Sun protection: In addition to its positive aspects, the sun also has harmful consequences. A healthy and responsible use of the sun can therefore not only help prevent sunburn, but also reduce the risk of long-term damage, especially skin cancer.
Now read here what you can do to really protect yourself effectively from the sun and still get the positive out of it.
Sunscreen lotion in comparison
Basics - what do I need the sun for anyway?
The sun is the basis for the life of humans, animals and plants. No life is possible without the sun. From this principle alone, one can conclude that the sun is extremely important for us humans. They make us feel more alert and are often in a better mood. The sun is also extremely important for our skin, as it is responsible for well-being and external healing.
But what exactly does that mean?
The sun brings some valuable positive aspects:
- Hormone release
The sun ensures that we are in a good mood and active. The warmth also creates a high mood.
- Vitamin D formation
With the help of the sun, our body can produce vitamin D and thus strengthen our immune system, bones, muscles and teeth.
- Healing of skin diseases
Sunlight is good for you, for example with psoriasis, neurodermatitis and white spot disease. Always have a doctor monitor the good effect.
However, if we are exposed to the sun for too long, it can lead to painful sunburn and other consequences. This is due to the so-called ultraviolet rays, or UV rays for short. But more on that in a moment.
Usually we already have one by nature natural skin protection, because healthy skin neutralized the consequences the solar radiation and has a protective effect.
One sign of this is, for example, that the skin becomes exposed to prolonged exposure to the sun cornea forms as additional protection. Another sign of self-protection is that browning. The dark pigment melanin is arranged in a protective manner around the nucleus of the skin cells. That's why we get tanned.
Important to know: The tan is not a sign of healthy skin, but a pure protective reaction, which means that harmful UV rays have already penetrated the skin.
So I can say that the sun is indispensable for humans, but should be used to a healthy extent.
Recommended reading: Tips for the summer figure here.!
When can the sun harm my skin?
Above all, the aforementioned ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun have an effect on the skin. Depending on the wavelength, a distinction is made between UV-A and UV-B radiation.
The long wave UV-A radiation reaches deep into the skin layers (dermis). The effect of this is that the fibers of the skin can be damaged, which leads to a loss of elasticity with the formation of wrinkles. This type of radiation only causes one short-term tan and increases the risk for skin cancer, melanoma.
However, it is not responsible for the development of a sunburn.
The short-wave UV-B radiation penetrates the epidermis. As a result, the skin produces the pigment melanin and such a thing longer-term tanning arises, which serves as light protection. Also, this type of radiation does that Formation of vitamin D.which is important, for example, for building bones. However, UV-B is also responsible for sunburn, an inflammatory reaction that, depending on the intensity of the radiation, is associated with reddening, swelling, blistering and pain.
Sun protection: how does a sunscreen work | Sun lotion
How do I protect myself optimally and what options do I have?
There are various and numerous ways to optimally protect the skin. I would like to show you the most important ones in a clear list.
Basically, clothing offers the best protection against sunburn!
The scalp, eyes and neck in particular are quickly affected by sunburn, as they are a direct surface to the sun. Here can be a sun hat and sunglasses (UV 400) provide assistance.
Sunscreens protect for different lengths of time, depending on the sun protection factor and skin type. There are protective lotions and protective sprays with different levels of sun protection factors.
The following must be taken into account:
- Skin type (light to dark)
- Age of the person (child or adult)
- How long do I want to stay in the sun
- How strong is the sun? (Midday sun, strength depending on the region)
- Pre-existing conditions in the skin
I can still do this following recommendations pronounce:
- Apply several times before going into the sun + early
- Renew regularly, especially after bathing and drying off (even with waterproof protective agent)
- Do not exhaust the calculated protection time, rather only use up to two thirds and then apply again.
- Mineral UV protection is preferable to chemical UV protection and works faster
If you also want to protect yourself from the sun in the simplest possible way, you can make yourself comfortable in the shade. It should be noted, however, that you can also get tan here.
Which sun protection is suitable for me?
Depending on skin type, age, skin areas and situation, there are many different sunscreens that can be applied to the skin. I would now like to list the most important clues for the individual decision.
Whether you choose spray, milk, cream or gel depends on what your own skin is like. Cream is good for people with dry skin. People with oily skin are more likely to choose gel.
Particularly good sun protection is necessary for children and the elderly, because the skin is more sensitive in early and older ages. There are special products for children, mostly fragrance-free. For older people, sun protection with a high sun protection factor, from SPF 20, is recommended.
The skin varies in thickness and some areas are exposed to the sun much more. For example the face and the back of the foot. There are special sunscreens for the face, but also day creams with a sun protection factor. For particularly sensitive areas, such as the back of the foot and lower lip, it is important to always apply carefully.
The sun exposure varies, people and their surroundings are individual. Sensitive skin and diseases such as neurodermatitis play a major role in this. But also whether you are mainly in mountain regions or near water. It is important to know the influences and to choose the appropriate sun protection.
Overall, sun protection with an appropriate sun protection factor should always be selected. In addition, it is better to have a sun protection factor that is too high than one that is too low.
Sun protection: what should I watch out for with children?
Tips for everyday life
The child's skin is much thinner than adult skin. The pigments, which provide the body's own protection against UV rays, are not yet fully produced in childhood. Every time the child is sunburned, the likelihood of developing skin cancer in adulthood increases.
Young children should not be exposed to direct sun until they are around two years old. If that is not possible, there is a head protection and UV-proof clothing indispensable. If the children are older than twelve months, sunscreen can also be applied. Always use a high sun protection factor.
Always equip children with clothing, hat and sunglasses to protect them from UV rays. Always use sunglasses marked UV-400 or 100% UV protection.
Tips for everyday life:
Between 11 and 15 clock is the UV radiation highest. During this time, children should, if possible, not go out into the sun in summer. The basic rule here is that the shadow should always be preferred.
- Always use a parasol when driving a stroller.
- Children should always drink enough fluids in summer.
- Use at least a sun protection factor of 30, even in midsummer and in southern countries SPF 50.
- The nose, forehead, ears, hands, shoulders, knees and back of the feet need a lot of protection. Regular re-creaming should not be forgotten.
- Always reapply sunscreen after swimming, sweating and drying off, even if it is a waterproof product.
Simple rules to avoid
Sunburn + interesting tips
- Clothing is the best sun protection
- Avoid midday sun
- When it comes to sun protection, a lot helps a lot
- Post-creaming does not extend the protection time
- Apply even when the sky is cloudy
- Good sunscreens can also be absorbed quickly
- Even tanned skin needs protection
- The skin can also burn under water
- Pre-tanning in the tanning salon does not protect against sunburn
Buy popular beach shelter sunscreen | Buy beach shelter sun protection online cheap
Buy beach shelter sun protection - top 10 topseller list
- 💕 Multi use: It has a zippered door that ...
- 💕 Multi use: It has a zippered door that ...
- 💕 Larger for 1-2 adults: it is 110 x 140 x 110 cm, ...
- 💕 More ventilated: This UV sun tent has a curtain in ...
- UV protection: UPF 50+ sun protection, high sun protection index for ...
- Easy to use: Innovative pop-up design, no assembly ...
- Ventilation design: front doorless design, left, right and rear ...
- More use: sun protection for the whole day in the park, beach, ...
- 💕 Easy to use: this is a pop up tent, no assembly ...
- 💕 Multi use: It has a zippered door that ...
- 💕 More advantage: waterproof, light and robust, UV rating ...
- 💕 Larger for 2-4 adults: it is 170x 200 x 140 cm, ...
- [High quality materials] ---- High quality, with 190T ...
- [Sun protection] ---- This beach tent is made of high quality ...
- [Perfect design] ---- oversize 210 * 210 * 130cm, offers ...
- [Multifunctional] ---- We have this beach tent with 4 ...
- Sun protection beach tent with UV protection: UV 80 according to UV STANDARD ...
- Small beach shelter: mini pack size (40 x 8 x 8 cm) - ideal ...
- Versatile sun tent: not only offers ...
- Light beach shelter: weighs only approx. 950 g, nevertheless with 170 x ...
- Sun protection material: SPF 50+, better protect the baby from the ...
- With pool: allow baby to play in the water instead of on the shore ...
- Quickly open and collapse: The opening and assembly of the ...
- Well ventilated: mesh design on the back to let fresh air ...
- with canopy, lockable
- Dimensions: 270 x 120 x 120 cm
- UV 80+
- Accessories: 10 pegs, 6 guy ropes, 2 poles
- 【Portable throwing tent】 Family Portable Beach Tent in blue, it's ...
- 【UV protection material】 Robust 190T PU-coated, silver ...
- 【Easy to use】 This sun tent is not only suitable ...
- 【Windproof, more stable】 External sand pockets and pegs ...
- ☀ 【Large family beach tent with beach blanket】: Our ...
- ☀ 【UPF 50 + high quality fabric】: Our sun tents for the ...
- ☀ 【Stable and portable beach tent】: Thanks to the four ...
- ☀ 【Flexible aluminum posts】 Thanks to the two flexible ...
- ⛺ [Super large room for 3-4 people] The open size of ...
- ⛺ [360 ° ventilated design & UPF 50+ UV protection] Our ...
- ⛺ [Durable construction and stability] The bracket ...
- ⛺ [Waterproof and Windproof] Our Portable Extra Light ...
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
- Test: On Cloudflyer Waterproof running shoe
- Test: Xiaomi electric scooter 1S | foldable e-scooter
- Test: Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li
- Online league | Online soccer manager test | idea
- Test: 14 vegan spreads tested Zwergenwiese
- Slate slabs | Serving and decorating with slate plates
- Pore cleaner - remove blackheads from the face
- Tested: cocktail shaker set by Godmorn
- TEST: Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
- Oasser P1S electric air pump with battery test
- Guide: Bulgur | Oriental snack
- Naissance oils Top 10
- Amazon.de Portrait | Amazon Services at a glance
- Salt inhaler Top 10
- Led Aquarium Lighting Top 10
- Pogostick - buy jumping toys
- Warm winter jacket Top 10
- Pool filter system - guide water care | Pool maintenance
- Laces without tying - elastic shoelace
- Egg cutter - this is how you cut eggs perfectly
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 30.08.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs