How to properly care and clean your parquet or laminate.
Maintain parquet: Natural flooring is wonderfully warm, high-quality and cozy. But sometimes it is also very sensitive. You have to be careful how you clean it, otherwise unsightly scratches can arise, which become bigger and bigger after a while and swell up. What to do if one or the other stain cannot be avoided? Pets and children in particular have an innate talent for leaving stains of all shapes and sizes. And even for us adults something falls over every now and then. If you have a natural floor, it is not easy.
Parquet care and laminate care require a little love and forbearance with the great material wood. Unsealed or sealed, oiled and waxed - in this guide we clarify the most important facts about cleaning and caring for this great floor covering. - Guide: care for parquet - care for laminate
Advice: maintain parquet - maintain laminate - in comparison
Wood - a living resource
Unlike PVC, wood, as well as cork and solid wood flooring, is a wonderfully warm natural floor covering. Since he has been treated less, he reacts with his environment. Moisture and heat work much more in the material than in plastic-sealed floors. Wood is more prone to scratches not only destroy the surface in the faster moisture can penetrate, they are also bad to repair. But the lining is warmer and disturbing plastic smell can not be found here. As with leather care, a little more love is needed to keep the floor long and cozy.
Differences between laminate and parquet
Both materials are made of wood and needs a lot of care. Nevertheless, the two floor coverings differ. But where exactly are the differences?
Maintain the laminate
Laminate consists of three layers. A sturdy paper serves as the bottom layer. The middle layer, where the tongue and groove are also with click laminate, is the stable base. This layer usually consists of an HDF board. Above that is the top layer, well glued. The one that makes up the ground. Thanks to the high-quality technology, it is hardly possible to distinguish between some production methods whether it is real parquet or just the look. Laminate is available with a wide variety of prints, in all imaginable colors.
But the most popular is wood. Not without reason, because wood always radiates warmth. The whole thing is sealed with a layer, for example made of melamine resin. The resin not only protects, it also makes the laminate appear even more natural.
Parquet is real wood. It can also be laid wonderfully easily with a click technique. The system is the same as both laminates, only - in real life. The top layer is a real wood veneer. It is also easier to treat for scratches. If the soil has suffered over the years, it can be sanded down and breathe new life into it with a new seal. It used to be common practice to glue parquet sticks directly into mosaics or patterns. Quite a job, but it was often the pride of the owners. This possibility still exists today, but is rarely used.
➔ In addition to the classic 3 coating system, the parquet is also available in an 2 coating system. This is particularly suitable for underfloor heating.
Treated or untreated
Most floors are pretreated, at least for the laminate. The parquet is often only oiled, means a small breathable, but purely natural layer. If you prefer a robust but natural floor covering that is easy to lay but nevertheless looks very natural, you will choose the laminate. You can treat all floors even after installation. Sometimes this is even recommended to have a protective layer on the floor, which also closes smaller gaps after laying.
The right pre-cleaning
Here, a little caution is required, distinguish the parquet from the laminate little. Before you start with wet or wet cleaning, the dust and lint must be gone. Even small stones, which are taken from the street into the house, have lost nothing on the ground. Otherwise it quickly leads to scratches. Vacuuming is the most sensible at this point. Make sure your vacuum cleaner nozzle is extended. Who does not trust this, there is an extra nozzle for most vacuum cleaner models. This is edged either with soft felt or natural hair.
How to prevent damage to the floor
Safety first. So that the smooth-glossy floor is no stumbling and scratchy surface, you should already have a few things in mind in advance.
Something always goes wrong. Nevertheless, always wipe up liquids immediately and wipe with a damp cloth. Water is enough. It is important that no puddles form and that the liquid has no time to seep into the ground.
High heels with stiletto heels and hard soles of shoes, rather take off right at the entrance. The hard soles dents and scratch the ground. Even the smallest scratches damage the protective layer and can leave ugly traces over time. If that does not work, it's better to put a rug where you have to step on it with your soles.
Attach felt pads to chairs and to any other furniture that is inevitably torn to and fro on the floor. That saves a lot.
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Magic word: foggy
If the floor is sucked, you can wipe it and again. The recommendation of the experts tends to economical wiping and very discreet. If you have a very sensitive floor, you can also use two buckets. In one bucket comes the water with the cleaner, in the other bucket only clear water. After each wipe, the wiper is cleaned in the bucket of clear water.
▶ Tip: Avoid microfiber. Microfibre is not suitable for wood floors as the fibers damage the structure (too fine). Use soft cotton rags instead.
With each 5ten wiping process should follow a care. For some floors more. Inquire if necessary with the manufacturer. There are many good care products on the market that seal the floor easily, that it can remain breathable, yet protected. For most floors, care is very easy and can be easily applied with a soft cloth. Then she has to dry and move in as well. Be sure to let the floor have this time and include it in your daily routine.
What to look for when buying laminate and parquet
Before you take action, you should definitely find out if the floor is very valuable. The range of cleaners and care products is usually very suitable for robust laminate from the hardware store. High-quality parquet, which may have just been oiled, needs more intensive care. It is important that the products are suitable for the floor in question, that they are not aggressive to the floor, your hands or the environment. Some manufacturers also use the power of oranges here! The advantage, an orange cleaner smells wonderfully fruity and neutralizes undesirable odors perfectly. - Maintain parquet
Advantages and disadvantages of wooden floors
Yes, no, yes, um, expensive, but ... oh ... Sometimes it is not so easy to find the right floor, especially when there are maybe a few children in the house who slide around on the floor all day - tugging small floor vehicles or walking the rocking horse. Pets can also hit the floor with their claws. And woe is trying to pull the dog on. Yet. A beautiful floor can be worthwhile and the rocking horse can also get felt under the runners.
Advantages of wooden floors
- well suited for underfloor heating
- They do not smell unpleasant like plastic, but natural wood
- Laminate is already deceptively real to buy
- You can buy laminate in every conceivable color and pattern
- Parquet as it used to be? The parquet sticks are also still available
- Oiled parquet is especially precious and over the years it gets its very own personality
- Parquet can be sanded off and resurrected
- Wooden floors provide a warmer indoor climate
- Click laminate can be laid quickly and easily, is straightforward
Disadvantages of wooden floors
- are more expensive to buy
- are more sensitive
- require more care
Conclusion: maintain parquet
Anyone who values high quality sustainability would always opt for a wooden floor. Regardless of whether it is oiled, not oiled or sealed or not sealed. The more protection the floor has, the easier it is to care for. Mop up liquids immediately, do not abuse the floor unnecessarily with hard shoe soles or chairs and careful cleaning and care - that's all you need if you want a warm and cozy floor covering that does not smell of plastic. You don't have to cover the whole apartment with it. One room might be enough. Do you have a stove? This brings out the naturalness even more.
The parquet and laminate maintenance is not rocket science, there are enough cleaning agents on the market, something to wax, something to polish and even the right vacuum cleaner nozzle. Parquet and laminate maintenance can be easy - so that the floor lasts for a long time.
Find in the top🔟 the best & best-selling parquet laminate care products 2022 on honest tests
- CatCup "FloorWAX" is a BIO natural product without chemicals and without solvents for the care of oiled real wood floors, parquet, floorboards,...
- Pour contents sparingly into the cleaning water. 250ml sufficient for 500 - 700 sqm. Your floor will be cared for by the included BIO Parquet Oil...
- Easy to use: For the first use, add 25ml to the cleaning water and dip 1 x per square meter. With regular use, dosing according to...
- Oberle, Dino (Author)
- HIGH EFFECTIVENESS: fast, thorough, effective cleaning and care of parquet floors and laminate surfaces without water or buckets, ...
- QUALITY CLOTH: Maximum dirt absorption thanks to the honeycomb structure of the cloth, light and heavy dirt side, ensures even on heavily used, ...
- PERFECT DOSAGE: Optimum, sufficient, special impregnation of the cloth material with care lotion prevents the soil and the ...
- CARE AND REFRESHING - of waterproof sealed, hard wax-oiled and UV-oiled wood and cork floors - parquet care creates matt ...
- EASY APPLICATION - first clean the floor thoroughly, the Dr. Protection parquet and cork cleaner or the intensive cleaner for...
- SILK-MATTE PARQUET SEALING - gives old and dull floors a silk-matt look and helps to maintain the value of your high-quality ...
- Gentle treatment - This concentrated cleaning agent offers the ideal gentle care and cleaning for sensitive parquet and ...
- Ideal cleaning - thanks to its special composition, the parquet cleaner leaves no streaks or streaks when cleaning ...
- Ideal protection - the efficient wooden floor cleaner offers additional joint protection, so that no moisture gets into the parquet or laminate floor ...
- ✅ PROTECTS AGAINST SCRATCHES: Our floor sealer puts a long-lasting protective shield on the surface, which protects the floor from ...
- ✅ WATERPROOF: The protective layer of the floor seal prevents penetration of liquids. This is how our floor sealing protects the...
- ✅ NON-SLIP: Our floor sealing has a certified anti-slip effect of class R9 according to DIN 51130. This not only feels ...
- ENVIRONMENTAL & SKIN FRIENDLY: HAKA stands for environmentally friendly and skin-friendly products - the green household cleaner was born in 1946...
- PROPERTIES: Protects the wood from drying out and preserves its original elasticity
- AREAS OF APPLICATION: The HAKA wood cleaner is the perfect choice for optimal care and cleaning of all wood and cork surfaces. Also...
- Perfectly matched for effective, pore-deep and streak-free cleaning of laminate, vinyl floor and tiles (damp, cold wipe).
- Suitable for laminate floor, vinyl floor, PVC floor, plastic floor, design floor, unglazed and glazed tiles and porcelain stoneware;
- Very productive: a bottle of soil cleaner concentrate is sufficient for approx. 40 applications.
- ✔ GENTLE TREATMENT - Wooden floor cleaner without chemicals as a laminate cleaning agent for parquet polish. Wooden floor care with parquet...
- ✔ MINERAL OIL FREE - As a parquet care product with vegan ingredients, small parquet scratches can be removed without any problems....
- ✔ OPTIMAL PARQUET PROTECTION - wooden floor cleaner for parquet care oiled parquet glossy as a parquet repair set, with the help of ...
- Test: Glückstoff - storage box made of fabric | Vintage
- Bosch cordless grass trimmer ART 26 Li
- Test: Carrera RC - Turnator Glow in the Dark
- AUKEY EP-T25 TWS headphones | In-ear | Bluetooth | USB-C charge
- Test: Echo Studio | Smarter high fidelity | 3D sound + Alexa
- Test: Kärcher cordless pressure washer KHB 5 | Strong performance and thorough result?
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a parquet laminate care test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Parquet laminate care If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
How to easily find the best parquet laminate care product for you!
What exactly do I expect to buy from the product Parquet Laminate Care?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. Nevertheless, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the parquet laminate care product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the parquet and laminate care products you have found. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers or brands produce parquet laminate care?
If you are looking for a "Parquet Laminate Care" product and want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed down your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & texture do I need for parquet laminate care and which do not?
How to choose the best parquet laminate care product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about parquet laminate care products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Parquet Laminate Care Reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few parquet laminate care products on your list that meet your needs. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative parquet laminate care reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong parquet laminate care product for themselves or who did not get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the parquet laminate care product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the parquet laminate care product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will give you more insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming parquet laminate care purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for problems with parquet laminate care?
⭐ Ask people around you about parquet, laminate care or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ The top 10 list from Honest Tests takes you to the best and most popular parquet flooring care products with links to ratings & reviews, where you will find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a parquet laminate care test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Parquet laminate care test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Parquet laminate care test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Parquet Laminate Care Test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Parquet laminate care test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Parquet laminate care test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Parquet laminate care test check.
How to buy parquet laminate care! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for parquet laminate care products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others . All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for parquet and laminate care are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying parquet laminate care?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your parquet laminate care product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your parquet laminate care product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are satisfied with the parquet laminate care product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
honest-tests.de can you do good Order parquet laminate care products online at good prices – Buy parquet laminate care online. Simply order parquet laminate care online, find parquet laminate care products and Buy parquet laminate care products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or want to order parquet laminate care products on the Internet. Buy parquet laminate care: Order good products like parquet laminate care online - at a good price! Look for parquet laminate care – find parquet laminate care – order parquet laminate care online!
The Honest Tests Website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as parquet laminate care at good prices on the Internet and to order parquet laminate care products directly to your home.
If you want to order parquet laminate care online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and to order we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon. Buying parquet laminate care products is so easy! - Super easy to order parquet laminate care products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
Sources: Maintaining parquet
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs