Ice machine with compressor - make ice cream at home
Ice is cool - in every season. In winter, there are delicious variations with cinnamon and nuts, in the summer delicious fruit ice cream. Even the classic chocolate - vanilla - strawberry works all year round. Are you also a big ice fan? Then you should buy your own ice machine.
We stay cool in this guide. The following questions are answered: what does an ice machine do? What types of machines are there? What types of ice cream can you make? What should you pay attention to when buying? With a few delicious basic recipes, we put the icing on the cake. One, two, tree, ice! - ice machine with compressor - make ice cream at home
Ice machine with compressor - in comparison
|1||SPRINGLANE Ice Cream Maker Emma 1,5 L with self-cooling compressor...*||2.224 Reviews||€239,99||to offer|
|2||Krups GVS241 Ice Cream Maker Venice Perfect Mix | 1L homemade...*||€72,99||to offer|
|3||MEDION ice machine with compressor (ice cream maker & yoghurt...*||€199,99||to offer|
What is an ice cream maker?
An ice cream machine actually only consists of two important things: it has to stir and cool. Stirring is important so that the mass blends, cooling at the same time ensures that it becomes firm. The most common models are accordingly easy to use. You can turn it on and set how long it should stir and cool. A good additional function is also the after-cooling. This ensures that the cold ice does not melt after the actual process.
In many cases the material is stainless steel. Stainless steel is easy to clean and also bacteria-proof. On the outside, the devices are made of sturdy plastic and they have a display on which you can read the time. Rubber feet ensure a firm footing. Electricity is of course still required. Good devices have to be easy to clean - you can put many of them in the dishwasher. When you remove the ice cream from the machine, it is best to use a rubber spatula or something similar. This prevents scratches.
** Tip: Some units also have two bowls, so you can make two different ice creams at the same time.
How does an ice cream maker work at home?
The devices for the home are smaller and lighter than those used in gastronomy. You can use it to make around 1,7 liters (depending on the model) of ice cream at once. In most cases, the stirrers are inserted into the bowl with the mass from above. This is practical because there is less loss in the end. An integrated cooling system ensures constant cooling during the processing process. In very few cases more is required. You fill the container with your ingredients, assemble the machine and press start or set the time.
** Tip: if you fill your machine cold (at least 6 degrees) into the machine, then the machine takes less time to conjure a delicious ice cream.
Combi tools are even more fun! Some manufacturers have come along and so you can use a machine soft ice cream, ice cream, yogurt ice cream and many other ice cream in one machine.
Differences ice machine
There are two significant differences for home use. An ice machine can work with a cooling battery or with a compressor. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Ice machine with cold packs
An ice machine without a compressor is much cheaper than a machine with a compressor. Therefore, it is particularly suitable if you either only want to make yourself an occasional ice cream or you are just not sure whether this is all for you. Depending on the model, you have to put the freezer unit in the freezer for up to 24 hours. After that, a quick processing process is necessary.
You can not only use it to make ice cream, but sorbet and frozen yoghurt are also possible.
When making ice cream, it may sometimes be necessary to put the ice cream back in the freezer at the end of the meal - to make it very firm. For yoghurt or sorbet this is usually no longer necessary. It can be right in the stomach.
Is this worth it for you?
Abstract ice maker without compressor
- low in price
- lower electricity costs through the device
- It is smaller than a device with a compressor and therefore lighter
- the freezer has to be pre-cooled (up to 24 hours) and that costs time and planning, even from the space
- the items are all easy to clean / dishwasher safe
- quick processing of the ice is necessary
- other frozen recipes are possible
- Ice cream becomes less creamy
As you can see, an ice maker with batteries is the lightweight construction that can and will make you more than adequate for your own ice cream. Even devices in the lower price segment may already be sufficient for your purposes. If you're a person who likes to experiment, our recommendation is that you pick a device that can do it all. This saves frustration at the end of the day - and a premature overspending.
** Tip: An icemaker with semiconductors is such a middle thing. It has no compressor and cools down independently. It's faster and less loud.
Ice machine with compressor
That would give you the big brother at home and a device that needs more space, more electricity and more investment. In return you get an ice cream with the quality from the ice cream parlor you trust. An ice cream machine with a compressor also has to pre-cool, although not as long as a machine with batteries. Compressor models are great for people who like to eat ice cream and frozen foods. And also want to fill a lot of bellies with it.
You can try 1001 recipes and invent your own. The possibilities are almost endless. They are available in both small and large sizes, measured by the liters of ice that the machine can produce at one time. What is more: some compressors are loud or less loud, but that is different.
Recommended reading: Eiswein
Abstract ice maker with compressor
- more expensive like the machines without a compressor
- also need to pre-cool electricity
- with compressor, the machines are bigger and heavier
- they also need their time to cool themselves - this takes about 1-2 hours
- some models are more difficult to clean
- you are far more flexible in time - the machine stays cold and after the process of stirring many machines have a function that prevents the ice from melting
- This also means that you do not have to chill the ice in the freezer
- the machine stirs and cools all the time, making the ice creamier
|1||MEDION ice machine with compressor (ice cream maker & yoghurt...*||€199,99||to offer|
|2||MEDION self-cooling ice machine with compressor (2 liters of ice,...*||€219,99||to offer|
|3||SPRINGLANE Ice Cream Maker Emma 1,5 L with self-cooling compressor...*||€239,99||to offer|
|4||SPRINGLANE ice cream machine Eni 1 L with self-cooling compressor...*||€139,99||to offer|
|5||SEVERIN compact ice cream machine & yoghurt maker, space-saving...*||205 Reviews||€289,00 €209,00||to offer|
Which ice can I make?
Basically, you can make any ice cream yourself:
- ice cream
- Soft ice cream
- Sorbet Ice Cream
- milk shake
- frozen yogurt - ice cream
Ice Cream Maker Savings
Is it worthwhile to invest economically in an ice cream machine?
A scoop of ice cream currently costs around € 1,10. The cheapest models of an ice cream machine with a cold pack cost around € 20. This means that such an investment has paid for itself in just one weekend. If you want to buy a cheap device for around € 200, all you need to do is make 182 scoops of ice cream yourself, and it's worth it. 182 bullets sound a lot now? Not at all because that's about 60 x 3 balls.
You have eaten that amount of ice cream with friends and family in two months at the latest, right? Of course there is the money for the ingredients, but hey ... an ice cream season like this can be very long if you have such a device at home.
Is homemade ice cream healthy?
Since you can put together your own ice cream and have direct influence on your ice: yes, basically. You can decide for yourself how much sugar or cream should come into your ice cream. Or if you want to add some yogurt or quark.
Do you want to do sports and really want healthy ice cream? Try a protein ice cream. All you need is water, your protein powder and fruits as needed.
Here you get from us a few basic recipes, so you can start right now. What else do you need? Sprinkles, various ice cream sauces, cream? You need fruits, fruits! So maybe. 🙂
- ripe bananas
- fresh fruits as needed
Instead of banana you can also take boiled sweet potato without shell. But then you have to take (plant) milk. For sweetening honey or maple syrup is.
Protein ice cream
- 30 g protein powder
- 150g frozen berries
- 250 ml of water / milk / vegetable milk
Soft ice cream vanilla
- 500 ml of cream
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Two tablespoons powdered sugar
- 500 g of yogurt
- 100 g of sugar vanilla sugar
- 50 ml of cream
- 80 ml of milk
- 4 tablespoon of cottage cheese
Ice cream vanilla
- 400 ml of sweet cream
- vanilla beans
- 100g sugar
- possibly vanilla sugar
- 170 ml water
- 4 mango (or frozen mango)
- Lime juice 3 tablespoon
- 170 g sugar
|1||Ice cream recipes from the ice cream machine: The best and tastiest 130...*||52 Reviews||€10,99||to offer|
|2||Ben & Jerry's Original Ice Cream & Desserts. The cult ice for ... *||€12,99||to offer|
|3||Ice cream recipe book: 150 delicious and diverse ice cream recipes with and...*||180 Reviews||€2,99||to offer|
What is ice-cream?
Ice powder is the substitute for egg yolks - when you want it to be particularly creamy. Ice powder consists of whole milk powder, sugar and stabilizers - depending on the manufacturer, other ingredients are added. If you use ice powder instead of egg yolks, it's not only vegetarian, but you don't have to pasteurize the ice cream too, because of salmonella.
Ice powder is also available in different flavors, thus opening up more infinite recipes.
Ice cream vegan? Sure, there's also.
|1||Hobby baker ice cream powder milk ice cream base ► extremely creamy ... *||122 Reviews||€16,85||to offer|
|2||SPRINGLANE Nice Eis, vegan ice cream powder for milk ice cream, 100% organic,...*||€19,90||to offer|
|3||StarterSet Eis-Perfecto - creamy ice cream that doesn't go in the freezer...*||€39,99||to offer|
What you should pay attention to when buying the compressor supercharger
An ice machine is not rocket technology with and without a compressor, and if you find good reviews, you can generally count on the opinion of Internet users. Most are very critical and the manufacturers have to give a guarantee anyway.
★ How much ice cream do you eat?
★ Do you want a compressor or battery based on the amount of ice?
★ Do you enjoy such things? If so, it may be worth investing in a high-quality 4 product
★ how much money do you want to spend?
★ When buying, also pay attention to what the ice machine can produce. There are various differences in terms of ice cream, sorbet, milkshake ...
★ how much room do you have at home for the machine?
★ would you like to make several ice creams at once or quickly in a row?
★ does time matter to you? Compressor - Ice machines take much less time to get ready to go
★ does space in the freezer matter? Compressor machines can cool the finished ice cream on its own and you do not have to empty the freezer
What else do you need?
For this you would need as a bloody beginner maybe a few recipes. It is also worthwhile to look at products where you will receive a recipe book as well.
Pros and cons ice maker for home
Let's get to the advantages and disadvantages, which brings a new acquisition for the kitchen with it. Nice to have, you will not be happy here because even the smallest ice cream machine still needs space.
✔ You have your own ice cream every time
✔ and can save a lot of money over the year
✔ You do not even have to go to the door P for that
✔ You always have full control of what you put into your ice cream, how it happens
✔ This also helps to reach your own goals. Ice does not have to be a sin!
✔ You can make vegan ice cream or protein ice yourself - seriously, who among your people can?
✔ Fresh ice even in the middle of winter - even if you are snowed. The Christmas dinner is saved
✔ You can try all the recipes in the world - and invent a thousand new ones
even for a small money you get an ice cream machine for your home
✘ a high-quality device with which you have all possibilities, is more expensive
✘ and takes up space accordingly
✘ with an ice maker without a compressor you need a certain amount of time and space in the freezer
Conclusion - ice machine with compressor
When you have tried a few basic recipes and learned how to use the machine correctly, you are master of the ice. So to speak. You can easily make your own ice cream at any time of the day or night. You can do it for you. You can do it for guests. You can do it for someone else's guests. For the neighbors, the colleagues, for parties, for invitations, simply always and at any time. You are completely flexible.
Not only when you make your ice cream, but also how and with what. Isn't that awesome? Yes it is. The right protein ice cream for athletes, something that tastes like chewing gum for the next child, after a hard day there is a topping made of egg liqueur. We think: an ice machine like this belongs in every household.
Find in the Top🔟 the best & best-selling compressor products 2022 on Honest Tests
- Ice machine with integrated compressor, 1,5 l capacity, aluminum ice bucket, temperature range of -18°C and -35°C, and timer
- Enough for everyone: With a capacity of 1,5 liters, the machine produces enough ice cream, frozen yoghurt or sorbet for your family.
- Fully automatic: With the integrated compressor, you can conjure up ice cream and more at the push of a button.
- Ice machine with integrated compressor, 2 l capacity, aluminum ice container, temperature range from -18°C and -35°C, and...
- 2 liter capacity: In the large aluminum container, you can also make larger quantities of ice quickly and easily.
- Individual: Mix any ingredients and add more delicious ideas to your favorite ice cream through the opening.
- PERFECT RESULTS - In just 45 minutes, the self-cooling ice cream machine conjures up 1,5 L of creamy ice cream or sorbet without pre-freezing, ...
- POWERFUL - Thanks to the integrated compressor and the 150 watt cooling capacity, Emma does not need any pre-cooling and prepares ice in the ...
- SIMPLE & SAFE - The Intertek GS-tested ice cream maker has a practical lid opening for adding ingredients during the ...
- SUITABLE FOR ALL KITCHENS - Thanks to its compact dimensions of 35,5 x 26 x 22,5 cm, the Eni ice cream maker can easily be found in even the smallest kitchen ...
- FAST ICE CREAM - Thanks to the integrated compressor and 100 watts of cooling power, Eni conjures up up to 30 ice cream within 1 minutes without pre-cooling.
- FULL FUNCTIONAL VARIETY - pre-cooling for creamier results, enjoying ice cream immediately or thoroughly stirring your ice cream mass? Eni lets...
- Slim design - The SEVERIN compact ice cream and yoghurt machine impresses with its particularly space-saving design and, despite the compressor, is hardly ...
- 2-in-1 function - The innovative 2-in-1 "warm & cold" function for preparing ice cream, sorbet, frozen yoghurt, ... is particularly practical.
- Fast preparation - With the ice cream maker, ice cream can be prepared quickly in less than 30 minutes*. (*depending on recipe, quantity...
- Volume for approx. 1,2 liters of ice cream / Cream ice cream in just approx. 30 minutes (with pre-cooled ingredients) / Also very suitable for vegan,...
- Fully automatic, self-cooling compressor for continuous refrigeration / LCD display with display of the remaining time / Freezer area...
- Digital timer, adjustable from 5 to 60 minutes / Removable, stainless steel ice cream container for easy cleaning / Lid opening for adding ...
- PERFECT RESULTS - In just 45 minutes, Elisa conjures up 2 liters of creamy ice cream and, thanks to the integrated heating element, transforms milk ...
- VERSATILE - The all-rounder has 4 programs that can be easily set via the digital control panel: ice cream, yoghurt, ...
- POWERFUL - Thanks to the integrated compressor and the 180 watt cooling capacity, Elisa does not need any pre-cooling and prepares ice in the ...
- 2 liter volume for ice cream
- Digital timer for minute-by-minute programming
- Self-cooling compressor (down to -35°), so pre-freezing is no longer necessary
- POWERFUL MOTOR - With the Erika ice cream and yoghurt maker, even the largest portion becomes delicious ice cream within 50 minutes. The powerful...
- TOUCH DISPLAY – One click to ice cream and yoghurt happiness. Erika convinces with simple operation thanks to the functional and intuitive touch display.
- MANY FUNCTIONS - In addition to the well-known functions of ice cream, yoghurt and stirring, the ice cream maker with compressor offers a new feature that ...
- XL fully automatic ice cream machine with powerful built-in compressor for homemade ice cream
- removable container with a capacity of 1,5 liters
- Ice machine with cooling compressor down to -35 degrees = no pre-freezing in the freezer necessary. Ice machine cools up to 1 hour.
- Mobile office: Ecoflow Delta Max 2000 power station + Ecoflow 400W solar panel foldable
- Test: Beurer UB 68 XXL double heated blanket | Buy thermal blanket
- Test: iRobot Roomba 980 vs. Xiaomi Roborock S6
- Test: Echo Studio | Smarter high fidelity | 3D sound + Alexa
- Test report: Proviz Reflect 360 running backpack | Running & Sport
- Test: Songmics X Bike - fitness bike | Exercise bike
- Pool robots - cleaning the pool | Pool vacuum
- Hair chalk | dye hair quickly
- Starlight projector for the children's room | Starry sky projector
- popcorn loop | How to make your own cinema popcorn
- Metal detector top ten - probes with metal detector for hobby and work
- Mobile air conditioner | Air conditioning - best buy guide
* Product images & links | Source: Amazon PA API | Last update on 29.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX | * = Affiliate links | Prices quoted on this website may have changed. The actual price of a product can be found on the seller's website. Real-time updates are technically not possible. Prices including VAT plus shipping costs