Sandblasting with sandblasters
Is it easy to clean? Anyone who can call their own home and yard, workshop or company may think about their own Sandblaster do. It is practical! Quickly remove old paint or rust, deburr or polish. From handy to industrial, the modern ones Sandblasters are often indispensable.
We have written a guide for you in which you can read everything you need to know about sandblasting: which sandblasting agent? Which sandblasting devices are there? What do sandblasting devices cost and which sandblasting device suits me? - sandblasting machine
Sandblasting cabin - in comparison
What is a sandblaster?
A sandblasting device combines air and sandblasting agents into a cleaning success that is available in different sizes and versions. The compressed air, which usually comes from a compressor, shoots the sandblasting agent out of the sandblasting device and onto the surface to be cleaned.
There are also different options:
A handy one Sandblasting gun , a protected Sandblasting cabin, a solid Sandblasting blower or mobile version are available here. Which sandblasting gun or sandblasting cabin is suitable for you depends on what you want to process with it and may also depend a little on the price.
A small sandblast gun is around 20 €, a device useful for household use starts at around 100 €, but can also cost 1000 €. Of course, there are no upper limits. Industrial devices then cost around € 10.000.
What can you use a sandblaster for?
A sandblasting device can be used for many things in everyday life. You can use it wherever you need to clean and edit things:
- Clean wood and
- remove old paint residue
- Clean metal and
- free from rust
- Cleaning tools
- Restore things
- Eliminate / clean structural damage
Without a doubt, a device that is particularly useful for your workshop. There is no need for laborious sanding by hand.
A distinction is made between four different types of sandblasting devices. Not everyone is made for every job. In the following we have detailed the various options for you.
Video | Sandblasting
Sandblasting machine - different options
When you are considering which device is most suitable for you for sandblasting, you need a good overview of the options you have at all:
A sandblasting fan is operated with a blower wheel or with compressed air. These drives throw the sandblasting agent strongly and reliably onto the materials to be cleaned. Since the output is very high, a sandblasting blower is often used on construction sites and in the industrial sector. Handling is not that easy, which is why a good instruction in the device is often necessary.
Advantages of the sandblasting blower
✔ Mobile operational readiness
✔ High performance
Disadvantage sandblasting blower
✘ Not easy to use
✘ Lots of dust and dirt
✘ Expensive to buy
✘ Often a compressor is required
✘ Surfaces can be damaged
|1||The sandblasting blower (German Edition): with special attention...*||54,99 €||to the offer ➤|
|2||Fervi item number 0580 Professional sandblaster with...*||346,50 €||to the offer ➤|
A cleaning weapon for everyone? You could write like this, because a sand steel gun is light, versatile and easy to use. Here, too, air and sand steel material are mixed by means of air pressure. The principle is as simple as it is ingenious, the performance of the sandblasting gun can be controlled via the compressor with good equipment.
Another advantage: The jet nozzles and also the air nozzles can be exchanged. This makes it possible to work even more precisely.
Some sandblasting guns can be adjusted to work as best as possible with the various sandblasting agents.
Separate blast media guide
Sandblasting guns with separate blasting media are also used by companies.
Cup guns for sandblasting are ideal for the handyman who wants to use the sandblasting method for small jobs around the house.
Advantages of the sand steel gun
✔ Light weight
✔ Good handling
✔ Quick and easy cleaning
✔ Easy to transport
✔ Good price-performance ratio
Disadvantage of the sand steel gun
✘ Compressor required
✘ Shorter service life than professional devices
✘ Less suitable for large surfaces
|1||PS sandblasting gun with hose*||109,95 €||to the offer ➤|
|2||Compressed air sandblasting gun, sandblasting device incl. blasting sand -...*||30,24 € 26,95 €||to the offer ➤|
|3||Yato YT-2375 YT Sandblaster*||24,70 € 21,00 €||to the offer ➤|
|4||Metabo compressed air sandblasting gun SSP 1000 (601569000) box,...*||37,96 € 34,99 €||to the offer ➤|
|5||BGS 3244 | Compressed air sandblasting gun | 5 mm steel point | ... *||36,54 € 32,24 €||to the offer ➤|
There are two different sandblasting cabins:
Suction pressure blasting cabins
Suction jet cabins
Both types of sandblasting cabins are popular in the industrial sector because they can clean, deburr, compress, rag, rust, roughen and descaling. This takes place in a closed sandblasting cabin, which has been expanded with firmly attached gloves. Dust and dirt are completely extracted - this makes the work very clean and healthy. The pistol can be carried in the hand (through the glove).
If you want to move the workpiece, you can also lock the sandblasting gun firmly on a bracket. The pistol is then controlled with a foot lever.
Tip: If you want, you can purchase a device with a recovery system. This again saves additional costs for sand steel media.
Advantages of the sand steel cabin
✔ Dust and dirt remain in the cabin
✔ Recovery systems
✔ Excellent for filigree workpieces
Disadvantage sand steel cabin
✘ Not suitable for large materials
✘ Requires a compressor
✘ Transport not without problems
Mobile sandblasting device
Mobile sandblasters are small and handy, which makes them perfect for you if your work area varies. Despite the fact that they are smaller, they can be used extremely well for cleaning and derusting.
The sand steel agent is here in a cauldron. The agent is then blown out through the gun using air pressure.
Do you want to remove rust or clean wooden furniture or the fence for a new coat of paint? No problem!
Advantages of the mobile sandblasting device
✔ Handy and
✔ easy to use
✔ suitable for large areas
✔ Perfect for larger areas
Disadvantage of mobile sandblasting device
✘ Compressor required
✘ Lots of dust and dirt
Compressor for sandblasters
Which compressor is right for my sandblaster? Anyone who has to buy from scratch has the advantage that they can first look for the sandblasting device of their choice before deciding on the compressor.
But it's not that complicated. Most manufacturers have given precise information.
If you want to operate a sandblasting machine, you definitely need the right air liter output. While a small sandblasting gun might get by with 170 liters / minute, a mobile sandblasting device can have 400 liters and more. As a precaution, compare the information from Bar. Der working pressure and the air requirements are crucial.
Sand steel agent
There are many sandblasting agents. Many many. For each job you have different means to choose from. A brief overview:
Excellent for cleaning hard materials or for deburring.
This can be walnut shells, for example. They are used for soft materials and plastics.
Polyamide, thermoset, polycarbonate: these gentle cleaning agents are used, for example, in vehicle technology and also in the dental sector.
Microblast or Zirblast are meant here and they are used for very large aluminum surfaces.
For the fine-shine: Removes metal oxides and can roughen soft materials. But also polishes hard materials.
Quartz sand or petroleum coke is widely used in the glass industry and in precision engineering.
|1||25 kg blasting abrasive, 0,2-0,5 mm*||16,99 €||to the offer ➤|
|2||25 KG blasting media beam master 0,2-0,8 mm from Samore GmbH *||16,99 €||to the offer ➤|
|3||STEAG Asilikos abrasive 0,2-0,5mm, 25 kg *||13,75 €||to the offer ➤|
|4||Asilikos 25 kg blasting media Blasting material Sandblasting (0,2-0,5 mm) *||19,49 €||to the offer ➤|
|5||Sandblasting Gun Air Eraser Set BD 178 Airbrush 1150g...*||49,90 €||to the offer ➤|
Protective equipment sandblasting
You should always protect yourself and your health, but also that of your surroundings and that of the environment. Well, some things cannot be avoided. Nevertheless, on:
you shouldn't do without.
What to consider when buying sandblasting equipment
Which criteria are now important for you?
- Which work and which materials should the sandblasting machine be able to process?
- Does the device support the preferred sandblasting agent?
- Is it compatible with the compressor?
- Is the sandblasting device easy to clean?
- Size and weight: right for you?
- Is the device quiet enough or not too loud?
- How much area can you clean with the device?
- Can you buy the right accessories for you?
- What do the other users and the comments say?
- Is the container size sufficient for you and your work?
- Is the air hose sufficient for you and your work area?
- How much money do you want to spend?
Size and weight can play a role for you, even if you want to use the device around your house. And the volume cannot be insignificant either - the neighbors could complain if you don't live all alone in the hallway.
Advantages and disadvantages of sandblasting equipment
Do you only have work to do every now and then or do you consider having your own device? Here we show you the advantages and disadvantages of a sandblasting device:
Advantage sandblasting device
✔ You can remove rust and paint from wood and metal
✔ Sandblasters work very effectively
✔ Also clean stubborn dirt
✔ Fast results included
✔ Versatile use
✔ For private and corporate
✔ Lots of accessories and
✔ Various sandblasting agents available
Disadvantage sandblasting device
✘ A compressor should not be missing in most cases
✘ It takes a bit of practice and knowledge to be able to use a sandblasting device really well
✘ Good, high-quality devices cost a lot of money (with a compressor)
Conclusion: sandblasting device
A sandblasting device is practical and can be used in many ways. All you need is a device of your choice, a compressor, protective equipment and the right sandblasting agent. Then you can start: remove the ugly paint residues from the fence, remove rust, deburr or roughen up - the possibilities are almost unlimited.
Do your thing and do it yourself. Sure, you have to pay attention to a few subtleties, but especially when you have your own house, there is always something to do, right? Or you decide to start your own business. Because if you have to sandblast your machine parts, this can be expensive in the long run. Even then, it is worth buying your own sandblaster.
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling sandblaster products 2022 on honest tests
- Compressed air sandblaster 38L + 8 nozzles CARMAX
- Mobile sandblaster 38L
- Air requirement: 400-700 l/min
- with pressure gauge
- Dehumidifier, Teflon tape
- Heavy steel construction, a door on the right
- Transparent glass visor, illuminated working space
- Rubber seals on the door
- This sandblasting cabin is delivered in 2 lots
- no more annoying refilling thanks to the 76 l container
- high compressed air output of up to 9 bar
- 2,5 m long heavy-duty hose
- easy handling with high mobility
- Efficient - no more annoying refilling thanks to the 19 l container
- powerful - high compressed air output of up to 8,6 bar ...
- Dimensions: 138cm (H) x 89cm (W) x 56 (D)
- Capacity: 220L
- Maximum working pressure: 116.03 psi.
- Solid construction and easy operation
- Area of application: With its 50 liter tank and its 412 L/min suction capacity, the compressor always has enough reserves for...
- Powerful: with an output of 2200 watts, the compressor can be used for a variety of purposes. Furthermore, a...
- Variable and durable: the compressor is suitable for work such as filling tires, working with nail guns or...
- Scope of delivery: 1 x scheppach compressor HC53DC, weight: 42,6 kg
- Mobile sandblaster, 63 liter tank, with hose and gun including accessories
- Sandblaster : Boiler capacity: 63l
- hose with sandblasting gun
- 4 ceramic nozzles (2,0mm - 2,5mm - 3,0mm - 3,5mm)
- for sandblasting/cleaning surfaces with dry blasting media such as glass beads or plastic granulate
- blasting material-tight cover with viewing window, fixed protective gloves and interior filter prevent the blasting material from escaping
- saves blasting material, prevents workplace contamination
- incl. blast gun, 4 nozzle sizes (4, 5, 6, 7 mm) and permanently attached protective gloves
- [HIGH-QUALITY PROCESSING] The AREBOS sandblasting cabin is made of high-quality steel and is therefore extremely robust and durable. With a...
- [EVERYTHING IN VIEW] The viewing window is made of resistant acrylic glass measuring 48,5 x 39 cm, for which you also have 5 replacement foils ...
- [APPLICATION AREA] The sandblasting cabin is ideal for processing small and medium-sized parts. It can be used universally...
- [HIGH CAPACITY] With a maximum capacity of 90l, you can use the blasting cabin to quickly put larger parts back in the ...
- Test: Dyson V11 Animal Extra cordless vacuum cleaner
- Test: ENDERS radiant heater | Gas heater for warmth in the garden
- Tested: Chaga mushroom prepared as Chaga tea
- Review: eufy Security Cam 2C | home security
- AUKEY EP-T25 TWS headphones | In-ear | Bluetooth | USB-C charge
- Test: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop Pro (STYTJO2YM) | Robot vacuum cleaner with wiping function
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 4.08.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs