Advice: Set up the greenhouse in the garden
Own cucumbers and tomatoes, salads or chilli? Own vegetables are usually not only much healthier, the hobby garden can also save you some costs for fresh vegetables. So if you have your own garden or allotment, sooner or later you may be asking yourself whether such a warm house is worthwhile for you. Or you want a greenhouse and don't really know what for? What size should it be, which material is most suitable, whether a prefabricated kit is better than DIY? You can find out whether you need a foundation and which accessories turn out to be useful in our greenhouse guide. - Greenhouse: possibilities and tips for your greenhouse
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics .!
Greenhouse - in comparison
|【Stable and robust frame】 The frame of this cold house is made of high quality fir wood and thus guarantees you a long service life that you can rely on all year round ...||highly UV-stable and extremely tear-resistant; This film can also be used as: tomato film, cover for garden furniture, protective film, rectangular pool cover, for tomato greenhouses, greenhouses, ...||STABLE IN EVERY WEATHER | Our stable garden house defies wind and weather! It is equipped with light-refractive and UV-resistant glazing, holds temperatures down to -25 ° C to ...||The greenhouse has a total size of 200x77x169 cm||STABLE IN EVERY WEATHER | Our stable garden house defies wind and weather! It is equipped with light-refractive and UV-resistant glazing, holds temperatures down to -25 ° C to ...|
|【Supports healthy plant growth】 The windows made of UV-resistant polycarbonate enable your plants to receive excellent light and at the same time store a pleasant warmth ....||Color: initially with a greenish-blue cast (the color fades in the sun and the film becomes transparent)||VERSATILE USE | The greenhouse can be used for growing a wide variety of vegetables and herbs, as well as for growing or overwintering certain plants. The...||Quick and easy to set up thanks to the practical plug-in system||VERSATILE USE | The greenhouse can be used for growing a wide variety of vegetables and herbs, as well as for growing or overwintering certain plants. The...|
|26. November 2021 20: 01||26. November 2021 20: 01||26. November 2021 20: 01||26. November 2021 20: 01||26. November 2021 20: 01||26. November 2021 18: 17||26. November 2021 20: 01*Advertising|
What is a greenhouse for?
Depending on the size, you can Glass house not only get you through the vegetable year well - it is also suitable for wintering and growing different plants. Species of cabbage such as kohlrabi or broccoli, salads and leeks can be wonderfully preferred in a greenhouse before they can be brought outdoors after the ice saints. Chilli, tomato and cucumber, for example, like to stay in the house all year round, while heirs and potatoes as well as carrots and onions are absolute goers.
The more vegetables you can grow yourself, the less you have to buy. And much of what is left of the kitchen can be brought back to life. It starts with a sprouted potato, leeks can be harvested again and even dried corn can be planted. So two things are worth it: saving costs and growing delicious vegetables without chemicals. It tastes a lot better.
Greenhouse what size?
To determine the ideal size for your greenhouse, you should be roughly aware of how much of which plant you want to grow. Tomatoes and cucumbers take up a lot of space - you might not need 10 plants for that either.
The height is also important - after all, you don't want to crawl in it with a crooked back and if the house is high enough you don't have to cut the tomatoes so early. Sometimes they shoot and literally go through the roof.
Hanging shelves can be used for growing - this saves space. 14 sqm garden shedwhich at least 1,60 cm high is enough on average to add a few treats to a family of four. Shelves for greenhouses
** Too many tomatoes or other vegetables? Everything you need to know about boiling down can be found in our Preservation guide **
When you buy a greenhouse, you don't really have a choice when it comes to the frame material, which in most cases is for Aluminum greenhouses. This is stable, but can still be processed easily. It is durable and long lasting. It is often very humid in a greenhouse - aluminum can withstand this without rusting.
|1||Zelsius aluminum greenhouse for the garden | included...*||409,95€||To the offer ➤|
|2||Deuba aluminum greenhouse 3,7m ² 190x195cm incl .... *||384 Reviews||269,95€||To the offer ➤|
|3||Outsunny® Alu greenhouse cold frame cold frame box ... *||26 Reviews||57,90€||To the offer ➤|
Another option is Acrylic : This does not have to be deleted either, but it is not as high-quality as aluminum. So if you can choose the frame, choose aluminum.
But what about the covering?
Glass is and remains a classic. It is easy to clean and the sun cannot bleach or damage glass. In addition, glass shines beautifully in the garden - glass looks very noble when it is cared for. However, glass is heavy: until at 20 kg / m² can be included.
Even if the sun cannot damage the glass, soccer balls do. Glass is also not flexible - if the greenhouse surface moves, the glass may crack. Falling branches in a storm? This can also destroy a single glass. Other disadvantages: Glass alone hardly insulates at all, but a single glass greenhouse heats up enormously in the midday heat.
Only pull vegetables from spring and summer? Then a single glass greenhouse is sufficient. It can also be upgraded with a little effort: Special heat protection nets help against the midday heatIf you want to protect insensitive plants in winter, you can, for example, help yourself with insulating film or dimpled film. It doesn't look that nice, but it does the job.
The next stage: safety glass. Now soccer balls and falling branches are becoming uninteresting, as is hail. The glass is a little more expensive, but it can be worth it. You don't need to replace a glass. The Light transmission is almost 100% given, despite 3 mm thick discs. It is as easy to maintain as normal glass and also looks chic.
Another option is special insulating glass. This consists of two layers of glass, with carbon dioxide processed in the middle. This is complex to manufacture and correspondingly expensive. This is not really worth it for home use and those who only order the greenhouse for a certain period of the year are more likely to shy away from the high costs.
In contrast to glass, plastic weighs: almost nothing. It is about five times lighter and therefore has a weight of 4-5 kg / m². The insulating ability is higher with plastic. The disadvantage: If the plastic is attacked, scratched, rough, dirt and small mosses can settle in it. Blind panes barely allow sunlight through and this damages the growth of the plants. Another important point: the UV resistance! This information can be found at the manufacturers.
Double and triple-wall sheets
The general rule:
- Many layers - less light
- This also applies to the distance between the webs. The closer they are, the less light can pass through
- Coatings can also swallow the light
Plexiglas has good light transmission and insulates very well. Unfortunately, this plastic is very susceptible to the weather and it may be that the plexiglass has to be replaced after a few years.
Acrylic sheets for the greenhouse are very stable and durable, but swallow 20% light. The older they get, the less light can reach the plants in the greenhouse.
Plastic greenhouse vs. Glass greenhouse
In the comparison, this means:
A Glass house Glass is easy to clean, it is stable and has a high level of light transmission, and it also looks classy. But it is heavy and special glasses are correspondingly more expensive.
The Plastic greenhouse is light, cheap and better isolated. It is sensitive to this and often does not look nice.
Recommended reading: Lots of guides on different topics .!
Greenhouse finished or DYO?
If you want to venture into your own greenhouse, there are of course many more options available to let your own ideas flow into it. Depending on the point of view of the house, the materials and the necessary preparation, a self-made greenhouse does not necessarily have to be cheaper. Here too, for example, wood and greenhouse film, nails and the material for the foundation must be purchased. Finished Foil greenhouses are popular too.
|1||N / C foil greenhouse balcony, greenhouse green, 4 ... *||24,99€ 17,99€||To the offer ➤|
|2||Sekey Premium foil greenhouse with 4 floors - 69 x 49 x ... *||322 Reviews||39,99€||To the offer ➤|
With or without a foundation? A foundation often not only improves stability, but, anchored deep enough in the ground, can also keep burrowing animals out of the greenhouse. For a glass greenhouse, which is rather inflexible, only the safety should be built. If the house warps, the glass plates can crack under pressure. Soil moves: depending on the dryness or wetness and temperature, the soil works continuously.
There are some accessories for the greenhouses:
- Shading nets: If necessary, the nets are simply placed over the greenhouse and can keep up to 60% of the sun
- Plant holder: Practical plant holders are clamped in the rails of the sides of the greenhouses and tomato plants can now be attached to them, for example
- Rank network: Trellis nets inside the greenhouse help that the plant can stand on larger areas
- Irrigation: Irrigation can be built into the greenhouse, making manual watering unnecessary
- Climbing poles
- Greenhouse heating to keep temperatures
Of course there are clips or spare parts to buy.
Buying a greenhouse
What should you pay attention to when buying a greenhouse?
- Stand: Your greenhouse needs light and the best possible sheltered place
- How much do you want to grow?
- Plastic or glass? Both materials have advantages and disadvantages
- Or would you rather build it yourself?
- Would you like to overwinter plants in the greenhouse?
- How much money do you want to spend?
The list is actually very clear!
Greenhouse advantages and disadvantages
What are the advantages and disadvantages of owning a greenhouse?
✔ You can grow part of your own vegetables yourself
✔ You generally don't need a building permit
✔ You can also use the house to overwinter plants
✔ Or for growing
✔ Greenhouses last for many years
✘ You have to take care of it
✘ It needs a good place
✘ Maybe a foundation
Conclusion: greenhouse in the garden
Delicious fresh vegetables - cultivation - wintering. A greenhouse needs a bit of space and then the right one. But it's worth it. For about 400 euros you can get a great greenhouse that will accompany you for the next few years. If you convert that, how much money can you save by growing your own groceries? You can also build your own greenhouse or lay a foundation. If you place your greenhouse directly next to your house, it stays warmer even at sub-zero temperatures and can defend itself against frost. A windless place protects against cooling. Enjoy your garden!
Popular greenhouse buy | Buy greenhouse cheap online
Buy greenhouse - top 10 topseller list
- All of our BRAST aluminum greenhouses have been tested by TÜV Süd ...
- In addition to 3 colors and different lengths and widths, ...
- Our models have many additional gable reinforcements, ...
- A foundation frame, 6mm ...
- STABLE IN ANY WEATHER | Our stable garden house defies ...
- VERSATILE USE | The greenhouse can be used for growing ...
- QUALITY BEFORE QUANTITY | We firmly believe that ...
- INCL. MATCHING ACCESSORIES | The greenhouse is installed directly with ...
- Aluminum greenhouse: The Gardebruk brand greenhouse ...
- High stability: thanks to additional struts in wall and ...
- Perfect air circulation: The 2 foldable, practical ...
- Versatile use: The stable greenhouse offers sufficient ...
- This spacious greenhouse has a volume of 9 836 m³
- It can hold a considerable number of plants and is ...
- This solid greenhouse made of polycarbonate sheets is ...
- The greenhouse has a robust and maintenance-free ...
- 🌱Focus on the growth of seedlings: transparent ...
- 🌱Full control: With the seed coat with adjustable ...
- 🌱A good helper when starting seeds: it can control the germination rate ...
- 🌱Healthy and efficient growth: At the bottom of every cell ...
- How does it feel to have a foil greenhouse that much ...
- We also have the models 2021 with 4 metal ground anchors ...
- We use significantly more steel bracing than others ...
- Germany's toughest test magazine TESTBILD gave us the ...
- 2x Mini Greenhouse - Material: Plastic / Cellulose
- Dimensions each: approx. 27 x 19 x 10 cm (LxWxH) - dimensions per pot. approx. 3,5 x ...
- for up to 48 plants - biodegradable plant pots
- waterproof plastic tub
- Additional usable space through the rearing shelf with 4 metal storage racks
- Protects plants from cold, rain and frost
- UV protection through UV-resistant PE grid film
- Entrance: 60 x 157 cm can be rolled up and locked
- ideal for growing seedlings, seedlings or young plants ...
- incl. 4 cultivation plates for up to 96 young plants
- the seeds are stimulated to grow
- ideal size to put the greenhouse on the windowsill
- The tomato greenhouse protects your plants from cold, rain, ...
- Robust thanks to the stable steel frame construction, additional support ...
- The tear-proof and UV-resistant PE grid film offers optimal ...
- Sloping roof construction does not provide support for gatherings ...
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
- Test: cocoa with caffeine? Koawach brings the caffeinated cocoa in the morning
- Peanut butter from Argentina | without palm oil | no added sugar
- Test: Echo Studio | Smarter high fidelity | 3D sound + Alexa
- Test: Tea in a glass by Auresa | The delicious tea test
- Test: Makita DF330DWE cordless drill
- Test report: iPhone 12 from Apple
Greenhouse - Purchase Advisor
Your questions that you should ask yourself to find your suitable product.
- What budget do I have to buy?
- What do I want to do exactly with the product?
- Where can I find a greenhouse for a good price?
- Which greenhouse products do other people recommend?
- How do I use greenhouse best, are there any hints on the internet?
- What is the quality of greenhouse?
- How To Use Greenhouse Properly!
- What are the special features of this product that I really want to have?
- Are there often problems with greenhouse products?
- What is the shelf life of the product?
- Can you find solutions to the problem?
- Do you find greenhouse tests or on the internet Greenhouse comparisons?
How many people recommended or rated greenhouse in 2021?Share the greenhouse contribution.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 27.11.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs