How to enjoy a fireplace without hauling a lot of wood
Nothing is nicer than sitting comfortably in front of the fireplace in the evening, listening to the crackling fire and watching the flames dance. Immediately a cave atmosphere spreads, which has not only appealed to our ancestors, which also served as protection in the past. Something of this is anchored in us because it is not for nothing that so many people love their pellet stove.
Many are wondering how this can be done inexpensively without having to lug around cubic meters of wood. A pellet stove can be the solution here. We checked how much something like this costs, for whom it is suitable and what you have to watch out for so that the soothing warmth not only burns out your sense of comfort, but also your wallet. – Top ten pellet stove
Pellet stove top ten - in comparison
The functioning of a pellet stove
The new models are very efficient. You get by with little heating material and burn it without creating a lot of residue. This is not only economical, but also makes more sense from a technical perspective. You no longer necessarily have to tip the pellets, there are already systems that automatically fill the burner. While gas or oil are not necessarily economically stable, pellets are, they are made from pressed wood chips and pressed sawdust.
Basically a waste product that won't run out - as long as wood can be processed, at least. Despite the electronics, a pellet stove works almost noiselessly and is more efficient than, for example, a classic fireplace stove. The pellets can be conveniently ordered and are available. All you have to do is put the bags in the storage bin. The new systems do the rest by themselves.
They transport the pellets into the burner, where they are ignited and an automatically regulated supply of oxygen ensures that the combustion can be carried out exactly as required. Now the stove heats between 3 - 15 KW and can not only heat the room, but also the water. The cost here is around 1000 €, water-bearing systems are of course much more expensive. You can buy them online as well as from a professional.
For whom is a pellet stove suitable?
Of course, a chimney connection is the first thing you need. These can also be retrofitted. The chimney sweep will have to decide in individual cases how and in what form this is possible.
The pellet stoves also need a power connection so that the electronics can work. There are already models that can do without electricity, but are not water-bearing. There must be a storage place for the pellets.
The pellets are delivered well welded, but the warehouse shouldn't be soaking wet. If necessary, a heating specialist must be consulted if a water-bearing system is to be set up. What to do with the ashes? Not much will be left behind as the systems are very efficient. The ash can also be used as a fertilizer in the garden.
Some water-bearing stoves are even subsidized by the state with € 1400. How and whether you can save money with an oven is very individual, depending on the size of the oven, the conversion, the preliminary work, the follow-up costs, the oil and gas prices. If you want to fire your 15 kW all year round, you need around three to four tons of pellets. You can currently calculate around € 250 per ton.
Prognosis? Difficult, but the trend is rising. But it is also clear that 5 or 8 kW, which are completely sufficient if you only want to heat two or three rooms, only need a fraction of it. Here it is worthwhile to clarify the consumption, how much my stove needs per hour, how often do I have it on, then I can roughly say how much heating material I need.
What should be considered with a pellet stove?
Just put it that way, the stove is not. In keywords, we have summarized the most important:
- The chimney. In advance, clarify with the chimney sweep whether and how the chimney that is already in the house can be used and, if not, where and how high a new one has to be installed. The chimney sweep will check the existing chimney for safety, clean it and come over every year to see if it is still the case.
- He also has to remove the chimney himself and will measure whether the standards are being met every three years.
- Depending on whether the stove should be water-bearing or not, a heating specialist must be commissioned to connect the new system together. This can already be reflected in the acquisition costs and is actually only worthwhile if you own the house yourself or the system can be sold later on.
- Then, however, economical underfloor heating can also be installed. But there will also be additional follow-up costs.
- There are the stoves as a complete system, others are individual stoves, they have a small pellet tank. You have to fill it up now and then by hand. However, these are much cheaper in comparison and manage just as well to heat a few rooms, depending on the isolation of the premises. If you have such a stove and then have to heat 3 rooms less, you will notice it in the heating bill. After two to three years, the purchase has then usually paid off.
Advantages and disadvantages of a pellet stove
Of course, there are pros and cons here as well. We have outlined them.
▴A warm indoor air, which many people tolerate better, since it is not as dry as that of the heating air
▴ Protects the environment, since pellets are basically just waste materials. There is no need to cut new trees and make you less dependent on oil and gas
▴the new models are very efficient and there are hardly any combustion residues left
It is much more comfortable
In contrast to a normal stove that heats with wood, the pellet stove can be programmed by its electronics
▴Pellets are much cheaper than wood and can also save a lot on gas and oil
Anhigh acquisition costs
▾ Follow-up costs by chimney sweep, heating specialist and Co.
▾something more dust in the house
▾and ashes too
▾the pellets must be stored
Tip: ash vacuum cleaner help to dispose of the ashes!
Conclusion: pellet stove
Cuddly warmth is still the best and a fireplace testifies to coziness and style. With such a pellet stove you can also do something for the environment and the whole thing can also be subsidized by the state. If you have a bit of space and the possibility, you will probably always prefer a stove, how quickly you have gotten used to the benefits and the comforting homeliness.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling pellet stove products 2022 on Honest Tests
- CLIMATE-NEUTRAL HEATING: It works! With environmentally friendly residual wood pellets, the Waldbeck Energiewende pellet stove hardly leaves a...
- COZY WARMTH: Cozy warmth in all rooms with the romance of flames: the Waldbeck Energiewende pellet stove makes it possible. With 10kW...
- POWERFUL: The secret of its power are wood pellets, which are pressed from residual wood, e.g. sawdust, and are stored almost without dirt in the 18 kg ...
- Product 1: Fast and dust-free cleaning: The Kärcher ash vacuum cleaner effortlessly cleans the stove, pellet heating system and charcoal grill of cold...
- Product 1: Maximum safety: The container and hose are made of flame-retardant material, so that even when hot ...
- Product 1: 1-part filter system: The robust system of flat pleated and metal coarse dirt filter can be easily emptied and...
- 🔥 TÜV SÜD Germany tested | Corresponds to the 1st and 2nd standard of the BImSchV
- ♨️ Wood-burning stove with automatic, hourly scheduler
- 🌡️ 60-220 m³ space heating capacity | High heat output (30716,7 BTU / hour)
- Schenger pellet stove, fully automatic and programmable, from flame intensity regulation to cleaning functions. Easy to...
- Meets the current Ecodesign Directive according to Regulation (EU) No. 2015/1185, energy efficiency class A++, optimal thermal efficiency with...
- New TÜV certificates according to the current emission requirements 2022, Germany BImSchV level 2, DIN EN 14785: 2006-09, DIN EN 16510-1:...
- Pellet stove made of high-tech steel and maximum simplicity - Burning time pellets (max. 1,37 kg/h. - min. 0,57 kg./h) - High efficiency (max...
- Color: burgundy
- Dimensions: 43 x 43 x 76,5 cm.
- 💚 including packaging | palette | Delivery (without islands)
- 💚 65 x 15kg = 975kg | Welded to protect against the weather in handy and recyclable PE film | 15kg per PE bag
- 💚 Calorific value: > = 16,5 MJ/kg | Ash content: <= 0,7% | Binder: 0% | Water content: <= 10% | Sulfur content: 0%
- This heater is designed for use in small spaces, its small size and modern design make it perfect for all...
- The stainless steel coating covers the compact structure of the stove, which adapts perfectly to any style of living, becoming a real design object...
- The optional Wi-Fi allows you to control the heater remotely.
- Pellet stove Extraflame Luisella
- Manufacturer: La Nordica
- Efficiency:> 91%
Reading tips: coole DIY Projects | FITNESS | You like product testing read?
- Havit i95 InEar-Blutooth headphones | Test experience
- Drinking tube for PET bottles - water at hand at all times
- Tested: spy camera in the AC adapter
- Test: Aukey EP-T21 earbuds - 5 hours playing time and great bass
- Electric Japanese Teppanyaki griddle for roasting and grilling
- DIY torches | Do it yourself torches | OIL or Wax?
We have created a buying guide with useful tips for you. He can advise and protect you from some bad purchases in 2023. He gives you recommendations for purchase, shows you useful links or brings you closer to a pellet stove test.
Get experiences & recommendations from customers, buyers, friends, social media, blogs or trade journals. before you a Pellet stove If you want to buy a product, be smart and you are well prepared.
Honest tests you can find some tests (including pool, FITNESS, Home & garden) & Guide (including Smart Home, Beauty, Handcraft) who can help you further.
How to easily find the best pellet stove product for you!
What exactly do I expect to buy from the pellet stove product?
Many products have a primary purpose for which they are needed. Nevertheless, no matter what you are looking for or want to use the pellet stove product, write down exactly what you expect from the product, how and where you want to use it. Research and compare the pellet stove products you found. You will find that many products do exactly what you are looking for, but have many more functions, different properties or handling that you did not know. The variety of products and scope of delivery can be very different.
Which manufacturers or brands produce pellet stoves?
If you are looking for a "Pellet stove" product and you want a specific brand or manufacturer, then you have already narrowed your search with BRAND or manufacturer. If this is not the case, you must first get an overviewwhich manufacturers and brands produce and offer the product you are looking for. Benefit here well-known brands and manufacturers with their products. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating lesser-known brands or manufacturers. These could be new to the market or just less well known in the respective country.
You can often find a better one Price-performance ratio due to production costs or philosophy. Proven brands and manufacturers rely on notoriety and trust over the years that they've built up. quality & service have convinced, but can fade over time. Everything is reflected in the price. So pay attention to lesser-known products, they don't have to be worse. These can also have good service, good quality or come with more scope of delivery. Experiences of other buyers are very important.
Which functions, equipment and characteristics do I need for a pellet stove and which do I not?
How to choose the best pellet stove product
You now know exactly what you expect from your new product and how you want to use it. You have gotten an overview of the available products. You have now gained more information about pellet stove products, as well as their functions, properties, handling and scope of delivery. What you initially expected from the product, you should now add new points and weigh up what do I absolutely need and what not. Also think long-term about comfort, consumption, benefits and scope of delivery.
Pellet stove reviews, tests and star ratings simplify your purchase decision!
You now have a few pellet stove products on your list that match your desire. Now you have to sort out and go into more detail about the products. Search any product for buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests on the web. You will read positive and negative and you will notice which product you are drawn to. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
👉 How reputable is the website or shop and its buyer ratings, recommendations, reviews & tests?
👉 Buyer reviews can be bought or fake, look at the number of reviews and spelling.
👉 Use other useful websites to evaluate fake reviews!
👉 What exactly are negative reviews about?
How do I deal with negative pellet stove reviews and experiences?
Negative reviews are often written when a product arrives defective, which can be due to the delivery route or directly to the manufacturer. It can happen, but it's not the norm and shouldn't put you off. There are many negative reviews from customers who bought the wrong pellet stove product for themselves or who didn't get the right information and were now disappointed. Incorrect or incorrect use can also lead to a negative rating.
Products often have to be assembled, for some this is too complicated, time-consuming or just not for them. Often these so-called negative ratings simply contain frustration that the buyer had. Nevertheless, there are certainly legitimate negative reviews, so I always recommend that you read them Read reviews carefully and revolves around use, durability & quality. What problems did you have? How did the dealer or manufacturer react to problems?
👉 Few reviews does not always mean that your chosen product is necessarily bad. Maybe it just hasn't been on the market long enough and hasn't been valued enough as a result.
👉 If possible, ask your open questions to the buyer or seller in case of problems.
👉 some sellers fight each other with negative/positive ratings to improve or deteriorate sales ranks and positioning.
What problems, solutions or tips can I find about the pellet stove product?
It is often helpful to research problems, solutions or tips about the product before making a purchase. Here you can benefit from the knowledge of buyers who may have had the pellet stove product for some time, what they do with it or have experienced. This can be negative as well as positive. Maybe it will bring you more knowledge about the quality, durability, care, handling and use of your upcoming pellet stove purchase.
Where can I find solutions and tips for problems with pellet stoves?
⭐ Ask in your personal area about pellet stoves or products for experiences and tips.
⭐ The Honest Tests top 10 list takes you to the best and most popular pellet stove products with links to ratings & reviews, where you will find many opinions and recommendations.
⭐ Many sales platforms offer their buyers a rating, which you can usually find under the product.
⭐ There are question & answer portals with the questions & answers you are looking for, or post them directly yourself. Example: Gutefrage.net
⭐ For every product or topic there are forums on the Internet where users, buyers or like-minded people can exchange ideas.
⭐ Facebook groups or Facebook pages act like forums with lots of questions and answers.
⭐ Look at detailed Top reviews on Amazon * an. There are many for very good quality and satisfied buyers 4 or 5 star ratings. The more customer reviews a product has, the safer the opinions and information about it.
Where can I find a pellet stove test on the internet?
💻 Just look in the area "Testing" from Honest Tests over or use here with Pellet stove test the search, maybe we already have something for you! 🙂
💻On Google you can enter here Pellet stove test Find! You can use any search engine out there. Also use a year for current tests, for example Pellet stove test 2022.
💻 For product recommendations and product tests with test results 2022, you can search for an existing one at Stiftung Warentest Pellet stove test check.
💻 Check at Ökotest whether an existing Pellet stove test is discoverable.
💻 Youtube is the choice for reviews and test videos. You can go here Pellet stove test check.
How to buy a pellet stove! 🛒
You can buy any product either online or in a local store. You will always find a much larger selection online. You will find popular local shops such as a hardware store, drugstore, shopping center or a specialist shop on site and can get an idea of the products directly.
🏬 Popular dealers for pellet stove products could be: Aldi, Penny, Kaufland, Norma, Lidl, Netto, Roller, Rossmann, DM, Rewe, Real, Bauhaus, Toom, Obi, Hornbach, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Medimax and many others. All providers also sell selected products in their own online shop. 🛍
Online you will find many other online shops or price comparison sites in addition to the ones mentioned above.
💻Popular portals for pellet stoves are: Amazon, eBay, Otto, Conrad, Pearl, Billiger, Idealo, Geizhals, Check24 and many more. Everywhere you will find test winners, price winners or comparison winners, maybe exactly the product you are looking for is there!
How can I save money when buying a pellet stove?
1. Saving tip❗ Look for designated ones discounts, offers, price reductions or bargain offers, but with Caution and compare.
⚠To check an offer, you can specifically for Amazon "Keepa" or "CamelCamelCamel" to use. Prices are tracked here, so you can see if an offer is really an offer. Many retailers lower prices on special occasions such as Black Friday, Christmas, Easter or other promotional days. With "Keepa" you can see months in advance how the price has been and you will notice that the price has been increased more and more to the promotion day, weeks or 1-2 months before the promotion to represent an offer at the promotion time, although it is the Price is that has been used often or for a long time. ⚠
Dealers like to use the tactic of adjusting a product from its normal price to a very expensive price, only to later sell it at that normal price (now much cheaper). With this tactic, the retailer triggers a price drop, which signals an offer for many online shops, websites, deal sites, price portals and positions it accordingly or makes it conspicuous. Use these tactics to your advantage and catch the periods before and after these price adjustments. This will certainly require a little time, planning and patience for your purchase.
Here at Honest Tests we have one "Keepa" price history view built into the tables and their contributions from "Tests" & "Guides". There you can see how the price of a product was in the past.
2. Saving tip💶❗ Always compare the scope of delivery with the price. A low price for a single product can become more expensive if you have to buy something as an option right away or later. A product set with a lot of scope of delivery can then suddenly be cheaper, although the price seems high at first.
3. savings tip💶❗ Don't buy scopes of delivery/equipment or more functions if you can already weigh up that you don't need them or use them little.
4. Saving tip💶❗ Use price alerts! You can set price alerts on some websites, comparison sites or portals. You could provide your pellet stove product with a price alert. You will then receive an e-mail notification when you reach your desired price, which has been tracked over a certain period of time.
5. Saving tip💶❗ Maybe use coupon pages or coupon codes for your product purchase for your pellet stove product. There are browser extensions that allow you to buy a possible voucher code directly from the online shop. Many retailers want to retain their buyers after a purchase and include voucher codes with them. Voucher websites show you current vouchers for everything. You just have to check whether one would be possible for you at the moment.
6. Saving tip💶❗ Does your product have to be new? With used products, B-stock or Refurbished products you can save a lot! Amazon and Ebay offer used, B-stock or refurbished item on. Depending on the used condition and knowing someone else has used it, you can save a lot, but it may not be for everyone. B-Ware items often have transport or cosmetic defects, but are fully functional. Refurbished goods are used, defective and returned goods that have been prepared for sale and have a guarantee. Amazon offers these products as Warehouse Deals
Tip: A Gift Idea or Birthday gifts should never be cheap products, don't give away anything that you wouldn't use yourself in terms of quality.
Lots of positives Buyer ratings are often a sign that people are satisfied with the pellet stove product.
Amazon.de * offers many different ways to analyze a product well. With the buying guide you are sure to find some pellet stovesTests or pellet stove comparisons.
You always want the most popular top product at the best possible price and no additional costs. Many want that. But quality has its price. If you buy cheap, you often buy twice or three times again. Spend a little more money and enjoy its quality in the long term, you will enjoy it more in the long run than cheap bargains. It's not always easy to buy a quality product at a reasonable price. If you stick to a few purchase criteria, customer reviews and the buying guide, you will surely find the right product for you. Have fun!
Recommended reading: massage gun, Fitness Bike, product testing
honest-tests.de can you do good Order pellet stove products online at good prices – Buy pellet stove online. Simply order pellet stoves online, find pellet stove products and Buy pellet stove products. Always pay attention quality and rating of the products, regardless of whether you want to buy offline or want to order pellet stove products on the Internet. Buy a pellet stove: Order good products like pellet stoves online - at a good price! Search for a pellet stove – find a pellet stove – order a pellet stove online!
The honest tests website - gives you the opportunity to compare many products such as pellet stoves at good prices on the Internet and to order pellet stove products directly to your home.
If you want to order pellet stoves online: Search on Ehrliche-tests.de, find your product and we will direct you to an online shop like Amazon to order. Buying pellet stove products is so easy! - Super easy to order pellet stove products online.
Discover the now honest tests! Have you read everything up to here? WOW! Then you are either very precise or a search engine, because this text is written for them 🙂
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 27.03.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs