I switched to the Kärcher KHB 5 cordless pressure washer because I only have to clean an area of about 25 m2 made of paving stones and terrace slabs and would like to do without a long power cable. The model I have now tested should be an absolute alternative and provide more comfortable handling and quick operational readiness for smaller areas.
The Kärcher cordless pressure cleaner KHB 5 offers such a possibility and delivers a powerful 18 volt and 2,5 Ah battery. Cleaning with medium pressure should deliver the same good result as an electricity-based high-pressure cleaner from Kärcher. Well, let's see!
Kärcher is currently offering this cordless pressure washer with a battery for 209 euros. Without a battery it is available from 131,99 euros. Cordless pressure washers are medium-pressure cleaners
I have tested the pressure washer with a battery and report on the positive aspects and weaknesses.
Battery pressure washers in comparison
First impression | Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 5
The Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 5 makes one very compact and professional first impression. First you hold the device in your hand, without the battery and nozzle. At this moment you cannot imagine this Pressure washers can really do a great job.
What quickly surprised me in a positive way is that the Battery via a digital display disposes, which shows the battery capacity in minutes. This is of course an enormous advantage for operations.
The nozzle can be used comfortably, this is quick and straightforward for me succeeded. Overall, the set delivers 2 different nozzles, one to the normal Cleaning and one for removing stubbornly soiled areas.
The Kärcher cordless pressure washer already has one integrated water connection. This corresponds to the norm and thus the conventional garden hose can be used directly connect.
Connected, the Kärcher makes a very good impression, with a weight of 2,9 kilograms the device lies comfortably in the hand. The water is sprayed in a simple way at the push of a button.
Preparations and functions
The Kärcher KHB 5 pressure washer is operated with a rechargeable battery, which means that it must be recharged before the first use using the charger supplied to be charged. The first charging process takes a completely damaged battery about 4 hours, this should therefore be taken into account before using it for the first time. Kärcher offers a Quick charger at which the Charge the battery to 44% in just 80 minutes should whether you have such a Charger required, however, everyone has to decide for themselves.
I have focused on the basics because my use can always be planned and I always charge the battery after each use. The Connection on the device is standardized according to European standards, but it should Nevertheless, before the planned use, it should be tested once whether everything fits.
Furthermore, I should think in advance what kind of cleaning should be done. The Kärcher KHB 5 cordless pressure cleaner can be used to work on various surfaces, including facades, fences, tiles, stones, bicycles, cars and Tools. In order to achieve optimal cleaning, this should be done the correct spray lance must be selected.
Commissioning and handling
Before I started using it, I noticed that this Kärcher KHB 5 no use for detergents owns. Accordingly, this model is only suitable for removing stubborn dirt and for general cleaning. This device does not achieve a “care effect”, which is ultimately not a must.
The device is super easy connect to the domestic water supply. The shape is ergonomically comfortable, and I immediately have the feeling that you are too can work with it permanently. Even if it feels strange at first that I only hold the handle with a steel tube and this should deliver an equally strong spray strength.
The battery is easy to connect and plug in. Once the device is turned on, that enlightens Display and battery level is in remaining Minutes are displayed.
In the first few moments, I find the handling itself pleasant and easy to use.
Usage + Result + battery capacity
After I connected the water hose, I was able to activate the water jet at the push of a button. I have the first Terrace slabs and paving stones cleaned on the driveway. I actually felt the beam as very strong and I could quickly see that the Green covering removed from the plates become. The difference to before was clearly good!
I got a similar result on the cobblestones, even if I had to clean a little longer here. But this may also be due to the surface of the Seine.
I have this for cleaning the bike Jet lance changed and switched from high pressure to cleaning. It was really pleasant to use and the result was great. Even after 10 minutes, I didn't feel like the arm was getting heavy.
However, I noticed that the The battery with its capacity of 20 minutes is rather short is. The 20 minutes go by very quickly, so it should Projects are always associated with the times. Additionally can . a 2nd battery can be bought.
On the positive side, however, the digital display of the battery level is good works and realistically displayed is.
Overall, I can say that the Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 5 does a great job and versatile is. Battery operation is absolute comfortable for smaller areas and ready for use much faster than conventional high-pressure cleaners.
Helpful tips for the Kärcher with battery
- I recommend charging the battery immediately after using the Kärcher
- If you work over a large area, you should think about a second battery
- Always choose the right nozzle for the cleaning purpose
- Before planning to use it, check the compatibility of the connection with the water hose
- An electrical device should be used for large areas
NEW | Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 6
Advantages and disadvantages of Kärcher KHB 5
- Fair price segment
- Easy handling
- Immediate operational readiness
- Proper cleaning results on all surfaces
- No more power operation due to the strong battery
- Fast charging possible
- Low battery life (20 minutes)
- Long charging time (4 hours)
Summary: Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 5
The KHB 5 cordless pressure washer from Kärcher delivers a great and, above all, thorough Result. The cleaner can be used on any object or surface to be cleaned can be set in order to achieve the best possible result.
In my test, the Kärcher KHB 5 cordless pressure cleaner with a battery life of 20 minutes for smaller Terrace surfaces and cleaning of bicycles and tools are convincing. The cleaning was simple and pleasant, I think the device is not too hard.
For large areas, I recommend using an electricity-powered Kärcher so that continuous work is possible.
Overall, I rate the cleaner as absolute alternative for quick cleaning of objects. In my test it did very well and was a reliable one Work done. I consider the price segment to be fair and in line with the market.
The Kärcher made cleaning absolutely easier for me. If you have larger areas and want more pressure, you should go to one Pressure Washer access or in a guidebook High pressure cleaner from Bosch inquire.
Popular Cordless Pressure Washer Buy | Buy cordless pressure washers online at low prices
Buy cordless pressure washers - top 10 topseller list
- The Hydroshot is operated with a 21 V / 4,0 Ah battery for ...
- The high-pressure cleaner impresses with up to 8-fold pressure ...
- Different nozzles offer a wide range of possible uses: ...
- The cleaning agent nozzle included in the scope of delivery ...
- Flexible working even in areas without fixed power and ...
- Spray lance with 6 spray functions: 1st spray angle 0 °, 2nd ...
- Self-priming function and 6 m water hose with filter basket and ...
- Incl. Fast charger - only 60 minutes charging time // 3-stage ...
- Mobile 18 volt cordless pressure washer for comfortable and ...
- Flexible water connection: draws water from every available ...
- 5-in-1 multifunctional nozzle allows the right setting for ...
- Part of the 18 volt Powerconnect battery system: the 18V batteries ...
- The Easy Tools from Bosch the handy helpers for everyone ...
- The compact EasyAquatak 120 high-pressure cleaner for ...
- Versatile application options thanks to the extensive ...
- Compact and handy thanks to sturdy construction and practical ...
- Mobile cleaners in various leisure areas: camping, ...
- With integrated battery, can be charged via 220V connection
- Effective cleaning through 10.000 pulsating vibrations and 12 ...
- Water pressure adjustable from 3 to 8 bar. Transport brackets ...
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
- Test: TonieBox by Tonies | Music & radio plays for children
- Test: Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 5 | Strong performance and thorough result?
- Test: Tefal OptiGrill + | Contact grill
- Products from the Chain Bridge Honey Farm - family business for centuries
- Test: Abox laminator OL381 | 5 in 1 lamination set
- Huawei P30 Pro | Review
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.11.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs