The Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li is ideal for smaller areas - gardens, patios. It powerfully removes the annoying leaves on terraces and garden areas. The ALB 18 LI gives you the freedom to work anywhere in the garden and, thanks to its cordless use, offers maximum freedom of movement. In addition, the cordless leaf blower can be stored in a space-saving manner thanks to the removable blower tube.
The practical leaf blower for the garden is currently available for € 89,00.
I have tested the battery-powered blower and now report on my experiences.
Battery leaf blower in comparison
First impression | Installation Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
Immediately after unpacking, you notice that the blower only consists of the motor unit, the battery, the blower tube and the instructions. Everything together was after in my case about 4 minutes assembled. Particularly noteworthy is the amazing one Leichtigkeit of the Bosch leaf blower. With 1,8 Kg it is very light in the hand and makes a great first impression.
I previously had a model with a petrol engine, which I found rather cumbersome in practice, for this reason I am happy and at the same time excited about the use with battery operation.
After the battery is plugged in, the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li is ready for use. I find the handle to be durable and not a hindrance in the long term. The blower can be switched on at the push of a button. This can also be clicked into place for relief so that it does not have to be pressed permanently. With a size of 89 x 16 x 22 cm the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li also has a good, handy size and at first glance it is very suitable for smaller gardens and areas.
I honestly did not use the enclosed instructions at all, as the structure and commissioning are self-explanatory. Only the battery has to be fully charged before it is used for the first time.
Use | How is the suction power ?
Now I was excited about the first use and wanted to test the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li directly. Similar models from Stihl, Makita and Husqvarna also have battery technology, but are priced higher.
18 Volt battery was after about 1 Hour already charged and ready for use by the lithium ions. In contrast to gasoline-powered blowers, you can immediately notice after switching on that the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li very quiet and calm is working. I was immediately impressed in the first test. In particular, I find it particularly pleasant that the wind instrument runs very quietly and free of vibrations. This means that you can blow for the full battery life without causing pain or discomfort.
Now I was curious about the suction power. It should be quick and functional, especially in autumn, when the trees are throwing leaves. The manufacturer Bosch provides the suction power 210 Km / h at. And the Bosch wind instrument actually delivers a great and strong performance. The speed is of course not measurable for me, but leaves and even hedge trimmings can be blown to the side surprisingly well and over a large area.
The powerful Bosch 18 volt lithium-ion battery with 2,5 Ah should according to manufacturer 17 Minutes create. In my test it was even 21 minutes, but with short breaks in between. Nevertheless, I think that Bosch is doing quite well in the specification with this battery specification.
The blower tube was also manufactured in such a way that blowing can be easily controlled through an opening that is becoming increasingly narrower. Thus, the full power is concentrated on a small opening at the pipe's entrance.
After work is done, you can Tube even removed storage space is thus possible without the Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li taking up a lot of space in the shed.
Overall, I'm with very satisfied with the first test of the Bosch ALB 18Li leaf blower.
What advantages and disadvantages ?
- Very easy
- Battery operated (environmentally friendly)
- High blowing speed
- Removable blower tube
- Good price segment
- Low battery life
- No speed regulation
Worth mentioning & tips for Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
This Bosch leaf blower can be purchased with batteries of different strengths. On the one hand as 18 volt variant with 2,5 Ah and on the other hand as 36 volt variant with 2,6 Ah. For this purpose, before buying, you should consider which area you want to free from leaves, for example. The battery life is very different in this case.
The ALB 18Li model is sufficient for smaller gardens and areas, but the ALB 36Li model should be considered for larger areas. In my opinion, it makes sense that this Bosch model should already have a speed control. Otherwise, especially with piles of leaves, it happens that they are blown away again at too high a speed.
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories for optimal use. I always recommend one second battery to buy so that a full battery is always available.
Bosch itself also offers a quick charger at. Whether you really need it is an open question, as the charging process is already completed after 1 hour.
The storage should basically Dry respectively. The manufacturer specifies that the battery in particular should be stored warm at very low temperatures so that the cold does not destroy the technology.
Accessories - Bosch leaf blower ALB 19Li
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories. In principle, anything can be bought that breaks down over time. In the long run, the first wear part will always be the battery. However, as described, this can be recruited.
The blower tube is made of plastic and thus scratches or damage are unavoidable. The blower pipe can also be reordered if necessary, which I do not consider necessary, however.
If it has to be quick, it can quick charger can be obtained. The conventional charging process takes about 1 hour. It should be done quickly with the quick charger.
Overall, this model can also be purchased as a starter set for € 144, which includes an additional battery with a second charger.
If you want to buy the device even without a battery, you only have to pay € 59,90.
Recommended reading: Buy a leaf blower? here !
Summary: Bosch cordless leaf blower 18 Li
The Bosch ALB 18Li leaf blower, with its very light weight and battery operation, is ideal for smaller gardens or terraces. The suction power is good and absolutely sufficient for normal operation. The battery could last a little longer in my opinion, but a second battery is fine for all of the work.
I think the current price of 89 € is in line with the market and absolutely okay.
With regard to the storage of the fan, I find it very helpful to remove the fan tube.
So if you are looking for a good leaf blower that is powered by a powerful battery, you won't go wrong with this model.
Perhaps Bosch will still be able to regulate the speed of this model as well.
further cordless leaf blowers
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling cordless leaf blowers products 2022 on honest tests
- Powerful despite its light and handy design
- With electronic speed control
- The soft grip and the handy, lightweight construction ensure a pleasant working feeling
- Wattage: 72.0
- Voltage: 36.0
- Energy source: battery operated
- Handy blower with long blowpipe for comfortable work
- Electronic switch for stepless speed control
- Additional 3-stage setting wheel for fixed speeds
- The cordless leaf blower ALB 18 LI - for all cleaning work around the garden
- Easy foliage removal from walkways, driveways and lawns with air speeds of up to 210 km / h
- The battery offers flexibility - suitable for all home improvement and garden tools from Bosch with 18 Volt
- Brushless motor for more endurance, longer life and more compact design
- 【Advanced engine】 The Bigzzia battery leaf blower latest engine upgrades and turbocharger technology, and the engine consumes less ...
- 【Two Batteries】 We have provided our customers with two 20V 2000mah battery packs, which perfectly solve the problem of insufficient battery life ...
- 【Ergonomic design】 Bigzzia leaf blower handle is wrapped with flexible rubber to prevent slipping more comfort and ...
- The Einhell cordless leaf blower GE-LB 36/210 Li E-Solo with its light and handy design is an easy-to-use and...
- As a member of the high-performance Power X-Change family, the leaf blower has all the wireless freedom of the series: the batteries with the...
- The brushless motor guarantees longer running times and more power than conventional carbon brush motors. The balance handle with...
- The leaf blower and vacuum is ideal for quickly removing stubborn and damp garden waste, accelerated by the...
- Extremely strong: 270 km/h blowing speed and 8 m³/min suction power - the 8-way adjustable blowing and suction power allows a ...
- With function selector switch + support rollers: Ease of use by simply switching from blowing to suction function and convenient maneuvering
- EASY TO START - insert the 24V battery and get started: with the cordless leaf vacuum & blower you can start gardening immediately without cables - 2x4Ah ...
- EASY HANDLING - with our leaf blower, you can switch from blowing mode to suction mode without tools and in just a few simple steps, ...
- POWERFUL - our leaf blower is equipped with a dual slot for more power and longer runtimes and thus achieves a maximum ...
- Powerful and ergonomic cordless blower for private users
- For quick and efficient cleaning of small areas from leaves and debris
- For use in noise-sensitive areas
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 25.05.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs