Rocky Road flavor
Rocky Road, in German: stony road. Doesn't sound very appetizing now. A vague memory of fresh tar, mixed with asphalt in the blazing summer heat, is forcing me - I obviously made a wrong turn here. Rocky Road is not a headache-causing construction site, Rocky Road flavor is the latest craze in the world of taste. Yes. The street here is actually a bar (chocolate bar aka chocolate bar) and the asphalt - pardon, the stones - are made up of tiny marshmallows. Colorful, tiny tiny marshmallows, to be exact. But one after anonther. - Rocky Road flavor
Rocky Road products - in comparison
Rocky Road origin
The Chocolate barThose who look like a stony road with a little imagination don't come from (be careful joke :) Scotland, but from Australia. The story: around 1850 a rocky road was laid in Australia so that sweets could be transported. These sweets were spoiled. And so chocolate was mixed with other ingredients such as nuts, or what was present. In this way, chocolate bars were created which, like any good stew, consisted of leftovers.
The recipe is different in different countries. Australians like to take cherries, chocolate, peanuts and marshmallows. The British dried fruit, Cookies, chocolate and powdered sugar. As you can already tell, it has the right, real recipe: marshmallows. And that is exactly the secret of the real Rocky Road.
Rocky Road recipe
You can also make the Rocky Roads at home. Since they are somehow always different anyway, let your imagination run wild. Do you still have opened, hardly usable baking ingredients? Cookies? Nuts? You already have everything together.
A recipe idea:
- 300 grams of dark chocolate coating
- 300 grams of whole milk couverture
- 200 grams of hazelnuts
- 100 grams of mini marshmallows
- 100 grams of pistachios
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 2 Esslöffel Butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs
- ½ teaspoon of salt
You also need an angular shape in the approximate size of 20 x 24 cm, which you line with baking paper.
- Chop 1 tablespoon of pistachios, roast the rest of the pistachios with the hazelnuts in a pan
- Candied roasted nuts in a pan with melted sugar and spread the hot mixture on a baking paper
- Chop the couvertures and melt them in a water bath, stir in the butter
- Fold in the caramelized nuts with the salt and 2/3 of the small marshmallows in the melted chocolate coating. Place immediately in the form lined with baking paper and spread evenly
- Now sprinkle the remaining small marshmallows and the pistachios that were initially put back
Now place the mold in a cool room so that the mass can solidify. Then you can cut them into pieces.
Tip: If you have no shape, you can spread the mass on a baking sheet, then the bars with Rocky Road flavor are a bit thinner.
Rocky Road protein
Sport has also discovered the flavor for itself and so there is also the Rocky Road flavor in many whey proteins. A mixture of chocolate, slightly caramel and with the fluff from marshmallows. Maybe nice if you can no longer see the common varieties? The protein shakes often only contain the taste of Rocky Road. No marshmallow bits.
Rocky Road marshmallow
The main ingredient is marshmallows when it comes to the "real" Rocky Road. What are marshmallows anyway?
What are marshmallows made of?
The main ingredient of the original marshmallows was the juice from the roots of the real marshmallow. Hence its name, because marshmallow means swamp mallow in English. This mallow was considered a medicinal herb and candied was often used as a remedy for the common cold. A little later the medicinal herb was replaced by gum arabic. Because this is still too expensive and time-consuming, gelatin is used today. Vegetarians often get out here.
Sugar, ice snow and gelatin are the new classic list of ingredients.
Rocky Road Vegan
Yes, there is. You can simply exchange the conventional chocolate for vegan and the normal marshmallows for those with the gelling agent agar-agar. Agar-agar is an algae that tastes zero in the foreground.
Rocky Road flavor
The taste. Chocolate and nuts are easy to explain. But the marshmallows? Ice snow tastes like nothing. Gelatin? Neither. Sugar? Sweet and if you're unlucky it's kind of artificial. How does the taste get in there now? Right. With flavors. It is these flavors that are contained in your protein shake. Caramel, nutty, chocolatey.
What you can do with the Rocky Road Bestseller 2024: The best and most popular in the top 10 comparison | Honest tests should be taken into account
Whether in protein shake, as a candy or flavor: if you want to buy Rocky Road, make sure to pay attention to the quality. Vegan products are advertised. You should avoid too much chemistry for your health, this applies in training as well as for children's birthday parties. You are doing yourself and your health another favor if you are looking for organic products.
Conclusion: Rocky Road flavor
A new taste that comes essentially from the composition. The main ingredient in a Rocky Road flavor is chocolate, nuts and marshmallows. Since a marshmallow is actually a rather tasteless affair, flavors and colors are mixed. Toasted marshmallows roasted over the fire, which arouse a mild summer evening in your memory, liquefied in between? Yes. This works out. Tasty, at least.
Discover the top 10 of the best and best-selling Rocky Road flavor products 2024 on Ehrliche Tests. We show a selection of the most popular items that have great customer reviews and value for money. Find the perfect Rocky Road flavor product for your needs now!
- Experience report: Einhell cordless chainsaw GP-LC 36
- Test: Tefal OptiGrill + | Contact grill
- GMT for Kids: Super, ultra-light, 6-piece school bag on test
- Test: BODY'S PERFECT capsules - weight loss & wellbeing
- Bosch cordless grass trimmer ART 26 Li
- Soum antiperspirant | Test experience
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the Rocky Road Flavor product.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 23.02.2024/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs