Cordless grass and shrub shears: The reason for my purchase was that I have a lot of furniture and decorative items on my approximately 60 m2 lawn and I was therefore looking for a cordless grass and shrub shear that cuts exactly the places that are Lawnmower does not work.
The scissors from Gardena has an integrated battery and is offered with a charger. The total price is around 100 euros as a set and is offered with knife protection for storage.
I have tested the battery-operated scissors and state the strengths and weaknesses in the following text.
Battery shrub shears in comparison
Adjustment options / handling
The Gardena battery grass and shrub shears lie comfortable in the handHowever, the weight of 800 grams can be a bit difficult to maintain in the long run. Basically, commissioning is kept quite simple, only the unlocking and power buttons have to be pressed at the same time. The Knives are very sharp and you should therefore always take care of your own safety. Nevertheless, I find the handling to be pleasant, the operation itself is absolutely self-explanatory.
The Handle is with rubber covered, so that a long use can take place without problems. In addition, the comfort handle can be angled depending on the application and optimally adapts to the natural hand position.
After the battery is fully charged, which can be seen from the built-in LED, the cut can already begin. The operating time in one piece is limited by the manufacturer to 90 minutes before another charging process is necessary.
- Cutting width grass knife: 8 cm
- Cutting length shrub knife: 18 cm
- Quality knife non-stick coated: yes
The Knives can be changed at will. Amazingly, you don't need any tools for this, you can change it yourself.
First use - good result?
I first started working on the overhanging grass on the sandpit, which I usually cut with manual scissors, which I found to be insufficient and too time-consuming for a while. Gardena cordless grass and shrub shears have an enormous advantage here due to the continuously rotating blades. You save a lot of time in practice.
Here, however, I noticed that the grass, especially from a certain height - in my case about 10cm - difficult to cut is because the grass is already very soft and slack. The scissors got through here, but I needed a few more attempts in the test. Otherwise that was Result really good and clean.
I could also use the Gardena cordless grass and shrub shears work very well and remove turf. What I noticed, however, is that to switch on the scissors, two buttons - one to unlock, the other to switch on - have to be pressed at the same time. In the long term, I found that to be less ergonomic and annoying in the practical test.
Now I still have to deal with various Bushes made. I had far less inconvenience here, as apparently coarser branches and bushes can be cut more easily. The result was great here!
Overall, I am satisfied with the way the Gardena cordless grass and shrub shears work and how they are handled. In particular, the permanent cutting through the battery operation simplifies the work a lot and you save enormous amount of time.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Good battery capacity
- Easy handling
- Sharp knife for straight cuts
- Including safety devices
- Well suited for shrubs
- Tall grass is difficult to cut
- Switching on is a bit cumbersome and less ergonomic in the long run
Conclusion: Gardena battery grass and shrub shears
In my test, the Gardena cordless grass and shrub shears cut off positively. With the help of the strong battery, long operation can be carried out without breaks. In my practical test on 60m2 I saved 15 minutes compared to the handy scissors.
The The result was satisfactory, even if Gardena can still revise the weaknesses mentioned above. Overall, the device is absolutely a relief for everyone.
I find the price of around 100 euros to be marginal, but in my opinion it could be a bit lower.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling cordless shrub shears products 2022 on Honest Tests
- Handy cordless grass and shrub shears for precise cutting of lawn edges and topiary of box and shrubs
- Including shrub knife
- Fast, extremely easy and safe - knife change without tools
- The helper for the greenery at home: independent of power sources, efficient and powerful with flexibly adaptable equipment for shrubs...
- To each his own: Grass cutting blade and shrub shear blade with laser-cut and diamond-ground blades for individual...
- Comfortable and safe to use thanks to the soft grip and tool-free blade change.
- Stihl HSA 26 cordless shrub shears with AS2 and AL1
- Lightweight and handy cordless grass / shrub shear
- Stainless knife sharpened on both sides
- Stainless shear blade
- Robust cordless grass shears including a practical shrub shear blade for comfortable and flexible garden care from spring to autumn
- Including grass cutting blade and shrub shear blade with tool-free blade change for quick use as grass shears or...
- Ergonomic soft grip on the grip surfaces
- Battery grass and shrub shears Set Isio - the helper for daily gardening
- Relaxed work without interruptions thanks to Anti Blocking System
- Multifunctional: A new range of Multi-Click attachments makes the Isio even more versatile
- 3 in 1: Grass, shrub and shape-cutting scissors in a lithium-ion technology device for sculpting, cutting and trimming
- Up to 100 minutes runtime with only 900 gram weight
- Power under control: Compact, handy device with anti-lock system for additional cutting performance
- 3-in-1 Shrub and Grass Shears: 3 blade attachments in the package, for shrub trimming and for grass. A release button allows...
- Handle with ergonomic design ensures a particularly easy handling and effortless work
- With a release button, the blade can be changed easily and quickly according to your needs.height of lawns or hedges...
- Powerful, integrated 3,6 V battery (1,5 Ah)
- Grass shear attachment, hedge and shrub shear attachment included.
- Quick, tool-free change of attachments.
- The Easy garden tools from Bosch - for small and medium-sized gardens
- 2-in-1 tool: Trim and shape shrubs and lawn edges by simply swapping the grass shear blade and shrub shear blade
- Tool-free knife change: change from shrub shear knife to grass shear blade in just a few simple steps
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | Fitness | You like product testing read?
- Test: Kärcher high-pressure cleaner K3 | Premium Power Control
- USB charger for power outlet - Anker PowerIQ
- Peanut butter from Argentina | without palm oil | no added sugar
- Test: Dyson V11 Animal Extra cordless vacuum cleaner
- Review: Bose Sound Touch 10 | wireless music system
- Time Cube Test: Time management cubes for your effective time management
Recommended reading: Robot lawn mower here
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 28.05.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs