Pool heating | How to heat up your pool
My smart home - my pool - my staff. Practical when everything is ready, whenever you want. Housekeeping is expensive, so technology has taken over. If you want it more than comfy, you can buy a pool heater for your swimming pool. It can also be used to relax in winter. And that can also contribute to better health. Here you can find out what you need for a pool heater, how it works, what options you have, what you should pay attention to when buying a pool heater. - pool heating | How to heat up your pool
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics here !
Pool heating - in comparison
Pool heating - what is it?
pool heating The pool water not only heats via the normal heating system of the house, but also works completely independently. There are various possible solutions, which we will deal with in retrospect.
Almost all heaters work in such a way that the cold pool water in the heater is heated and then released again. Here, solar or electricity are leading. Swimming pools, whirlpools or paddling pools: you can find the right model for you for every swimming pool size. Fixed installation or flexible use.
Possibilities pool heating
Pool - high quality heat pumps work efficiently, quietly and energy saving. The performance of the pool heating must always be taken into account. The larger the pool, the more power the technology needs - at least if you don't want to wait a week to relax in the water.
Attention to the water: If you use salt water or your chloride content is more than 0,1 percent, the heat exchanger must be made of titanium.
Sitting in the warm pool at sub-zero temperatures? This works out. Some heat pumps work up to minus 7 degrees. Today's devices are amazingly effective, which will also affect the electricity bill. The heat pumps often work like a refrigerator - only upside down. A heat pump sucks in cold air, the energy it contains is extracted and the heat is drawn into the pump.
Heat pump size of the basin
The power (kW) the pump must have to be able to heat the pool by approximately 0,25 degrees per hour has been determined as follows:
- 9kW = 30-40m³
- 12 kW = 40 - 60 m³
- 16kW = 50-80m³
For your schedule, this means that you have to heat around 40 hours in a 40m³ pool if you want to have 10 degrees more temperature.
What is a COP factor? The COP factor describes performance efficiency. The higher the number, the more effectively the pump works and the lower the electricity bill.
Benefits of heat pumps
✔ Significantly cheaper than electricity heating
✔ Suitable for all pools
✔ Good models work very energy efficiently
Disadvantages heat pump
✘ Acquisition price higher
✘ The heat pump must be in the fresh air
Solar heating sounds good, it is. Even if it cannot be used as far into the year as a heat pump heater. The principle works like a solar shower or even like the solar cells on a roof: The solar energy is stored in heat and released into the water. It should be noted that at least 80% of the surface of the pool must be present in solar cells in order to be able to heat the pool well. If you have the ability to set up more cells, you can use them to spend more time in your pool than during the boom.
The principle: The radiation from the sun heats water that is in tubes in the system and this heated water is returned to the pool.
Advantages of solar heating
✔ You only have the cost of heating
✔ and, if necessary, repairs / maintenance
Disadvantages of solar heating
✘ You need space for the solar cells
✘ No sun, no warmth
The heat exchanger is perhaps the most convenient way to heat your pool. It is simply connected to the existing heating system in the house. That can also be the solar system!
There are two options: the tube heat exchanger and the plate heat exchanger.
The heat exchangers are equipped with a thermostat, here you can simply enter the desired temperature that the pool should reach.
Advantages of heat exchangers
✔ Can be connected to existing heating systems
✔ Very high efficiency
✔ Always suitable for salt water
Disadvantages of heat exchangers
✘ Not only the heating itself but also the installation has to be done.
Electric pool heating
The electric pool heater works similar to a kettle or more like a water heater. Electrically operated, the water is led through the heating and heated accordingly. Stainless steel or titanium are recommended as these metals have a long service life. Heating a pool only electrically can be quite expensive in the long run.
Tip: If you choose a solar heater, you can use the electric heater for cooler days. So it does not always have to be in operation.
Advantages of electric pool heating
✔ Very easy installation
✔ Low purchase costs
Disadvantages of heat exchangers
✘ Very expensive in continuous operation
Gas heating for the pool
Similar to a water heater, gas heating for the pool also works. Instead of electricity, gas is used to generate heat. In the long run, this can be cheaper than operating with electricity.
It is important here that a specialist has to take over the assembly.
Advantages of gas heating
✔ Cheaper than an electric heater
✔ Self-sufficient system
Disadvantages of gas heating
✘ The installation must be done by a professional
The most interesting way to heat your pool is with wood. This allows the pool to be heated up extremely economically in winter, for example. An oven brings the heat to a heating element and the collector ensures that the heat can enter the water. Wood is a renewable raw material and nature lovers in particular will be enthusiastic about this type of heating output. Maybe you already have a fireplace in the house? Then this solution may be particularly suitable for you, since you have the right fuel available.
The stove is usually outdoors - your chimney sweep can help you when it comes to cleaning the chimney, because that must be the case here.
The new models are ideal for quickly heating the water in the pool. The heating power also depends on the wood you use. Here, too, the wood must be dry enough.
Advantages of wood heating
✔ Wood is a renewable raw material
✔ The system works independently
Disadvantages of wood heating
✘ The fireplace must be outside and must be cleaned regularly
✘ And needs a fireproof place
- Solar balls : Some manufacturers have developed solar balls that are connected between the filter and the pool. They are not as bulky as solar panels and several of the spheres can also be joined together.
- hose : A black hose can also help make the pool a little warmer. It is particularly good if it is laid out in the form of a snail, for example on a garage roof. So it is not in the way and gets an extra portion of warmth.
- Dimensions : In addition to the location, the dimensions of the pool are also helpful to help warmth jump: the more surface, the more heat can collect. The deeper the pool, the colder it is.
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics here !
Pool heating costs
The costs for pool heating vary widely and cannot be answered across the board. Depending on the choice of heating, use and size of the swimming pool, the purchase and follow-up costs are different.
The price of electricity fluctuates and so does the price of gas and wood.
Precise planning of the costs by a specialist can be helpful when making a decision.
Pool heating heat tips
So that you save as much as possible, here are a few recommendations:
- Cover : A lot of heat goes off during heating. A tarpaulin saves energy, it does not let the heat outside. There are also certain solar tarpaulins or heat tarpaulins that additionally help to warm up your pool faster with the help of the sun.
- Location : The location is also crucial. At best, the pool is free on the property and gets a full load of sun. This helps to keep the pool at a comfortable temperature even when not in use.
- Mix : Leaving only one way to heat the pool can be expensive in the long run. For example, solar and wood are beautiful together. The sun helps and if it should be extra warm, a wood heater can be switched on quickly.
- Sun tent : For some models and sizes of a swimming pool, it is possible to put a sun tent over the pool. It works much like a greenhouse. It is always very warm in it and this is also noticeable in the water.
What to consider when buying pool heating
To give you a certain overview, we have given you the best possible overview of what you should look for when buying a pool heater:
- Which form of energy are you most likely to face?
- Is the pool heater suitable for salt water / chlorine water?
- Is the pool in the sun or in the shade?
- Do you want to mix the shape of your energy source?
- How much money do you want to spend on the system?
- How much will the follow-up costs be?
- Can or do you have to include existing systems?
- Can you get advice from a specialist dealer before buying?
- Is there a version for the size of your pool?
Always pay attention to high-quality workmanship, the follow-up and maintenance costs and also that you get many relevant spare parts that are within your financial means.
On the net, many users have shared their experiences on certain pool heaters, so that you can also learn about the different models in addition to the dealer.
Advantages and disadvantages of pool heating
Last but not least, the question arises whether you need pool heating at all:
Advantages of pool heating
✔ Especially with larger pools or built-in pools, it can take a long time for the water to get warm without heating
✔ Once you have brought the pool to a comfortable temperature and protects the heat, you will need a lot less energy by the end of summer
✔ If you sell the pool once, you increase the resale value
✔ Many systems are already very environmentally friendly - solar, for example, uses the power of the sun efficiently
✔ If you have a large pool outside, you can also swim your healthy lanes or do water sports in autumn and early winter
Disadvantages of pool heating
✘ A good pool heater can be expensive to buy and
✘ it needs regular maintenance
✘ If the heater is outside, it must be winterized (according to the manufacturer) to protect it from frost damage
✘ Some heating systems require extra space or have to be installed in a complex manner
Conclusion - pool heating
Swim from May to the golden October - the temperatures are getting milder and you can see that positively - you can spend much longer a year swimming healthy in your own pool. A nice barbecue with friends, fun for the kids - who has ever had a pool, usually does not want to do without it.
In this case, pool heating means added value - while the small paddling pool can also manage without heating, the heating in a pool near the house is almost a part of it. Larger pools that are dismantled in winter can be used almost all year round.
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling pool heating products 2022 on honest tests
- Heating can be controlled digitally via soft-touch control panel
- Maximum heating power: 40 °C
- Suitable for pools (1.520 - 17.035 liters) with filter pumps (up to 3.758 l/h)
- The automatic mini heat pump with integrated flow sensor enables bathing pleasure in pool water at a pleasant temperature - so...
- The Mini pool heat pump requires little maintenance and is suitable for swimming pools up to 20.000 liters / Thanks to its digital control with LED display...
- Due to the built-in titanium heat exchanger, the pump is also suitable for saltwater pools - the salt concentration may not exceed 0,50 percent...
- Thanks to the high-quality and durable LDPE collectors, the Steinbach Compact solar collector ensures pleasantly warm water in the pool in...
- The solar collector is suitable for pools up to 12.000 liters and can be expanded as required - depending on the desired temperature, one or more...
- More heat output: The SUN LDPE collectors can be connected to each other with just two movements - the connection is made between...
- ENERGY-SAVING & ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY - With the solar pool heater you heat the water in your home pool (ground pool, outdoor pool, ...
- EASY INSTALLATION - The construction and operation of our heater is very easy. For large pools, several solar panels can be...
- STRAIGHT-LINE DESIGN - The black solar collector (solar system, collector) absorbs the solar energy optimally and effectively ensures ...
- 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐆: The integrated digital control gives you full control over ...
- 𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄: The assembly is easy and uncomplicated to carry out....
- 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌: If the flow rate of your pool pump is less than 4mġ per hour, we recommend...
- Hose connection Ø 38 mm
- Material collector: HDPE, cover: polycarbonate
- Water content collector: 12 l
- Warms the water to about 35 degrees
- Power 3000 Watt connection 230 V
- easiest application and installation
- 🌞【Solar Pool Heater】This pool heater is heated only by solar energy and requires no electricity. It is possible to change the pool temperature...
- 🌞 【The perfect gradient heating】 This pool heater works with a water pump (not included) to heat the pool water ...
- 🌞 【Unique curved shape】 The solar swimming pool heater has a unique arc setting that can be used with different ...
- Nortersheuser, Michael (Author)
- heats 1000 liters by up to 12 °C per hour
- Suitable for 32mm and 38mm pool hose
- Suitable for chlorine and salt water pools
- Kärcher cordless window vacuum test
- Test: Echo Studio | Smarter high fidelity | 3D sound + Alexa
- Test: Makita DF330DWE cordless drill
- Test: Electric Ice Crusher | Gastroback 41127 | Crushed ice in 15 seconds!
- Test: Glückstoff - storage box made of fabric | Vintage
- DEERC 300E & 302E RC Offroad Drift 4WD Car 1:18 +60 km/h buy & test | testimonial
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2022. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a pool heating test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a pool heating If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Buy pool heating - How to find the best pool heating product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the "pool heating" product I'm looking for?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. However, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the pool heating product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the pool heating products you found. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers and brands are available for "pool heating"?
If you are looking for a "Pool Heater" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & condition do I need and which do not?
Find & choose the best pool heater product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about pool heating products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Buyer Ratings, Recommendations, Reviews & Tests for Pool Heater?
You now have a few pool heating products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong pool heating product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the pool heating product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the pool heating product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will give you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming pool heater purchase.
Where can I find ratings, recommendations, reviews, tests, reviews, solutions and tips from other buyers?
⭐ Ask in your personal area about pool heating or product for experiences and tips.
⭐ The Honest Tests top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular pool heater products with links to ratings & reviews, where you will find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a pool heating test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Pool Heater Test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Pool Heater Test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Pool heating test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Pool Heater Test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Pool Heater Test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Pool Heater Test check.
Where can I find pool heaters to buy? 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for pool heating products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for pool heating are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money on pool heating?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your pool heating product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your pool heating product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the pool heater product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 13.05.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs