The art of eggs preparation
Fried egg, scrambled eggs, egg sting, boiled egg ... eggs are healthier than their reputation. The fairy tale of bad cholesterol has long since passed. The healthiest way to eat your egg is not when you bake it in a cake, but when you cook it gently. This guide is about cooking an egg. Is there anything to consider there? What options do you have? Do you have health benefits and what about vitamins in the egg? Maybe even steamers are good as egg cookers? Guide: Cooking Eggs | Egg cooker or pot?
Egg cooker - in comparison
+ Large view comparison +
|Brainstream Bayern PiepEi, egg timer to cook with, plays 3 ...||SEVERIN egg cooker, incl. Water measuring cup with egg cutter, 6 ...||Clatronic TAM 3688 multifunction toaster 5in1, toasting, eggs ...||SEVERIN EK 3161 egg cooker (incl. Water measuring cup with ...||Emerio EB-115560, NEW, cooks all three cooking levels ...||PEARL egg timer: egg timer "egg timer", food safe (egg timer)||Elta Egg Boiler EK-114.1 (360 watts, for up to 7 eggs, including ...||WMF Stelio egg cooker stainless steel, egg cooker 1 egg -7 eggs, 380 ...||Cuisinart CEC10E egg cooker||Egg cooker stainless steel, Sweet Alice egg cooker test winner Egg ...|
|◼️ MELODIES - The Bayern PiepEi plays 3 different melodies: “Scandal im ...||◼️ Practical and easy-care egg boiler for up to 6 eggs, incl.||◼️ GOURMET BREAKFAST OF THE COMFORTABLE KIND - Whether rolls, toast or scrambled eggs - ...||◼️ Practical and easy-care egg boiler for up to 3 eggs, incl.||◼️ Fully automatic egg boiler with light and language display||◼️ Very easy to use • Color-changing scale • Exact measurement||◼️ Of course, a perfect breakfast also includes the obligatory ...||◼️ Content: 1x egg cooker made of Cromargan stainless steel matt (17,5 x 20 x 15 cm, 350 ...||◼️ 600 watts of power||◼️ 【Best taste】 The egg boiler is equipped with a measuring cup, ...|
|◼️ SIMPLE - child's play to use! Simply at the same time with the ...||◼️ Success with every application - optimal time control as required ...||◼️ 5IN1 MULTIFUNCTIONAL - The all-rounder in a stainless steel housing offers many ...||◼️ Success with every application - Electronic time setting with ...||◼️ With 400 watts, suitable for up to 6 eggs at the same time||◼️ Egg timer for perfectly cooked eggs • Color-changing scale with ...||◼️ Unlike conventional egg cookers, the Elta egg cooker does not ...||◼️ The egg boiler, with removable egg holder, enables ...||◼️ Boils up to 10 eggs at the same time: hard, medium or soft-boiled||◼️ 【Large capacity】 Practical and easy-care egg boiler that can be ...|
|Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings||Buyer Ratings|
|To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*||To offer*|
Egg - what is that?
The egg as a miracle. Looking at such an egg, it's really amazing how Mother Nature was able to do something so perfect. Granted, she had enough time. The shell of an egg is made of 90% lime. But they also contain pores. So that no bacteria get into the egg, an outer cuticle is pulled over the whole egg. This is removed by washing. In the egg, the egg yolk, from which the chicks are formed in successful fertilization, is surrounded by low-viscosity egg white. Then comes a layer of viscous egg whites. The yolk is connected with a hailstorm with the viscous egg white. It stabilizes the yolk in the egg white.
By the way, protein is not quite right. The egg white consists only of 10% protein. The rest is water. **
A hen only needs about 24 hours to produce a new egg. In nature, this naturally fluctuates, depending on the weather, food supply and health. Did you know? The color of the egg yolk comes from the feed of the animals. The darker the more meadow grasses they ate. It has no effect on the taste.
- pantothenic acid
- 154 kcal
- 12,9 g protein
- 11,2 g fat
- 0,7 g carbohydrates
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- vitamin K
- folic acid
What makes the egg so healthy? Let's take a look at the nutrients:
So an egg has, per 100 g:
and many more.
** One egg class M has a weight of 53 - 63 g **
As you can see on the list, an egg contains a great many and important vitamins and minerals. But how do you make sure that as many substances as possible have survived after preparation? Because heat causes many of the nutrients to flute. The healthiest thing would be to sip the egg raw.
** By the way, the protein of a chicken egg is nearly completely metabolised for humans! All new essential amino acids that the human body can not produce itself are also included **
Columbus also used to cook his eggs! And proved that some things are not as heavy as they appear at the first moment. You should expose your eggs to heat as soon as possible. However, some proteins need the heat to become biologically usable for us. So do not just commit yourself to one method. A little bit of everything and your body stays well taken care of.
** The DGE recommends 2-3 eggs a week. However, they are based on a person who also eats meat and fish. If you do not, you can eat more eggs. Many feel that way, when the body has enough, the eggs do not taste anymore. Unfortunately, B12 is almost only found in large quantities in animal products. **
Boil eggs in the water
The classic: Pot, water, stove, eggs in. This doesn't always work perfectly: One egg bursts, the next one has cracked, the inside of the next one is too soft. Or maybe you just forgot to check the clock. Are there gadgets that make it easier for you to cook eggs?
The principle is simple: You can put the Eggtimer in the boiling water and it turns colors. Practical: if you need different hard-boiled eggs, you just take some out of the water. You do not need to set time. The Eggtimer is made of resin, so it needs neither technology and can not break so fast.
** Tip: I used it for a while, the harrow timer naturally swirls in the boiling water and doesn't stay stubborn on the bottom of the pot. But works very well! - Maren **
Oh, the good, old egg timer! Previously, you had to turn them, just worked analogously and sometimes that did not quite work out with the sand that was in it. Egg clocks are digital today.
** So that your egg does not burst in the water, a Pikser is good for poking the shell. The heat creates pressure in the egg, which can escape through the hole. **
Eggs are cooking egg cooker
An egg cooker has many advantages: You can hire him and don't need to worry about it, he works independently. The Egg cooker cooks your eggs with steam. That is gentler than full throttle in boiling water. An egg boiler also requires less energy. You don't have to boil the whole pot of water or bother your stove with it.
Eggs cook microwave
Goes too! Only, not just like that. If you put an egg in the microwave and put it into operation, it will not take long for the egg to exolode. Too much pressure for such a small egg! There are special missions for your microwave.
**Tip: You can also put your eggs in a microwave-safe container and prepare with water in the microwave. This method is not very sensible, but is suitable for emergencies. **
Eggs are cooking steamer
Maybe you already have a steamer? Or are you thinking about buying one? Then our steamer guide would be the right one for you.
The steam in a steamer also prepares your egg. Steam has, like an egg cooker, the advantage that the eggs are not whirled around and they also less burst. The egg should also taste better overall. Maybe you already have experience with it?
Generally, you can set your steamer to 100 degrees and 6 minutes. Then a medium-sized egg is cooked soft.
Poached eggs are prepared without a shell in hot but not boiling water. There is a good gadget for that
which allows you to succeed in your eggs every time. According to the manufacturer, the material is without toxic additives.
** Tick eggs: Always bite your egg on the flat side, because there is the bubble. Are your eggs maybe wrong in the box? Then it can be worthwhile to turn it upside down for a while. **
What else is worth knowing about the egg?
- A hard-boiled egg can be kept in the fridge for up to four weeks, without a refrigerator for about a week
- Raw eggs will last up to 20 days without a refrigerator, in the fridge for up to 6 weeks
- Anything that has come into contact with a raw egg or shell should be washed thoroughly with hot water and soap. Salmonella can be found in the eggs and often bacteria on the shell
** Why are boiled eggs on the edge green-blue? That's nothing bad and no sign of corruption. This discoloration is iron sulfide, which is driven by boiling to the edge of the egg yolk. **
Shelf life test egg
You can not look in an egg badly. If you are not sure, you can do the following test to see if the egg is still good:
If you put the egg in a container with water and it floats on the surface, it is spoiled. The egg has drawn air through the shell.
If it stays on the ground, it's definitely good, and if it floats halfway, not halfway, you should definitely crawl it very well.
** If in doubt, throw the egg away. It is a raw food, which can bring unpleasant side effects when it is easily spoiled. **
Conclusion - Cooking Eggs | egg cooker
Eggs are very healthy for us because they have a high usability for humans. Raw, however, they are to be enjoyed with some caution. But that's not the case with raw meat and raw fish. Eggs are filled to the brim with vitamins and minerals, fats and proteins. They are a small powerhouse and apart from vitamin C, they contain almost everything that is important for the human organism. Cooking eggs is not difficult and with a few helpful gadgets you can not only do something different on the side, but also save a lot of energy. It's worth it, even if you only eat two eggs a week.
By the way: If you buy organic eggs, you can still use the shell by processing it into a great fertilizer. This works best with coffee grounds and the shell of a (organic) banana. Throw everything together with water into a blender. Then you can either dry this "mud" or give it fresh to your plants. That's a real boost!
Recommended egg cookers - Top 10 top seller list
The most popular egg cooker products | Egg cooker offers with discount to save
- Fully automatic egg cooker with light and voice indication
- With 400 watts for up to 6 eggs at the same time suitable
- WORLD FIRST: cooks all three cooking levels [soft-medium-hard] in just one cooking process
- Practical and easy-care egg boiler for up to 6 eggs, incl. Water measuring cup with egg cutter - For ...
- Good success with every application - optimal time control depending on the level of hardness desired, acoustic signal after ...
- Safe handling without being burned by steam: housing made of high-quality plastic, side cover handle ...
- Contents: 1x egg cooker made of Cromargan stainless steel matt (17,5 x 20 x 15 cm, 350 watt, cable length 94 cm) with ...
- The egg cooker, with a removable egg holder, enables energy-saving cooking of 1-7 eggs. The cooking time ...
- Simultaneous, precise preparation of the eggs thanks to the selectable degrees of hardness (soft, medium and hard) over ...
- For up to 7 eggs
- Knob for adjusting the hardness: Soft, Medium, Hard
- Continue cooking function: Cooks 3 cooking levels in one cooking process
- Model name: Arendo Sixcook stainless steel egg boiler with keep warm function | Tested safety (GS): Our ...
- Use: Whether as the ideal breakfast egg for the whole family or simply in between - create ...
- Electrical voltage: 220-240V AC 50/60 Hz | electrical power: 400W | Capacity: 1-6 eggs | Protection class 1 | ...
- Cooking eggs made easy - the high-quality EK 5022 CB egg cooker is the ideal companion for the start into the ...
- Specifications - You can cook up to 6 eggs at a time in one go. The integrated in the measuring cup ...
- Top features - The high-quality transparent lid and the non-stick coated heating bowl are easy to clean ....
- Cooking eggs made easy - the high-quality EK 3321 egg cooker is the perfect companion for the start into the ...
- Specifications - You can cook up to 7 eggs in one go. The integrated in the measuring cup ...
- Top features - The high-quality stainless steel housing and the stainless steel heating plate are easy to clean. A...
- Precise cooking for soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs
- Removable egg holder for easy cooling
- Selector switch with cooking and keeping warm function
- 【Best taste】 The egg boiler is equipped with a measuring cup, which is three different degrees softer, ...
- 【Large capacity】 Practical and easy-care egg boiler that can be cooked with 7 eggs at the same time, ...
- 【Safe design】 The built-in piercing pin of the egg cooker can easily pierce the egg shell to ...
- Practical and easy-care egg boiler for up to 3 eggs, incl. Water measuring cup with egg cutter - For ...
- Good success with every application - electronic time setting with rotary control depending on the level of hardness required, ...
- Safe handling without being burned by steam: housing made of high-quality plastic, side cover handle ...
|1||Cloer 6070 electronic egg cooker / for up to 7 eggs / further cooking function / ...||292 Reviews||44,99€ 32,25€||To offer*|
|2||SEVERIN egg cooker, incl. Water measuring cup with egg cutter, 6 eggs, acoustic signal, ...||2.249 Reviews||22,99€ 19,49€||To offer*|
|3||Emerio EB-123177.1 smart egg boiler, b black||29,90€||To offer*|
|4||WMF kitchen minis 2-egg cooker (250 W, egg cooker for 1-2 eggs, with egg pick, ...||34,90€||To offer*|
|5||Arendo - stainless steel egg cooker with warming function - toggle function switch with ...||355 Reviews||26,88€ 24,85€||To offer*|
Not found the right egg cooker product or been there? Then click here for even more products!
Share the egg cooker contribution.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 16.01.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate Links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible.