Metal detector Top 10
Beep ... beep ... beepieppiiiiiip! You hastily reach for the spade and ... again just a tin can instead of Vikings - gold. You need more than a digital wicker rod to wrest your treasures from the ground. That much is certain. In this buying guide we will find out what you need to be successful. Where your limits are, what the right says, and what you should pay attention to when buying a metal detector to probe. In this case, not everything that glitters is gold. - Top 10 metal detector
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Metal detector top 10 - in comparison
What is a metal detector needed for?
Hobby or profession. The following is great. Why? In archeology, the paclins are used as well as for the hobby. Exciting, one of the last treasure hunts of the 21. Century. If you are on your own ground, this is less of a problem. For foreign land you need a permission of the owner. At least. And you can not keep the found treasure for a long time.
Construction metal detector
The heart of a metal detector is a search coil. This can be constructed either as a plate, a ring, a cylinder or Kernlos. This search coil then sends signals directly into a display attached to the handle. The display is analogue or digital and is supported by acoustic signals.
Functions metal detector
Pulse induction technology or alternating current? Here already begin the differences of the detectors. In structure, they are almost identical. They are usually operated with one hand and swing the detector on a handle on the ground.
Apart from the acoustic signal, there is also an indicator. Either with LED technology, pointer or with a so - called PinPointer. He then tells you again where exactly there is something. This can save a lot of time because you do not always have to dig and then search again.
❃ The bigger the deeper: mostly small items, such as coins, are found at a depth of up to 20 cm. Larger objects can also be located in several meters.
Pulse measurement v. AC
There are two major differences in the field of measurement technology. Pulse measurement and AC excitation. What does that mean exactly?
At regular intervals in the pulse measurement method, a magnetic field pulse is ejected. If there is something suitable (metallic) in the vicinity, it creates a vortex. And these whirls, in turn, become measurable. This is particularly advantageous for the reason that it is possible to distinguish the size and also the type of metal. This pulse measurement can thus differentiate greatly.
The AC measurement is knitted differently. The alternating current is generated directly in the coil itself. If this voltage now hits a metallic object, the voltage of the current in the coil changes and a signal can be given. Associated with other frequencies, additional information can be obtained.
»Weight: a little 2,5 kilos
»Price: from about 80 € to several thousand
»Display: digital or manual
»Electricity: battery or rechargeable battery
»Depth: up to 12 meters
»Technology: radio or digital
»Presets: for different metals
»Presets for finding specific metals
»Available for different body sizes and also for children
There are also: metal detectors for probing under water. There is a maximum of 60 meters. They work just like the detectors in the country, but differ little. They also have an automatic ground balance, sensitivity areas, ergonomically shaped handles and the popular PinPoint function. In between there are also detectors with which you can probe in (beach) water. The coil is waterproof, but the device as such is not.
Analog devices do not require as much power, but are not as accurate. The signals are only acoustic. This can make it rather tedious to sort out in advance whether it is total garbage or something really valuable. On the other hand, if you are only on the road for the joy of fun, or if you are on a mission to find a lost item, an analog device could be an inexpensive alternative.
What sounds so lofty is actually just: AUS. Every light. Everything. If you can often connect headphones to the device, you will get the acoustic signals directly into your ear. The reasoning behind it: who goes in the dark on the treasure hunt, is not seen, and accordingly, not the best sites are disputed.
Maybe you have already discovered on your phone that there are also metal detector apps. Yes, they exist. This can be done by measuring the magnetic field and you can also find iron or nickel or cobalt. In lines, for example. What does not work is gold or silver.
➤ Attention: The environment also plays a role. Smartphone signals, LTE transmitters as well as mineral oil-containing floors and high-voltage pylons can interfere with the coil.
Differences beginners and professional device
Entry-level devices are available for less than a hundred euros. But are they good for something? Sure, everyone starts out small and if you are not sure whether the new device is something for you, you don't have to invest € 2000 to get a sniff. But you want it, because the requirements simply increase with the duration of use. If you feel like it, you can immediately look for a higher-quality device. With the professional devices it is like everywhere with the technology: the fine tuning does it. The more expensive devices are better and also finer adjustable, reach a deeper depth and are also of higher quality in handling.
Possibilities of use
What do you actually need something for? Not only hop or top, but also in between. The detectors are used inter alia:
★ in archeology (full-time and also as an assistant)
★ in the order search
★ meteorite search
★ underwater - search (professional and as a hobby)
★ for finding keys, rings ect.
★ look for gold
★ Find piping
★ Find electrical conductors
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Headphones, Bag, batteries / charging options. If you want to use your detector with pleasure for a long time, you should inquire in advance about handling, transport and also safety. A bag is great so that the device does not get dusty when not in use and also to be able to transport it more safely and better. Headphones make it more targeted and goofy if you simply don't have the power on the go.
Laws in Germany
In Germany there is a different approval requirement in every federal state. That makes it a bit complicated. It is best, since the information also differs greatly, to inquire immediately at the local office for archeology. Why? The task of the archaeologists is to reconstruct the story. This only works in very few cases where the city and district archeology relies on public funds. This works better if a self-inflicting principle applies (as in Bavaria, for example) but often simply leads to the cellar being refilled very quickly.
Anyone who goes there now and drifts and finds a pile of coins, is happy in most cases, in the least he does the right thing. Report it. Because: the find is not so important in archeology (except for exceptions) (for the reason the treasure is often shared) as the finding. Say in what context the find stands for the place. Unfortunately, many finders do not report their most interesting finds or destroy the findings irrevocably. They destroy the possibility of understanding deeper connections. For that reason it is said:
"Investigations, in particular excavations or the use of technical search devices (metal detectors) with the aim of discovering monuments, especially ground features, require the approval of the (top) monument protection authority"
The digging itself is prohibited for the first time and in principle. Different: just finding a treasure is something else than digging for it. If you want to search for gold on the beach, you can pick it up, not dig it up. Unless he has permission to do so.
✽ What is the right way to behave? ✽
In most cases, it is sufficient to briefly contact the office and follow the rules that differ from state to state - these are not arbitrary in the world, but to protect history. Next, you also have to have a short chat with the property owner - in the case of a find, this happens on his property.
Again, this means in most cases: picking up the ground is something else than to pimp it afterwards and dig it out. Bulgaria even bans it altogether, while in the UK and Ireland at least one license can be obtained.
Advantages and disadvantages
Here we have listed the advantages and disadvantages in bullet points.
✔ Depending on the device, the detectors can detect all types of metal
✔ You can turn your hobby into a profession
✔ The detectors are also available for children
✔ You can earn money by acting on behalf of
✘ high quality devices have their legitimate but proud price
✘ You should think carefully about the purchase in advance
✘ and must not disregard the law
✘ It takes a lot of practice to master the technique and the handling
What you should consider when buying
If you've decided to buy a metal detector, whether it's a beginner or professional, you'll want to pay attention to some of the little things we've collected here for you:
- How much money do I want to spend?
- which system do I consider the best for my project?
- how heavy should the detector be? / How often do I travel with it?
- Does my height fit the metal detector to lull?
- can the detector adapt to the ground? (Everything else is quite exhausting in the long run)
- What about the power supply? Is that also suitable for my project?
- may I get the accessories I want?
- is the metal detector weatherproof?
- can I transport it easily? For example because I can shorten it with a telescopic pole?
- are there clear sounds?
- can the detector discriminate (metal discrimination?
However, if you are dealing with such a device for the first time, be happy to get advice from a real person. It is also important to hold the device of your choice in your hand. Because they all feel different. And even if you think two kilos are not that difficult, don't be fooled. In the long run, this can be quite unwieldy if you are not used to it. The various settings are anything but intuitive on some devices. Hence the recommendation to make yourself smart, test and try it and then look around on the Internet, because there are often good offers from the manufacturers.
History metal detector
Mining was looking for a better way to find valuable metals in 1870. So the detector is a child of treasure hunting and promotion. It took a while for the development to become socially acceptable. Until 1930. Gerhard Fischer discovered that radio waves and metal could be deflected. The transistor was later invented, which made the detectors more manageable. Further modifications such as the frequency adjustment were developed and it was not long before the metal detectors found their way into private households.
Metal detectors for probing and for treasure hunts are a demanding hobby, which can also be turned into a profession. If you familiarize yourself a little with the different options and also have the right understanding of the (unfortunately necessary) right, you can look forward to a very exciting time. Of course, some practice is also required.
A new tool always takes a little time and patience. However, this can be very promising. Looking for gold on the beach, finding things or volunteering for history and science, maybe making a career out of it. A metal detector has infinite potential to be used and not just for a treasure hunt!
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling metal detector products 2023 on Honest Tests
- The best gift for your family, lively emojis - 3 metals have 3 cute moving emojis: 1. ferrous metals such as nails and screws;...
- Improved detection system and beep - 3 types of metal objects have 3 different audio signals. 1. ferrous metal, bass 2....
- Ergonomic and more detailed design - the handle features a non-slip bar to help you grip tighter. A...
- PROFESSIONAL METAL DETECTOR FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN: DR.ÖTEK's MT-XR, the premium metal detector set from our range, offers 5 modes, including...
- WATERPROOF SEARCH COIL: The 25 cm wide search coil can detect coins up to 25,4 cm underground and is suitable for searching in shallow water ...
- ADJUSTABLE DEPTH AND SENSITIVITY: Select the depth display - 5cm, 10cm, 15cm, 20cm. Thanks to the 5-stage...
- Exclusive Scene Modes - This updated version of the metal detector offers 6 detection modes including 3 classic modes: All-Metal, DISC...
- Easy and intuitive to use - The various settings can be made with a simple long or short press of a button....
- Adjustable and new straight handle - The design with the new ergonomic straight handle has just the right inclination for hours of ...
- It is a very easy to use model, both on the water and on the ground.
- The Nokta Makro Simplex is waterproof and can be used in both fresh and salt water up to a depth of 3 meters.
- The Nokta Makro Simplex has 4 preset search modes (All Metal, Park, Terrace, Beach).
- 360 DEGREE PROBE AND THREE OPTIONAL MODES: The SUNPOW metal detector pinpointer 360° probe design expands the detection area and reduces the ...
- COMPLETELY WATERPROOF DESIGN: In any weather, or heavy rain, even in the lakes, rivers, ponds and oceans, you can ...
- DEPTH DETECTION OF DIFFERENT METALS: SUNPOW metal detector can target the object quickly and accurately (up to 11 cm)! He can iron...
- 🧭FULL PACKAGE FOR YOUR TREASURE HUNTING:Package included: 1 × waterproof metal detector, 1 × carrying case, 2 × 9-V battery, 1 × ...
- 🧭WATERPROOF & WIDE RANGE: The waterproof search coil enables treasure hunting in shallow water. Perfect for outdoors like...
- 🧭Pointer display and easy operation: OMMO latest metal detector with pointer screen to display all parameters such as detection mode, ...
- Easy to use and lightweight, the metal detector detects all types of metal. The detector has 3 search modes and is equipped with a...
- The toggle switch allows quick switching between Discrimination, ALL-METAL and 2-Tone search modes. In addition, a...
- Other features include a built-in speaker, length-adjustable stem, ¼-inch headphone jack, and padded armrest...
- ✅ PATENT FOR GERMANY - Our patented, professional gold & silver detector for probes convinces with 4 targeted modes: ...
- ✅ ILLUMINATED DISPLAY − Our gold detector has an illuminated display with adjustable brightness for dark environments. The special...
- ✅ WATERPROOF SEARCH COIL - The metal detector has a waterproof search coil and is suitable for searching on the beach and in shallow waters ...
- Test: Aukey InEar EP-B40 Bluetooth headphones
- Test: StyleCare Prestige | Automatic curling iron
- Test: 14 vegan spreads tested Zwergenwiese
- Mobile office: Ecoflow Delta Max 2000 power station + Ecoflow 400W solar panel foldable
- Kärcher cordless window vacuum test
- Tested: spy camera in the AC adapter
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a metal detector test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Metal Detector If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
How to easily find the best metal detector product for you!
What purchase expectations do I have of the metal detector product?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. However, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the metal detector product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare your found metal detector products. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers or brands produce metal detectors?
If you are looking for a "metal detector" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & characteristics do I need for metal detectors and which do I not?
How to choose the best metal detector product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about metal detector products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Metal detector reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few metal detector products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative metal detector reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong metal detector product for themselves or who did not get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the metal detector product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the metal detector product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will give you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming metal detector purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for problems with metal detectors?
⭐ Ask for experiences and tips in your personal area on the subject of metal detectors or products.
⭐ Honest Tests Top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular Metal Detector products with links to Ratings & Reviews, where you can find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a metal detector test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Metal Detector Test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Metal Detector Test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Metal detector test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Metal Detector Test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Metal Detector Test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Metal Detector Test check.
How to buy metal detector! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for metal detector products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for metal detectors are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying a metal detector?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could add a price alert to your metal detector product. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your metal detector product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the metal detector product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
On honest-tests.de can you do good Order metal detector products online at good prices – Buy metal detector online. Simply order metal detector online, find metal detector products and Buy metal detector products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or want to order metal detector products on the Internet. Buy a metal detector: Order good products like metal detector online - at a good price! Search metal detector – find metal detector – order metal detector online!
The honest tests website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as metal detectors at good prices on the Internet and to order metal detector products directly to your home.
If you want to order metal detectors online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and to order we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon. Buying metal detector products is so easy! - Super easy to order metal detector products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 6.12.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs