The Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li is ideal for smaller areas - gardens, patios. It powerfully removes the annoying leaves on terraces and garden areas. The ALB 18 LI gives you the freedom to work anywhere in the garden and, thanks to its cordless use, offers maximum freedom of movement. In addition, the cordless leaf blower can be stored in a space-saving manner thanks to the removable blower tube.
The practical leaf blower for the garden is currently available for € 89,00.
I have tested the battery-powered blower and now report on my experiences.
Battery leaf blower in comparison
First impression | Installation Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
Immediately after unpacking, you notice that the blower only consists of the motor unit, the battery, the blower tube and the instructions. Everything together was after in my case about 4 minutes assembled. Particularly noteworthy is the amazing one Leichtigkeit of the Bosch leaf blower. With 1,8 Kg it is very light in the hand and makes a great first impression.
I previously had a model with a petrol engine, which I found rather cumbersome in practice, for this reason I am happy and at the same time excited about the use with battery operation.
After the battery is plugged in, the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li is ready for use. I find the handle to be durable and not a hindrance in the long term. The blower can be switched on at the push of a button. This can also be clicked into place for relief so that it does not have to be pressed permanently. With a size of 89 x 16 x 22 cm the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li also has a good, handy size and at first glance it is very suitable for smaller gardens and areas.
I honestly did not use the enclosed instructions at all, as the structure and commissioning are self-explanatory. Only the battery has to be fully charged before it is used for the first time.
Use | How is the suction power ?
Now I was excited about the first use and wanted to test the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li directly. Similar models from Stihl, Makita and Husqvarna also have battery technology, but are priced higher.
The 18 Volt battery was after about 1 Hour already charged and ready for use by the lithium ions. In contrast to gasoline-powered blowers, you can immediately notice after switching on that the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li very quiet and calm is working. I was immediately impressed in the first test. In particular, I find it particularly pleasant that the wind instrument runs very quietly and free of vibrations. This means that you can blow for the full battery life without causing pain or discomfort.
Now I was curious about the suction power. It should be quick and functional, especially in autumn, when the trees are throwing leaves. The manufacturer Bosch provides the suction power 210 Km / h at. And the Bosch wind instrument actually delivers a great and strong performance. The speed is of course not measurable for me, but leaves and even hedge trimmings can be blown to the side surprisingly well and over a large area.
The powerful Bosch 18 volt lithium-ion battery with 2,5 Ah should according to manufacturer 17 Minutes create. In my test it was even 21 minutes, but with short breaks in between. Nevertheless, I think that Bosch is doing quite well in the specification with this battery specification.
The blower tube was also manufactured in such a way that blowing can be easily controlled through an opening that is becoming increasingly narrower. Thus, the full power is concentrated on a small opening at the pipe's entrance.
After work is done, you can Tube even removed storage space is thus possible without the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li taking up a lot of space in the shed.
Overall, I'm with very satisfied with the first test of the Bosch ALB 18Li leaf blower.
What advantages and disadvantages ?
- Very easy
- Battery operated (environmentally friendly)
- High blowing speed
- Removable blower tube
- Good price segment
- Low battery life
- No speed regulation
Worth mentioning & tips for Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
This Bosch leaf blower can be purchased with batteries of different strengths. On the one hand as 18 volt variant with 2,5 Ah and on the other hand as 36 volt variant with 2,6 Ah. For this purpose, before buying, you should consider which area you want to free from leaves, for example. The battery life is very different in this case.
The ALB 18Li model is sufficient for smaller gardens and areas, but the ALB 36Li model should be considered for larger areas. In my opinion, it makes sense that this Bosch model should already have a speed control. Otherwise, especially with piles of leaves, it happens that they are blown away again at too high a speed.
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories for optimal use. I always recommend one second battery to buy so that a full battery is always available.
Bosch itself also offers a quick charger at. Whether you really need it is an open question, as the charging process is already completed after 1 hour.
The storage should basically Dry respectively. The manufacturer specifies that the battery in particular should be stored warm at very low temperatures so that the cold does not destroy the technology.
Accessories - Bosch leaf blower ALB 19Li
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories. In principle, anything can be bought that breaks down over time. In the long run, the first wear part will always be the battery. However, as described, this can be recruited.
The The blower tube is made of plastic and thus scratches or damage are unavoidable. The blower pipe can also be reordered if necessary, which I do not consider necessary, however.
If it has to be quick, it can quick charger can be obtained. The conventional charging process takes about 1 hour. It should be done quickly with the quick charger.
Overall, this model can also be purchased as a starter set for € 144, which includes an additional battery with a second charger.
If you want to buy the device even without a battery, you only have to pay € 59,90.
Recommended reading: Buy a leaf blower? here !
Summary: Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
The Bosch ALB 18Li leaf blower, with its very light weight and battery operation, is ideal for smaller gardens or terraces. The suction power is good and absolutely sufficient for normal operation. The battery could last a little longer in my opinion, but a second battery is fine for all of the work.
I think the current price of 89 € is in line with the market and absolutely okay.
With regard to the storage of the fan, I find it very helpful to remove the fan tube.
So if you are looking for a good leaf blower that is powered by a powerful battery, you won't go wrong with this model.
Perhaps Bosch will still be able to regulate the speed of this model as well.
further cordless leaf blowers
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling cordless leaf blowers products 2022 on Honest Tests
- Powerful despite its light and handy design
- With electronic speed control
- The soft grip and the handy, lightweight construction ensure a pleasant working feeling
- The cordless leaf blower ALB 18 LI - for all cleaning work around the garden
- Easy foliage removal from walkways, driveways and lawns with air speeds of up to 210 km / h
- The battery offers flexibility - suitable for all home improvement and garden tools from Bosch with 18 Volt
- The Einhell cordless leaf blower GP-LB 36/210 Li E-Solo is, with its handy design, an easy-to-use device that can be set up quickly...
- As a member of the PXC family, the leaf blower has all the wireless freedom of the series: The rechargeable batteries with the lithium-ion cells can...
- With the electronic speed control, the blowing power can be precisely dosed. For areas that require intensive use...
- 🐳【Compatibility】Only with MAKITA 18V LITHIUM-ION BATTERY BL1815 BL1820 BL1830 BL1840 BL1850 BL1860. You can bring your own batteries and...
- 🐳【Applicable scene】Car cleaning, leaf cleaning, lawn cleaning, factory cleaning, house cleaning, work dust, etc. Note: The ...
- 🐳【Smart Design】Ergonomic non-slip grip makes it easier for you to complete tasks
- Power X-Change - The cordless leaf blower GP-LB 18/200 Li GK-Solo is part of the Einhell Power X-Change family, in which batteries, chargers and...
- Brushless Motor - The low-maintenance and powerful brushless motor ensures maximum performance with longer running times compared to ...
- High performance - The integrated turbo switch and the ...
- ❤ WIRELESS DESIGN ❤: With an 18 V / 2,0 Ah lithium-ion battery and a quick charger, you can use this WESCO cordless leaf blower in 1 ...
- ❤ 110 MPH EFFICIENT FAN SPEED ❤: The highest speed is up to 110 MPH. This is how you can blow clean your...
- ❤ STRONG PERFORMANCE ❤: The pure copper motor has low heat generation and low power consumption, which means that wood chips, ...
- 【Axial Fan Design & 680m³/h】Battery leaf blower uses an innovative axial flow fan design that maximizes the output air volume and wind force...
- 【Ergonomic design 】When operating, battery blower is naturally inclined to the direction of blowing, maintaining perfect balance, which can...
- 【Motor protection】 The airflow in leaf blowers with battery is guided around the motor so that the motor heat is dissipated faster, which ...
- 【Advanced engine and turbo engine technology】 The LIGO leaf blower has a copper engine, which thanks to advanced turbo technology ...
- 【Ultra-Light and Ergonomic Design】LIGO responds to customers' needs; the cordless LIGO leaf blower is user-friendly, it...
- 【All accessories, battery and charger included】 LIGO leaf blower is a good choice, all accessories are in the ...
- The Einhell cordless leaf vacuum/leaf blower GE-CL 36 Li E-Solo is a useful and practical helper, designed for a multifunctional...
- You can switch from suction to blowing function without tools and without much effort. In this way, the change of function can be carried out without any...
- Thanks to the 2 large guide wheels, the cordless leaf vacuum can be parked and pushed when working on the ground, which reduces the weight...
COMPACT AND PRACTICAL: The cordless DELTAFOX cordless leaf blower is easy to assemble and ready to use at the push of a button. In the...
CONVENIENT OPERATION: Sweeping is a thing of the past, the cordless leaf blower has a blowpipe with a practical scraping edge for loosening damp leaves....
STRONG PERFORMANCE: With the help of the powerful 18V 2,0 Ah battery, it can be used in a variety of ways and with many of our products in the garden and workshop ...
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | Fitness | You like product testing read?
- Test: pull-up bar by Pullup & Dip | Wall Mount & Detachable | Indoors & Outdoors
- Sportstech RSX500 rowing machine review | 16 programs for the perfect back training
- Fast charging with Power Delivery | USB-PD | 65W UGREEN Fast Charger
- Test: best thermal container for food? | warm meals for on the go
- Test: Kärcher high-pressure cleaner K3 | Premium Power Control
- Test: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop Pro (STYTJO2YM) | Robot vacuum cleaner with wiping function
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 28.05.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs