board, which had the shape of a surfboard and the story was done. Later it was adapted and further developed. What we have now is a skateboard with wheels and electric motor. There are two types of drive and the motors have different power and range as well as speeds.
The materials must be lightweight but stable. As a rule, the electric skateboards consist of:
- Mixed materials
The upper part, the one you are standing on, is called Deck. This consists of different superimposed layers. This makes the board stable but also light.
All that is missing are the wheels, which are also available with LED technology, a bit of technical know-how and an engine of course.
The modern devices can even be controlled via app or Bluetooth. Later more of it!
For whom is an electric longboard suitable?
Such an electric longboard is suitable for anyone who has fun with the thing or can use it in a practical and meaningful way. It's also great for working. But not only that. You can also make a new hobby out of it. There are some artists who create whole shows on the skateboards.
E-skateboard for kids
For children there are extra light and small variants. But they drive like a full-fledged e-board. A minimum age does not exist for this sport. Depending on the predisposition, very young children can begin with it.
✌ protective clothing such as
Remember: Children are very cocky every now and then, which can lead to serious injuries. For that reason, never leave your child unattended.
On sturdy shoes with non-slip sole you should pay attention as well as you give your child clothes, which is casual, but not cut too far.
Then it can go. Early practice!
What are the options?
Depending on what your main focus is on an e-board, you can choose between the wheels, the drive, the engine and the shape of the deck. The latest models will also get you up the mountain, but that goes on the battery. Some manufacturers have extra settings for city cruising. Thus, the board adjust technically that the range is retained longer.
You want to be outdoors outdoor? That's a real challenge for skateboards. Stick and stone go, but should not be used too often.
Longboards like straight tracks that simulate "surfing".
E-skateboard with app
You can also connect your electric longboard with an app and then control the board via your smartphone. Some manufacturers offer this and cooperate with each other. But a telephone also has its disadvantages. It is rarely so precise to steer and when it falls, it can sometimes break. The advantage is that you have personalized your board and do not need to carry extra control with you.
E-skateboard with LED
Colorful light on the board? Especially when it's dark, you can see you better with a little blingbling. There are rollers that you can easily assemble and shine in all imaginable colors as they move. That's really trendy and new!
There are two types of drive and both have their advantages and disadvantages:
The belt drive has a long service life and can withstand long-term loads well. If it squeaks, a simple silicone spray can help. It does not have to be tensioned or lubricated. The disadvantage: it must not be twisted or kinked. He also can not stand a rough overload.
The direct drive drives the rear wheels and puts a lot of power on the road. But no additional engine can be installed.
Which downforce is right for you, you can only find out by trying out the two variants.
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
The installed electric motors have different strengths. 800 Watts should be it already. The engine also creates a 100 kg person loose. If you are lighter or do not want to spend too much time driving around, you will need an 400 Watt motor. More power, more power.
Range and battery
The range is dictated by the battery. But most models in the mid-range price range make about 30 - 35 km. It also depends on how much weight you have. 100 kg can be transported a bit heavier than 50 kg.
For good reason, pay attention to a good use of energy.
The time is aimed at sustainability: Some manufacturers use a way in which recharge the batteries during braking. I think that's a great thing!
Up to 40 km / h are no longer a problem. That's on such a e-Longboard pretty fast! If you fall, you can sometimes get very dangerous injuries. A helmet is already out of personal responsibility to the duty. Also helpful are knee and elbow pads.
✌ The electric skateboards for kids are of course less fast. You drive a maximum of 20 km / h. But even that is sometimes difficult for a child to act.
The deck and the wheels are not what makes such a longboard hard. It is the engine and the battery that are installed. How to make a longboard on loose 15 - 35 kg. But! The faster it can drive, the more powerful it is, the more stable it must be. If you do, the board should stay healthy. When buying, so also pay attention to a high quality workmanship with materials that endure a lot.
If your roles are not enough, no problem. The most common boards can also be tuned. In a certain context. Ball bearings in the rollers make for a better lightness.
Maybe you want a longer range or a stronger engine? Meanwhile, a kind of tuning scene has formed. Note, however, that any manipulation makes a manufacturer's warranty ineffective. Tuning parts for electric skateboards
Protective clothing should become your personal duty if you have a board that can drive fast or if you are traveling on terrain that you do not know. Even if you try tricks. A helmet protects your brain, savers protect you from gross injuries. It is not legally compulsory to wear protective clothing because you are legally not allowed to drive with the things on the street.
Advantages and disadvantages
Have you already got the taste? Here are some of the pros and cons:
✔ It's great fun
✔ You don't have to work so hard anymore
✔ The road will be clear by law soon to be able to use the board on the road or on the bike path
✔ You can learn tricks and get a new hobby - or expand the hobby
✘ The purchase price can be high depending on the model
✘ At the moment, the recharge time is quite short compared to the time of use - batteries that recharge by braking work a bit against it
✘ It takes a while to master the device
What you should consider when buying
That was a lot of information right? The topic is big and we can not go into anything, that would go beyond the scope. Nevertheless, we can tell you a few things on what to look for when buying an electric skateboard:
❍ how long do you want to ride the board? Higher placed boards have a range of 30 km
❍ how fast do you want to drive? Up to 40 km / h can be reached at the moment
❍ Which variant do you prefer? A longboard offers a lot of space, so you can do tricks with it. Or dancing
❍ You prefer to go outdoors? Then you may need more power and larger wheels
❍ which drive (belt or wheel) is the right one for you?
What accessories do you want for your skateboard?
❍ how long may it load?
❍ should it be compatible with LED technology or apps?
❍ how hard are you? Your weight also affects the duration of the performance
Where can I drive with an electronic skateboard?
To be really safe, the e-board would need reflectors, lights, a bell. Since it is motorized and can drive fast over 6 km / h, also an insurance. That this can not work is clear and so an e-board must remain on private roads and terrain. Still! Because currently (as of May 2019) is debated about the e-movement to move more.
How fast can an e-longboard go?
Currently, most devices are designed for 15 - 40 km / h
How long does it take for my board to be recharged?
This varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and can take hours between 2 and 5.
Is more expensive the same?
Jain. Quality has its price. Good boards start at 500 Euro. But then they are also designed for a longer distance and robustness. You can also spend 2000 € on a skateboard. Does not mean that it is four times better.
Conclusion - electric skateboard
Not quite yet, but soon - it all looks like the technology with the power Forward-looking and so are the smallest electric means of transport, the e-scooters and e-longboards meant. The cities are getting fuller and the legislation has to act.
That means you're not allowed on the street with your e-skateboard yet, but it's estimated that this will change soon. And that's where the main argument lies. Because then you can go to work on the streets with it. Until then just practice in the yard. Because "surfing" requires a little practice.
Even for the little ones, there are the boards already, of course, child-friendly. We recommend starting with a beginner model. Professional equipment costs fast 2000 € and more. They also have more power, more range, more gimmicks.
This is definitely a lot of fun. Just put it on and you're ready to go. Up to 30 km, to 40 km / h. And the control is in your hands.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling electric skateboard products 2022 on Honest Tests
- 🏂 【𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐊𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐀: easy...
- 🏂【𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐆】：Maximum inclination 15 ° -20 ° (depending on the weight of the driver), rotation angle 360...
- 🏂【𝐊𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐑】: Charging time about 3-4 hours ， Top speed 28 km / h...
- 🏂【𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐒】: This electric skateboard can not be ridden on the main road and public road....
- 🏂【𝐊𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐍𝐈𝐒】: HOVERMAX electric longboard uses...
- 🏂【𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐆𝐄𝐙𝐄𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐆】: HOVERMAX electric skateboard is equipped with a...
- 【Easy to transport】 Thanks to its low weight - 3,7 kg - the electric skateboard is easily transportable, so that it can be ...
- 【Good Range for City Travel】This electric skateboard is equipped with 29,4V 2200mAh lithium-ion batteries. With a...
- Stable construction: The axes are made of high-quality materials and can be gradually adjusted to the desired hardness ...
- ✦ 700 W brushless double hub motor - This electric skateboard is equipped with a 350 W x 2 double motor so that the electric skateboard ...
- ✦ 29,4V 4000mAh lithium battery - The Caroma electric skateboard for adults is equipped with a new generation 29,4V 4000mAh lithium battery ...
- ✦ Ergonomic wireless remote control - The motorized skateboard comes with a 2,4 GHz wireless remote control that has a range ...
- 800W double hub motor: This electric skateboard is equipped with a 800W double motor, one-touch start via the remote control so that the ...
- 7-ply maple board: Strong but flexible 7-ply maple deck, 97mm PU wheels, longboard 35,8 inches, 11 inches wide, load 130KG, ...
- Battery: 10S 2P 18650 cell, 216Wh, which can be fully charged in just 4 hours. Its practicality is about 15-20KM. Perfect...
- 【8-layer maple board】 The surface of the electric skateboard is made of high-quality 8-layer maple wood, which is not easy to break ...
- 【2000mAh lithium battery】 The electric longboard is equipped with a 29,4 V 2000 mAh lithium battery, which can be charged in just 2 hours ...
- 【350W resistance-free motor】 The electric skateboard is a resistance-free motor, even if the skateboard has no power, it can always ...
- 【Good quality and safety】: This electric skateboard is very robust, consists of 7 layers of hard maple deck and is equipped with light ...
- 【Wireless remote control】: Intelligent wireless remote control is sensitive, can be switched freely, accelerate and decelerate, ...
- 【Fast-charging lithium battery】: The electric skateboard uses a 24V 2200mAh high-performance lithium battery, input voltage: ...
- ✓ 700W high-speed dual motor - 350W * 2 high-performance brushless motor that provides smooth performance and ...
- ✓ 29,4V 4000MAH Long battery life - This electric longboard is equipped with a new generation 29,4V 4000mAh (117,6 Wh) lithium battery ...
- ✓ Wireless 2,4 GHz remote control - An ergonomic wireless 2,4 GHz remote control with 3 speeds that allows you to control your ...
- 【350W brushless motor】 The powerful 350W brushless hub motor has strong driving force and can achieve super-fast ...
- 【Super battery life】 29,4 V / 2000 mAh lithium battery, the battery life can be up to 10-12 km, which is enough to charge many times between ...
- 【Wireless remote control】 Provide a 2,4 GHz wireless remote control that allows you to move forward, backward, accelerate and ...
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | FITNESS | You like product testing read?
- Test: Super Powerbank for Notebooks and Smartphones | USB-C | USB-PD | 26.800 mAh | by Aukey
- DEERC 300E & 302E: RC car tuning – buy + assemble 3S Li-Po battery & LED lighting | Do-it-yourself repair & bumper skin
- AUKEY EP-T25 TWS headphones | In-ear | Bluetooth | USB-C charge
- Wildlife camera Apeman H60 in the test | Camera trap for animals
- Test: Ring Video Doorbell | Doorbell with video camera
- Test: TonieBox by Tonies | Music & radio plays for children
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to an electric skateboard test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a electric skateboard If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Honest tests you can find some tests (including pool, FITNESS, Home & garden) & Guide (including Smart Home, Beauty, Handcraft) who can help you further.
How to easily find the best electric skateboard product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the purchase of the product electric skateboard?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. Nevertheless, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare your found electric skateboard products. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can vary greatly.
Which manufacturers or brands produce electric skateboards?
If you are looking for an "Electric Skateboard" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & characteristics do I need for an electric skateboard and which do I not?
How to choose the best electric skateboard product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about electronic skateboard products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Electro skateboard reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few electro skateboard products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative electric skateboard reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong electric skateboard product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the electric skateboard product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the electric skateboard product for a while, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will bring you further insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and use of your upcoming electric skateboard purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for problems with an electric skateboard?
⭐ Ask for experiences and tips in your personal area on the subject of electro skateboards or products.
⭐ The Honest Tests top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular electric skateboard products with links to ratings & reviews, where you can find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find an electric skateboard test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with electro skateboard test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here electro skateboard test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example electro skateboard test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest electro skateboard test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing electro skateboard test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here electro skateboard test check.
How to buy an electric skateboard! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬Popular dealers for electro skateboard products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for electric skateboards are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying an electric skateboard?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could add a price alert to your electric skateboard product. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your electric skateboard product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Tip: A Gift Idea or Birthday gifts should never be cheap products, don't give away anything that you wouldn't use yourself in terms of quality.
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the electric skateboard product.
Amazon.de * offers many different ways to analyze a product well. With the buying guide you will surely find some electro skateboardTests or electro skateboard comparisons.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
Recommended reading: massage gun, Fitness Bike, product testing
honest-tests.de can you do good Order electronic skateboard products online at good prices – Buy electric skateboard online. Simply order electronic skateboards online, find electronic skateboard products and buy electro skateboard products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or order electronic skateboard products on the Internet. Buy an electric skateboard: Order good products like electric skateboards online - at a good price! Search for an electro skateboard – find an electro skateboard – order an electro skateboard online!
The Honest Tests Website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products, such as electric skateboards, at good prices on the Internet and to order electric skateboard products directly to your home.
If you want to order electric skateboards online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying electronic skateboard products is so easy! - Super easy to order electronic skateboard products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 24.03.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs