If the electricity bill is sent to the house once a year, many households get annoyed, they want to Save electricity. Again a large sum has to be paid. To this end, the contributions have been increased for the coming months. Now, at the latest, many people are asking themselves: How can I save electricity at home? There are many options. We would like to introduce some of them to you below.
|11. December 2023 15: 45||11. December 2023 15: 45||11. December 2023 15: 45||11. December 2023 15: 45||11. December 2023 15: 45||11. December 2023 15: 45*Advertising|
Save electricity on lighting
If you want to save electricity at home, you should make the most of daylight possible. Private writing areas or PC locations are ideally chosen so that they are oriented towards the window. In addition, white walls brighten the room. Bright lampshades also enhance the lighting effect. It is generally recommended to use energy-saving LED lamps with dimmers.
The LED has conquered the electronics markets at breakneck speed in recent years. It combines the advantages of the halogen lamp with an unprecedented economy in consumption and an almost endless durability. Their biggest disadvantage is the significantly higher price.
But how much can be saved by using an LED? How long does it take for the purchase to pay for itself? Is it always worth replacing or is the LED lamp more for a new acquisition?
The consumption in direct comparison
The numbers can vary, but generally an LED light source needs around 10-15% of the power, like a halogen lamp, to achieve the same light intensity. At Energy saving lamps the difference is significantly smaller, here it is about 30-40%.
A halogen lamp with 60 W, for example, would have to be replaced by an LED with 7 W in order to maintain the light intensity.
Regarding the numbers: A hallway with 10 halogen lamps of 60 W each is to be modernized with LED light sources.
0,06 kW x 10 lamps x 10 hours of lighting time x 230 working days
Consumption halogen = 1380 kWh per year
0,007 kW x 10 lamps x 10 hours of lighting time x 230 working days
LED consumption = 161 kWh per year
In this case we would have a saving of 1219 kWh per year, i.e. around € 400. That covers the price for the purchase of the LED light source. Added to this is the significantly longer service life of the LED.
Now let's take a case where the payback period is at stake. A hall with 50 two-lamp tub lights (2 x 58 W) is charged, whereby the LED lights (2 x 24 W) are assumed to be double the price.
Price of fluorescent tube = 50 lights x € 100 = € 5000
Price LED tube = 50 lights x € 200 = € 10000
Therefore: 50 luminaires x 0,068 kW power difference x 10 hours x 230 working days
Difference per year = 7820 kWh
So: 5000 € price difference / (7820 kWh x 0,3 €)
Payback period = 3,33 years
So we see that in both examples the purchase will finance itself within a reasonable period of time. If you now calculate the same example with a light duration of 24 hours a day, the differences are even more drastic. Or let's assume that the company works 365 days a year.
In principle, the LED is worthwhile wherever a long lighting time is to be expected, as it pays for itself there quickly. However, there is nothing against equipping all locations with LED lights, because those that are only rarely used are characterized in this case by an almost endless durability.
This point should also be considered when making a decision.
Low-power baking and cooking
Electricity can also be saved in the kitchen. An induction hob requires less energy than other hobs. There should always be a suitable lid on the pots and pans. The lid increases the temperature in the vessels faster and the cooking time is shorter. Depending on the dish, a pressure cooker can also be an advantage to save electricity.
Wash the laundry with little energy
Another factor in high electricity costs can be incorrectly washing your laundry. Therefore only full machines should be washed. With a 1/2 key, it is not possible to save. In addition, "cold" programs are often sufficient for thin laundry.
Heating, computers and other devices
Electricity can not only be saved in many activities. The right devices are also crucial. Basically, older household appliances use more energy. It is therefore advisable to replace an old heating pump with a high-efficiency pump. For washing machines and electronic kitchen appliances, attention should be paid to energy efficiency class A +++. It is also recommended that fridges, freezers and freezers be defrosted regularly. Electricity is also saved if the refrigerator is not directly next to a heat source and its back or top is well ventilated. It is also possible to save energy with new flat screens. It is similar when the PC or laptop is switched off or put to sleep during breaks.
Change electricity provider
If you want to save electricity without sacrificing technical comfort or have already minimized everything, you should think about switching from your electricity provider. The price differences can be very large. This means that quite a bit of electricity costs can be saved each year.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling electricity saving products 2023 on Honest Tests
- Scope of delivery: [ 10 socket adapters ] with illuminated switch, socket is equipped with child safety for even more safety in ...
- The socket outlet with an illuminated ON OFF switch in white is made from high-quality materials especially for the standardized German...
- Is there a light on your television, hi-fi system or game console all the time? Then these devices consume electricity around the clock and...
- Ternyik, Simon (Author)
- High capacity: The 26800mAh solar power bank has enough power to charge an iPhone 11 Pro over 7 times, the Galaxy S20 over 6 times,...
- 3A fast charging: This portable charger is built-in 3A output ports, it can charge your phone to 50% within 30 minutes...
- Multiple outputs: This solar cell phone charger has 2 USB-A output ports and 1 USB-C input and output ports, which ...
- Wolf, Ulrich (Author)
- Jäckel, Michael (Author)
- Axmann, Jan Henrik (Author)
- Theissen, Stefan (Author)
- Andersbach, Thomas (Author)
- [Balcony power plant with storage] Build your photovoltaic system on your balcony. No professional electrician is required for installation...
- [Multiple charging options] More than just a solar generator. Charging via AC, solar, a vehicle or with EcoFlow Smart...
- [Supplies almost any device with 2000 W output power for up to 13 devices at the same time. Power supply for 2500W devices by activating...
- Test: On Cloudflyer Waterproof running shoe
- Test: IPhone 11 Pro Max | a must-have?
- Test report: iPhone 12 from Apple
- Catrice Advent Calendar DIY to make yourself
- Test: Bestway Steel Pro Max Frame Pool 366 × 100 | Bestway pool in rattan look | Plan and build the above ground pool for the garden
- Test: 3T6B drone KF609 (Tenga Mini Drone) under 100 euros from Amazon
- Guide: Landmann gas grill | Up to 5 gas burners for perfect grilling
- Remove foot fungus - removal of foot fungus
- Limescale catcher: what is it? | Tips for removing limescale
- High-pressure cleaners from Bosch - powerful all-rounders
- Sistema microwave rice cooker pasta cooker
- Advice: Buy a sock donning aid
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 11.12.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs