With the Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li, hedges can be cut quickly and easily. Special teeth on the front of the knife should easily cut branches up to 25mm in diameter. Cuts along walls and floors are possible thanks to the existing knife protection.
But how strong is the battery and how precisely can I really cut with the Bosch AHS 50-20 Li cordless hedge trimmer?
First impression / commissioning
Immediately after unpacking, it is noticeable that the scissors only consist of the motor unit with sword, the battery and the instructions. Bosch has basically mastered this well, because with other devices (leaf vacuum, leaf blower, etc.) nothing has to be assembled in a big way, you can get started quickly. Everything was put together in my case after about 5 minutes. Particularly noteworthy is the amazing one Leichtigkeit of the Bosch hedge trimmer.
With 2,42 Kg it is very light in the hand and makes a great first impression.
I had previously used a model with a petrol engine, but I quickly had difficulties keeping it partially upside down. Since a gasoline engine requires fuel, the weight increases at the same time, which makes holding it very exhausting in the long run. For this reason I am pleased and at the same time excited about the use with battery operation.
Only the battery has to be plugged in for operation, but it is delivered uncharged. The device is then ready for use. I find the handle to be durable and not a hindrance in the long term. Through the generous grip it is possible to work straight and even overhead. The Bosch scissors can be switched on by pressing a button.
With a size of 101.2 x 23.8 x 19 cm, the Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li also has a good, handy size and at first glance it is very suitable for smaller hedges.
I honestly did not need the enclosed instructions, as the structure and commissioning are self-explanatory. Only the battery, as already described, has to be fully charged once before it is used for the first time.
The first use | Quality of the hedge cut
Now I was excited about the first use and wanted to test the Bosch AHS 50-20 Li cordless hedge trimmer directly. Similar models from Stihl and Makita also have battery technology, but are priced higher.
The 18 Volt battery was after about 1 Hour already charged and ready for use by the lithium ions. This battery has a powerful 50 watts. In contrast to gasoline-powered hedge trimmers, you will immediately notice that they are switched on very quiet and calm is working. I was immediately impressed in the first test. In particular, I find the hedge trimmer to run very quietly and free of vibrations, which is noteworthy pleasant, with which the hedge can be cut thoroughly and evenly. This means that you can cut over the full battery life without causing pain or discomfort.
Now I was curious about the quality of the cut. The length of the scissors is 50cm. In my opinion it could Length a bit more generous become. For narrow hedges, these dimensions are completely sufficient, for wide hedges, however, it is necessary to cut from both sides, which results in more time and effort. This one Bosch hedge trimmer However, if it is intended for smaller hedges, the dimensions are okay.
According to the manufacturer, the powerful Bosch 18 volt lithium-ion battery with 2,5 Ah should be 75 Minutes create. In my test it was about 55 minutes. Nevertheless, I think that Bosch is doing quite well in the specification with this battery specification. One second battery I can still recommend it at this point so that I don't have to interrupt my work.
If a branch is not cut straight away, the direction of rotation of the knives changes. In this way that enables Anti-lock braking system uninterrupted cutting where other hedge trimmers give up. I liked that very much.
After the hedge has been cut, the saw blade can be safely stored with a plastic housing. The prongs of the scissors are really sharp, use should always be carried out with caution.
Overall, I am very satisfied with the first test of the Bosch AHS 50-20 Li cordless hedge trimmer.
Video | Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li
What Advantages and disadvantages Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li
- Very easy
- Battery operated (environmentally friendly)
- High performance
- Sharp knives for an optimal cut
- Low battery life - second battery advisable
- Additional work due to the limited length of the scissors (50cm)
- Sword cannot be removed, increased storage costs
tips for the Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li
These Bosch hedge trimmers can be purchased with batteries of different strengths and blade lengths. The smallest variant is the hedge trimmer with a 12 volt battery and a sword length of 35cm. My test is about the medium model and, last but not least, there is the large version with one 36 volt variant and a sword length of even 55cm. These Bosch models also differ in the charging time, which gets shorter and shorter.
Before buying, you should consider how big and long the hedge you want to cut is, for example. In this case, the battery life is very different and should be adjusted accordingly.
This tested model is sufficient for smaller hedges, for larger ones it should be AHS 55-20 LI model be thought about.
Bosch offers a wide range of accessories for optimal use. I always recommend one second battery to buy so that a full replacement battery is always available. These can be purchased for around € 45. Bosch itself also offers a quick charger at. Whether you really need it is an open question, as the charging process is already completed after 1 hour. If a second battery is available, the quick charger is not necessary in my opinion.
The storage of the hedge trimmer should basically Dry respectively. The manufacturer specifies that the battery in particular should be stored warm at very low temperatures so that the cold does not destroy the technology.
Sharpening the knife
If the knives appear dull over time and branches are torn off rather than cut, a so-called scissor arrow can be purchased from the manufacturer from € 19,99. Since there are a lot of individual knives in this model, I consider the effort to be very high if each individual knife should be sharpened by hand. In addition, Bosch promises a long service life for the knives and even offers a guarantee.
Summary: Bosch cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 Li
The Bosch AHS 50-20 Li cordless hedge trimmer, with its very light weight and battery operation, is ideal for smaller hedges up to a cutting time of 50 minutes. The performance is good and absolutely sufficient for normal operation. Branches up to a diameter of 25mm can be cut through without any problems.
The battery could last a little longer in my opinion, but a second battery is fine for all of the work.
The current price I think € 134,90 is borderline and shouldn't be more expensive to use. With regard to the storage of the hedge trimmer, I generally recommend attaching the plastic housing for protection.
So if you are looking for a good, reliable and battery-operated hedge trimmer, you will not go wrong with this model.
Perhaps Bosch will be able to make the sword interchangeable so that the same device can be used to cut thicker hedges as required
Recommended reading: Stihl cordless hedge trimmer
Find in the top 10 the best & best-selling cordless hedge trimmers products 2022 on honest tests
- Thanks to their powerful motor and 52 cm long blade with a width of 14 mm, the LUX-TOOLS pruning shears are the ideal tool for...
- The laser-ground & very sharp precision cutting edges and the high-quality electric motor also enable cuts through...
- The sword is optimally protected by the supplied storage quiver | When working near walls, the shrub shears...
- The hedge trimmer is part of the LUX-TOOLS 1PowerSystem and is powered by a high-quality 2,0 Ah lithium-ion battery | Scope of delivery:...
- The cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 LI - mobile and fast trimming hedges
- Saw function: Special teeth on the front of the knife easily cut branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Cuts along walls and floor possible thanks to knife guard
- Scope of delivery: AHS 50-20 LI, 1 battery pack PBA 18V 2.0Ah WB, charger AL 1830 CV, carton
- Light and well balanced hedge trimmer for trimming smaller hedges
- Cordless mobility for quick and clean cuts throughout the garden
- Bosch anti-blocking system ensures uninterrupted cutting
- 45 cm blade length and 15 mm tooth spacing for light trimming work
- Easy tree and hedge care thanks to the 2-in-1 hedge trimmer and chainsaw attachment and high-quality components with powerful Power X-Change...
- Versatile adjustment options with telescopic handle, 7-fold tilting motor head, 90° rotatable attachment for effortless horizontal cutting and...
- Oregon quality sword, claw stop, chain catch and automatic chain lubrication with tool-free chain replacement
- Ideal cut and long service life thanks to laser-cut and diamond-ground knives
- No-load stroke rate: 1.350 min-1
- Battery voltage: 18 V
- Cutting length: 520 mm
- Max. branch thickness: 15 mm
- A handy and powerful cordless hedge trimmer for small and large areas. Clean and precise cuts with knives made of...
- A durable metal gearbox for a long service life. Safety through a two-hand safety switch.
- Including aluminum blade cover and sturdy quiver.
- Including impact protection with bracket for wall mounting.
- 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐓 𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐆 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐁𝐀𝐑: Just for the care...
- 𝐀𝐔𝐅𝐇Ä𝐍𝐆𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐆: The powerful hedge trimmer from MASKO is one of my...
- 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐍: With the powerful electronic hedge trimmer from MASKO...
- The Einhell cordless hedge trimmer GE-CH 18/60 Li-Solo is a powerful member of the Power X-Change family from Einhell. Each system battery...
- The knives made of laser-cut and diamond-ground steel are designed for maximum precision and durability, with them the...
- The rear handle of the cordless hedge trimmer can be rotated for better and safer handling, the ergonomic, narrow front handle is equipped with...
- With the practical clippings collector, the clippings can be ideally removed from the top of the hedge when cutting the hedge
- Manufacturer: Stihl
- Cutting length: 45 cm
- in a set with battery 10 and charger AL 101
- teardrop-shaped knife
- No-load stroke rate: 1350 min-1
- Cutting length: 52 cm
- Max. branch thickness: 15 mm
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 876 / 195 / 193 mm
- Test: Philips Avent Baby Monitor SCD503 | many functions
- Products from the Chain Bridge Honey Farm - family business for centuries
- Review: Primal Berries - Red Berry Smoothie | Primal State
- Test: StyleCare Prestige | Automatic curling iron
- Portable air purifier with rechargeable battery + washable air filter | Against dust and pollen for clean indoor air
- JOFRI Carrying Bag - everything for your travels and excursions
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 26.09.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs