String algae shredder Top 10 - advisor against algae
If you can call a pond your own, in addition to the feast for the eyes, you sometimes have to struggle to keep things away that are harmful to you. Algae are quite natural, but if they get out of hand, this can upset the entire ecology of the pond and cause massive damage to the fish and flora.
The result: The pond threatens to tip over. How algae in general and thread algae in particular are formed and how to get rid of them, you can read in this guide. Thread algae destroyer top 10
Origin of algae
A healthy pond water is measured on the basis of three values:
- The pH, this indicates how acidic the water is. A pH of 7 is absolutely basic. In the morning, the pond water should have a pH from 7 to 8, in the evening 8 to 9.
If you want to find out the CO2 content of the water, you also need the
- KH valueSo the carbonate hardness. This then gives the CO2 value of the water. Optimal are 5 mg per liter of water.
- The GH value describes the magnesium and calcium value. A healthy GH value lies between 8 - 12 dH. In this area, the pond plants feel comfortable and microorganisms can spread well. The CO2 value is well adjusted because excess CO2 is bound by the calcium. Oxygen deficiency or acidification are thus largely eliminated.
Unfortunately, the water never stays the same. Environmental influences such as rain or snow and biological processes soften the pond water. Regular checks are therefore necessary. What happens now when algae form? Algae have their right to exist. They absorb what the "other" plant world cannot. In this way, excess nutrients are filtered out of the water. However, since algae are much less undemanding than the "good" plants, they sometimes multiply rapidly.
Now the entire system threatens to tip over: action must be taken.
The thread alga belongs to the genus of the green alga. She likes calm water and often appears in spring.
The reason: After winter, the waters have often softened. This frugal thread algae will multiply rapidly if you are not careful. The tricky thing about it is that the pH can rise up to 11. You have few demands on temperature or water quality. The algae take away the sunlight from the micronutrients and plants and absorb the nutrients faster as the rest of the system can recover. They like the nitrate in the water, this is inevitable after the winter. When there is no more nitrate in the water, they dissolve and float on the surface of the water as a green, slimy mass. The KH and pH values are so in the cellar that the oxygen-producing plants have little or no chance.
Various algae killers and thread algae killers
String algae are a recurring event that can take over. To a lesser extent, they can be beneficial to the pond. Too much of them hurts. What are the possibilities except prevention?
The number of blocks or the amount is calculated for the respective amount of water. The tablets can also be divided if necessary. Better a little too little than too much. These blocks are best for a swimmer. They are placed there, the tablet dissolves and is thus distributed in the pond water. On average you have 2-3 weeks of rest before the green slime. These are also available as all-rounders and then destroy any type of algae, while leaving the desired flora and fauna alone.
Phosphate is an important nutrient for the algae. There are phosphate binders that remove this nutrient. Advantage: Existing algae starve. But this also makes cleaning the water necessary. If necessary, the pond must then be specially ventilated, as a short-term lack of oxygen can occur. The phosphate binder is dissolved in an external container and then poured into the pond. He spreads out alone. An application every 8 weeks is necessary in most cases. Some manufacturers also have a kind of tab on offer, similar to one Dishwasher. There are also filter systems that not only bind the phosphate, but also filter out copper and lead at the same time.
The natural enemy of algae? Copper. The concentration of copper must be 0,2-0,3 PPM for it to work. The pond water is mineralized with copper, so to speak. This can be seen as a natural algae destroyer, only electrical impulses are used. The positively charged copper ions are released into the water. The effect is very long-lasting. With some devices you can even program in what percentage less algae you would like to have. The device then calculates automatically.
The fish will be a little unfamiliar with this in the first few days, but they should get used to it quickly. This system is ruled out for ponds that house snails or mussels. Frogs cannot tolerate it either, because molluscs generally cannot tolerate copper. In winter, the device must be out of the water. From around 12 degrees it must be stored. Salt doesn't tolerate it either.
There are a few good tips on how to stem the increase in thread algae. This includes setting oxygen-producing plants that do not rely on water to produce oxygen. These can be floating plants, marsh plants or even water lilies.
- 50% of the pond may be quietly covered with wanted plants. They absorb the nutrients then increased, which takes the algae food.
- Constant control of the appropriate water values.
- Optionally activate microorganisms. There are special resources to encourage them.
- If you remove the algae from the water, but a source of oxygen disappears. If necessary, ventilation is necessary.
Purchase Decision Overview - Thread Alien Destroyer Top 10
A small overview that can help you to make a purchase decision:
An electronic thread algae destroyer must always be connected to the power supply. It has to be maintained and cared for and stored over the winter. The advantage is that you can set the "algae capacity", so to speak, how high the algae can be. The devices manage up to around 75.000 liters. With the phosphate binder you are not dependent on the size of the pond, you calculate the need based on the water. However, there is a risk of overdosing. It is better to use a little less phosphate binder than too much. The starved algae must be removed and regular water quality tests are required. You have to look more often at the swimmers and the algae control tabs. A new tab may be due every 2-3 weeks. More complex, but also kinder to the environment due to the lower dosage.
The copper is the only thing that damages the molluscs. Shells, frogs and snails do not cope with it.
With the other two possibilities are with meaningful use, hardly concerns.
The electric copper ion converter is relatively expensive once in a ratio, in addition, the copper anodes must be changed at regular intervals. In addition comes the power consumption.
The phosphate binders are already quite cheap to buy in the trade, for 10.000 liter from about 20 €.
In the same price range are also the tabs and the float, both are available together as a set.
Most naturally, a pond and its inhabitants can develop, the less "human" intervenes, this is clear. So if you want a natural pond, the above tips will help you to use as little chemistry as possible. Of course, care has to be there so that flora and fauna can feel good.
Conclusion - thread algae destruction Top 10
Even if you should be aware that you are interfering with algae destruction in your own system of the pond, sometimes it does not help. Precisely because the pond can not regulate itself, but this brings exactly the responsibility with it that sometimes an eye is thrown on it. Balancing the costs, benefits and tolerability of other pond dwellers.
With the many different possibilities, it may be difficult to decide. It would not only be the size and therefore the implementation of the cleanup that had to be weighed up. Already a lot of algae can be avoided with the tips given above.
Each pond and its inhabitants as the owner are different in the claims. The fact is: the more you want the pond clean and tidy, the more work it does and you have to pay more attention to it.
String Algae Top 10 - List
Buy popular thread algae destroyer | Buy thread algae destroyer cheap online
Buy thread algae destroyer - top 10 topseller list
- POND CARE AGAINST THREADALGAE: Highly effective Söll ...
- WORKS IMMEDIATELY: The thread algae remover without toxic heavy metals ...
- OPTIMAL APPLICATION: When algae bloom, the thread algae agent should ...
- SAFE TO USE: The pond care product is free from ...
- German brand quality: The KOIPON thread algae destroyer is the ...
- Algae-free thanks to natural ingredients: phosphate-free pond ...
- Anti algae agent based on natural ingredients. The...
- In order to destroy algae & clean the garden pond ...
- Reliably helps against thread algae!
- Suitable for koi and swimming ponds
- Contains no ammonium compounds or metal salts
- Absolutely harmless to humans, animals, plants and all ...
- THREADALGAE-FREE POND: Effective OASIS AquaActiv AlGo Direct ...
- QUICKLY EFFECTIVE ALGAE CONTROL: Within a few hours ...
- APPLICATION: The thread algae remover with active oxygen requires ...
- NATURAL DECAY: After use, the active ingredient breaks down into ...
- 5 liter thread algae destroyer liquid without copper and ...
- No peroxide harmless to humans and animals
- Also suitable for swimming ponds
- Algae growth is stopped. Algae are reduced and the new colonization ...
- Active ingredient also suitable for swimming ponds
- Works through direct contact
- Ideal for locally limited infestation, e.g. in streams
- Including KH rapid test for safe use
- German brand quality: KOIPON Pon-Vital acts like an algae ...
- 100% organic algae-free: The biological pond cleaning ...
- Anti algae agent alternative increases oxygen to algae in ...
- Get the garden pond free of thread algae without any thread algae ...
- Dosage: 15 ml (1 measuring spoon) on 3 Great value for money,
- Great value for money, top quality product. Great value for m
- Great value for money, top quality product. Great value for m
Find top 10 products
(best-selling & rated products)
- Advent calendar with spices
- Test: Tefal fryer Super Uno Access FR3100 | Frying made easy
- Test: TonieBox by Tonies | Music & radio plays for children
- Havit i95 InEar-Blutooth headphones | Test experience
- Test: Kärcher high-pressure cleaner K3 | Premium Power Control
- Peanut butter from Argentina | without palm oil | no added sugar
Thread Alien Killer - Purchase Advisor
Your questions that you should ask yourself to find your suitable product.
- What budget do I have to buy?
- What do I want to do exactly with the product?
- Where can I find thread algae destroyers at a good price?
- Which thread algae products do other people recommend?
- How do I use thread algae shredders best, are there hints on the internet?
- What is the quality of thread algae destruction?
- How to use thread algae destroyer correctly!
- What are the special features of this product that I really want to have?
- Are there often problems with thread algae destruction products?
- What is the shelf life of the product?
- Can you find solutions to the problem?
- Do you find thread algae destroyer tests or on the Internet Thread algae destroyer comparisons?
How many people recommended or rated thread algae destroyers in 2021?Share the thread algae destroyer contribution.
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.11.2021/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs