Why lay a natural stone carpet?
Quickly laid, cool design, super clean. These are natural stone carpets. Stone carpets are the answer to wooden panels or PVC floors. Is such a natural stone carpet even natural or does it appear deceptive? How is it actually moved? Is there a special need for care? What options do you have if you want a natural stone carpet? Is it also suitable for outdoors?
Many questions are open, here we will clarify some and we have put together a concentrated overview for you: Natural stone carpet guide!
Natural stone carpet
[su_youtube url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7G9nCw0uw“ height=“500″]
What is a natural stone carpet?
The word is actually a little deceptive. Natural stone carpet is not a carpet, it only looks that way because it is completely seamless. It flows across your floor if you want, or it can be accented. Patterns or letters are also possible. Basically, this is the most creative way to illuminate your floor at home or in your company from different aspects.
Tile or laid yourself: The natural stone carpet is very grateful to be handled and it does not require any special skill to lay it yourself. You should be in control of your work, however.
The most beautiful thing about a natural stone carpet, however, is its diversity: You can choose almost any color - even semi-precious stones!
Natural stone carpet components
Let's get to the recipe, what is a natural stone carpet made of? This is how rough the ingredients for a natural stone carpet are 94% stone and about 6-8% (varies depending on the manufacturer). binder such as epoxy resin join them and connect the stones to a carpet. Epoxy resin is a synthetic resin, which is additionally stabilized with a hardener. The resin is stretchy and stable at the same time. That of course makes it particularly suitable for such a natural stone carpet.
The stones themselves often consist of:
- quartz sand
- Gravel mixes
- Semi-precious stones
- and more
Colorful mixtures of the stones can also be purchased to make the floor even more colorful.
Maybe the size also matters? Yes - and that's why the selection is even more extensive, because the stones are available in different grain sizes. Often the dealers also sell very interesting mixtures. These include natural stone carpets that glisten beautifully, or those that swallow the light. Interesting contrasts can be achieved in this way.
Magical gemstone carpets
Gemstones? Yes-. Some manufacturers also sell natural stone carpets with semi-precious stones. This can be rock crystal, tiger's eye or amethyst, different quartz complement and round off. Such a carpet is of course not that cheap - but what if you have the opportunity to stroll on magical semi-precious stones? Just imagine a bathroom that glitters with warm candlelight while you lie in the bathtub filled with warm water and foam!
Natural stone carpet creative
If you think you have to go for the same rug for each room or project, thank goodness you're wrong. You can play extensively with different shapes! How about:
- Lay different patterns
- Create visual room dividers
- Embed symbols
Such things are not necessarily easy, but with a little practice and a little skill, a visual event can be created with a natural stone carpet! For example, you could have a light or dark river flow through your room. You could divide the room into differently defined areas. You should also choose to paint the wall with a stone carpet - such possibilities can be used to set artistic accents!
Where is natural stone carpet suitable?
Not really an idea where you can lay a natural stone carpet? How about this:
- Utility rooms
- Modern living spaces
- Pool edging
- Garden paths (conditional)
- also: walls
A walk-in bathroom, maybe for your grandparents. If you have to renovate anyway, a natural stone carpet is also easy to care for! Basements, kitchens, living rooms, offices and even walls can be beautifully embellished with this material.
Natural stone carpet interior
Real dreams can come true indoors:
Natural stone carpet in the bathroom
Natural stone carpets are great to lay in a bathroom. Materials that are waterproof can be used here. Patterns can be introduced, visual borders can be created.
Do you have an idea how you would like to divide your bathroom into different oases? No problem: because the stone carpets can also be attached to the wall.
Natural stone carpet in the kitchen
A stone carpet is also a great gadget in the kitchen - if you use it to decorate the walls, you can wash the walls too. This is particularly good in narrow kitchenettes or separated cooking areas.
Natural stone carpet in utility rooms
Things can go haywire in utility rooms. An overflowing drain, jam boiling over, dirty shoes. If you carpeted your utility room with natural stone, it can be cleaned easily. Of course, what you need is a built-in drain.
Natural stone carpet outside
Do you have a pool? Or a large garden? You can perfectly complement the outer border of a pool with a natural stone carpet. Easy to clean, frost-proof in winter, free from algae. Perfect right?
There are practical ones for your pool pool robotthat you can bring home for the next season!
Natural stone carpet stairs
Have you already thought of natural stone carpeted stairs? These can be put on both inside and outside and are not only particularly chic, but also suitable for allergy sufferers. They can be integrated into modern living and look pretty cool. They are easy to care for and do not slip in winter. Inside, they just need to be swept off and wiped with a damp cloth - that's it!
How is natural stone carpet laid?
Natural stone carpet required a straight surface. In no case does this mean problems! The natural stone carpet is also particularly suitable for underfloor heating. It stays in pleasant temperatures and is easy to clean.
The substrate sets the first tone when laying the natural stone carpet. You may need different primers for the different substrates. Screed, concrete or even on tiles? In general, a distinction is made between absorbent and non-absorbent substrates. For most substrates, however, one is sufficient 2K epoxy resin primer.
|1||Epoxy resin with hardener | 0,8kg GRP set | Professional quality ... *||16,95€||To the offer ➤|
|2||Epoxy resin with hardener | 3,25kg GRP set | Professional quality ... *||2.330 Reviews||37,99€||To the offer ➤|
|3||Sikafloor-150 2K low viscosity epoxy resin primer 10kg ... *||379,36€||To the offer ➤|
|4||Resin Pro - 320 G Transparent Epoxy Resin & Hardener -... *||791 Reviews||17,88€||To the offer ➤|
|5||5-minute epoxy 200g 2 component adhesive, synthetic resin with ... *||201 Reviews||12,90€||To the offer ➤|
|6||3 KG epoxy resin 2K EpoxyPlast 100P wood crystal clear ... *||1.555 Reviews||34,89€||To the offer ➤|
So that all of this works smoothly and without errors, you should ask a professional on site.
Natural stone carpet care
The natural stone carpet is very grateful for its cleaning and care. Who for example a Robot vacuum cleaner can use it on the floor without any problems!
Indoor maintenance is more than simple. The floor can be conveniently vacuumed. Since the stone floor is antistatic, the dust simply stays on the floor. Light stains can be wiped off with warm water and a dash of universal cleaner (mild) with a damp cloth. Bigger spots? Then a brush will also help.
The floor can be cleaned more thoroughly every six to twelve months. Spray or steam vacuum cleaners are suitable here. Special cleaners for stone or ceramic floors are suitable as additives for the water.
Vinegar should never be used. The acid it contains makes the soil dull and fragile.
Cleaning outside area
A similar procedure can be used for the outside area. A high-pressure cleaner is also suitable here (depending on the thickness of the floor). However, this should not be used too brutally, otherwise individual elements could come loose in extreme cases.
Thoroughly clean the natural stone carpet once in spring and autumn, it's worth it. In this way, the drainage capacity is well preserved. Deposits are also easily removed using special cleaners.
Important: If joints or damage occur or are found, the floor should be repaired immediately!
Now it may have happened after all: the natural stone carpet has scratches. That happens before, but it's not tragic. Smaller scratches can be easily polished away, larger scratches can be refilled.
Small scratches in the stone carpet
The best way to remove smaller scratches is to drizzle the surface with a little water and then gently rub it with sandpaper in circular motions. Polish by taking a very fine sandpaper and reworking it. When the small scratch is gone, you can polish. There are also polishing pastes especially suitable for natural stone carpets, which you can easily and safely apply with a polishing sponge.
Tip: Before you start repairing your stone carpet, do some research on your floor and, if necessary, seek advice from an expert!
After cleaning and after roughening the surface, deep scratches can be easily refilled with a polyester color paste. This includes mixing putty and hardening paste. Please also follow the manufacturer's information here, as we cannot go into detail about the different products.
When the paste is finally dry, it can be sanded off as usual and then polished in the final step. The repair is done!
Advantages and disadvantages of natural stone carpet
If you want to redecorate your living or work area, your outdoor area or your company, then you could (have) laid a natural stone carpet. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
Advantages of natural stone carpets
✔ You can let your creativity run free
✔ Suitable for allergy sufferers
✔ Suitable for every room
✔ No static charge
✔ For outdoors
✔ No algae formation
✔ For indoor use
✔ Lay in tiles or in liquid form
✔ Excellent floor for underfloor heating
Disadvantages natural stone carpet
✘ Not easy to lay yourself
✘ Expensive depending on the material
Conclusion: stone carpet
A natural stone carpet is something special. You have so many wonderful options: material, surface, semi-precious stones, inside, outside. With a little skill you can even install it yourself. It is easy to clean, it is undemanding and can also be repaired. Allergy sufferers will love the flooring and it is also antistatic.
Do you have a pool How about a new composed appearance? Interesting mosaic?
You can work in patterns, names or symbols. These are creative prospects!
Popular natural stone carpet buy | Buy cheap natural stone carpets online
Top 10 - Natursteinteppich
- 2K stone carpet primer glossy, for concrete, screed, ...
- 2-component epoxy resin bonding agent - Made in Germany -...
- Additional products: marble pebbles, binders, sealing, ...
- With the help of the 2K adhesive primer, the stones stay where they ...
- Set: 25kg Steinteppich Marmorkies inkl. Epoxy Bindemittel, bis...
- Applications: terrace, balcony, bathroom, shower, living room, stairs, ...
- Substrate: concrete, cement, tiles, wood, steel, natural and ...
- Properties: unique look, seamless, frost-proof, ...
Current savings offers
- ✅ Scope of delivery natural stone carpet: 25KG marble gravel + ...
- ✅ High quality stones from Italy and high quality 2k ...
- ✅ Grain size marble-gravel at 4-8mm / range 25kg approx.
- ✅ Comfortable running, thanks to the countless open pores, ...
- Seamless stone carpet including epoxy resin binder -...
- Scope of delivery: marble pebbles + binder, delivered in ...
- Stair renovation with natural stone carpet - the ideal variant ...
- Ideal floor covering with a lot of grip - Resistant, ...
- Marble gravel natural stone, stone carpet, up to 6mm layer thickness, approx.
- Unevenness can be removed without any problems - decorative gravel 20kg ...
- Use: as a stone carpet, garden gravel for driveways, gardens, ...
- Marble gravel, garden gravel, as a decoration or as a marble gravel coating ...
- ☑️ High quality marble gravel for laying a beautiful ...
- ☑️ The marble carpet can easily be used inside or outside ...
- ☑️ High-quality, rounded pebbles in a beautiful color
- ☑️ Including the right amount of our BTT-BM binding agent ...
- Natural, solid stone floor made of natural marble gravel for ...
- Processing in wet rooms such as showers or saunas is ...
- There is no odor nuisance during processing, ...
- For subsequent backfilling (partial backfilling or ...
- ✅ German quality. In use for many years.
- ✅ Good moisture and condensation resistance
- ✅ Durable, impact-resistant and abrasion-resistant resilience
- ✅ Universally applicable primer
- Stone carpet cleaner and care, transparent, works gently, ...
- Cleaner for stone carpets indoors and outdoors - for ...
- Stone carpeting clean the floor with a pleasantly scented floor ...
- BK-107 natural stone carpet cleaning agent, ideal for ...
- ✅ Natural stone carpet is a seamless floor system made of ...
- ✅ Flooring for stairs, terrace, balcony, bathroom, shower, ...
- ✅ Pebble stone carpet set is frost-proof, non-slip, ...
- ✅ Suitable for surfaces such as concrete, natural stone, screed, ...
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
- TEST: Siemens vacuum cleaner Q5.0 - model VSQ5X1230 - powerful & quiet
- 12in1 USB-C Hub | Aukey docking station
- Test: Songmics X Bike - fitness bike | Exercise bike
- Sonic electric toothbrush | Fairywill FW-507 tested
- Test: Gardena cordless grass and shrub shears | Edging Shears
- Test: eufy Security Cam 2C | Homesecurity
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 7.12.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs