With the Tefal steam ironing station GV8960 Pro Express Total, an iron was designed which should contain the perfect combination of temperature and steam for every type of fabric. Rapid heating and an integrated decalcifier should achieve the best ironing result and protect clothing.
But does the ironing station for € 305,19 keep what it promises?
I did the test and now you can read my experiences.
Steam ironing station in comparison
Commissioning | Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total
The Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total is delivered complete, nothing has to be assembled. I always like something like that very much right at the beginning. The power cable is installed on the side and in the device itself. It can easily be retracted again at the push of a button, thus saving yourself the well-known tangled cables. When set up, the ironing station delivers one firm and stable stand, The steam line is protected with a fabric cover, which protects against burns when touched.
The station can either be placed on a table or even directly on the ironing board. Due to the stability, I recommend setting it up on the table, the connection in the form of the power cable to the iron is long enough at 165cm.
On the back is a Display integrated, with which the different modes can be set. For example, the fabric to be ironed (jeans, cotton, satin, etc.) or the desired temperature can be selected. Energy-saving ironing is possible thanks to a ECO button also possible. I immediately liked that the display is very clear and limited to the bare essentials. Other models have a rotary wheel for setting the desired function, which I find less convenient.
The iron can be clicked into the station so that it has a firm stand at all times and does not slip out during transport or carrying.
Notes & Features | Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total
The Tefal steam ironing station GV8960 Pro Express Total, here the Pro Express Total model, has numerous, in my opinion very useful, functions and everything is aimed at enabling comfortable ironing with optimal results.
Tefal has one on this model Entkalker built-in. This is a metallic rod that is integrated into the iron. This can also be removed and cleaned. This descaler activates an indicator light as soon as cleaning is due.
The large water tank with a capacity of 1,8 liters is kept transparent. Due to its size, it can actually allow hours of steam ironing. But more about that in my first test with the Tefal steam iron.
The 6 bar steam pressure ensures quick, wrinkle-free smoothing of various fabrics.
There is a palladium coating over the Durilium sole, which dissolves in air by means of catalytic combustion, microfibres that are detached from the laundry during normal ironing.
With my conventional iron, I often had the problem that I burned fibers, I could see this process on the fabric and left residues. That has always bothered me. The Tefal steam ironing station solved this problem - great!
A long-lasting gliding ability of the sole is also guaranteed.
The iron is very powerful thanks to the power of 2.200 watts hot quickly and ready to use. This saves me a lot of time. In the case of shirts in particular, a much shorter ironing process is now sufficient to remove stubborn creases.
The iron has a automatic shutdown after 8 minutes if the device was not used during this time. This not only saves electricity, but primarily ensures safety.
Use of the Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total
But now I was looking forward to my first test!
First of all, I have that 1,8 liter water tank filled with tap water. The water tank is transparent and therefore easy to see. I have now switched on the steam ironing station and tested how long it really takes until the so-called sole was hot. After about 2 minutes the pilot light on, signaling that the desired temperature has now been reached. After this time, however, I was not able to use steam, it was only ready for use after about 4 minutes.
I had jeans pants and shirts ready for the first use for testing. I selected the "Jeans" function on the control panel and the iron was automatically brought to the appropriate temperature. The required steam is also set automatically and emitted up to a maximum of 6 bar.
I could use the jeans amazingly easy and iron quickly without creases.
Now I've tested the same process with a shirt. To do this, I made the appropriate setting on the display. I noticed relatively quickly that an enormous temperature was developing. Wrinkles could be removed quickly here too. Additional bursts of steam can be emitted at the push of a button or with the automatic setting.
The last step was to check the descaler. Of course nothing can be seen after a few uses, but I still wanted to familiarize myself with how to use it. It is very easy to remove; a lock on the side allows it to be removed and cleaned.
The result was really very good. I was able to iron without creases in a short time and the fine fabric residues were burned and were not visible on the clothes, which was very important to me.
What Advantages and disadvantages ?
Benefits | Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total
- Big water tank
- Rapid heat development
- Program selection at the push of a button
- Automatic shutdown when not in use
- Eco mode for normal operation
- Very high price segment
- Heavy and bulky
Reading tip: Guide to the ironing chair here !
Tips from me about the Tefal steam ironing station GV8960 Pro Express Total
Before using it for the first time, I can recommend that you familiarize yourself with the various functions of the device automatic temperatures for different fabrics. Due to the high output and heat generation, the temperature must be adjusted in order not to destroy a fine blouse, for example.
Normally I always switched on the eco function, as this is completely sufficient for normal ironing. In the case of shirts, an increased temperature is then necessary.
The Tefal steam ironing station is quite heavy and bulky, therefore, a level surface should be sought for parking. I also have the station on the ironing board
placed directly, but there the board seems a bit unstable due to the different weight distribution.
The comparison with other models has shown that this device has the Price-performance ratio is just right and absolutely fault-free results can be achieved.
Summary: Tefal steam generator iron GV8960 Pro Express Total
Tefal offers a really good one Dampfbügelstation with different, user-friendly Functions. The control panel is simple and reduced to a minimum for clarity. The intelligibility is very good and understandable. In my test I was able to achieve very good ironing results and the quality of the station is also well processed.
The price of 305,19 € is set very high, in my opinion it could be reduced a bit. Nevertheless, the iron is an asset to me, ironing is easier and much faster due to the higher temperatures.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling steam iron station products 2022 on Honest Tests
- Powerful steam ironing station with removable anti-limescale collector for long-term performance
- 6,5 bar pump pressure, 120 g/min. Continuous steam ensures highly efficient ironing and the steam boost of 420 g/min. will even with the most stubborn...
- Optimum steam/temperature combination without additional settings for risk-free ironing of all ironable fabric types, even for...
- OptimalTEMP technology: Faster ironing - all fabrics with one temperature setting
- 7 bar steam pressure, powerful 2 g / min steam boost, 490 g / min. constant steam output for the best ironing results
- The ultra-light handpiece with 800 gr makes ironing easier and more pleasant
- Anti-limescale collector: Collects up to 2x more limescale as well as the smallest particles and keeps the limescale in the collector even when the station is moved
- Perfect steam output: 7,5 bar pressure steam; constant amount of steam of 120 g/min; Extra steam boost of up to 500 g/min. for thick fabrics and...
- Removable, transparent XXL water tank: With a practical capacity of 1,6 liters
- 5,2 bar pump pressure, a continuous steam output of 120 g/minute and a powerful steam boost of 280 g/minute ensure fast...
- Large 1,4 L water tank for flexible refilling during ironing and the option of ironing both horizontally and vertically...
- Calc Clear technology ensures consistently high performance and efficient maintenance
- OptimalTemp technology without setting the temperature on all fabrics.
- Performance: Steam output up to 120 g/min, up to 400 g steam boost and up to 6,5 bar pressure.
- SteamGlide sole: robust and non-stick coated, ensures perfect gliding
- High pressure steam ironing station with new high pressure boiler technology for professional efficiency
- Time savings thanks to high pressure steam power with an intense burst of steam of up to 500 g / min. for stubborn wrinkles and thick fabrics
- Continuous steam delivery of 155 g / min. for efficient ironing work with uncompromising results
- Smart LED Vision: Unique LED light at the tip of the iron for optimal visibility to even the smallest creases ...
- The most powerful steam ironing station* with up to 9,0 bar steam pressure and 750 g/min steam boost for ultimate steam performance* from Tefal
- Fastest and easiest gliding: The Durilium AirGlide Autoclean soleplate offers the best gliding properties of Tefal and remains...
- Ultimate ironing experience: The Silent Steam technology minimizes steam noise and reduces vibrations, so you can listen to music undisturbed, ...
- Automatic steam boost for effortless ironing: Our DynamiQ sensor detects when the iron is moved on your clothes and gives ...
- Vertical steam for hanging garments: With the vertical steam function, you can freshen up garments directly on the hanger and ...
- Easily remove stubborn wrinkles: The constant steam output of 120 g/min does the hard work for you - with a ...
- Guaranteed no burn marks: Thanks to OptimalTEMP technology, your steam iron leaves no burn marks on fabrics that can be ironed, even ...
- No settings necessary: Iron everything from jeans to silk shirts without changing the temperature - no pre-sorting of the ...
- Ultra-powerful steam: 8 bar steam pressure, 170 g/min. Continuous vapor delivery for highly efficient performance and an extra-powerful 590...
- User-friendly: Choose between the settings Delicate, Normal or Max - simply at the touch of a button, for a ...
- Long-lasting steam performance: Our exclusive removable lime collector avoids limescale deposits and catches up to 10x more ...
- Test: best thermal container for food? | warm meals for on the go
- Test: Aukey InEar EP-B40 Bluetooth headphones
- DEERC 300E & 302E RC Offroad Drift 4WD Car 1:18 +60 km/h buy & test | testimonial
- Review: Apple Watch Series 6 | smartwatch
- Test: BODY'S PERFECT capsules - weight loss & wellbeing
- Test: Gardena hose trolley + lawn sprinkler - helpful?
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs