How to get your clothes straight without an iron and ironing board
“That little bit of household chores can't be that difficult, says my husband,” sings Johanna von Koczian. This song describes the household chores that exist, but in no way could be perceived as real work. At most as a necessary measure in the area of recreational activities. Well, Johanna's husband might not have known anything about ironing in 1977. If he was still with us, he might get his hands on a steam straightener / steam brush. It doesn't replace an iron, and it doesn't replace a woman either, but it makes ironing a lot easier.
What exactly the steamer or steam brush is, what it can do, whether it is useful or just takes up space - that is what we will deal with in this guide. We check the pros and cons and see what you should consider when buying a steam straightener. - Top 10 steamer
Steam straightener Top 10 - in comparison
What is a steam iron?
The steam straightener is a small electrically powered device that looks a bit like a hand vacuum cleaner. It does not suck, it steams. More than a hundred degrees are required for water to work up a sweat. The smoother must be correspondingly powerful. This has its advantages, because not only wrinkles are smoothed out, the steam smoother also fights bacteria and bad smells at the same time. Due to the hot humidity, the fibers are smoothed. Unlike when ironing, because they are pressed flat under heat. Thus, with a steam brush and sensitive substances can be smoothed. Silk, for example. If you want to take care of your mattress or freshen up upholstered furniture with a steam brush is also right.
Does he replace an iron?
Unfortunately no, a smoother is to be seen as a supplement. Places where an iron is difficult or impossible to reach can be ironed out well with the small steamer. Even special fabrics or delicate details such as sequins or imprints, should not iron because of the heat, but vaping. However, if you have no knack for ironing, you can try a steam iron. The shirt certainly looks smoother. Maybe that's enough.
Iron vs. Vs. Garment Steamers
When ironing, the fibers are flattened by heat. This method is out of the question for some textiles, especially those that have a high proportion of artificial fibers or are particularly sensitive, such as silk. So-called steam irons are gentler on the fabrics. But here you are also dependent on the ironing board. There are people who just don't have the patience to iron or just can't manage to iron it flat. People like me, for example. Such a steam straightener is twice as useful here. On the one hand, it does not take up as much space as a whole ironing board including iron, on the other hand, you do not "smooth" any irreversible creases in the fabric. A steam straightener eliminates odors and bacteria and is ideal for in between.
What possibilities does the steam straightener offer?
Here once Stichworthaft the diverse applications of a Dampfglätters:
- Refresh upholstered furniture
- Refresh mattress
- Smooth the curtains
- suitable for silk
- for shirts
- Garments with sequin trim or which with
- bed linen
- delicate clothes
- also wedding dresses
- Pieces with lace
Basically anything that you can not (or want to) iron and at the same time could carry out a cleansing refreshment.
What you should consider when buying
The different manufacturers of course have different models on offer. Here you have to decide what is important to you, in advance, so that you do not notice when smoothening that you would have opted better for another product. A little checklist:
- How much money do I want to spend?
- how much watts / power do I want?
- how long should / must the cable be?
- how much tank volume do I want?
- Are there enough accessories for my projects?
- how much do I want to edit on average?
- how heavy should the device be (am I often on the way where it should be)?
- Do I prefer a particular brand? Or color?
- is the temperature adjustable?
⇒ Note: If you have very chalky water, you will not be able to descale the steamer every now and then or filter the water in advance. If the nozzles can not spray the steam cleanly, droplet formation can occur, and sensitive materials can then be seen as water spots.
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics .!
Accessories are plentiful and plentiful and everything is what you need for a steam straightener for home use. Available are:
- different brush attachments
- Protective gloves
- Accessories especially for collar and
- Hangers and systheme for hanging the clothes
Advantages and disadvantages of a Dampfglätters
Again, there are advantages and disadvantages that we have summarized:
- not very expensive
- good for the shirt in between
- mobile and therefore suitable for travel
- Upholstered furniture and mattresses are easy to freshen up
- gentler than an iron
- to even out
- against bacteria
- against odors
- does not replace an iron
- consuming, if you have to steam many clothes
- not suitable for thicker textiles
- maybe the water tank is too small (pay attention to a sufficient size when buying)
⇒ Tip: one size larger is a stand steamer. Although these models can be pushed from a to b, they are very robust and therefore heavy. The advantage is that you have more power and a larger water tank. This allows you to steam smooth several items of clothing one after the other without having to refill the tank. A kind of steam station for clothes. Thicker textiles can also be smoothed and processed with it.
A steam iron is not an iron, but an excellent supplement. If you can not wrinkle, you might want to take a closer look at these smoothers for the sake of their nerves and protection. There are plenty of accessories, if you want to do more, you have the opportunity to buy a stand steam smoother. Although takes as much space as an iron, but upright. He makes plenty of steam and power, of course different from manufacturer to manufacturer. The result is threefold good: no wrinkles, no bacteria, no muffle - and for a price that has washed itself.
Popular steam brush buy | Buy steam brush cheap online
Buy steam brush - top 10 topseller list
- Powerful 1600 Watt
- 25 g / min. Steam output thanks to the integrated electric pump ...
- Ceramic-coated heating plate for excellent gliding
- LCD display with 2 settings (Eco / Normal)
- Powerful 1000 Watt
- 20 g / min. continuous steam output thanks to integrated ...
- Suitable for all types of fabrics
- Vertical and horizontal use possible
- 【Eliminate 99,99% bacteria】 LOFTer steam brush can wrinkle ...
- 【Fast heating & large spray volume】 The unique ...
- 【Suitable for removing all substances & odors】 Steam straightener ...
- 【Lightweight and Portable & Easy to Use】 One Switch ...
- Rapid heating, ready to use in 45 seconds, saves time and ...
- Including 3 attachments: Fine attachment for items of clothing, ...
- No ironing board necessary, vapor lock switch for continuous ...
- Ready for operation for up to 11 minutes with one water tank filling, ...
- Quick straightening of clothes without an ironing board for light to ...
- Better results thanks to vertical and horizontal steaming, ...
- Safe on all fabrics, no burns - automatic ...
- Heat-resistant storage bag, compact design for ...
- The high-performance heating element of the steam brush provides ...
- With 2 interchangeable attachments for different clothes. 1 )...
- The latest design with 7 power steam nozzles ensures a ...
- Suitable for almost all fabrics such as cotton, silk, wool, ...
- 【Super fast】 The 1500 watt power makes it ideal ...
- 【2-in-1】 Thanks to its 2-in-1 design, the TEQStone smoothes ...
- 【Portable】 The mini iron is foldable and lightweight and ...
- 【Safe on all fabrics】 Our travel iron is on ...
- High pressure steam station with ideal high pressure boiler technology ...
- Steam brush Access Steam First DT6131 worth € 69,99 in ...
- Time savings thanks to high pressure steam power with an intense burst of steam ...
- Continuous steam delivery of 155 g / min. for efficient ...
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
Steam Brush - Purchase Advisor
Your questions that you should ask yourself to find your suitable product.
- What budget do I have to buy?
- What do I want to do exactly with the product?
- Where can I find a steam brush for a good price?
- Which steam brush products do other people recommend?
- How do I best use steam brush, are there any hints on the internet?
- What is the quality of steam brush?
- How To Use Steam Brush Properly!
- What are the special features of this product that I really want to have?
- Are there often problems with steam brush products?
- What is the shelf life of the product?
- Can you find solutions to the problem?
- Can you find steam brush tests or on the internet Steam brush comparisons?
How many people recommended or rated steam brush in 2021?Feel free to share the steam brush post.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 2.12.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs