Buying a professional satfinder could offer you significant added value. It will help you to find the perfect alignment of your satellite dish. Also ideal for the usual TV viewing when on vacation and in the camping car.
What you need a SAT finder for
In order to be able to receive radio and TV via a satellite, a satellite system is required. This includes a satellite dish with LNB, as well as the appropriate receiver and the associated cables. The connection and the commissioning of your SAT system is no great witchcraft. Aligning the satellite dish is a little more complicated without a professional satellite finder and takes more time.
So if you want to buy a SAT system, we recommend that you buy a SAT finder at the same time. In the following guide you will find out both the advantages and disadvantages of this great device and you will find out what to look out for when buying your Satfinder.
Profi Satfinder - comparison
Satfinder for the perfect alignment of your new SAT dish
With the help of the satellite finder you can easily align your satellite dish. If you buy your SAT system without a SAT measuring device (as an optional accessory), the time required could be decisive. You need a second person to help you with alignment, or you need to have a good view of the TV set from your satellite dish in order to be able to check the reception quality. If your satellite dish is mounted on the house or roof, this could be a very complicated project.
Videos | satellite finder
|1||Satlink WS-6933 Camping Satfinder HD DVB-S + DVB-S2 8PSK SAT...*||€69,90||to offer|
|2||Satlink battery pack WS 6905/6908/ 6909*||€34,90||to offer|
|3||SATLink WS-6933 Satellite Finder, DVB-S / S2, Black *||52 Reviews||€69,00||to offer|
|4||Satlink WS-ws6933 Satfinder black*||5 Reviews||€69,00||to offer|
|5||Satlink WS-6908SE RUBBER Second Edition by Froggit Sat measuring device...*||€119,00||to offer|
|6||Satlink WS-6908 SE measuring device for DVB-S *||€119,00||to offer|
How does a professional satfinder work specifically?
The SAT Finder is switched between the LNB and the receiver. Using the display, you can easily see which Signal the SAT measuring device receives and what the reception quality is. If you turn your SAT dish to align it, the SAT finder shows you visually on the display as soon as the SAT dish is aligned correctly and appropriately. There are many models on the market that acoustically draw your attention to.
Some models of satellite finders are equipped with Bluetooth and can be linked to your mobile phone via app or Bluetooth. The "Android" and "iOS" operating systems are suitable for professional satellite finders with Bluetooth. There are also devices with preprogrammed satellites. You can use it to find a specific satellite.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of SAT-Finder?
Like any technical device, the SAT Finder has both advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of SAT finders:
+ Device with extreme precision
+ Significant time savings through automated setup
+ Direct selection of certain satellites possible
+ Low susceptibility to faults (wind and weather)
+ Super practical and easy to use
Disadvantages of SAT finders:
- Additional acquisition costs
- A SAT finder is not included as an optional accessory in a SAT system
What types of professional SAT measuring devices are there?
There are basically two different categories of SAT finders available on the market.
You can either opt for the analog satellite finder decide. This is a professional satellite finder with an analog level display. The display has no particularly sophisticated features, but is limited to the essential purpose. It has an acoustic signal generator and often backlighting.
This is opposed to digital satellite finder, which is equipped with an LCD display. The signal strength and the satellite are displayed. Backlight included.
What should you pay particular attention to when buying your SAT finder?
If you have decided to buy a SAT finder in order to align your SAT system in the best possible way, you should definitely consider the following parameters:
Frequency range and measured values:
The wider the frequency range, the more stations you can receive. The majority of professional satellite finders cover a range between 950 MHz and 2.150 MHz. This would be classified as a completely normal DVB standard. In addition, some SAT finders can use the DVB highband range. If you want to cover this range, pay attention to 22 kHz compatibility when purchasing.
Screen size and color:
You don't need an overly large display with SAT finders. However, you can also buy SAT finders with 3,5-inch and 5-inch displays. It is fundamental that the display is large enough to show you the most important information. However, if you want to buy a SAT finder with a larger display, you have the option of using an Android SAT finder or an iOS SAT finder.
This SAT finder can be ideally linked to your smartphone via an app. In this way, the display of your phone is used to show certain information and data. With regard to the screen color, care was taken in production to ensure that you can see the most important information in a compressed form at a glance. Be sure to buy a SAT finder with lighting. This lighting guarantees you a correct reading of the display in poor light or darkness.
SAT finders work with various signals. Using the display, be it an analog or digital system, you can optically read from the digital display or level display when the alignment of your satellite dish is optimally set. Optical signals on the display have the disadvantage that you always have to keep your eyes on the display while you are moving the satellite dish. If your SAT finder has acoustic signals, you can perceive them without having to constantly look at your SAT measuring device.
There are of course different weight classes for the different models of SAT finders. SAT finders start at 10 grams and go up to 350 grams, and the trend is rising. The heavier models are mostly digital in nature, which have a variety of extra functions. If you are looking for a professional satellite finder for travel purposes (mobile home), a light and handy model is sufficient.
The price is of course an important purchase criterion. We recommend cheap satellite finders from 10 euros if you don't use your device too often. Particularly noble models with great additional services cost between 50 and 150 euros.
FAQ - Important questions and answers about the topic of SAT measuring devices
What actually is a satellite finder?
A satellite finder is a measuring device that helps you to align your old or new satellite dish. It does not matter whether it is your private satellite dish or a satellite system that you use on holiday on a campsite. So that you can receive all TV channels properly, you have to align the satellite dish accurately. The SAT measuring device enables you to do this.
How exactly does a SAT finder work?
You connect your satellite finder to the LNB of the satellite dish to be aligned and then connect it to the satellite receiver. The connections of the satellite measuring device are declared with "in" and "out". Then activate the receiver and turn the controller of the SAT Finder up until the display of the Profi Satfinder shows you signals. Now you move the satellite dish. The better the transmission from the satellite, the more your SAT Finder will react. If the alignment is perfect, you will be informed visually or acoustically on the display.
Which manufacturers and good brands of SAT finders are there on the market?
The common manufacturers of satellite finders, LED SAT finders, USB SAT finders and SAT finders with Bluetooth or compass include:
- HD line
- Major line
- Mega set
- satellite link
Conclusion: Satfinder | SAT meter
If you want to install a new SAT system or realign your existing SAT dish, we recommend a satellite measuring device. If the satellite dish is in higher regions (on the roof or on the second floor of your house), we recommend a professional satellite finder with important additional functions such as an acoustic notification as soon as the perfect position of your satellite dish is found.
If you only need a realignment of the existing satellite dish for holidays at the campsite, a cheap satellite finder with the most important functions is sufficient. In terms of price, as mentioned, we range from less than 10 euros to 150 euros. It depends on what additional services you expect from your SAT finder and what it has to be able to do and how often.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling professional sat finder products 2022 on Honest Tests
- 1 pc
- Very efficient
- Easy to use
- Professional SAT-Finder HD - 18 satellites pre-programmed
- DiSEqC function for controlling monoblock LNBs
- Updateable via PC via Mini USB
- Sat Finder HD with Bluetooth and its own app
- Display of signal strength and quality for optimal alignment of the satellite antenna
- Display of the satellite within seconds (at max. signal level)
- Combo DVB-S2/T2/C
- 7" color display
- spectrum analyzer
- Satlink WS-6906 Satfinder Satellite Display
- ❤️[All Satellite Search] For all common C-Band and Ku-Band DE TV satellites for quick and precise alignment and adjustment of ...
- ❤️[DVB-S/S2/2X system standard] With 3,5" LED screen, compatible with DVB-S/S2/S2X system standard, supports AV input and ...
- ❤️[Type-C charging and reverse charging] Supports the Type-C charging port and multi-protocol fast charging with up to 18 W. In addition, ...
- Visual and acoustic display
- Backlit keyboard
- Built-in compass
- The SUMMIT SM 201HD is a handy digital measuring device and is ideal for setting DVB-S/S2 satellite dishes or for...
- Signal strength and signal quality as numeric readings and bar graph | Suitable for HDTV (DVB-S2).
- In addition, the picture quality can be checked via the 8 cm TFT-LCD screen (watch TV channels live)
- This satellite decoder is fully compatible with DVB-S/S2, DNB-T/T2, DVB-C, MPEG2/MPEG4; with LED lighting, illuminated buttons (on/off),...
- This satellite receiver supports spectrum function, support antenna whole motor and motor control; supports...
- This satellite receiver supports Più lingue OSD and 10 Tipi di Selezione the Color dell'Interfaccia OSD; Battery agli Ioni di...
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | FITNESS | You like product testing read?
- DEERC 300E & 302E RC Offroad Drift 4WD Car 1:18 +60 km/h buy & test | testimonial
- Test: Makita DF330DWE cordless drill
- Drinking tube for PET bottles - water at hand at all times
- GMT for Kids: Super, ultra-light, 6-piece school bag on test
- Test: best thermal container for food? | warm meals for on the go
- Soum antiperspirant | Test experience
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 22.03.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs