Tuning E-Bikes: E-Bike or Pedelec Trettunterstützung tune
25 km / h with your e-bike are you too slow? You want to overtake the lame cyclists on a long distance? Do you want to accelerate in the forest or on country roads? You think about a tuning?
This guide is exactly about that. Bosch, Shimano, Yamaha have tuning kits on offer. That will be clear from the manufacturer himself, you think. - And you are wrong. We clarify. What is allowed, what is not, what consequences it can have if you do it and what you can still do. - Tuning e-bikes
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Tuning e-bikes - in comparison
An e-bike is an electrically assisted bicycle. It supports you in the pedaling process and gently relieves your joints. It's good. And that results in a higher speed. On E bike You can ride up to 25 km / h on the bike path, it is not insurable and treated as a normal normal bike. The big brother is that S-pedelec, And that's where the problems begin. Because if you're an e-bike, it's purely legal, not a bike anymore. It's not an S-pedelec, either. It's just illegal.
There are differences to an E-bike and a S-Pedelec. Closer we are in ours E-bike guide received. Here you can get a lot more information about the differences and the constructions.
E-bike tuning options
You are not the only one who is thinking about tuning. Otherwise, this market would not exist. The good news: there are many Products for your e-bike on the market. The bad ones: except on private land, they are forbidden. Below we explain why and what the law says.
But first, let's look at the different options.
Dongles are on average very cheap to buy. What you need to know here, there are different dongles and mounting instructions for every type of e-bike. What you will need in any case, is a bit of background to read the instructions and to be able to implement and the right tool.
If you do not believe this, you can ask an e-bike specialist or a specialist workshop if they will install it for you.
Remember also: any manipulation on your bike will break the manufacturer's warranty.
What is an e-bike dongle?
A dongle makes the bike computer think it is too slow and has air open up to help you pedaling. Most dongles start at 15 km / h and halve the speed. This means you will be supported by your bike instead of 25 km / h to 50 km / h.
Installation E-Bike dongle
Each bike is a bit different during assembly and you will get with each dongle a suitable guide either on the device itself or on the Internet.
Mostly the dongle is mounted in front of the speed sensor so that it can manipulate the speed there.
Magnetic box e-bike
If you do not feel like screwing half a wheel apart, it can make your bike faster in another way. A small box is pushed on the rear wheel between the spokes - done.
What is she doing there? A magnetic sensor intervenes and manipulates the speed of the bike. Manufacturers of this type indicate that the part can be removed and removed in seconds without leaving a trace.
What's up? Your bike can push up to 40 km / h. But even here your speedometer no longer shows the real speed.
|1||Badass for Private Grounds 4 Tuning, Black, One Size*||83 Reviews||€147,00||to offer|
|2||badass for private areas 4 tuning, black, Shimano*||24 Reviews||€149,00||to offer|
The Bosch and Yamaha tuning offers even more. This refers to devices such as ASA eSpeed. After assembly, these modules are almost invisible. They are also installed in the engine - a little screws is so popular. They are controlled either on the display of your bike or via smartphone through a suitable app. After installing the module, the chip must be activated. For some manufacturers, this is only possible via a computer.
It means, you just need to disable the chip and already in the bike again roadworthy. Nearly. That's right, but it's not right. On your bike has been manipulated and can be determined by a reviewer, of course. Your insurance will also ruin your bill.
|1||Wiesel e-bike tuning for Bosch Active Line | Performance Line |...*||€129,00||to offer|
|2||SpeedChip V2 e-bike tuning for Yamaha PW engines up to 75 km/h |...*||€145,00||to offer|
A JUM PED is simply plugged in instead of the actual bike computer. Pull the cable, JUM-PED on it, done. Up to 70 km / h are now possible. You can set how fast your bike should ride or support you. Allegedly, this type of manipulation should not be determined later.
Each bike has been designed to fit the engine to the size of the bike. So to get more speed out of the bike, so the stored values of the wheel size must be changed. This is quite painless on some models. You can download an app that suits your bike. Via Bluetooth, you now connect your app with the bike and reduce the customs information of your wheels.
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
For which bikes is the tuning possible?
What works, what does not work? If you have a really new bike, maybe some tricks will come out. Especially Bosch finds the tuning to be questionable and installed by now actually inhibitions.
"Most customers and dealers are not sure what dangers they are going to and what the consequences are," says Siegfried Neuberger, managing director of ZIV.
It will be harder for you. Here's a small list of engines that are definitely ready for tuning:
- Yamaha : PW Powerdrive, PW-X, PW-SE, SyncDrive SPORT / CHARGE / EVO Display / Syncdrive PRO, Syncdrive C
- Bosch : Classic Line, Active & Performance Line, Performance CX Line, Active Line Plus
- Shimano : STEPS E8000 / E 6000 / without electronic Di2
- Brose : Mid-engine, Turbo Levo / Tirbo Vado, BMZ Display
- Impulse : Impulse 2.0 / EVO RS
- Bafang : Max Drive
⧉ If you want to tune your bike, you have to hurry. 2020 will release an anti-tuning software to Bosch. This recognizes any manipulation and then turns the bike dull into an emergency program. Then it has to be restored. That works only three times. Then it has to be the Bosch service.
Legal Page E-Bike Tuning
We have briefly mentioned above what an e-bike is.
The legislature has pulled the 25 km / h and 250 watt limit and that means for you that you
- to pull a trailer with it
- the bike is not insurable
- that you do not have to wear a helmet
- and that you are allowed to ride it on the bike path
- that you can take your children (from seven years) on the bike
- you do not need a driver's license
It follows, in a tuning
- Loss of insurance (private liability) means that you have to pay all the damage you have incurred yourself
- At the same time you drive without adequate insurance, which can mean a fine of up to one year imprisonment
- if you do not have a driving license, the 1-2 means points and a fine. In severe cases, a term of imprisonment of up to one year can be imposed
- you have no operating permit. That makes then please 70 Euro and one more point
What you should consider when buying e - bike tuning
If you only want to drive on private land with it (and NO, a forest is not private) you can do that - nevertheless the manufacturer's warranty expires.
Please always be aware that by doing this you can harm yourself and others. Apart from the legal border violations mentioned above.
★ Tuning - Share with the purchase therefore always on a reliable provider and make sure that the module is necessarily compatible. If you have a Bosch bike, buy original Bosch parts if possible
★ If you are not sure, consult a specialist shop
★ Make sure everything fits your engine - if it gets damaged, you have a problem
★ Tuning is one thing - keep in mind that you may need stronger brakes, a different fork and springs
Pros and cons E-bike tuning
So we can summarize that if you are master of the situation, a tuned bike can be very enjoyable. Does all this have advantages and disadvantages?
✔ Some gadgets are easy to mount or just plugged in
✔ and are not that expensive
✔ it's fun
✘ If you move onto public roads with a tuned bike, you make yourself liable to prosecution
✘ Under certain circumstances, your manufacturer's warranty expires
✘ not suitable for all bikes
✘ your bike may not be designed to perform better
✘ your bike is also stressed by the springs, the brakes and the fork
✘ Manufacturers develop ready anti-tuning measures
✘ Good accessories are more expensive and can not be easily mounted
From a legal point of view, tuning is a disaster. The fun factor, however, is high. If you want to tune your bike, there are many different options and gadgets that can do this easily. Bosch, Yamaha, Brose, Shimano ... the most common manufacturers can be tuned, regardless of whether the accessories have to be mounted or simply plugged on.
We definitely have to advise against it. - For safety reasons.
Find the best & best-selling ebike tuning products 2022 in Honest Tests in the Top🔟
- Compatible with the Bosch 2020 FW upgrade (increased torque up to 85 Nm). Also compatible with all Bosch motors (2013-2022) such as Active...
- Not compatible with the (smart system) BES3 from 2022.
- The VOLspeed tuning chips are among the most popular e-bike tuning devices on the market. Their popularity is due to their unique...
- Made in Bavaria (Germany)
- Microprocessor (CPU) controlled
- Bike supports up to 50km / h
- Latest SpeedBox 3.0 Ebike tuning chip for all Ebikes with Bosch motors from 2015-2021 (Active, Performance, CX, Cargo). Compatible with...
- Removes the speed limit of 25 km / h (unlimited motor assistance).
- Simply switch it on or off using the WALK button or + - + - even while driving.
- All Bosch motors and displays (except Smart System with Kiox 300)
- Real speed can be read in modified form
- Can be activated and deactivated or only activated for the current journey
- ONLY compatible for Bosch Smart System with Kiox 300. Not compatible with other Bosch motors or other displays as well as e-bikes with...
- Operation via WALK button (walking aid) or +-+- Correct speed display up to 22,2 km/h. After that, the correct speed will be displayed on...
- After installation, it is necessary to enter the wheel circumference on the display and to regularly carry out a countdown process in order to...
- 🔥 Compatible with the following engines: Active Line, Active Line Plus, Performance Line, Pformance Line CX Line incl. engines of the 4th generation.(...
- 🔥 When using the SpeedBox 3.0 in 4th generation Bosch motors (from year of construction 2020), the e-bike must be switched on after the end of the ride...
- 🔥 With the SpeedBox 3.0 tuning chip, you can freely set the speed limiter of the e-bike. After installing the chip,...
- Compatible with all Bosch e-bike motors, also 2020 Gen. 4! ( BOSCH Active, Performance, CX ) Also compatible with model years before 2020
- Compatible with KIOX, INTUVIA, NYON, PURION and COBI displays.
- Of course, the existing support levels and start-up profiles are retained. Programming / operation via free...
- Compatible for Haibike Flyon e-bikes. High-end Bluetooth e-bike tuning for Flyon - control via free SpeedBox app with your smartphone...
- Operation via app / light button and +-+- correct display of all values such as speed, remaining range, etc. Long-lasting quality with...
- Watch our video here on how to install and operate your SpeedBox Flyon....
- Shipping DHL Express Delivery in 1-2 days
- Compatible with all 2022 BOSCH engines such as Active Line, Active Line Plus, Performance Line and Performance CX Line, including engines of the...
- EASY INSTALLATION The SpeedBox tuning chip comes with original connectors and color coded cables for an easy and perfect fit...
- Compatible with the following engines: Active Line, Active Line Plus, Performance Line, Pformance Line CX Line including engines of the 4th generation....
- When using the SpeedBox 3.0 in 4th generation Bosch motors (from year of manufacture 2020), the e-bike must remain switched on after the end of the ride,...
- With the SpeedBox 3.0 tuning chip, you can freely set the speed limiter of the e-bike. After installing the chip, the...
- Test: Gardena cordless grass and shrub shears | Edging Shears
- Test: StyleCare Prestige | Automatic curling iron
- Bosch MUM 5 kitchen machine - the versatility in the kitchen
- Test: Tribit Stormbox | Outdoor bluetooth speaker
- Test: Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total
- Drinking tube for PET bottles - water at hand at all times
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a tuning e-bike test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Tuning e-bikes If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
How to easily find the best tuning e-bike product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the product tuning e-bikes?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. Nevertheless, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the product tuning e-bikes, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare your found tuning e-bikes products. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can vary greatly.
Which manufacturers or brands produce tuning e-bikes?
If you are looking for a "Tuning E-Bikes" product and want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed down your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & characteristics do I need for tuning e-bikes and which do I not?
How to choose the best tuning e-bikes product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about tuning e-bikes products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Tuning e-bikes reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few tuning e-bikes products on your list that match your wishes. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative tuning e-bikes reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong tuning e-bikes product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the tuning e-bikes product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the tuning e-bike product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will give you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming tuning e-bike purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for problems with tuning e-bikes?
⭐ Ask for experiences and tips in your personal area on the subject of tuning e-bikes or products.
⭐ The top 10 list from Honest Tests takes you to the best and most popular tuning e-bikes products with links to ratings & reviews, where you can find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a tuning e-bike test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Tuning e-bikes test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Tuning e-bikes test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Tuning e-bikes test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Tuning e-bikes test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Tuning e-bikes test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Tuning e-bikes test check.
How to buy tuning e-bikes! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for tuning e-bikes products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many more other. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for tuning e-bikes are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying tuning e-bikes?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your tuning e-bikes product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your tuning e-bikes product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are satisfied with the tuning e-bike product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
honest-tests.de can you do good Order tuning e-bikes products online at good prices – Buy tuning e-bikes online. Simply order tuning e-bikes online, find tuning e-bikes products and Buy tuning e-bikes products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or order tuning e-bikes products on the Internet. Buy tuning e-bikes: Order good products like tuning e-bikes online - at a good price! Search tuning e-bikes – find tuning e-bikes – order tuning e-bikes online!
The honest tests website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as tuning e-bikes at good prices on the Internet and to order tuning e-bikes products directly to your home.
If you want to order tuning e-bikes online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying tuning e-bikes products is so easy! - Super easy to order tuning e-bikes products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs