Fast glamorous curls made easy with the StyleCare Prestige from Philips!
You have problems making curls yourself with the curling iron? Is it taking too long for you to twist each strand of hair around the wand and wait for the curl to finish? You find a conventional one curling iron unwieldy? Then you are with that Style Care Prestige (Automatic curling iron) from Philips is on the right path to your perfect curls. - StyleCare Prestige from Philips
1. StyleCare Prestige automatic curling iron
The Philips set includes:
- A Philips StyleCare Prestige
- A cleaning tool
- A hair trimmer divider
- Operating instructions in several languages (including German)
- A quick guide with pictures and text to use
- The international guarantee card
2. Application | StyleCare Prestige
The Philips StyleCare Prestige is the new edition of the Philips StyleCare Auto Curler. It has the shape of a tulip and is placed vertically on the head. This is to protect the arm muscles, since an automatic curling iron with half a kilo is not exactly easy. We all know the problem when the arm hurts so bad after 3 strands that we want to take a break, but with that Philips StyleCare Prestige we no longer have this problem.
Due to the open design and the long curling iron, twice as much hair should be curled at once (compared to the Philips Auto Curler). For us this means: faster styled for the party, event etc.
There is no general requirement how long the hair has to be in order to use the "StyleCare Prestige" from Philips. In general, the hair should not be too short for curlers. The device needs a hair length of approx. 15 cm to "grab" and curl the hair. The hair should be at least chin length to style beautiful curls. According to Philips, the Style Care Prestige suitable for all hair types.
Everyone who has a curler knows the problem: Pinched hair! But thanks to the open design, the smooth curling iron and an intelligent sensor, you can easily create curls without having to worry about pinched hair. The intelligent sensor stops the device when it detects that too much hair or it has not been inserted properly. The open and upright design allows you to remove the hair immediately.
What setting options does the StyleCare Prestige from Philips have?
According to Philips, are with the Style Care Prestige 27 different looks is possible.
3 time settings (8 sec., 10 sec., 12 sec.),
3 Temperature Settings (170 ° C, 190 ° C, 210 ° C) and
3 curl directions (left, right, automatic)
These can be combined as desired. Strictly speaking, the time settings are only an aid provided by the device in the form of an acoustic signal. The hair is always released manually by pulling the curls out of the device.
Temperature and time setting:
The Style Care Prestige from Philips has three temperature levels. At 170 ° C there is a very low level, which is very gentle on the hair. As a user, you can decide which temperature you want to use. Other curlers don't have these options like Babyliss, for example.
According to the operating instructions, the time and temperature setting should be selected according to the styling request:
|Soft curls||190°C||10 sec.|
|Firm curls||210°C||12 sec.|
However, you also have to consider your hair type:
With thick hair, a high temperature in conjunction with a high time setting ensures defined curls. With thin or damaged hair, you should select a low temperature and time setting to protect the hair. You can create great styles even at low temperatures.
The direction of curls can also be selected.
If you want a uniform look, select "left" on the slider on the left side of the head and "right" on the right side. For a natural look, the setting in the middle is recommended, then the curl direction is changed automatically.
3. Cleaning | StyleCare Prestige
There is a separate cleaning accessory with a felt covering for cleaning the curling iron. This allows residues from styling products on the curling iron to be removed. The device must be switched off and cooled down before use. The cleaning accessories are placed in the curling chamber on the curling iron and moved up and down several times. The cleaning accessories can be washed under running water. It must dry completely before the next use. The housing of the curler itself can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
4. Technical data
|Coating of heating areas||Ceramics with keratin|
|Automatic shutdown||after 60 minutes|
|Styling temperature||170 ° C - 190 ° C - 210 ° C|
|3 curl directions||Right - Alternating - Left|
|Timer settings||8 seconds - 10 seconds - 12 seconds|
|Heating time||30 sec.|
|cable length||2 m|
✔ Easy handling thanks to the vertical handle
✔ Great design
✔ Protective ceramic coating with keratin finishing
✔ 27 styling options
✔ No burning
✗ No storage box
✗ If necessary some practice required
✗ Higher dead weight than a conventional curling iron
5. Conclusion - StyleCare Prestige from Philips
At the beginning, the handling of the Philips "StyleCare Prestige" was a bit strange. You first have to get a feel for how to insert the strand of hair into the curling chamber. However, after initial trial and error, you will get along very well with the technology. Compared to a conventional curling iron, the curls on the back of the head are much easier to curl yourself.
The styling time is determined by the length of the hair and the desired styling result. The manufacturer recommends starting with a 4 cm strand of hair. This is more than with curl curlers from other manufacturers who recommend a width of approx. 2-3 cm. To make it easier to determine the amount of hair, there is an accessory divider. After a short time, even without it, you have a good feeling for how much hair the Philips curler can handle.
You have to admit that the promised 27 styling options are a little too much of a good thing. The curls or waves differ little from each other if you only change the temperature or only the time setting. You can create beautiful waves, light curls and real curls, but 27 different styles are unlikely to be created.
If you want defined tight curls with long, thick hair, the hair strand must be selected correspondingly thinner and the time setting should be 12 seconds. The styling time is then correspondingly longer (approx. 30 minutes). For long, thick hair and a little practice, waves take around 10-15 minutes.
The "StyleCare Prestige" is also reasonably priced. With about 140 € you have invested very well in this curler. There are other models from different manufacturers that are below but also above the price of the "StyleCare Prestige".
Finally, it can be said that the "StyleCare Prestige" from Philips is well worth its price. Great looks can be created like a professional, the arm hurts less, the curls hold well and it is suitable for all hair types. Whether young or old, everyone will be satisfied here. Also a nice idea as a gift for a birthday or Christmas.
Update: The latest version of the StyleCare Prestige is the Style Care Prestige MoistureProtect Auto-Curler! Somewhat more expensive, same functions + protects the natural moisture of the hair thanks to the MoistureProtect technology!
More automatic curling irons
- Innovative curling system: Glamorous, long-lasting curls at the push of a button
- Longer curling iron: style twice as much hair in one go*
- MoistureProtect technology: temperature control for natural moisture
- This Philips StyleCare curler is ready to use in 30 seconds
- No cord limitation, the cordless winder with built-in battery packs easily into your perfectly sized pocket or backpack (just...
- LONG LASTING - With this device, which instantly turns curves into curls and offers 3D heating, your hairstyle is fixed immediately, so that ...
- Easy to Use: Hair is automatically and gently lured into the tourmaline ceramic where it is held from all directions, timed...
- Safety: With a safety feature that automatically locks so you can take out the hair if you find something in it...
- Curling Iron: The automatic curling iron can save you time and do your own hair style at home. This curler is suitable for all...
- 4 temperature settings & time reminder: The automatic curling iron offers 4 different temperature settings, from 170 ℃ - 230 ℃ to ...
- 2,5M rotating power cord and protective design: This improved automatic curling iron has a The 2,5m long power cord is sufficient for most ...
- Anti-Scalding & Perfect Care: The double-layer heat protection cover prevents burns on your fingers or face. The ceramic stick...
- Automatic curling iron: No skill required, just place your hair in the curling iron, press the button and wait a ...
- 6 heating levels, 2 curl directions: Our automatic curling iron has 2 curve directions: left and right, and 6 temperature settings 150 °C, ...
- Ceramic technology, safe and scald-free design: the automatically rotating ceramic curling iron has a unique ...
- Controllable operation: Our rotating curling iron automatically has an adjustable temperature and a timer, an automatic ...
- [Automatic rotation & easy operation] Our automatic curling iron can be rotated in both directions automatically. You just have to...
- [One Key Start Curls & Save Time] 1,5 seconds to turn on, 15 seconds to heat up quickly. The innovative automatic curling...
- [Negative ion technology and 4 temperature levels] Automatic curling iron with a negative ion generator to moisturize your hair ...
- [Anti-winding and protective design] Our beach waves curling iron is equipped with a 360 ° rotating power cord that can be tangled and ...
- Test: Echo Studio | Smarter high fidelity | 3D sound + Alexa
- White tea | Silver Needle from Bouna Classic
- Bluefin vibration plate: lose weight at home
- Test: Siemens fully automatic coffee machine EQ.9 S500 TI9558X1DE
- Review: Bose Sound Touch 10 | wireless music system
- Test: Kärcher high-pressure cleaner K3 | Premium Power Control
- Test: BODY'S PERFECT capsules - weight loss & wellbeing
- Catrice Advent Calendar DIY to make yourself
- TEST: Oral-B Genius 8000N - Electric Toothbrush
- Test winner mounting gloves
- Dance pole | Pole dance pole for the home
- Cleaning the oven - the best tips
- Body Shaver Men Top 10 Comparison
- UE MEGABOOM - your music on the go!
- Remove rims - wheel rim removal
- Easy cup kitchen
- Smart home - make your life smarter!
- How to become a diver | Which diving equipment
- Laser Cutter - Laser Cutter - Engraving - Top 10 Comparison
- Hail protection car top 10 comparison
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 26.09.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs