Outdoor knife - faithful companion in adventure and in everyday life
Outdoor knives: We can already see in the kitchen that a knife is not just a knife. Sometimes they are too big, too small, too unwieldy, too blurred, for something. Most of the time you need a knife exactly when you don't have one at hand. So that this doesn't happen and you can finally get yourself a good outdoor knife, we have put together everything you need to know in this guide. Here we carve the right thing so that you don't end up with a bad buy.
So: what should make a good outdoor knife? What to consider when buying? Are there differences and if so, what do they look like? What do professionals use? And how does the law actually see the whole matter? All of these questions are answered here: in our guide Outdoor Knives Top 10 - Knives - Outdoor Top 10
Top 10 outdoor knives – in comparison
What is an outdoor knife?
A classic outdoor knife is not only used for adventurers, but also for hunters and "Otto - Normalos". So the knife has to endure a lot. For this reason, it is very often sold as a fixed blade. The blades themselves are robust and also wider than a simple knife. The handles must be easy to grip, nothing should interfere, the blade must be able to be guided very precisely and of course the handle must be non-slip. A good outdoor knife consists of one piece. Why? Because it's just the most stable construction. For the same reason, the blade is usually very thick. Stability is required for the entire knife. From the top to the end of the handle. What is important is adequate protection. The knives should be delivered with the appropriate sheath. These can also be attached to a belt.
Differences to a pocket knife
Uniteash knife excels in the fact that it is a multi-function tool. It is correspondingly small and also flexible in use. From a knife, a small pair of scissors, a couple of screwdrivers, a bottle opener, a corkscrew and, if you're lucky, you get an arrow and a pair of tweezers. The pocket knives can be folded up and easily stowed away. That makes it very compact, but most of them are not useful for large-scale operations.
Differences to the rescue knife
A rescue knife is configured in a specified way. Usually, this knife is also hinged, so it has no fixed blade. You can use it to cut glass and it also has a part of the knife as a saw. These knives are often found in the fire department or rescue workers. In an emergency you can use it to open windows or cut helpless people out of seatbelts. In case of emergancy. Nevertheless, it can be worthwhile to have one in the car.
Design and materials
The materials must be extremely stable. So steel is taken at the good, high-quality models. They are from one part. The handle complements the quality knife. This is made of cuddly plastic. Which exactly is, varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
❕ By the way: the hardness of a material is measured in Rockwell.
What you have to do with an outdoor knife everything
When you're out and about this way, sometimes things come to you that you do not expect, but should be scheduled.
And sometimes you have to cut yourself or something:
Skinny branches gets cut like this outdoor knife anyway. So you can build a reinforcement. Or cut yourself somewhere. To make a fire? Also there, an outdoor knife can be helpful.
Maybe you also dupe somewhere. When climbing or you have to open a package. No problem with such a knife.
With a little skill you can get the can of beans with a knife like that, just as you can cut your food into small pieces. Maybe you also fished and would like to take out a fish locally? Also meat, various packaging materials or other: no problem. The solid knife masters all this playfully.
The gasoline hose on the car must be replaced? Smaller repairs, where you have to cut stronger materials such as harder plastics are now off the table.
It does not always have to be a tactical knife. These knives are also suitable for applied self-defense. But, you have to deal with it. There are courses that deal with it.
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics here !
Care of an outdoor knife
The regular cleaning and care of a tool is important. Before you pack it away for the next adventure, check the condition of your loyal friend.
Clean your knife at regular intervals. Depending on the pollution, water is sufficient. If it has come in contact with blood and at the same time you want to use it for cutting food, please also think of a disinfection. Steel is very easy to maintain and hygienic by nature. Small particles can still adhere to it and be a breeding ground for damage. But not only the blade, but also the handle and the interior of the scabbard must not be neglected.
Sharpening is part of a knife. It does not matter if it's a kitchen knife or a hunting knife. Some manufacturers offer special grinders that adapt well to the corresponding blade. Nothing is more annoying than a knife that does not cut because it just blunted over time.
➽ You have no grinder, are in the middle of nowhere and have a dull knife? In case of need also flat natural stones are suitable. These should be really flat and smooth and can be found in riverbeds. You may also stumble across a brick or use the underside of crockery made of ceramic.
The legal situation
Decisive is the weapon protection law, § 42a. This prohibits passing a fixed knife with a blade over 12 cm and one-handed knives (eg a butterfly). The transport must be carried out in a sealed container. Leading (ie wearing in public) is only allowed if there is a legitimate interest.
For this reason, we generally recommend a blade length of under 12 cm.
Advantages and disadvantages of an outdoor knife
Here we briefly listed the advantages and disadvantages: Benefits
➚ enormous load capacity
➚ with matching accessories
➚ under 12 cm blade also legally no problem
➚ Steel is super easy to clean Disadvantages
➘ can not be folded
➘ a high quality knife can be a bit more expensive
What to look for when buying a knife for outdoor
Already decided that a good outdoor knife belongs in your life from now on? Then you just have to worry about a few things:
- How much money do I want to spend?
- how long should the blade be?
- does the knife and the handle fit to me?
- thought of the accessories?
- Is it easy / hard enough that it fits well in your hand?
On the Internet, the numerous opinions of users help to find the right knife for themselves.
Conclusion: outdoor knife
An outdoor knife is always suitable to carry with you. You have to pay attention to a few little things, then you can start the adventure. You no longer have to ask yourself “what if” - you have almost everything with you. A pocket knife would now complete the equipment. You have to pay attention to quality here as well as to the legal regulations. An outdoor knife is also suitable as a hunting knife, for self-defense, to cut cheese on bread, to open the tin of beans and to open packaging materials.
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling outdoor knife products 2022 on honest tests
- FULL TANG - CONSTRUCTION: The blade of this knife is made of 8Cr14Mov steel, its hardness is 58 HRC and weighs approx. 312.5 g, and is made of ...
- WITH 2.5MM LEATHER SHEATH: There is a leather sheath made of vegetable tanned leather, 2.5mm thick, simple and elegant, which can be hung on the belt ...
- NON-SLIP HANDLE: The handle is made of high-temperature and corrosion-resistant G10 material, which is non-slip and feels comfortable, ...
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - The little brother of the Wolfgangs Ambulo outdoor knife is made of the best 440C steel and is from tip to end ...
- OUTDOOR GIFT SET - You will receive an extensive outdoor set consisting of a fire starter and the large survival knife from Wolfgangs. Delivered...
- LEGAL IN GERMANY - The Wolfgangs W3 outdoor knife with its blade length of 11 cm is absolutely legal to carry. Don't worry if you...
- Full Tang - Our outdoor knife is made from a single block of high-quality D2 steel with a hardness of 60-62 HRC. Very strong you...
- Suitable size - the bushcraft knife has a total length of 23,5 cm, a handle length of 11,5 cm and the blade length in the middle 12,0 ...
- Ergonomic handle - The brown wooden handle of the hunting knife is not only practical, but also looks good when used outdoors....
- BUTTERFLY WITH BLADE - a dummy was installed instead of the blade, pure training equipment
- BUTTERFLY TRAINER - with stainless steel handles, stainless steel blade
- FEATURES - Overall length 25,2 cm, blade length 11,4 cm, weight 124 g, blade thickness 3,7 mm
- 【Black anti-rust coating and bottle opener design】 The cutting body of our outdoor knife survival is covered with black ...
- 【D2 steel and hardwood handle】 Golden Bird Outdoor Knife Full-Tang is made of new D2 steel, which is much better than 5Cr15MoV in hardness and ...
- 【Full-Tang Design and Excellent Appearance】A best survival knife in survival kit is often referred to as full-tang. With a...
- ULTRA SHARP BLADE: This fixed blade knife is made of high quality 440c stainless steel, which is strong and durable. The...
- Unique blade design: With the thumb groove on the surface of the knife, this knife can be gripped firmly so that you can balance ...
- Ergonomic handle: The entire camping knife is equipped with a solid wood handle. The wood material creates a unique...
- 100% PREMIUM MATERIAL - The fixed blade is made of the best D2 steel and is made of a single, ...
- KYDEX HOLSTER WITH CLIP - The outdoor knife comes in a holster made of high-quality Kydex and can be locked in it. In addition, the...
- ORIGINAL BY WOLFGANGS - With original Wolfgangs products you can rely on two things unconditionally: Outstanding ...
- SCHNITZEL TRI - Special Edition - is your outdoor knife for adults and all leisure activities, such as hiking, camping, bushcraft, survival...
- NOBLE TOOL STEEL! CPM 3V by Crucible Industries LLC from the USA. This powder-metallurgical tool steel (59-61 HRC) is...
- DANGLER CARRYING SYSTEM! The ultra-robust and weatherproof Kydex sheath leaves nothing to be desired. She comes with a Dangler attachment...
- Package includes - camping knife * 1, camping hatchet * 1, nylon sheaths * 2, packaging box * 1. The camping knife is approx. 33 cm long and weighs ...
- Non-slip handles - The handles of the outdoor knife and the outdoor ax are made of comfortable wood, ergonomically shaped and with ...
- A Great Outdoor Survival Set - Our camping knife sets are expertly forged and polished to be extremely sharp and tough....
- UNIVERSAL - The Nedfoss fixed outdoor knife is an ideal choice for hiking, camping, trekking, fishing, spending time in the garden, hunting or...
- ROBUST and DURABLE - The Nedfoss outdoor knife is made of high-quality 8Cr14MoV steel and is made of stainless steel from the tip to the end of the handle...
- EASY TO HOLD - Beautiful design and CNC processing are combined in this robust knife. Ergonomic handle made of red wood, has...
- Wildlife camera Apeman H60 in the test | Camera trap for animals
- White tea | Silver Needle from Bouna Classic
- Bluefin vibration plate: lose weight at home
- Drinking tube for PET bottles - water at hand at all times
- Portable air purifier with rechargeable battery + washable air filter | Against dust and pollen for clean indoor air
- Test winner mounting gloves
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2022. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to an outdoor knife test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Outdoormesser If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Buy an outdoor knife - this is how you find the best outdoor knife product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the "outdoor knife" product I'm looking for?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. Nevertheless, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the outdoor knife product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare your found outdoor knife products. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers and brands are available for "outdoor knives"?
If you are looking for an "outdoor knife" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & condition do I need and which do not?
Find & choose the best outdoor knife product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about outdoor knife products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests for outdoor knives?
You now have a few outdoor knife products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong outdoor knife product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the outdoor knife product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the outdoor knife product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will bring you more knowledge about the quality, durability, care, handling and use of your upcoming outdoor knife purchase.
Where can I find ratings, recommendations, reviews, tests, reviews, solutions and tips from other buyers?
⭐ Ask people around you about outdoor knives or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ Honest Tests' top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular outdoor knife products with links to ratings & reviews, where you'll find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find an outdoor knife test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with outdoor knife test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here outdoor knife test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Outdoor knife test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest outdoor knife test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing outdoor knife test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here outdoor knife test check.
Where can I find outdoor knives to buy? 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for outdoor knife products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for outdoor knives are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying an outdoor knife?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your outdoor knife product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your outdoor knife product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the outdoor knife product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
honest-tests.de can you do good Order outdoor knives products online at good prices – Buy outdoor knives online. Simply order outdoor knives online, find outdoor knife products and Buy outdoor knife products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or order outdoor knife products online. Buy an outdoor knife: Order good products like outdoor knives online - at a good price! Search for outdoor knives – find outdoor knives – order outdoor knives online!
The honest tests website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as outdoor knives at good prices on the Internet and to order outdoor knife products directly to your home.
If you want to order outdoor knives online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and to order we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon. Buying outdoor knife products is so easy! - Super easy to order outdoor knife products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 4.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs