Robot lawn mower - self-sufficient, strong and modern
Are you looking for a robot lawn mower that can mow on its own as much as possible? Which is also quiet and works independently? Then you have come to the right place with our buying guide.
We present the possibilities of modern mowing, how the technology works, what options you have and what you should pay attention to when buying. - Robot lawn mowers - self-sufficient, strong and modern
Robot lawn mower - in comparison
Video: robot lawn mower
What is a robot lawn mower?
A robot lawn mower is a robot that mows your lawn. All alone. You can program it and tell it when, how and where to mow via Bluetooth, Alexa © or the app. You can send him in his basket. Hardly any work with him. You can guide him. All you have to do now and then is make him wait - or wait yourself. It is stored in winter.
The robots work with a battery, which makes them very quiet and economical. If the battery is about to run flat, the good devices will find their way to the charging station on their own. You should always buy the accessories that we will look at below from the manufacturer directly. Quality comes before quantity.
... and how does it work?
High-quality robotic lawnmowers work with GPS. After you've placed a boundary wire that creates a magnetic field, the robot can mow. Rather said: Mulching, because he can not catch the freshly cut grass.
Thanks to the GPS, he always knows where he is, where he has already mowed and what still needs to be done. If you don't want it too close to your pond or around other things like trees or paddling pool approaches, you can also demarcate these parcels with another boundary wire.
For the mower, the don't step into sign.
Now you can still adjust the cutting height of the lawn, the working hours and he can get started.
Do not worry if it rains. The robots are usually protected. More exact is however with your manufacturer.
Robot lawn mower with GPS
A fine feature because it allows the robot to measure the area on which it is currently located. This ensures a very clean mowing pattern. GPS is also anti-theft protection. If he is kidnapped, he can always be located.
Robot lawn mower with and without boundary wire
Without a cable, the robot simply mows where there is lawn. His sensors tell him that. So if you have a relatively straight area of grass and nothing stands in the way and your area is separated from it with paving, this variant may be suitable for your garden. This is different if you have a pond or only certain areas need to be mowed. Then you need a boundary wire. You can either bring this into the sward or place it on top of it.
Incidentally, additional cables can be added to this. If you have a vegetable patch within your garden, you can demarcate it.
What is a robot lawn mower suitable for?
Not every automatic mower is suitable for every lawn. First you have to determine your area. For this you calculate the number of square meters. If you have a straight, maybe square surface, that's almost everything, besides the features that your robot lawn mower should have, what you need. If you have lots of small areas, inclines, or even live on a hillside, you'll need to upgrade.
It is therefore relevant for you to know:
- how many m³ does my mowing area have?
- is the surface simply knitted, straight, without many passes?
- or is it interrupted by many plots
- how much tilt does the surface have?
- How fast does the mower have to be finished?
That with the speed is not completely irrelevant. Suppose you have a 700 m³ garden. You want your mower mowing at night because you want to use the garden tags yourself. Now you have to calculate the area capacity per hour and also the range.
Let's assume you want your 700 m³ mowed within 8 hours. You can calculate like this:
8 hour / 24 hours = 0,33
0,33 * 700 m³ = 3030,30 m³ total.
In that case, you will need a mower designed for 2100 m³ to handle its work in the 8 available hours.
In addition, there is also the range. If your mower (as an example) wants to charge all 75 min for 50 min, the target will move far away.
You now have the following options
- You buy yourself a very oversized robot that can mow your area just times
- You calculate more time
- You program it by sections. If you're in one part of your garden during the day, and dogs and kids are still there, the mower just has to mow somewhere else. At night, he can be brought to the main area to continue working there. But it means extra work
What he is not suitable for
In small, angled corners, where the mower can no longer move, it can't get there. Depending on the model, it needs a certain clearance width. It is also not made for very steep slopes - but high-quality models have an inclination angle of 35 °. and that's an insane 70%! Do you have a very large property? At the moment you can buy robots that can mow around 4000 m³. But they are also in almost constant use, which also affects the technology and the mechanics.
The hardware is relatively simple knitted. Wheels, knives, a drive a power source.
The material must be robust, at best protected against water.
Some manufacturers offer a special film that you can design according to your wishes and stick it to the mower. For certain items there are also all-wheel drive and fat tires. He also has to have it if he wants to manage steep slopes.
If the knives are dull, you can of course exchange and reorder as a set. We have to advise against regrinding. Knife grinding is linked to experience and knowledge. In addition, the knives are smaller. A scythe may forgive a carver, a small sophisticated robot - less knives.
The wear of the mechanics depends on the condition of the material, on the work performance and also on the time. Helpful here is the Internet and the opinions and reviews of the users. Since you can make smart.
Support with the latest technology
So that your new butler knows what he has to do, the installation of the software is necessary. This means that you must first set the surface. This works wonderfully by laying the boundary cables. This can be helped by a specialist.
What does your mower have for your equipment? Many models already talk to your smartphone or voice control with Alexa ©. For this, you have to download an app as specified by the manufacturer. With this app you can set the working time, send start and stop commands and always know where the mower is currently. If he gets in trouble, an alarm goes off on your smartphone.
But it is even better. The Mower also checks the weather and can act independently. Is currently the growth phase? He "knows" when the lawn grows faster and when not and adapts to it.
If the battery runs the risk of running empty, it will automatically drive to its charging station.
Some devices can also be connected to a garden station for watering. The technology alternates in a coordinated manner. So that you can still find your lawnmower robot in the dark, some robots have been equipped with LED headlights.
The battery runtime is not insignificant, because constant charging interrupts each time the process of mowing. A large capacity of the battery is thus just like a quick charge duty. Add to that the durability. How often can the battery be recharged? This is especially important for large areas, because batteries are usually not only expensive, with some models you can not exchange them yourself.
Maintenance & care of a robot lawn mower
There is not much to do. The Mower works completely self-sufficient and if something does not suit him, he answers. Still, by the end of the season, you should cleanse it before you mock it in the winter. Many manufacturers also offer a complete service by doing all the necessary work. If necessary, you update the software, check all functions and wait for it. Also the battery.
⧉ If you have an expensive device, you can also insure your robot ⧉
The latest models all have a sensor that stops them when an obstacle is in the way. However, many accidents still happen. Therefore, do not allow animals or children to be left unattended near the mower.
When mounting, servicing, or cleaning the unit, make sure that the robot is no longer powered.
Even if the manufacturers write that the mower switches off immediately as soon as it is picked up from the ground, it can still lead to anomalies.
Winter is here, the last grass cut. Where does he live now?
The place should not be too cold, this can damage the battery. If you can remove it, you can also store the two parts separately.
There are extra pockets and small garages in which the robot is in good hands. This is not mandatory. It is everything that protects him from moisture, cold, wild animals such as domestic mice and dust.
You should be able to buy accessories and spare parts in order not to have to replace the whole mower.
- an offroad kit provides better grip on sloping positions
- You can clean the wheels well with a wheel brush set
- Sharp blades are important - see if you can get replacements
- a whole maintenance kit. Some models are very easy to maintain and clean themselves, there are extra rates
- maybe you have an older model? See if your company has already developed a package for retrofitting an app or similar
- Change - cover or design yourself? Some robots can be pimped by color technology
- small garages and lodgings, also wall mounts. Maybe you do not know how to store your lawnmower robot in winter. There are other options here
- also the boundary wire should be to buy
What to look for when buying a robot lawn mower
★ is the robot suitable for my surface? (See calculation example above)
★ Do I have steep slopes or very narrow paths that he has to cross? If you want to buy a robot that fits through everywhere, it takes longer because of the smaller cutting width
★ is the mower compatible with an app? What do I need for functions?
★ Can I keep children / animals away from the lawnmower robot?
★ do I have insurance?
★ How long does the battery last and how long does it take to recharge?
Advantages and disadvantages
We hope to have given you a good overview of the different possibilities with this guide. A list of advantages and disadvantages can be found here:
✔ the robots are very quiet. So you will not get in trouble with your neighbors
✔ They require little maintenance and like to take care of themselves. Only the cleaning and the maintenance of the technology is in your hands - or in your specialist
✔ There are many accessories and spare parts to buy
✔ and also an insurance is offered to you
✔ The devices are theft-proofed by GPS
✔ They are programmable in everything and work independently
✔ They may be compatible with other equipment, such as an irrigation technique
✘ Only a few robots perform well in terms of safety, and your children should stay away from them
✘ Insects are very often dead in robots, and the constant cutting of the lawn removes any food for the natural pollinators
Die Hedgehog robots are also deadly to hedgehogs
✘ the purchase price can be very high
✘ if you have a large area or a garden that is very narrow, most models will not work
Conclusion: robotic lawn mowers
Such an independent robot is already a fine thing. He must be the right helper for you and your lawn, so that you enjoy it. Although the price for high quality equipment can be higher, they have, thanks to their technology, great advantages over slimmed-down versions.
Only the bees and the hedgehogs can not do anything with the technology and in the worst case are killed. Maybe you will succeed on your reason to set up an asughlike area with many colorful flowers and hiding places.
Why does the grass have to be cut?
To encourage the roots of the lawn to grow, a regular cut is necessary. If you mow more often, the energy goes into the lower part of the plant. A beautifully grown, dense, soft lawn is the result.
Why is mulching better?
The finely chopped cut is the purest fertilizer for your lawn. If you often mow, the fine cut can better fall between the individual stalks and fertilize there.
Straight lines or criss-crosses?
Some robots seem to drive randomly across the surface. This is intentional because it was trying to imitate the sheep. They are also criss-crossing. Is the lawn perhaps more pleasant and also gives a softer cut, but can cause the mower here and there to forget a little bit.
Can the lawnmower engine make off?
If you've put a boundary wire, that's more than unlikely. If your mower uses lawn edges, it will not ride on a tarred road.
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling robot lawn mower products 2022 on honest tests
- The garden robot from WORX is the hard-working garden helper for small areas up to 500 square meters and always ensures a beautiful, well-kept lawn -...
- Goes to its limits: Thanks to the Cut to Edge function, the mower also shortens the grass to the very edge of the garden - for a clean ...
- A battery life of 60 minutes enables the robot lawn mower to care for the lawn efficiently / As part of the Powershare series, the 20V battery...
- 【Shipping within 48 hours via DHL from Germany. Delivery usually takes ONLY 2-3 working days】 The patented ...
- The efficient and low-wear 3-blade mulching system cuts the hame cleanly and evenly. / With the 16cm cutting width and...
- The robot returns automatically as soon as the lawn is finished or the battery needs to be charged.
- Lithium-ion cells with powerful 20 V battery, 2,0 Ah, cutting width: 160 mm, cutting height: 20 mm - 55 mm (3 levels)
- Edge cutting function to keep the garden clean and tidy
- Simple operation and simple operation to allow very easy operation when setting the time.
- Systematic and fast: LogiCut technology maps the lawn and enables mowing in efficient, parallel paths, so that the lawn ...
- SmartMowing: The Indego S+ 500 analyzes the garden, local weather and personal preferences to optimize the mowing plan
- Voice control of the Indego is possible with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, and connection of the Indego to other smart devices in the...
- The mower can be operated with the Gardena Bluetooth app from a distance of up to 10 m. Programs: EasyApp Control, Auto Schedule and...
- Waterproof operation: The robotic lawnmower mows even when it rains and thus ensures an ideal lawn carpet, in the event of any dirt, the ...
- Intelligent system: Thanks to the SensorControl function, the SILENO city automatically adjusts the mowing time to the growth of the lawn
- The Einhell FREELEXO 1200 LCD BT belongs to the powerful Power X-Change family, which offers unlimited flexibility within the system family...
- The FREELEXO 1200 LCD BT includes everything you need to install and operate an Einhell robotic lawnmower from the FREELEXO+ series...
- The FREELEXO+ is controlled via Bluetooth via an app, and the robotic mower can be set individually. In addition, he has...
- The WORX garden robot with anti-collision system is the hard-working garden helper for small areas up to 500m² & always ensures a...
- Goes to its limits: Thanks to the Cut to Edge function, the mower also shortens the grass to the very edge of the garden / With the ...
- The robot lawn mower has a 20V battery which enables efficient lawn care of 60 minutes / As part of the PowerShare series...
- The Einhell FREELEXO Kit 500 belongs to the powerful Power X-Change family, which offers unlimited flexibility within the system family...
- The FREELEXO Kit 500 contains everything you need to install and operate an Einhell robotic lawnmower from the FREELEXO series...
- Thanks to the multi-zone mowing mode, this robotic lawnmower is also suitable for complex, crooked gardens. The return to the charging station and also...
- Samsung lithium-ion cells with powerful 28 V battery, 2,9 Ah, cutting width: 180 mm, cutting height: 20 mm - 60 mm (5 levels)
- Double protection: iRadar ultrasonic sensor Active security function to detect obstacles at a distance of 20-60 cm to ...
- Edge cutting function to keep the garden clean and tidy; brushless motor to ensure quiet and powerful cutting performance
- Review: Huawei Watch GT2
- Test: Lefant T700 vacuum robot with mopping function
- Products from the Chain Bridge Honey Farm - family business for centuries
- Test: Aukey EP-T21 earbuds - 5 hours playing time and great bass
- Review: Primal Berries - Red Berry Smoothie | Primal State
- 12in1 USB-C Hub | Aukey docking station
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2022. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a robot lawn mower test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Robot lawn mower If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Buy a robotic lawn mower - This is how you find the best robotic lawn mower product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the "robot lawn" product I'm looking for?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. However, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the robot lawn mower product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the robot lawn mower products you found. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers and brands are available for "robot lawn mowers"?
If you are looking for a "robot lawn mower" product and want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed down your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & condition do I need and which do not?
Find and choose the best robot lawn mower product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about robot lawn mower products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests for robot lawn mowers?
You now have a few robot lawn mower products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong robot lawn mower product for themselves or who did not get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the robot lawn mower product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the robot lawn mower product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will give you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming robot lawn mower purchase.
Where can I find ratings, recommendations, reviews, tests, reviews, solutions and tips from other buyers?
⭐ Ask in your personal area about robot lawn mowers or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ The Honest Tests top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular robot lawn mower products with links to ratings & reviews, where you will find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a robot lawn mower test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Lawn robot test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Lawn robot test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Lawn robot test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Lawn robot test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Lawn robot test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Lawn robot test check.
Where can I find robot lawn mowers to buy? 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for lawn robot products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for robot lawn mowers are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money with the robot lawn mower?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your robot lawn mower product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your robot lawn mower. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the robot lawn mower product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 13.05.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs