Advice: Set up the greenhouse in the garden
Own cucumbers and tomatoes, salads or chilli? Own vegetables are usually not only much healthier, the hobby garden can also save you some costs for fresh vegetables. So if you have your own garden or allotment, sooner or later you may be asking yourself whether such a warm house is worthwhile for you. Or you want a greenhouse and don't really know what for? What size should it be, which material is most suitable, whether a prefabricated kit is better than DIY? You can find out whether you need a foundation and which accessories turn out to be useful in our greenhouse guide. - Greenhouse: possibilities and tips for your greenhouse
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Greenhouse - in comparison
|【Stable and robust frame】 The frame of this cold house is made of high quality fir wood and thus guarantees you a long service life that you can rely on all year round ...||highly UV-stable and extremely tear-resistant; This film can also be used as: tomato film, cover for garden furniture, protective film, rectangular pool cover, for tomato greenhouses, greenhouses, ...||STABLE IN EVERY WEATHER | Our stable garden house defies wind and weather! It is equipped with light-refractive and UV-resistant glazing, holds temperatures down to -25 ° C to ...||The greenhouse has a total size of 200x77x169 cm||STABLE IN EVERY WEATHER | Our stable garden house defies wind and weather! It is equipped with light-refractive and UV-resistant glazing, holds temperatures down to -25 ° C to ...|
|【Supports healthy plant growth】 The windows made of UV-resistant polycarbonate enable your plants to receive excellent light and at the same time store a pleasant warmth ....||Color: initially with a greenish-blue cast (the color fades in the sun and the film becomes transparent)||VERSATILE USAGE | The greenhouse can be used for growing a wide variety of vegetables and herbs, as well as for rearing or overwintering certain plants. That...||Quick and easy to set up thanks to the practical plug-in system||VERSATILE USAGE | The greenhouse can be used for growing a wide variety of vegetables and herbs, as well as for rearing or overwintering certain plants. That...|
|The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon||The Amazon|
|26. January 2023 0: 48||26. January 2023 0: 48||26. January 2023 0: 48||26. January 2023 0: 48||26. January 2023 0: 48||26. January 2023 0: 48||26. January 2023 5: 03*Advertising|
What is a greenhouse for?
Depending on the size, you can Glass house not only get you through the vegetable year well - it is also suitable for wintering and growing different plants. Species of cabbage such as kohlrabi or broccoli, salads and leeks can be wonderfully preferred in a greenhouse before they can be brought outdoors after the ice saints. Chilli, tomato and cucumber, for example, like to stay in the house all year round, while heirs and potatoes as well as carrots and onions are absolute goers.
The more vegetables you can grow yourself, the less you have to buy. And much of what is left of the kitchen can be brought back to life. It starts with a sprouted potato, leeks can be harvested again and even dried corn can be planted. So two things are worth it: saving costs and growing delicious vegetables without chemicals. It tastes a lot better.
Greenhouse what size?
To determine the ideal size for your greenhouse, you should be roughly aware of how much of which plant you want to grow. Tomatoes and cucumbers take up a lot of space - you might not need 10 plants for that either.
The height is also important - after all, you don't want to crawl in it with a crooked back and if the house is high enough you don't have to cut the tomatoes so early. Sometimes they shoot and literally go through the roof.
Hanging shelves can be used for growing - this saves space. 14 sqm garden shedwhich at least 1,60 cm high is enough on average to add a few treats to a family of four. Shelves for greenhouses
** Too many tomatoes or other vegetables? Everything you need to know about boiling down can be found in our Preservation guide **
When you buy a greenhouse, you don't really have a choice when it comes to the frame material, which in most cases is for Aluminum greenhouses. This is stable, but can still be processed easily. It is durable and long lasting. It is often very humid in a greenhouse - aluminum can withstand this without rusting.
|1||BRAST greenhouse aluminum with foundation stainless 38 models...*||634 Reviews||€899,95||to offer|
|2||Zelsius aluminum greenhouse for the garden | included...*||€459,95||to offer|
|3||Gardebruk aluminum greenhouse 4,75m² with foundation 250x190cm...*||802 Reviews||€329,95||to offer|
Another option is Acrylic : This does not have to be deleted either, but it is not as high-quality as aluminum. So if you can choose the frame, choose aluminum.
But what about the covering?
Glass is and remains a classic. It is easy to clean and the sun cannot bleach or damage glass. In addition, glass shines beautifully in the garden - glass looks very noble when it is cared for. However, glass is heavy: until at 20 kg / m² can be included.
Even if the sun cannot damage the glass, soccer balls do. Glass is also not flexible - if the greenhouse surface moves, the glass may crack. Falling branches in a storm? This can also destroy a single glass. Other disadvantages: Glass alone hardly insulates at all, but a single glass greenhouse heats up enormously in the midday heat.
Only pull vegetables from spring and summer? Then a single glass greenhouse is sufficient. It can also be upgraded with a little effort: Special heat protection nets help against the midday heatIf you want to protect insensitive plants in winter, you can, for example, help yourself with insulating film or dimpled film. It doesn't look that nice, but it does the job.
The next stage: safety glass. Now soccer balls and falling branches are becoming uninteresting, as is hail. The glass is a little more expensive, but it can be worth it. You don't need to replace a glass. The Light transmission is almost 100% given, despite 3 mm thick discs. It is as easy to maintain as normal glass and also looks chic.
Another option is special insulating glass. This consists of two layers of glass, with carbon dioxide processed in the middle. This is complex to manufacture and correspondingly expensive. This is not really worth it for home use and those who only order the greenhouse for a certain period of the year are more likely to shy away from the high costs.
In contrast to glass, plastic weighs: almost nothing. It is about five times lighter and therefore has a weight of 4-5 kg / m². The insulating ability is higher with plastic. The disadvantage: If the plastic is attacked, scratched, rough, dirt and small mosses can settle in it. Blind panes barely allow sunlight through and this damages the growth of the plants. Another important point: the UV resistance! This information can be found at the manufacturers.
Double and triple-wall sheets
The general rule:
- Many layers - less light
- This also applies to the distance between the webs. The closer they are, the less light can pass through
- Coatings can also swallow the light
Plexiglas has good light transmission and insulates very well. Unfortunately, this plastic is very susceptible to the weather and it may be that the plexiglass has to be replaced after a few years.
Acrylic sheets for the greenhouse are very stable and durable, but swallow 20% light. The older they get, the less light can reach the plants in the greenhouse.
Plastic greenhouse vs. Glass greenhouse
In the comparison, this means:
A Glass house Glass is easy to clean, it is stable and has a high level of light transmission, and it also looks classy. But it is heavy and special glasses are correspondingly more expensive.
The Plastic greenhouse is light, cheap and better isolated. It is sensitive to this and often does not look nice.
Recommended reading: You will find many guides on various topics in the advice section !
Greenhouse finished or DYO?
If you want to venture into your own greenhouse, there are of course many more options available to let your own ideas flow into it. Depending on the point of view of the house, the materials and the necessary preparation, a self-made greenhouse does not necessarily have to be cheaper. Here too, for example, wood and greenhouse film, nails and the material for the foundation must be purchased. Finished Foil greenhouses are popular too.
|1||VOUNOT greenhouse foil greenhouse, side walls can be rolled up...*||€89,99||to offer|
|2||BRAST greenhouse foil greenhouse with steel foundation 4...*||€139,95||to offer|
With or without a foundation? A foundation often not only improves stability, but, anchored deep enough in the ground, can also keep burrowing animals out of the greenhouse. For a glass greenhouse, which is rather inflexible, only the safety should be built. If the house warps, the glass plates can crack under pressure. Soil moves: depending on the dryness or wetness and temperature, the soil works continuously.
There are some accessories for the greenhouses:
- Shading nets: If necessary, the nets are simply placed over the greenhouse and can keep up to 60% of the sun
- Plant holder: Practical plant holders are clamped in the rails of the sides of the greenhouses and tomato plants can now be attached to them, for example
- Rank network: Trellis nets inside the greenhouse help that the plant can stand on larger areas
- Irrigation: Irrigation can be built into the greenhouse, making manual watering unnecessary
- Climbing poles
- Greenhouse heating to keep temperatures
Of course there are clips or spare parts to buy.
Buying a greenhouse
What should you pay attention to when buying a greenhouse?
- Stand: Your greenhouse needs light and the best possible sheltered place
- How much do you want to grow?
- Plastic or glass? Both materials have advantages and disadvantages
- Or would you rather build it yourself?
- Would you like to overwinter plants in the greenhouse?
- How much money do you want to spend?
The list is actually very clear!
Greenhouse advantages and disadvantages
What are the advantages and disadvantages of owning a greenhouse?
✔ You can grow part of your own vegetables yourself
✔ You generally don't need a building permit
✔ You can also use the house to overwinter plants
✔ Or for growing
✔ Greenhouses last for many years
✘ You have to take care of it
✘ It needs a good place
✘ Maybe a foundation
Conclusion: greenhouse in the garden
Delicious fresh vegetables - cultivation - wintering. A greenhouse needs a bit of space and then the right one. But it's worth it. For about 400 euros you can get a great greenhouse that will accompany you for the next few years. If you convert that, how much money can you save by growing your own groceries? You can also build your own greenhouse or lay a foundation. If you place your greenhouse directly next to your house, it stays warmer even at sub-zero temperatures and can defend itself against frost. A windless place protects against cooling. Enjoy your garden!
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling greenhouse products 2022 on Honest Tests
- ✔ Plenty of space: 190 × 253 cm aluminum greenhouse with foundation and skylight for growing fruit, vegetables and plants....
- ✔ Stable foundation: The greenhouse is equipped with a stable foundation made of galvanized steel. Spring clips strengthen the square...
- ✔ Comprehensive protection: 4 mm thick hollow chamber panels made of polycarbonate surround the plant house on all sides. The plastic panels...
- Schulte, Miriam (Author)
- All BRAST aluminum greenhouses are tested and certified by TÜV Süd. These are not only controlled from a safety point of view, but...
- In our current model we have compared to the competition many additional roof gable reinforcements, roof braces and...
- Please compare! Our BRAST greenhouse is equipped with 6mm twin-wall panels, which make your greenhouse particularly...
- Pinske, Jörn (Author)
- LARGE SURFACE: Plenty of space to plant your tomatoes, plants and much more. Fresh harvests from your own garden!
- SIMPLE CONSTRUCTION: The newly developed Mythos greenhouse impresses with its simple assembly and elegant appearance. The assembly technology was...
- STABILITY & QUALITY: The frame made of powder-coated and rust-resistant aluminum ensures high wind resistance and long ...
- Palmstierna, Inger (Author)
- ALUMINUM GREENHOUSE: The Gardebruk brand greenhouse with an integrated thermometer consists of anodized aluminum profiles and ...
- HIGH STABILITY: Thanks to additional struts in the wall and roof area, stability and safety are guaranteed. The foundation of...
- PERFECT AIR CIRCULATION: The 2 foldable, practical skylights and the large sliding door ensure optimal air circulation. The...
- STABLE IN ANY WEATHER | Our stable garden shed defies wind and weather! It is equipped with a light-refracting and UV-resistant...
- VERSATILE USAGE | The greenhouse can be used for growing a wide variety of vegetables and herbs, as well as for rearing or...
- QUALITY BEFORE QUANTITY | We firmly believe that the quality of a product is everything. That's why we stick to our...
- Stadler, Johannes (Author)
- Create a perfect place to propagate seeds and protect your plants from the cold with this greenhouse.
- Glass greenhouse solid plant house made of aluminum and steel is UV resistant and thermally insulated.
- The tomato house guarantees the effective growth of your plants by storing moisture and providing optimal protection against extreme...
- Powerbank - Aukey PB-N36 20000mAh with USB / Lightning
- TEST: Oral-B Genius 8000N - Electric Toothbrush
- Test: iRobot Roomba 691 robot vacuum
- USB charger for power outlet - Anker PowerIQ
- Drinking tube for PET bottles - water at hand at all times
- Test: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop Pro (STYTJO2YM) | Robot vacuum cleaner with wiping function
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a greenhouse test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Glass house If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
How to easily find the best greenhouse product for you!
What exactly do I expect from the purchase of the greenhouse product?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. However, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the greenhouse product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the greenhouse products you found. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers or brands produce greenhouse?
If you are looking for a "greenhouse" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment & characteristics do I need for the greenhouse and which do I not?
How to choose the best greenhouse product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about greenhouse products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Greenhouse reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few greenhouse products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative greenhouse reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong greenhouse product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the greenhouse product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the greenhouse product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Perhaps it will bring you further insight into the quality, durability, care, handling and benefits of your upcoming greenhouse purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for problems with the greenhouse?
⭐ Ask people in your personal circle about greenhouses or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ The top 10 list by Honest Tests takes you to the best and most popular greenhouse products with links to ratings & reviews, where you can find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a greenhouse test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with greenhouse test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here greenhouse test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Greenhouse test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest greenhouse test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing greenhouse test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here greenhouse test check.
How to buy greenhouse! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular retailers for greenhouse products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for greenhouses are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying a greenhouse?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could add a price alert to your greenhouse product. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages for your greenhouse product or coupon codes for your product purchase. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are happy with the greenhouse product.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
honest-tests.de can you do good Order greenhouse products online at good prices – Buy greenhouse online. Simply order greenhouse online, find greenhouse products and Buy greenhouse products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, whether you want to buy offline or order greenhouse products online. Buy a greenhouse: Order good products like greenhouse online - at a good price! Search greenhouse – find greenhouse – order greenhouse online!
The honest tests website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as greenhouse at good prices on the Internet and to order greenhouse products directly to your home.
If you want to order greenhouse online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying greenhouse products is so easy! - Super easy to order greenhouse products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs