How your car is safer with more grip in winter
- How your car is safer with more grip in winter
- Snow chains - top 10 - in comparison
- Snow chains - assembly - video
- Why snow chains?
- Snow chains and their differences
- What do I have to pay attention to when choosing snow chains?
- Where do I need snow chains?
- How are the snow chains mounted?
- Advantages and disadvantages of snow chains
- Where to buy snow chains best
- Conclusion: snow chains
- Recommended snow chains - Top 10 top seller list
- Snow chains - buying advisor
Snow chains. - If you drive into cold or snowy areas, you may need them more often. Or should at least have it with them. In some countries they are even mandatory. But the snow chains are sometimes not that easy. How do I wind them up, which chains do I need, how many of them? Are there any things that I have to consider in advance, that I should know and when do snow chains make sense? In this guide we go into the matter of grip and have put together the most important things about snow chains. - Snow chains - More grip in winter - Top 10
Snow chains - top 10 - in comparison
+ Large view comparison +
|KING K-SUMMIT K33 -...||pewag snow chains 58575 ...||RUD snow chains RUDcompact ...||Michelin 92308 snow chain, M1 ...||pewag snow chains 12138 ...||Rud 4716732 Snow chains ...||KING K-SUMMIT K34 -...||König XG-12 PRO 245 ...||pewag snow chains 12361 ...||Sumex HUSAD40 KN40 Husky ...|
|◼️ 205/80-13, 185/80-14, 195/75-14, 215/70-14, 245/60-14,...||◼️ Fine-link chain for narrow wheel arches||◼️ Quick and easy assembly||◼️ 175/70 R 12, 155/80 R 13, 165/70 R 13, 175/65 R 13, ...||◼️ Fine-link chain for narrow wheel arches||◼️ Simple and convenient stand assembly without a handle behind ...||◼️ 195/80-14, 205/75-14, 225/70-14, 265/60-14, 175/80-15,...||◼️ 235/75-15, 215/85-16, 215/80-16, 225/75-16, 235/65-16 no...||◼️ Stand assembly chain for 4x4 use||◼️ Sumex brand|
|◼️ Chain link thickness: 0 mm.||◼️ Ratchet system for manual tensioning||◼️ 3 mm square chain links, 9 mm clearance, ...||◼️ 145/80 R 14, 155/70 R 14, 165/65 R 14, 175/60 R 14, ...||◼️ Ratchet system for manual tensioning||◼️ 3 mm square chain links, 0 mm clearance||◼️ Chain link thickness: 0 mm.||◼️ The quick-to-assemble snow chain for SUVs that ...||◼️ Reinforced design||◼️ N / A|
|Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings|
|To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*|
Snow chains - assembly - video
Why snow chains?
You don't just need them against or for the snow. They also provide the necessary support in the mud. Those who have to drive through rough terrain often will not be able to do without them. From 5 cm of snow the snow chains can work wonders. Everything under it is poison for the tar and also for the tires.
Notice: “Reversibility” in the description of the snow chains means that the chains can also be fitted the other way round. This has the advantage that on average they can be used twice as often as they can wear out from two sides.
Snow chains and their differences
The main difference lies between the actual snow chains and the starting aids. Snow chains themselves are then differentiated between track chains and drive chains. Of the chains themselves, only two are needed.
These are intended only for a short distance, for example, to come from his property. Often these are just braces that give the tire the necessary stability and transport it to the road.
Basically, full snow chains form a net around the tire.
These are intended to prevent wheelspin. This means that the chain links transverse to the tire, so the running direction, run. Drive chains are logically mounted on the drive axle.
To keep the car in the lane, one needs track chains. These are made in such a way that the chain links run long with the tire. These are mounted on the steering axle.
Luckily, most snow chains today are a combination of track and drive chain, so you do not have to worry about that at least once. The materials are different. Plastic, textiles or hardened steel. These proportions can also vary in different chains. The hardened steel is the most durable among the materials, well, who will subject the chains to a final test before the trip. For this purpose, the chain links can either still be round, this is to help the chain independently rid of snow, or they can also be square.
Who loves his rims, is also lucky. Some manufacturers already offer snow chains with rim protection. This is not a guarantee, of course, but helps to keep the worst and to avoid the worst scratches. If there is no rim protection from the manufacturer, there is also a solution, rim protectors, which can be subsequently integrated into the chain.
What do I have to pay attention to when choosing snow chains?
First, you have to know which chain you need at all. All you need is your tire size. This is composed of the three values that are mostly on the tire itself. The chain depends mainly on the width of the tire. Once this has been found out, you can find various computers and or tables on the Internet that can easily compare which group of chains you need.
If the chain group is clear, you can do the fine tuning.
So what does a proper chain have to bring with you? A TÜV seal. That precludes right from the outset that the chains are too inferior.
Where do I need snow chains?
If you are traveling abroad, you should inquire in advance whether snow chains make sense in the various areas. Some roads in Austria, for example, are only approved for snow chains in winter. Cross-border a sign indicates the obligation of snow chains: a round blue sign with the white image of a snow chain. If this occurs, it doesn't help, the snow chain becomes a must.
Notice: in Germany a maximum speed of 50 km / h applies if you have to use the chains.
How are the snow chains mounted?
Loose or tight? Here already divide the spirits. Loose chains are better off the snow, taut strained spare the tire. But if you have a short distance to the wheel arch, you rarely have to worry about tightening the chains. It's also worth taking a look inside the wheel arch to see how much space my car has, as there are also standard sizes for the snow chains, which take up a bit more space.
Installation is not easy for inexperienced and may be rehearsed a few times before the actual use.
The principle is the same for every chain: the chain is in front of the respective tire placed, you drive a little on the chain to be able to close the ends. Different manufacturers have come up with different changes to the system, for example with a clamp that should simplify assembly.
Notice: ESP or ASR sometimes doesn't quite get along with the chains, so switching it off is recommended here.
The various manufacturers still offer various assembly techniques, such as the quick, the ring and the rope assembly. With a little practice, however, all types can be learned quickly and safely.
Advantages and disadvantages of snow chains
Snow chains provide security, no question. One of the advantages of snow chains. With a little practice, they are also quickly assembled. Even those who are in the mud, they can just pull out of the mud. But not only when driving but also when braking they prove better stability, you will not slide helplessly around on the street, the tires do not go crazy and you're still steer the tires able. Ergo: everything in terms of safety is raised.
Disadvantages arise there at most from the additional effort, since you must build the chains as soon as possible from the tires again. The chains are very good for the current situation, but in the long run they can hurt the mature. Careful work is also part of dealing with the tires. The right fit to look that scrubs nothing or something falls off. Only then can a security be guaranteed.
Where to buy snow chains best
Cheap snow chains are available from around 50 euros. Those who prefer to equip themselves with high quality can play with chains that are around 250 euros in the good midfield. Especially for people who might want or have to drive more often and in more remote areas. The difference between retail and the diverse offers on the Internet is not particularly different. You can only turn the chains with the chains at home anyway.
Conclusion: snow chains
Even though snow chains are not compulsory or you rarely drive into areas where you have to pass through snowy roads, it does not hurt to lie down in the trunk for the winter. Already from 5 cm snow, the car already clearly loses stability and you know from the past that the road clearing service now and then takes a little longer. Even if it may be cheaper in a case of emergency, worthwhile and save one, the chains can and will definitely be in case of a fall. They do not take up much space and are not infinitely heavy either. Damage, it will not. With a little practice you can also learn the assembly quickly and safely. On the next winter in terms of security nothing stands in the way..
Recommended snow chains - Top 10 top seller list
The most popular snow chains products Snow chains offers with discounts to save
- Delicate chain for narrow wheel arches
- Ratchet system for manual bracing
- Flat Innvenververschluss for narrow wheel arches
- Simple and quick installation
- 3 mm square chain links, 9 mm clearance, integrated rim protection
- Suitability for front and rear wheel drive
- High-quality stand assembly chain
- Automatic bracing with servo technology
- rim protection
- ✿ 【Upgrade 2020 car snow chains】 Made of pure premium steel, TPU thickening, steel bolts, fastening element made of ...
- 🚐 【Good compatibility】 Adjustable size universally for all vehicle models with tire widths between 165 mm -...
- 🚛 【Safe and stable device ratchet and ratchet mechanism Mit - With the ratchet part and the supplied ...
- Two units of size T.100. Metal snow chains 9 mm chains thick. Automatic tensioner. Patented product. Fast and...
- Tire size in which this chain reference can be mounted 215 / 70R14, 195 / 80R15, 215 / 70R15, 225 / 60R15, 235 / 60R15, ...
- Snow chains for narrow wheel arches • Easy to assemble: Rope chains, delicate • Extremely robust, 9 mm wide links
- Snow chains for narrow wheel arches • Size: M • Stable and compact carrying case (Dimensions: 305 x 270 x 70 mm)
- Easy to assemble: rope chains, fine-link • For tires of size: 180-15, 185-15, 195-14, 205-14, 195 / 70-15, ...
- 【Essential Winter Equipment】 Car tire chains are not just for winter and rain and snow can be a ...
- 【High quality】 Made of thickened TPU material, extremely low temperature resistant up to -50 ℃, higher ...
- 【Largely compatible】 The snow chains are suitable for most vehicles, normal cars, off-road vehicles, SUVs ...
- Stand assembly chain for 4x4 use
- Strengthened construction
- Simple assembly and disassembly thanks to the steel cable ring
- 【Upgrade version】 - 100% tendon material + 9 non-slip steel gears + adjustable nylon strap that prevents slipping ...
- 【Universal car models】 - The snow chain is suitable for all tires with a tire width of 165mm-265mm. Note: The ...
- 【Easy to Install and Remove】 - It is very easy to assemble and disassemble. The whole process takes ...
- 【The new 2020 snow tire chain from Qisiewell in yellow with replaced and reinforced straps.】 - With a thickness of ...
- 【Safe and stable device ratchet and ratchet mechanism Mit - With the ratchet part and the supplied ...
- 【Complex mesh TPU joint connections reduce noise and vibration】 - 1 set of 9 studs made of alloyed ...
Didn't find or found the right snow chain product? Then click here for even more products!
Share the snow chains contribution.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 24.11.2020/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate Links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible.